Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:06 am
User Image

Welcome to the LI forum, where we are here to help those in need. This forum is for those undergoing any sort of life issue they want advice on, be it inter/intrapersonal- with family, friends, depression, sexuality, work issues or general LI issues you need help with. I know that some of us struggle every day with say some form of a disintegrated self or mental disorder, or great pain over something. One such thing is not having friends. Well we guildies can try to be your friends, we can try to brighten up your day if you let us. I know there's a few here who won't mind helping, and I'm one of them. I'm definitely not the best advice giver, but I can try to analyze your situation, at the very least listen to what you say and try to help you. I know the Vice Captain here is an eccentric oddball who probably wouldn't mind assuring you that she's crazy sometimes so it's okay if you are, if you're one of those people that feels like a total outlier in the way you think. I know I am too....though for different reasons. We have a regular here, also crew member, Yuki Windira. She's a very sweet girl and I'm sure she wouldn't mind you talking to her.

The rules are fairly simple though. Give respect to those who are speaking about their issue. Advice such as "Get over it" is usually not the correct route to take, even though being strong and moving past every wave sometimes is just the plain and ultimate choice. For a lot of people, however, it just doesn't work that way. So if you're one of those unsympathetic people, don't give advice unless it's coming from your heart, because a short "Stop being a baby" response might just be aggravating to the user and not do a thing, especially if they're in a deeply weakened state. Though sometimes, that kind of advice is necessary, so I won't say never. Also, be patient when you give help, and hopefully you will make the effort to converse with them if they do so with you.

That being said, for those who are seeking help, take a look around. First, be HONEST with yourself about the positives. Don't come off as self defeating, self defeating, self defeating, because you will most likely garner less attention that way and just annoy people or get crappy advice. Try to be reasonable and realize that your environment probably does support at least some hope if you make the effort to change the things you don't like. It is rare that we are all just "doomed"...usually, we have some type of life support we can snatch on to at the very least. Now, as I said before, some of you may be in a DEEP depression and just can't help how you feel no matter what. I understand, that's different. But for the majority of people, I want you to do soul searching, really look inside of yourself, because I know most of you have the hearts, the intelligence, will power to overcome your obstacles, and remember that there is someone who can love all of us if we try to love ourselves and be happy. Because the world is often a shitty place, but we're living it. And the challenge of life is to LIVE...not just survive. And you know like I do there are happy and kind hearted people on this planet, even though it may be difficult to find them, and yes there are tons and tons of greedy, selfish people...but if we make enough noise in the dust we can find a better path. Do you really want to DIE? REALLY? NO, YOU DON'T. THINGS CAN GET BETTER, SO BELIEVE IT. heart For all you people who feel like outcasts, you know what it's like to have the harder road, but you know what? That can eventually make you that much stronger.

So, please, try to be somewhat positive and accept the help others give you. Don't be afraid to lean on shoulders. At the same time, don't be afraid to be more independent and strong, no matter how hard it is, and yes YOU CAN lean on this guild. It may not be the most active at times, but you can lean on it. Just be aware that people can't help you 24/7, sometimes you have to help yourself. People also won't respond right away at times. Just grim and bear, okay? :3

Threads that contain supportive sites are definitely allowed and may prove very useful. For instance, the suicide hotline numbers in the USA are 1-800 SUICIDE or 1-800-784-2433 and 1-800 TALK or 1-800-273-8255

They have individual state hotlines though. Here is the site: http://suicidehotlines.com/

Not to be all sad sad with this thread (It's a happy thread!), and I know some of you may roll your eyes seeing the numbers, but for those who need instant help and if these numbers can help in the least, well they're here.

Through discussing your problems here, whether life altering or trivial, and yes TRIVIAL matters can be posted here, we hope you can also meet people and make friends. We'd suggest you try to solve the very minor matters on your own, but if you need assistance, you may have it. Just nothing ridiculous like "Ouch, I have a paper cut." None of that, please. Don't be SHY though or AFRAID to post here. If you have a problem, then post it.

Again, please be RESPECTFUL. No harassing, degrading, character assassination, just plain rudeness. That will earn you a ticket to a ban, thank you.

I lied.....these rules beat the Teacher sub....and makes my title ironic =P....IF YOU READ THESE RULES THANK YOU TO THE HEAVEN AND BEYOND heart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:08 am
IF YOU HAVE ANY WEB SITES YOU'D LIKE TO POST, I WILL ADD THEM RIGHT HERE.

http://suicidehotlines.com/  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers