Welcome to Gaia! ::

Marvel Nerds United

Back to Guilds

A place to Roleplay and Discuss all things Marvel!!! We Have fanfiction!!! 

Tags: Marvel, X-men, roleplay, comics, Fanfiction 

Reply Undertaker's Grave Yard (aka Archives)
The Magnus Institute for Higher Learning Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Robotic Integrity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:36 pm
User Image

-
--
---
----

The Magnus Institute For Higher Learning

Starting in the late seventies and moving through the nineteen-eighties, a pair of two activists pushed for a cause fresh in the media: The Mutant Agenda. These two men were Charles Xavier and Erik "Magnus" Lensherr. Having both been manifested decades before, they were familiar with the persecution that the rising number of mutants were receiving from the masses.

During a certain rally speech in Washington D.C., Professor Charles Xavier was gunned down by a sniper's bullet. For several months, Erik mourned the loss of his friend until he decided to take an active, more vigilant, role in the agenda. He founded the Magnus Institute for Higher Learning in his friend's memory.

Year's passed since the school's construction, and many semester's have come and gone. Professor Lensherr has aged well due to his magnetic powers, but his age has restricted him to a wheelchair and is now balding. Several of the former students and coleagues of the Professor have taken roles as teachers in the school, which include: James Howlett, Piotr Rasputin, and a rather graying Kurt Wagner.

This marks the begining of a new semester and school year. Gathered from around the world to learn how to use their new powers to help and benefit mankind, new students will be shown a new world within these walls.

A world that will help usher in a new, brighter tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:41 pm
The School Layout

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1: Driveway to Graymalkin Lane.
-
2: Path to stable house.
-
3: Path to garages.
-
4: Entrance courtyard
-
5: Xavier Memorial Statue
-
6: Classrooms
-
7: Memorial Gardens
-
8: Path to boathouse
-
9: Kurt Wagner's Office
-
10: Atrium
-
11: Erik's Office
-
12: Boy's dormitory
-
13: Observation Tower
-
14: Cafeteria
-
15: Piotr Rasputin's Office
-
16: Hedge Maze
-
17: Girl's dormitory
-
18: Basketball Court
-
19: Swimming Pool
-
20: Breakstone Lake

Robotic Integrity

Robotic Integrity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:45 pm
Dormitory Arrangements

-------

Boy's Dormitory:

Room 106

Jason Priest
pyrokinesis

Sean McGinnis
Combustible Reaction with Organic Matter

--------------

Girl's Dormitory:

Room 203

Tory Massimo
Hyperactive "Time Sense"

Room 104

Alice Danica
Liquefaction of Personal Biology

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:56 pm
Rules

One

This roleplay takes place in a different universe than the classic (616) universe. It is in the near future, most of the more well known and popular X-Men have either died or are living normal lives. This is to keep those characters out of play.

This is for new and original mutants in a new class. All students will be original and the classic characters will be played as either NPC or given to those who truely deserve them (a.k.a. X-Men fanatics and true literates)

-----

Two

As stated above briefly, this is a literate playground. I know that nobody is perfect and can always post ridiculous amounts of material, but I am hoping that in applying you understand what it means to be literate and can hold your own amungst aurthors and lovers of literature.

-----

Three

The very nature of this play allows for not only friendships, but relationships held on a much more romantic note. With that being said, please follow the TOS and keep all love, romance, and other types of mush PG13, please.

-----

Four

Now, the applications. As a test of literacy and creativity, I challenge all those interested to send their applications to me via PM; however, there is a catch. The application will and must be IC. It will be in the form of a letter sent to Professor Lensherr by the students parents, asking for enrollment. The letter must include the following:

Student's name
Student's power, including when and how the power manifested
Student's age
And the tone of the letter should entail the family's views on mutants

Things such as appearance, personality, and deep history will be revealed in play and accordingly.

*On a side note, to keep in tune with a more traditional superhero feel, I would strongly try and keep multiple powers to a minimum.The dormitory post has each character and their power stated, and if your own character has something along those lines, I would like to urge you to change it. Because, in all fairness, they were here first. If you're having trouble coming up with a power or character, please ask me, I have several methods of developing your very own unique mutant.

ANOTHER SIDE NOTE! Please do NOT post until you have gotten an acceptance letter. If you can just wait a bit, your patiance will be rewarded...

Five

For those who are less informed, the Institute is a place for mutants to come to learn how to use their powers, mostly after something horrible has happend. They are persecuted in the world very heavily and in no way would they be confident in their powers when they arrive. This roleplay exsists for an emmergance into the X-Men universe, the one just stated, this is not a place to come and brag about powers. Those who simply show up and start going on and on about what they can do like they are proud of it does not fit the setting at all. So I ask you to please try and keep this as "real" as possible.

Robotic Integrity

Robotic Integrity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:03 pm
The semester didn't start for another week, but the grounds were bustling with returning students. Most of the time, first time students arrived closer to classes, their parents doing their very best to avoid everything that related to the situation of their child being a mutant. That was fine by Tory. More time to settle in. As an upperclassman, most of her friends had moved up and out, which also meant she would be playing host to most of the new kids coming in this year. She could use all the time she could get.

A faint sound like ice cracking marked her arrival in her room. Tory cast a proud smile down to her watch as she watched the battery bar fill up. It was good to be back at school, where she got to use her toys proper. Summer vacation was always nice, but Tory never felt quite home at home since enrolling at Magnus, and kept most of her belongings in the dorms. It felt so good to look around her room with all of her books and posters. Teleporting made everything so close, but anytime she was away from the school, her heart felt half way across the world. This was where she belonged, this was where she fit in, this was her home. Her grin grew wider as she fell, arms spread wide, onto her bed to day dream about the sort of person her roommate was going to be like this year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:54 pm
User Image
› › ›мσηѕтяυ‹ ‹ ‹
what it wouldn't be it would
You see?

▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬
Sometimes the curiosity can kill the soul but leave the pain
And every ounce of innocence is left inside her brain

▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬

▬▬ ■ ▬▬

She felt the light breeze brush through her hair and listened to the sounds of her sneakers click against the driveway. She paused from walking and looked up at the huge building. The place was massive, and a death trap for students who got lost easily. She started shuffling her feet again walking through the entrance courtyard to the entrance of the building.

Her parents had sent her to the school almost a week early so that she could settle down and get a hang of the place before it all started. She pushed open the heavy front door and made her way inside. She noticed some other students walking around, most of them seemed to know where they were going. She pulled out the map she was given of the school and looked it over before looking back at some of the students walking past. "Um, excuse me. But I am looking for th-" She stop when the kids seemed to just keep walk. She assumed it was because she had been speaking to quietly. She sighed lightly and began to just make her around the atrium. She would wonder around until she found the place, or understood the map.

▬▬ ■ ▬▬

▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
And through the looking glass we see she's painfully returned
But now off with her head I fear is everyone's concern
▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Derse Dreams
Crew

Tarot_Nightmare
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:24 pm
He was playing with fire...

User Image

╔═════════════╗
Jason Priest aka Inferno
╚═════════════╝
Down at the crossroads
They say he sold his soul
Hell-bent on being King of Blues
Deal with the Devil

Jason walked through the front gate.His eyes wandering a little.The place was a lot bigger than any school he'd ever seen. a lot of things for him to burn if he wasn't careful. That made him extremely nervous. His power had always scared him. Jacob had said that they would teach him to control it. But fire by it's nature,is almost uncontrollable. Jason was smart enough to know this. He entered the courtyard and stopped looking around at the various windows. he hadn't gotten a map.He had no idea where he was supposed to go.

...But I swear there's an angel in there
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
Sittin' in his rockin' chair
He put the mojo in the air
Yeah, hear the black cat moanin'

Twelve bars and a man possessed
Separated from all the rest
He was playing with fire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:41 pm
User Image
› › ›мσηѕтяυ‹ ‹ ‹
You see?

▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬

▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬

▬▬ ■ ▬▬

Alice grumbled a bit reading the map over and over again. She finally walked back out of the mansion and through the entrance courtyard all the way to the driveway again. She then turned around and looked at the map. She could tell where the driveway was, so it she just fallowed the right side of the building, she should be able to get the the girls dorms.

▬▬ ■ ▬▬

▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Derse Dreams
Crew

Robotic Integrity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:58 pm
Bamf

Bamf

Bamf

Kurt made his way around the school checking in with new and returning students, making sure that everybody was accommodated. As he ported through the front lobby, he cast an interested glance out one of the front windows...

A fresh semester. There were lists posted on which students shared classes. There were last minute summer break assignments that needed to be done. There were likely at least a dozen friends stalking the hallways. Still, Tory spent the last two hours trolling her way through her typical internet haunts. The imminent boredom made her face the closest thing to responsibility she had faced since being back: Checking her school email. There were the inevitable assignment reminders, "welcome back" notes from friends, and (of course) the last on the list was a priority form the Professor himself. A quick skim through brought a sigh to her lips. She got to play big sister.

These letters came through from the Professor on occasion when the uppercalssmen were severely outnumbered by the new kids and extra hands were needed to introduce freshmen to the "unique" sort of life on Magnus campus. Tory wasn't much of a social butterfly, but being one of the more experienced upperclassmen this semester came with it's half of cons with the pros.

In an undeniable show of destiny, as Tory finished reading the message Professor Wagner appeared in a puff of smoke, "Ah, good morning, fraulein. It vould seem that there is a new student out front in need of some assistance. If you don't mind." He offered her an apologetic smile before disappearing again to return to getting ready for the semester.

With an over-expressive grunt she pushed herself away form her desk. The high pitched tink of space time fracturing echoed in her room as her rolling chair fleeted across the floor, but before she reached the other side of the room, Tory was gone. Instantly she was in the main atrium of the school, swinging open the door to greet the wandering teen. In a pair of dark wash jeans and a fitted Magnus Institute black tee, she was obviously somebody that could help the girl. Tory had a tendency to keep her hair in a lad's cut, and today was no different. Her hair was cropped close to her head, revealing the dermal anchor she had on the end of her left eye brow.

She flashed a sideways smile,
"Hey there, welcome to Magnus. Name's Tory, where ya trying to get to?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:12 pm
User Image
› › ›мσηѕтяυ‹ ‹ ‹
You see?

▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬

▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬

▬▬ ■ ▬▬

Alice looked up at the girl a in a bit of shock. She blinked a few times before the little hamster in her brain started running on its wheel again, not that there really was a hamster or a wheel. "Oh, ah Hello." She said bending the corner of the map a bit nervous and embarrassed about being lost. "I was looking for the girls dorms." She said looking past the girl and at the large building.

▬▬ ■ ▬▬

▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Derse Dreams
Crew

Robotic Integrity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:29 am
Sean stood alone amongst the busied students. His parents had saw fit to take him as far as the end of the driveway; seemed that even though their son was a mutant, the idea of sending him off with a proper "goodbye and best wishes" was second to staying away from an "infested cesspool" such as Magnus. He had always heard of the mutant districts in the city back home, that they were run down, dilapidated, and most of all dangerous. Granted he had never seen any of them, let alone been in one, but from what he understood, his parents would have been right to call them cesspools. From where he stood now, though, all those preconceptions were very far from the truth. The campus gleamed, clean and full of life.

Another boy wandered past him and stopped, snapping Sean from his spellbound stare at Xavier's statue. A series of blinks marked his step back into coherent thought as he looked over,
"Hey, I'm Sean." He said, his desperation for a normal foothold on this extraordinary day was backed by a forced smile. His glance moved to the gate behind them before back his companion, "Your parents left you for dead too, yeah?"

~------------~

"Not a problem, come with me." Tory said with a wave of her hand and a smile, guiding the girl inside. "Name's Tory, I've been here a bit, so if you have any questions, go ahead and feel free to pester me. What's your name?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:01 pm
User Image
› › ›мσηѕтяυ‹ ‹ ‹
You see?

▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬

▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬

▬▬ ■ ▬▬

"I'm Alice." She said before fallowing Tory inside. "Do a lot of people get lost here?" She asked the girl, partly wanting to keep up a conversation and partly wanting to know is she was the only one or if most people tend to get lost in this place.

▬▬ ■ ▬▬

▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Derse Dreams
Crew

Robotic Integrity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:04 pm
The mansion's architecture was stunning and pristine, all in all Tory had a hard time believing that it was a school. "Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried about it. This place is huge, it's pretty intimidating. Like a fish out of water." She said with a bit of a chuckle. "So, Alice, where you from?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:20 pm
User Image
› › ›мσηѕтяυ‹ ‹ ‹
You see?

▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬

▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬

▬▬ ■ ▬▬

Alice trued to memorize the path they were taking, as well as not stop to gawk at the design of the place. She had thought her fake parents house was nice, but it was just a box compared to this place. "Huh?" She said looking away from the place and back at Tory. "Oh ah, I was born in Russia." She said knowing not a lot of people would have guessed that. She didn't really have an accent, sometime when she got really mad and started yelling her old accent would show through a bit. "But I've lived in the US for years. What about you, before you came here."

▬▬ ■ ▬▬

▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Derse Dreams
Crew

Robotic Integrity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Victory "Tory" Massimo
They call me Paradox

"Russia? No kidding?" Tory said as she shouldered the door to the dorms open. "Our P.E. teacher is Russian. Super nice guy... D'you say your name was Alice?"

The skinny girl craned her neck as she looked around the room, her voice hushing as she tried to read the name plates on the doors. "Oh me? I'm from good ol' St. Louis. When I first moved up here--- Ah! There it is! Alice Danica! Room 104!"

In her very best half-hearted sprint, Tory made her way over to Alice's room and presented it with an exaggerated bow, "Welcome to your new home, Ms. Danica. Need any help with your stuff?"

The Everywhere Girl

Undertaker's Grave Yard (aka Archives)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces