Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Academy [RP]
[FIN][PRP] B-but! They're Delicious! (Clowrey x Theo) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:42 pm

This is a private RP between Clairvere (Clowrey Eir) and Treble (Theodore Ashland).

Where: The Academy
What's happening: Theo misses comfort food and decides to make some in the kitchen. Cowrey finds him. Food related hijinks ensue.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:05 pm
Theodore had been adjusting to life at he Academy better than he had expected. Where he thought nothing would be beautiful and everything would hurt, he found it to be the opposite; everything was beautiful and nothing hurt. Well, ok, he lied about the hurting thing. Things hurt sometimes, but he would get used to that. He would not, however, get used to all the cute girls going here and there. Even though he promised himself he wouldn't like another girl ever after the last incident, they all brought a blush to his face for different reasons.

To try and take his mind off this not-so--big-dilemma (and partially to quiet his urge for the comforts of his home), Theo had managed to sneak down into the Academy's kitchens in between meal times and start making something he missed very much; passion fruit and white chocolate cookies. Yeah, it sounded a little odd and he was rather surprised the Academy even had passion fruit on hand, but it was his favorite type of cookie and was generally a treat from his mother to him.

"Ok. So now I add the eggs," He said quietly, going down his list of gathered ingredients and the little directional cheat-sheet he made before he left home.

He wasn't sure if he'd get to use the kitchens at the Academy, but in the off chance he got to, he wanted to make sure he knew what he was doing. As a result he made his own little directional cook book before leaving. Not that he would admit it and tell anyone.

"Whisk, whisk, where are you whisk?" Theo mused after cracking the eggs into his wet ingredient bowl and discarding the empty shells into the garbage.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Souru

Questionable Shapeshifter

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:15 am
_
_

©ⓛⓐⓘⓡⓥⓔⓡⓔ ± ©ⓛⓞⓦⓡⓔⓨ ⓔⓘⓡ

For one reason or another, Clowrey had been late to dinner service. And by the time she'd got to the mess hall, most of the food had already been gobbled up by the 'on time' student body...Though that wouldn't be too much of a problem. She'd just take an apple or something from the kitchen. She hardly cared what she ate, as long as it filled her belly...After all, it all tasted like ashes to her now. Avoiding any teachers on the way, Clowrey arrived to the kitchen with an empty stomach. To her surprise, someone was already here...and cooking? 'Hmm, he looks like a student though...' she thought to herself, adjusting her shades. 'The heck is this guy wearing?' However, she paid him no heed as, with near-silent steps, she looked around for something to quench her hunger.

"Whisk, whisk, where are you whisk?"

Her eyes fell on the sought-for utensil, conveniently placed on the table right besides her. She grabbed the mixing tool and sauntered over to the unsuspecting Theo, poking him in the shoulder with said whisk. "Found it," she piped up nonchalantly, a free hand on her waist.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:23 pm
Theo had no time to prepare as he was abruptly poked in the shoulder with something. Clowrey had been so quiet, the poor little Rookie music-man had no idea she was even in the kitchen with him. Needless to say, his reaction was that of someone caught way off their guard.

Shrieking in a very unmanly fashion, Theo twirled around to come face to face with another of the Academy's students. She was wearing shades and had the whisk he had been looking for firmly in her grasp. Behind him his wet and dry ingredients had gotten pushed away from him in his terror and some of the chocolate chips had found their way to the floor.

Gulping hard, he placed a hand to his chest hoping the action would help calm him down. As he spoke it became evident how startled Clowrey had made him, "Y-y-you scared the life outa me."

His voice broke and squeaked, but his internal dialogue was nowhere near comparable. What in the hell?! He thought to himself, attempting to keep a nasty looking scowl from forming on his face, Who on earth sneaks up on people like that!?

"I...Uhm, T-thanks," He squeaked hesitantly, trying desperately to regain his composure in front of... whoever this was.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Souru

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:54 pm
_
_

©ⓛⓐⓘⓡⓥⓔⓡⓔ ± ©ⓛⓞⓦⓡⓔⓨ ⓔⓘⓡ

Well that hadn't been...quite the reaction Clowrey had been expecting.

She got wide-eyed and froze up when Theo gave out a girlish shriek, becoming tight-lipped when he turned to stare at her. She blinked a few times, whisk still in her hands, still rather taken back by this reaction. All she did was poke him! He was acting like she pulled a shank out on him or something! It was a moment or two before Clowrey replied back, slowly putting the whisk down on the table instead. "Uhm...Sorry?" she replied, quirking a brow quizzically upwards. "I didn't mean to, uh, frighten you kid..." She took a step back, slowly, as if any sudden movements would set this guy's alarms off again. "I'm...just gonna go--"
    GRRRRMBL~
    Oh, right. Hungry.
    "--Go find something to snack on..." Clowrey sighed exasperatedly. Missed dinner, it was getting late, and now she was getting shrieked at..What a wonderful day! Feh...

She grabbed a banana from one of the fruit baskets, peeling the tip and biting into the soft fruit-flesh. Clowrey glanced at Theo..."Are you suppose to be in here?" she inquired curiously.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:17 pm
"No, I'm sorry... I just," Thoe began seeing how freaked he had made the other student with his reaction. "I was just..uhm, too focused on getting my measurements right, I mean. Uhm. It's not your fault... i just... I just didn't hear you."

Theo sighed heavily as the girl with the shades attempted to excuse herself from his presence. He felt he clearly blew it on that front and as Clowrey went to go grab a nearby banana, he snatched the whisk from the table and turned back to his cookie mixture.

"Such a waste," He muttered to himself, kneeling and scooping up the chocolate chips that managed to fall on the floor. He took them over to the trash can and threw them away before washing his hands quickly so he could return to making his cookies.

As he began to dry his hands off, the other student piped up once more, asking if he was supposed to be in here. Shooting her a sideways glance, Theo shrugged his shoulders quietly, "P-probably not."

He didn't imagine he was supposed to be in here. After all, they had a staff to make them food and such, so he probably shouldn't be using their things. He didn't much care though. He missed home. He missed cookies. He was going to fill the void for both.

"But, uhm, what they don't know... doesn't hurt them. Right?" He said, turning back to Clowery after he finished drying his hands. "Uhm, I'm... I'm making some cookies. Do you... uhm. When they're done I mean.... Would you like any?"

He figured he'd offer since she was here. It was rude to cook in front of another person and not offer them any, and frankly if his mother ever found out she'd be highly disappointed in him if he didn't offer.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Souru

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:42 pm
_
_

©ⓛⓐⓘⓡⓥⓔⓡⓔ ± ©ⓛⓞⓦⓡⓔⓨ ⓔⓘⓡ

'I don't look that intimidating, do I?' she asked herself while listening to him stutter. 'He kinda reminds me of Anemone though...I've been half-expecting her to die of fright this week. Maybe there should be a support group for these two...' She took another bite of her banana, trying to give a reassuring smile to the boy. "Yeah, if the staff doesn't find out anyway," she chuckled jokingly, I'm only down here 'cause I missed dinner service. And, man, I was put through the ringer in gym today...I'm about ready to plop down dead!"

When he asked if she wanted to try some of cookies, her gaze went to the bowls he was fervently mixing into. 'Kami! This kid looks like he's baking for an entire class or something...Oh well, free food.'
    "Well if you don't mind sharing some, sure. I'd like that; thanks! I'm Clowrey by the way. What's your name, jitterbug?" Get it? 'cause he was wearing purple and being all jittery and nervous...You know what, nevermind.

Clowrey leaned back into the counter, asking, "You bake a lot?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:50 pm
"I, uhm... I haven't had... gym yet," Theo commented, before turning away from Clowrey once more to mix together his wet and dry ingredients.

Theo wasn't very good at many types of athletics. Sure, he was light on his feet and quick, but he had absolutely no strength behind him. The only thing he was any good at in gym class back in grade school was tag. He couldn't climb ropes, he was terrible at kickball and quite frankly he didn't like the idea of a volleyball smacking him straight in the face. It was unpleasant.

"I, uhm. I've only had a, uhm... a music class so far. Well, that I, uhm... liked anyway," Theo said quietly, tapping the whisk against the edge of the bowl when he finished mixing the batter together.

Jitterbug? Theo thought, making a face slightly as he reached for the parchment paper and tore off a piece, placing it onto a nearby baking sheet, "Uhm, I don't mind sharing. It'd uhm, it'd take me awhile to eat them all by myself anyway, heh."

"My name's Theo," He said quietly, quickly grabbing small spoonfuls of cookie dough and rolling them into balls. "Uhm... Not really. I mean, not on my own anyway. Uhm... Usually I bake at home with my mother. But, heh, uhm, she's not really here and I really wanted some cookies."

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Souru

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:32 pm
_
_

©ⓛⓐⓘⓡⓥⓔⓡⓔ ± ©ⓛⓞⓦⓡⓔⓨ ⓔⓘⓡ

She finished off her fruit, tossing the peel easily into the nearby trash can. Man did this guy stutter a lot...! 'At least he works better with his hands and a whisk then his mouth,' she thought to herself as he went on. "Oh, so you're missing home, Theo?" Clowrey commented, "I guess that's understandable..." At the moment, she had the image of a country home, with a little boy and a mother with an apron in the kitchen...Was that sort of thing you did with a mom?
    Well...she cooked alongside her father back home too, but it was more like...

"You have too many tea leaves in the spoon."
    "Aaargh! How can it be too many?! The spoon's half the size of my pinky! And I've been sitting on my knees for the last 2 hours--I'm getting sore!"
    "Don't raise your voice...One has to be calm when you perform the art of tea."
    "IT'S 5 AM IN THE MORNING."
    "Why is Clowrey being so loud this early in the morning?!"
    "Shut up bro! Why don't you have to do this?!"
    "I did this when I was your age--Now quit complaining!"
    "Go jump in the river!"
    "I swear I'll toss you into the river with me!"
    "SMART a**."
    "LOUD MOUTH."
    "GEEKOID!"
    "BRAT FACE!"
    ". . .Ahem."
    "Sorry dad..."
    "Sorry father..."

". . .Nope, nevermind. Don't really understand it." Clowrey sighed again, feeling frustrated just remembering those sort of things. "I do not miss making tea..." she added under her breath.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:01 pm
"Well, uhm, not really home per say," He commented, taking his spoonfuls of dough and shaping them into little balls. One after another, Theo placed them on the baking sheet as Clowrey sighed and retracted her previous statement about him missing home being understandable.

Doesn't she miss her home? He thought, turning to face her again, "Well, uhm, you see. My mother and I, uhm... we live in a theater apartments and my mom, uhm... She's always working."

That was probably the best way to describe it in his mind. They live in theater apartments and his mother was always working. He hoped that translated enough for Clowrey to realize he just doesn't get to spend enough time with his mother and didn't make him seem like the biggest dork of all time right there. Not that his 'outfit' made it easy to dispel him being a dork.

"So, uh...Clowrey," He began, quickly grabbing the tray of cookies and making his way to the ovens to put them in.

He had been pre-heating the oven before Clowrey had made her appearance, and as they talked it had finished its pre-heating cycle. Theo popped the tray into the oven quickly so he didn't burn himself on the wrack, and quickly set the timer for ten minutes.

"W-what's special about you...?" He asked, trying not to be too frank, but he figured he'd eventually know what her abilities were if he ended up having a class with her, so why not just ask now?

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Souru

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:26 pm
_
_

©ⓛⓐⓘⓡⓥⓔⓡⓔ ± ©ⓛⓞⓦⓡⓔⓨ ⓔⓘⓡ

"Sorry--Had an entirely different situation from you." She shrugged, "I guess I'm just one of those people who felt she spent WAY too much time with family." Didn't really help that the town was small; she could barely turn a corner without running into her dad or her brother! "But...I guess I sorta get the 'mom' part. A little bit..." She quieted a tad, looking around for a glass and some sort of drink to down inside it.

"So, uh...Clowrey...W-what's special about you...?"

"Oh, I deal with smoke." She waved her fingers a bit, black smog trailing out of them for a moment or two. "I can make it into things too--kinda solidify it and stuff...Like into an aluminum bat if I need to whack a few bad guys around or something~" She chuckled a bit, remembering she said the same thing just a day or two ago. 'Should we all just make an informative sandwich board to wear?'
    "And you?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:53 pm
"Hmnnn, lucky," Theo mumbled to himself under his breath.

He wished he could feel like he spent too much time with his mother. At least he'd know what it felt like to be smothered than. Actually, he took that back. He didn't want to feel smothered. He already felt loved, despite the fact his mother spent most of her time focusing on her work than on him, but she made it up where she could and was there for him when he needed her.

"Smoke?" Theo repeated, watching with interest as indeed a black colored thicket of smoke shot from her fingers.

So she's a walking cigarette? He thought, Well, she doesn't smell like a cigarette, so I guess it's not so bad? Maybe? It is kinda useful... For getting away and stuff.

"It seems kinda useful," He said quietly. In comparison to her abilities, his seemed like a joke, but than again in comparison to a lot of powers his seemed like a joke.

He made a small face when Clowrey asked what he did and looked away from her towards the oven. It would be going off in a few minutes, but not in a short enough amount of time to buy him an excuse not to tell her. He sighed and muttered, "Uhm... I sing and stuff happens."

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Souru

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:09 pm
_
_

©ⓛⓐⓘⓡⓥⓔⓡⓔ ± ©ⓛⓞⓦⓡⓔⓨ ⓔⓘⓡ

"Oh, that explains everything.
    . . .No, really now, I'm gonna need a little more info than that. What do you mean, 'sing and stuff happens'? What kinda stuff?"
    It wasn't that she was trying to be nosy...Okay, she was. But it was more then just curiosity--She was an investigative sort of person who could barely be satisfied by something as vague as that. She had noted how he seemed to hesitate, staring at the timer...So maybe she wouldn't pry too much. Shifting into a more comfortable position on the counter, she scratched at her irritated nose...The sweet, warm scent of the cookies was filling the room now, and her overly-sensitive nose felt like it was getting slapped around.
    "Is it like...You sing an angelic tune and there's a bunch of lights and your allies get healed?"
    . . .Wait, that's only in games.
    . . . . .Then again, this entire student and staff body were consisted completely of 'freaks' and whatnot.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:22 pm
A little nosey, isn't she? Theo thought to himself as Clowrey tried to verbally poke and prod him for more information in relation to his abilities. At least her nose sits on a pretty face.

Truth be told, he wasn't quite sure what all he could do. As soon as the incident in his grade school occurred and he was outed to the entire student body and ostracized, he stopped singing all together anywhere near people. He didn't want to hurt anyone else, or worse.

"It, uhm, could be that," Theo said innocently, swaying on his feet a little. He was comfortable now. Not necessarily comfortable talking to her, as he wasn't very comfortable talking to anyone, but he didn't feel the needed to be as guarded as normal. The whole adjusting thing, as it were.

"Honestly, uhm, Clowrey, I have no idea what I'm capable of," He said quietly, looking down at the ground and than peaking back up at her through his dark bangs, "I don't exactly... use my abilities. I can't control them well, and, I, uhm... I don't want anymore people getting hurt. The only reason I'm, uhm... really here is to get... get a grip on them."

The timer on the oven went off as Theo finished his sentence and made him jump slightly. He'd almost forgotten about the cookies.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Souru

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:42 pm
_
_

©ⓛⓐⓘⓡⓥⓔⓡⓔ ± ©ⓛⓞⓦⓡⓔⓨ ⓔⓘⓡ

"Huh..." So this 'gift' was a less-than-happily found or received one, seeing how he said 'ANYMORE people'...Now that she understood very well. Instinctively, she placed her right hand over her opposite shoulder, becoming very quiet at this moment. "Clowrey..." Now there's a voice she hadn't heard in a while. Clowrey glanced up to see Corduroy's shadowy form next to her...They'd gotten into an argument and she'd demanded for him not to show his voice or speak to her and...this was one of the few times she was glad she didn't actually control him. She gave him a subtle smile, knowing only she could see Corduroy and carefully acted as though it was only her and Theo in this place.

"And what about when you do get control over it? What then...?" she queried, though they weren't completely directed at Theo. "When you don't know what you're capable of...Well, the great thing about that is you don't know when you can be stopped..." She sighed, rubbing the nape of her neck with a small chuckle. "I'm really just rambling a little here but...Many of the students come here to find their limits and to break them.
    Some of them have already reached some limits, but not all of them.
    Others, like yourself, don't know what their limits are at all.
    But you're the first one I heard who's only want to reach those limits. And stop."
    She smiled wryly, gazing straight at him, "ANYWAY...How are those cookies looking?"

Academy [RP]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff