[PRP] Outside the bounds (Toba and Piatsu) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:19 pm
He'd never ventured far from home bewfore, but today the sun was warm, the grass was green, and the male felt a desire to hunt coming on, moving calmly as he looked about, nose twitching. He tried to figure out the signs prey were close, although a nearby river looked lovely, and fishing was a far easier task for him. Very slowly he moved to fish, watching that he wasn't invading someone's territory. He never knew-- and his mother warned to never do so without permission. It simply wasn't done.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:42 pm
Toba-likiza disliked being out and about during the day, in part for the practical reason that it was hotter, especially with her dark pelt, but mostly because something about the daylight made her feel...somehow exposed. Her hunts the last few nights had failed, though, and she was getting more than a little hungry. She decided to check the river first, maybe lie in wait for something small to come by for a drink, but as it happened, someone else was already there.

Hmph. Her ears tipped back in faint annoyance. No prey animal was going to approach the river with a lion hanging around so openly.

"Are you trying to become croc food?" she drawled, coming up from behind.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:53 am
Piatsu was surprised someone addressed him, but turned to the sound and smiled politely. Ah, a dark female was there, and the young male bowed his head politely.

"No, not particularly. I rather came to fish, myself." He nodded calmly, studying her face evenly, ears erect in a friendly position. As if on cue a fish caught his eye and with one motion he away it to shore, nodding. Good, one down.

"Care to join me, miss?" He smiled.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:25 am
"I think I'll stay back here, thanks." Toba sat back on her haunches to watch, though, eyeing the fish he threw onto the shore. She had never been one to fish, as it simply seemed too risky a venture. The fish might not fight back, but some of the other things in the river...

"I nearly got grabbed there just a few days ago," she said, putting a slight shudder in her voice.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:54 am
"Did you?" Piatsu sent another fish to shore, surveying the water carefully. "Thank you for telling me. I'm afraid I'm not typically near this area. Ahhh, forgive my manners today. My name is Piatsu."

He sent a fish to shore nearby the female, and nodded. "Yours?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:18 am
"You're welcome. Wouldn't want to see anyone turn into lizard food, after all. I doubt it's pretty." She was hungry, and it was incredibly tempting to take those fish and run off with them, but it would be foolish to make an enemy unnecessarily. If she could get him to share by continuing to be 'nice' to him, it would be a meal with a minimal amount of work or risk.

"Maru," the lioness answered, borrowing her mother's name. No one got to know her name. No one got to know her.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:32 pm
Piatsu smiled, unaware the female was untruthful, but bowed his head politely and smiled warmly, sending another fish her way.

"It's nice to meet you. And yes, I doubt being lizard food is wise. Here, please, feel free to have some. I'm a good fisher, I can catch as much as we can both eat, if you like? I don't mind company."

He suddenly dove, jaws enveloping three fish as he rose his head, mouth full and a slightly dorky, but sweet expression on his face as he tossed them ashore, beaming happily. He liked her... She seemed nice!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:07 am
"Oh, really? You don't mind sharing? I don't need a lot, I wouldn't want you to stay in there too long, but..." Her voice dripped with gratitude and concern she didn't truly feel, but hey, anything for a free meal!

That expression was sort of, dare she think it...cute, in a clueless male sort of way. At least if she had to hang around someone long enough to get their food, it was someone dorky and harmless.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:21 am
"Not at all." Piatsu smiled kindly, chuckling. "Besides, company would be nice for once. My family really rarely eats together anymore. And I always do enjoy a friendly face."

He snapped at a couple more fish, sending them ashore before moving to join her carefully, the occasional fish sent to join their brethren. He moved to avoid scaring what remained, and soon jumped ashore, smiling.

"Ladies first."

It wouldn't do to be impolite to a possible friend.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:14 am
"Thank you," she said, though she hated the words and didn't mean them. They were such weak words, such meaningless sentiment, and those kinds of things didn't get anyone anywhere good.

"You still live with your family?" Toba didn't really care, but making conversation was part of this annoying charade of being friendly. She started to eat delicately, though she would much rather have scarfed it down. Manners. Ugh.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:23 am
"Only my mother. My family is... Split unfortuanately." Piatsu at his own fish quietly a moment, looking a little sad at this.

"Mother and father don't see one another much and father raised my brother and sister." But then he smiled, just a little.

"I see them, sometimes, though. What is your family like?" He asked, slowly.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:30 am
That seemed a bit of a...strange family arrangement. Maybe his parents hated each other's guts, or something? No, even that didn't make much sense. Why would they let the other have anything to do with the kids, then? Uck, she wasn't even going to think about it. Family crap didn't make sense even when it was 'normal.'

"I don't have one," she replied shortly, busying herself with her meal. It was a half-truth - her mother was alive, but Toba had nothing to do with the pathetic lioness, aside from borrowing her name sometimes.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:33 am
"Oh..." Piatsu trailed off, feeling a bit badly talking about hid own, strange as it was. "I... I'm sorry." He sighed, before looking over.

"Do you ever get lonely?" He looked concerned-- someone lonely... It... It was a sad thought, really, one he didn't relish.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:40 am
"Don't be." Toba paused then, deciding how she wanted to answer his question. If she milked this, there could be a possibility of more free meals...but at the cost of having to put up with this overly-sentimental lion. Hmm. Alright, but just for a little while. "...It's not your fault."

She sniffed and looked away for a moment. "Sometimes."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:03 pm
"Still, I wouldn't have gone on if I'd known." He sighed, shaking his head, nosing another fish her way.

"So are you going anywhere?" Piatsu smiled shyly.  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff