Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:40 pm
User Image

The spotted black Faun shifted slightly in her sleep, wrestling with unseen figures and strange images only in her mind. They seemed real enough to her, even if she seemed to be viewing them through a deep fog. Still, she could feel the wind in her face, the earth grumbling beneath her hooves, surf from some unknown beach splashing at her legs, and heat radiating from an unknown source at her back. And through it all wove a primal magic, one that made the fur at her neck stand on end. It was as if the elements were in turmoil...trying to tell her something, but with images and a language she didn't understand. She was frustrated, as she could tell that the message was important...but she just wasn't getting it. "What? What is it?" she finally snapped in irritation, whirling around one last time...and everything went dark.

She sat bolt upright, immediately awake and panting slightly as she tried to catch her breath. Her adrenaline was pumping, and it surged once more in panic as she was greeted with pure darkness. Oh wait...right. Vanya reached up, running a hand through her hair to untangle it as well as get the loose strands out of her face. She noticed that it had grown much longer since she'd just let it go. She'd really have to do something with it eventually, if only so she didn't look like a crazy recluse to the rest of Laisidhiel's inhabitants. Wasn't as if she was vain or much concerned about her own appearance in a mirror. Though, there was Takis...

He'd been her constant caretaker since the events of the Council meeting. While Vanya had spent much of the time sleeping, it seemed that whenever she awoke and needed something, he was never far away. She worried a bit, hoping he was at least taking care of himself half as well.

Suddenly realizing how thirsty she was, Vanya sighed and reached out a hand to blindly feel for her staff, which she tried to keep within arm's reach of the cot. She wrapped her fingers around the smooth wood, and used the staff both for balance and guidance as she stood, heading out to get some water.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:57 am
User Image
Takis hadn't needed nearly as much sleep as Vanya, and so he'd taken it upon himself, while she rested, to begin exploring his new connection with the Great Tree they now inhabited. Vanya already had her own sleeping nook, likely the one the last Seer had used, nearby but separate from the ritual room. But Takis still needed a spot to sleep, as dozing while kneeling beside the sleeping Seer was not particularly restful, and so he found a clear place adjacent to Vanya's nook and began, very slowly, to shape it into a sleeping place for himself.

He was almost finished--he would put the finishing, artistic touches on today. For now, though, it was more than serviceable, and he couldn't wait to introduce Vanya to it. His eyes flick open. He'd awoken when she'd gotten out of bed--his body seemed to be attuned to hers, lately, and he found himself sleeping much lighter than he'd thought possible. Letting his eyes adjust to the dim light of night, he watches her. He doesn't immediately intervene, but does pull the blanket back and shifts on his cot (he'd have to 'borrow' his fluffy mattress from his parents' house when he gets the chance), ready to hop out and catch her should she show signs of falling. He wants her to feel capable and independent, and he certainly doesn't want her to feel like he's her babysitter.

Takis huffs a small sigh. He wonders when he'd find the courage to talk to her about....about what? He ruffles a hand through his hair and lets his head drop back on the pillow. Girls are no less difficult now than they'd been when he was a teenager. He turns his head to watch Vanya again. He wonders what she needs. He tried to keep everything she could want within arm's reach. He pulls out the bit of wood he'd selected from the council ceremony and turns it over in his hand, rubbing his thumb along the ridges and valleys of it. It'd become as a worry stone to him. His heart ached for Vanya. Even if they could never be together as mates, simply knowing she loved him would be enough. And it's the love for her that prods him out of bed, hooves softly clopping on the floor toward her.

"Can I help you find something?" he asks in a soft voice.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:54 pm
The soft sound of hooves reached Vanya's ears first, the familiar cadence causing a smile to cross her face in the darkness. "Takis," she murmured fondly, her ear flicking lightly at the soft sounds. Laisidhiel was quiet now; must be nighttime. And yet, Takis was there again, waiting for her when she awoke. Dear Takis.

"It's alright. Just thirsty and thought I'd take a walk," she answered, her vacant stare aimed at nothing in particular. She paused with her hand on Laisidhiel's wall, frowning a bit as she seemed to concentrate on something. "The winds are picking up outside. Probably best to stay inside," she murmured. It wasn't as if the winds could cause a tree as great as Laisidhiel to sway, no matter how strong it was; she just knew it was happening. Perhaps Laisidhiel itself was beginning to speak to her. She hadn't been awake long enough to test her new powers, or experience the loss of those she'd given up, much yet. She'd have a lot of adjustments to make now that she was mostly rested up from her ordeal.

As Takis neared, she took her hand from the wall and reached out in his direction instead. "Takis? Are you well? Having trouble sleeping?" she inquired, a concerned frown on her face.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:08 pm
Takis chuckles softly. "No, I'm sleeping just fine," he reassures her, squeezing her shoulder gently. "In fact, I've been getting to know my new powers while you've been resting. I've constructed myself a little nook near to yours. Would you mind if I walked with you?" he asks.

He can hear the winds whistling outside as well, but he feels nothing but safe and warm within Laisidhiel. He is careful to keep his mind open to the Great Tree, incase the storm should cause damage he needed to repair and heal. It would be difficult, though, distracted as he was by Vanya and all the things he wants to tell her.

"Are you feeling more rested?" he asks. She seems less weary than she had the last few days.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:00 pm
"Of course not," she replied, managing to place her hand on Takis' arm after hitting only air a couple of times. Why would she mind his company? She'd not complained all this time that he'd been by her side, so why would she start now?

"Much better, thank you," she added with a nod. She hadn't been up and about much in the past few days, but at the moment at least, she didn't feel like she was about to collapse, so that was an improvement, right? Her steps were careful as they moved, making sure each foot was set solidly before continuing. She could feel the solid support of Laisidhiel beneath her hooves, reassuring and comforting.

"You said something about constructing a nook for yourself?" she asked curiously. She smiled, noting that he'd said it was close to hers. She'd figured as much, considering how he always seemed to be there when she awoke. He had to have been keeping an eye on her as she rested. Not that she minded.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:01 pm
"Mhm," agrees Takis with a small nod, tucking his arm with Vanya's hand close to his body. "Adjacent to your own space, as a matter of fact. I'd hoped you would be feeling well enough tomorrow to be up and about, and I could show you." He pauses and smiles, the warmth audible in his voice. "I'm so glad you're feeling better, Vanya. Exploring this Great Tree hasn't been nearly as fun without you to talk with."

He'd done his best to keep his voice level, but even he can hear the lovesick tone creeping into it. He blushes, guiltily thankful for a moment that she couldn't see it. There was another part to the nook he'd constructed. As it was adjacent to Vanya's own sleeping space, he could easily shape a doorway between them, connecting the two rooms. That is, if she wanted. If she felt about him the way he'd come to understand he felt about her.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:49 pm
Vanya's attention was mostly on her companion as they walked, with only a little spared for her staff, tip lightly touching the ground ahead of her as they walked. For the most part, she trusted Takis to watch out for her, as he had been the past few days; yet, she did need to learn to watch out for herself. Plus, it was nighttime, so depending on where they were and how much light were available, he might just as easily miss something as she would, considering.

She smiled, nodded as he talked about his new place, and she offered, "I would very much like to...visit," she quickly caught herself before she used the word 'see' and supplied 'visit' instead. It was hard to ignore the wave of sadness that went with it, however. The knowledge that she'd never get to see Takis' new home, not the way he saw it, was sobering and weighed heavily on her heart. Still, she tried not to let it show in her expression, only wanting him to see how happy she was for him and how she would like to visit as soon as he was ready for her.

His admission of missing her while exploring made her smile as well, though she sensed there was something else behind the words that he wasn't saying. "I am, thank you, Takis," she offered again, patting his arm. "Now you don't have to worry about me so much, okay?" She meant the statement as a joke, trying to chuckle afterwards. Still, she could tell that something else was bothering her friend, and it turned her expression towards a concerned frown once more.

"Takis? Is everything okay? You seem....distracted," she offered, trying to put the feeling she was getting to the appropriate word. In a moment of insight to the possible problem, she added, "If you're worried about Laisidhiel, I'm sure everything will be fine. It's weathered worse storms than this through the years, so I'm sure there won't be much damage; nothing serious at least."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:10 pm
Distracted. Takis almost chuckles. That would be an understatement. "Oh, no," he begins, clearing his throat nervously. "I am certain the Great Tree will weather the storm beautifully." It's his own personal storms he's more worried about.

So what to do now? What should he say? Surely the nervousness in his voice had carried. She'd always been so good at picking out his emotions, bringing them to the surface. Takis remembers when he first met her, and she'd seemed so confused by his offer of companionship. It seemed like ages ago. Sighing, he runs a hand through his hair.

"I just....thought we could talk. We haven't had very much real time together these last few days." That would do for a start. The quiet darkness of Laisidhiel seemed like a safe space to talk, and perhaps even speak of his deep and complex feelings for his dearest friend. He takes Vanya's hand. "We could keep walking, or we could find a spot to sit, or something." His voice is anxious, but almost excited at the same time.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:20 pm
It was true; while Vanya had difficulties understanding emotions on a personal level, she'd always been rather gifted in reading others through her observations. While she wasn't a mind-reader, of course, it was just that she could tell when there was something more than what was being said plainly, even if she didn't always know exactly what it was. She didn't have the luxury of seeing those she was interacting with anymore; however, oddly enough, it seemed that her ability to read beneath the surface of things was coming to her more easily now than before.

Didn't always make things any less confusing though.

All that she could tell now was that something had Takis flustered and unfocused, as if he had something on his mind; but what? Perhaps in such distraction, taking a few other factors out of the equation might be a good idea. "Of course, we could talk, Takis," she answered, pausing for a moment. "Let's find some place out of the way to rest. Okay?" She tilted her head curiously, much like she used to do, even if now the effect was a little less 'cute' and a little more 'creepy' when her eyes no longer focused on anything in particular.

Of course, she'd need him to lead them somewhere to sit before they could talk.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:43 pm
Takis nods, glad she seemed at ease and curious instead of on edge. He tucks her hand under his forearm and leads her a short distance away, to an intimate little cranny in the wall shaped just like a couple of seats, partially surrounded on 3 sides. He helps Vanya seat herself and get comfortable, then settles in himself.

Now where to start? Takis runs a hand through his hair again. Perhaps it'd be best to just...out with it. He takes a deep breath and takes Vanya's hands in his. "Over the past few days, I've come to realize that I care very deeply for you." Not a bad start. He watches her face for a reaction.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:54 pm
Vanya settled in, setting her staff nearby so that she could easily find it again, then made herself reasonably comfortable, leaning back against the wall with a contented sigh. She'd taken a moment to relax, then straightened up so that her friend wouldn't think she was too tired to listen to what he had to say.

The feeling of her hands in his had become a very comforting sensation for Vanya, and she smiled, seemingly puzzled that this was what had been bothering him? Well, it wasn't as if it was a secret for anyone else that had seen them, considering his behavior as of late. And she certainly didn't mind.

Afterall, she'd been so alone since...well, since she'd originally left the Tree. She'd never imagined that anyone would ever want to get close to her again after what ha-- well, what had almost happened. And yet, from the beginning, Takis had held no fear nor prejudice against her or her abilities, even seeing what she could do. He'd accepted her, without cause nor demand, except that she be his friend as well. It was a fair agreement.

And she'd not regretted it since.

"Oh Takis," she smiled, shaking her head slightly. "I care for you too. You're the best friend I've ever had." It was true, even before her powers had emerged, she'd never been especially close to any other Faun. She'd been closer friends with the bugs and beasts of the surrounding forests of Laisidhiel than any of the other Faun children.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:03 am
Well, that hadn't not been the response he was hoping for. He hangs his head briefly before trying again.

"You...you're the dearest friend I've ever had too, Vanya....and I....after watching over you for the past few days, I've come to understand...." He runs a hand through his hair and takes her hand again, rubbing his thumbs over the backs of her fingers, both in a comforting and nervous gesture. "That I care for you more than...j-just as a friend." A blush flares into his face and he feels as if she must be able to feel it from where she's sitting.

"I...I love you."

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:48 am
In the brief pause, Vanya had frowned a bit in confusion, starting to say, "I'm not sure I underst--" Then she'd stopped short, blinking a couple times. It wasn't the same effect it once was, but it still felt natural, and when confused, whatever feels natural seems to be what comes out.

He...he...loved her?

She had known that he cared for her, yes, and she cared for him. He was very dear to her, and yet...she'd never actually considered the word before. For some reason, the very word seemed to carry weight with it, possessing something very serious and not to be taken lightly.

And yet, was that what she felt? Vanya didn't know for sure. Her analytical mind was turning the problem over and over, in order to see it from all sides. Yes, she was fond of her friend...but why? Was it because he was the only one who had ever accepted her so unconditionally? Was that all it was? Had she simply latched onto him out of desperation, out of loneliness, the desire to have companionship from another of her kind? Perhaps...

But that didn't explain why he felt this way about her. Takis was a sweet individual, caring and kind, with an open heart for others. He could have made friends with anyone without problems; and yet, he chose her. Why?

Perhaps she was looking at this all wrong. Love was supposed to be felt, an emotion; not to be analyzed like a physics problem. Emotions...were not Vanya's strong point. Observations into how the world worked, where there were concrete answers, that was what she was most familiar with. But this...?

Maybe that was the point. Maybe no one really understood 'love.' That would explain why others had difficulties with the concept as well. Perhaps the trick...was to trust your instincts, and leap with both hooves, praying that everything would work out.

She realized, that's exactly what poor Takis was doing right now. He'd put everything into this one confession...and she'd left him hanging while she tried to puzzle her own feelings out in her head.

"Oh, dear Takis," she murmured, shifting their hands so she could give them a reassuring squeeze. She smiled a bit, only guessing what agony he must be in. She didn't want him to take anything she said the wrong way; at least until she was finished. "You're very dear to me; my best friend as I said before. I care more for you than I do for anyone else I know."

She hesitated a bit. "I just...I don't know...I mean, what is love?" she mused aloud, focusing on the sensation of their entwined fingers, her face lowered as if staring at her lap, unknowingly hiding herself behind her own willow leaf branches. "I don't know for sure what it is...or how you're supposed to recognize it. It's not exactly something you can physically see or measure."

"But, at the same time," she continued, not daring to take a breath, lest he misunderstand her, "what I do know is how I feel. I like being with you, Takis. I think about you, and worry about you, when we're apart," she admitted. "The worst possibility that came to mind when I was to become the Seer...was that I'd never get to see your face again." She paused, only to blink away the sensation of wetness at the corners of her eyes. She needed to push on, or she'd never finish this.

"I don't know...if that's the same thing. But, if that's what love is..." she trailed off, raising her face. She struggled with the words, as if sensing the weight behind them and how much this would change everything from here on forward.

"Then, I think I love you too."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:41 am
Vanya paused for a really long time. Takis feels his heart pounding in his chest, at the edge of his seat, waiting for her reaction. He feels the moisture gather in his eyes, blinking rapidly to banish the unshed tears. She sounded awfully unsure. Maybe this was a mistake. Maybe he shouldn't have risked their easy friendship for something more.

But in his heart he knows it'd be worth it.

And then she'd given him her answer. That she loved him as well. Relief and joy flood Takis, and he nearly weeps. He leans forward into Vanya, hugging her around the waist and resting his head on her shoulder. "I'm so happy to hear you say that...." he says, holding her close.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:32 pm
Momentarily surprised by the gesture, Vanya stiffened at first as a natural reaction, then regaining her senses, relaxed and rested her arms comfortably around Takis' shoulders. It wasn't only the gesture that had surprised her though. There was something else that accompanied it.

A sudden flash of color.

It didn't seem to come from her eyes, as sight had before. Instead, it seemed to come directly from her mind, and yet, it was presented in a similar way. She couldn't see Takis as it were, but she could tell that the color surrounded a vague form, even if she couldn't distinguish it clearly. The outer section of the color 'aura' as it were, was a rich green, like the forests once were. It faded towards the center towards a more...blue-green, like that of the deep waters of the sea, closer to Takis' form. She fixed her mind on the image, storing it in her memory even as it faded once more into blackness.

What was that? And what had it been cued by? Takis' hug? Or more than that, the strong emotions passing through the air? It seemed to be more than just that, but it was a close enough answer for now. And anyway, the colors were gone now. Had she imagined them? No, no, Vanya was sure she'd 'seen' something just now. But...she'd keep it to herself until she was sure. No need troubling Takis with her ramblings right now. Besides, they had other things on their minds.

Minding their antlers to avoid an embarrassing situation or at least breaking the current mood, Vanya smiled warmly and rubbed her cheek against Takis' hair. "I can tell," she replied with a touch of mischief and mystery in her tone. The contact was nice, and she left her eyes closed and her form resting against Takis' for a bit.

Then she leaned back, as if looking at Takis with her head cocked to the side. "So...now what? I mean," she interrupted herself awkwardly, realizing that came out wrong. "Where do we go from here exactly?" It wasn't as if she'd ever been in a relationship before...or really observed one for study either, for that matter.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff