Welcome to Gaia! ::

The z!F Regs Fan Club!!

Back to Guilds

Where you can vote for your favorite Reg of the month!! 

Tags: zOMG!, z!Forum, Fan Club, Forum Regulars, appreciation 

Reply Nominations!
Nominations Info

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXAzarielXx
Captain

Blessed Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:01 pm
User ImageShoot for the moon...
Here we will hold the nominations for the members of the month! When the appropriate thread is open, you may be able to nominate one person for the Reg of the Month. with a brief description of why you believe they should be nominated biggrin the best descriptions will make it more likely your person will make it into the voting poll. when the poll is posted you may vote!

Even if you miss you'll land among the stars...User Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:29 pm
Do we have to renominate someone, or do the people who were nominated last month stay nominated?  

RafiCat

Mega Hoarder

xXAzarielXx
Captain

Blessed Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:13 pm
yea, i will make a new thread in the nominations subforum and anybody you would like to nominate must be posted in that specific thread  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:01 pm
xXAzarielXx
...you may be able to nominate one person for the Reg of the Month.
User ImageShoot for the moon...

Judging by how previous nominations appear to have gone, shall I assume this rule is no longer in place?

Just thought it best to clarify before I proceeded to post my recommendations... sweatdrop

lol well iv been going back and fourth on this.....because i dont want it to be like november where we had like 50 people nominated and we split the poll. but this month its one per person

Even if you miss you'll land among the stars...User Image

Red Kutai

Benevolent Codger

Silk Kanishk

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 am
Pretty sure I've people nominate more than one person on occasion. confused  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:41 pm
Silk Kanishk
Pretty sure I've people nominate more than one person on occasion. confused

Azariel edited my post rather than quoting it, so it may be a bit hard to tell, but she said that they'd gone back-and-forth concerning the value of that particular rule. Personally I think that limiting us to one nomination per person is reasonable, as it helps to prevent issues like November's double-poll, and requires Guildmembers to consider who they think is most deserving of a nomination, rather than simply nominating everyone they consider worthy at the time.

The downside is that this is a pretty strict limitation, and may prevent deserving users from being nominated if they are not being widely recognised. Additionally, it carries the caveat that it may result in Guildmembers getting 'locked in' to certain nominations - for example, if jz turtless isn't selected this month, it is likely that I will re-nominate him the following month, and continue to do so until he is successfully chosen. If many Guildmembers follow such a pattern, it can produce a low variance in poll options, causing some stagnation in choices and generally boring votes.

I can think of a couple of systems that could potentially serve to alleviate those concerns, but I'm not exactly in any position to go around implementing convoluted nomination systems, here. Even without any such accomodation, though, I do feel that the benefits of limiting each member to one nomination outweigh its potential downsides... 3nodding

Red Kutai

Benevolent Codger

Nominations!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces