Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Academy [RP]
[PRP] Dorm mates? Oh, right! (Jenner/Straffe)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:51 pm
This is a private RP between Penumbra (Jenner Roce) and Sunburst (Straffe Einreihard).

Where: Sidekick Academy
What's happening: After dinner, Jenner is writing in his diary journal when someone comes a-knockin'.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:54 pm
Jenner glanced up as the door opened with a thud!, and lifted an eyebrow. "Knocking works, too." He pointed out, starting to get off the bed so he could kick whoever the hell it was out of his room. He hated being intruded upon; moreso when it was without at least knocking first. Who knew what he could be doing?! Honestly, some people--

Oh. Hey. That was that kid from the buffet. What was his name? Stafford? No, that wasn't right. Straffe. "Hey, Straffe." He blinked at the glowing rookie, putting his diary journal on his bed. At least he had time to finish the entry before Straffe showed up...

"We're roommates, right?" He remembered vaguely hearing the announcement that he was one of the 'lucky ones' and got a roommate. How someone considered that lucky was beyond him. He'd much prefer to have his own room, but... At least it was Straffe, and not someone who he didn't even know.

"You need help with your stuff?" He offered, looking sheepish as he glanced towards his side of the room; he'd found it after the buffet, and had taken it upon himself to pick a side and unpack. The sooner it got done, the better, right?

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 am
Straffe had finished his food and then gone wandering around campus, before the sun sinking behind the mountains had painted the sky in a mismash of purples and pinks and lonely clouds drifting lazily. The sunlight vanished and for Straffe it was like a physical jolt. He yawned, he'd been strolling down the long halls of the school, getting a layout for his internal map of the place, but drowsiness forced him to consider finding his dorm room. He had been assigned someone to dorm with, but hadn't paid enough attention to the name because he was busy writing down the location. Still, new faces, new experiences. All that jazz.

By the time he got to his room he was yawning a little more. When he knocked and went in he was surprised to find Jenner there. Ah, fate! They already spoke at dinner. "Hi.--" his words were cut off when he yawned again. "-Jenner. Yup, guess we're good. Naw, I'll get it in the morning." The last was referring to the offer of help.

He noticed that the other boy had already domesticated his side of the room, three boxes and a bag sat on Straffe's side, neatly packaged for the chaos within. "I'm going to unpack some stuff then crash." Which looked good, since he did look a little pooped.

He shifted the boxes onto the floor at the foot of the bed, opened the one marked clothing, grabbed a pair of PJ's and then opened the other, the one marked toiletries. Yes. A whole box of toiletries. In his defence, there were two big fluffy towels that he refused to leave at home lest he return to find that his cousins had... eaten them or something, but most of it was hair-care products. And all the associated needs for basic personal grooming. Well, his opinion of basic personal grooming.

With another yawn and a droopey shoulder-stretch, he took the whole box into the bathroom and closed the door. Noises of questionable origin ensured for a few minutes before he emerged with an empty box, and his PJ's on.

"Okay. I'm crashing. Long day." It was barely eight. But one of them was practically solar-powered.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:11 am
Jenner blinked at Straffe through the conversation-halting yawn, and looked amused. "Alright." He nodded, kicking back on his bed again and putting his journal under his pillow. Childish, perhaps, but he felt it was something that warranted hiding. Could you blame him? It was in his baser nature. Hiding came naturally. He eyed him from the bed, watching him rifle through boxes, and blinked a bit when he took a whole box into the bathroom.

The hell was he doing in there, putting up drywall!?

When Straffe finally came out, Jenner couldn't help but look amused. "It's not even late yet." He pointed out, lifting an eyebrow and leaning back on his bed anyway. Whatever, if his roommate wanted to sleep, he'd just take advantage of the quiet. Assuming Straffe didn't snore. .... "You don't snore, right?" Oh, crap, please don't be a snorer. Jenner was a light sleeper as it was!

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:23 am
Straffe yawned again and scratched his belly in that lazy, oblivious manner of the truly 'comfortable anywhere' people. "You didn't take much space in the bathroom, is that normal?"

usually he was competing with his mother and cousin's toiletries for space, but it was almost like he'd had the whole place to himself this time. Not that Straffe was complaining, just concerned there was an unpacked box on his roomie's side that would displace his gel, moisturizer, round and straight brushes.... not that Straffe spent way too much time on his long luscious locks.

The photokinetic flopped across his bed, grunting when he realized he needed to grab his blanket and pillow from the bottom and arrange them. "It's dark outside. I-" he yawned again. "-get really sleepy when it gets dark. Especially if my batteries need charging."

He pulled his pillows under his chest and propped up on his elbows so he could talk to Jenner a little easier. "I don't think I snore. My father talks in his sleep, and my uncle sleepwalks- but I think I'm free of such activities." He cocked his head to one side, violet eyes narrowing. "Do you sleepwalk?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:31 am
"Yeah, usually." Jenner nodded, leaning back with his head on the pillow and stifling a yawn. All Straffe's yawning was contagious, it seemed. "All my stuff's been unpacked." He stretched, and moved onto ihs side, eying Straffe from his bed with a frown.

"Oh, right." He nodded. That's right; Straffe was the solar charged superhero. Heh heh. He shrugged it off, rolling back onto his back and looking up at the ceiling. Furrowing his brow, he pointed at the ceiling, drawing shadows from the side until there was a tiny little dinosaur attacking a car.

He grinned a little. Shadow puppets, man. Gotta love 'em.

He looked over when Straffe started talking again, his finger still up, directing the little show. "Not since I was two." He scoffed. "... But I do this in my sleep, apparently." He said, looking back at the ceiling. "At least that's what my Dad says. He thought we were being robbed once because of the shadows moving around; turns out I was just playing in the living room." He grinned a little, and dropped his hand, letting the shadows go.

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:56 am
Straffe watched the shadow play with curiosity. The power was certainly unique, and he could see a great many uses for it, both mundane and unusual. Then again, he could see a great many uses for his own power, if only he could get into that whole 'exploring' thing. With a smirk he rolled onto his back, the cotton pajama shirt ridding up a little unnoticed over his stomach.

"I was a'wandering around the campus for a while. I'm not messy- well, not too much." he spoke quickly. Keeping organized in his life had always been more about patients then about anything useful.

He watched Jenner from upside-down now. "That shouldn't be a problem, I think." Unless of course his necklace was smothered and tried to eat his room-mate--- what was the chance of that happening? Straffe decided not to mention it, afterall, that would probably be oversharing, or... worrying?

Besides, it wasn't like a kid with shadows and a kid with light couldn't get along. Neither of them had anything to worry about popping out of the closet! There was the annoying optimism again.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:20 am
Jenner nodded a little, tilting his head towards his roommate as an indication that he was paying attention. "Alright." He nodded a little, smirking quietly. "I'm pretty much organized. Mostly." Looking under his bed in a few weeks would bely the statement, but that was in the distant future.

He grinned, nodding. "Good. I'm pretty sure I don't, but... I kinda keep odd hours." Part of the shadows, he surmised; being a nocturnal kid. "So if I come in late or something, it's not, y'know. Bad. I just like to walk when I'm not tired." He muttered, looking over.

He eyed Straffe, furrowing his brow. "We should probably sleep, huh." As far as he knew, the next day would mean classes.

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:48 am
"That's cool." Straffe grinned. "I sleep pretty deeply." That was nothing new though, in his house, he had to sleep deeply.

Straffe flipped over and started fixing his bedspread so he was now under the covers.

"You don't need to sleep on my account. You can stay up. I'll drift off with the lights on." He'd gotten used to that anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:53 pm
He watched him flop around through the corner of his eye, and smirked a bit, shaking his head. "Nah, I probably should sleep, too." He muttered, laying back without getting under the blankets. With the way he kicked around, it was just useless to cover up.

He glanced over. "Think we'll have classes together?" He asked idly, settling in and closing his eyes as he faced the ceiling.

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:32 am
Straffe yawned a little and rolled so he could watch the younger boy from under his heavy lashes. He had snuggled into his bed, all safe and sound for the moment. Outside the sky was covered in dark clouds, blotting out the stars and casting shadows through the windows.

"Hm, classes together? I dunno." He sat up and grabbed his school-bag, digging out his scheduler. "Hum, most of my classes are the usual aside from power-control. General science, english, math, PE. You're about two years younger than me, right? Maybe I'll be helping you with homework."

Straffe shot the dark teen a bright smile. Like homework was... fun.... or a joint effort... or something. Then again, perhaps for him it was.

With a questioning look, Straffe hit the light. The soft glow of his pendant was little more than the faint outline of a night-light. The kind that one might need for a child. This made Straffe laugh a little. "I guess you're not afraid of the dark?"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:34 am
"Yeah, about." He nodded, furrowing his brow. "So we probably won't have classes together. But we might have the same teachers. I can't imagine they have more than a handful of teachers around here..." He looked over, and quirked a brow at Straffe's smile.

"Most guys don't look so excited over the prospect of homework." He grinned a little, rolling his eyes, and closed them again, laying back on his bed.

"Me? Nah. Well..." He shrugged. "Sometimes, I guess. When I have nightmares, I need light just so I don't feel so..." Suffocated? Terrified of his own shadow? He trailed off instead of finishing the sentence, and looked over. "Most of the time, I don't mind it." He liked the dark, most of the time. But in the recent months, it'd been creeping on him, like something out of a horror movie. Dark and heavy and suffocating and--

He reached up, rubbing his eyes in an attempt to rub away the thought. It was just his mind playing tricks on him, after all. He looked over at Straffe. "You never take that off, do you?" He nodded to the pendant.

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:22 am
The purple haired teen finished squirming around in his bed and setled on his side, cascading locks of hair spilling down his face and neck, framing his skin in the night. He brought the pendant just under his cheek, smiling at its familiar warmth.

"It's easier to leave it on. If it bothers you too much, I can take it off. I just prefer it. Call me paranoid, but even though we're in a school full of mutants, if something attacks this place, I want to be able to defend myself." He paused and laughed. "Well, I guess it is paranoia, but I hear there are sea monsters around here, so at least..."

A long finger trailed over the symbol on the golden necklace. Money wise, it wasn't gold, actually, he didn't know what it was made out of, but he doubted it was worth much. "I never fear the light, you know? It doesn't bother me much or anything any more. I just feel like it bursts out of me like a bolt of lightning. It's like... I could breathe through the light, y'know?"

He closed his eyes, fighting back another yawn. "You make it sound like the darkness is almost alive..."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:26 pm
He nodded, and smirked a little. "It's alright." He said, waving off the offer for Straffe to take it off. "I can barely see it." He said, leaning back and closing his eyes. He yawned quietly, and frowned as he spoke. It wasn't something Jenner felt; if anything, the darkness was cool. Soothing. Never hot.

"It is." He said to Straffe's last statement, smiling a little. "To me, anyway. There's a difference, y'know, between regular shadows and living shadows. I couldn't control or move your shadow, 'cause it's a part of you, it's alive. But a book shadow, I could move that." He yawned. "The live ones kind of freak me out, I guess." He liked controlling the shadows, but the ones that moved of their own volition; the ones that did what they wanted to, like the Shadow Man, made him nervous.

"Anyway." He said, stretching. "We should go to sleep." He muttered, pulling his blanket up to settle in. "Something tells me we're gonna hit the ground running with class."

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Academy [RP]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items