Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Reg] Fish out of Water (Lucien & Sebastian)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:28 pm
He really hadn't ever thought he'd find himself in one of the game stores but for some reason one of the guys in the newspaper club at school wanted to do an article on some tournament that was going on.

It was some game called warhammer and he didn't get it at all but he was there to take pictures of it so they could put something with the article. His partner was lurking around the tables scribbling in a notebook and he was mostly at a loss.

Things might have been more interesting if he'd been able to get up close to the tables and take some macro shots of the figures and little buildings and stuff but no one would let him.

He felt really out of place.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:04 pm
Game shops were probably Sebastian's favorite place to be. Well, top five. Large empty fields did hold a certain attraction for someone who enjoyed launching rockets, after all. this one, though, was a store he'd been coming to for years and he knew most of the staff.

He'd heard about the Warhammer tournament, as if large posters everywhere in the store were easy to ignore. It was, however, something he'd only ever been mildly interested in. There were enough things he spent money on regularly. Buying Warhammer figurines was an expense that he had - somewhat regretfully - decided not to add. A tournament this size was usually staffed by volunteers and Sebastian had found himself gently dragooned into helping out.

Since he wasn't overly familiar with the game, his help mostly consisted of minding the rest of the store. Lurking around the front counter, he spotted a somewhat familiar head of purple hair and broke into a smile. "Lucien!" he called out in greeting, waving an arm to gesture the teen over. "What're you doing here?"  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:03 pm
When he heard his name he looked up from inspecting the settings on his camera. "... Sebastian?" He smiled slightly as he inched his way out of a small crowd. "I didn't expect to see you here."

He hadn't run into the other man since their last meeting but had enjoyed talking to him. "I'm taking pictures for the school newspaper. I got roped into coming since i didn't have classes this afternoon."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:06 pm
A smile broke out on his face as Lucian came over. "Glad you remembered me," he said. They had only met the once, but evidently they'd both come away from that with a positive impression. "I'm just helping out," he continued with a one shouldered shrug. "Not participating."

There was a short laugh at the explanation for Lucian's presence. "Oh yes, 'volunteering'." There were air quotes around the word. "My dad always called it being voluntold." He shook his head quickly, amused. "Gotten any good pictures yet? Or is that lot being too overprotective?"  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:12 am
"Something like that." He laughed softly, nodding. "I've gotten a few of the whole thing i think but nothing really good of the tables. They won't let me get close enough. Something about not being a gamer and that i might not respect things enough." He shrugged.

"It could be worse i suppose though. I might be stuck at home being bored."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:25 pm
Sebastian's grin tightened momentarily at the reason why Lucian hadn't gotten many pictures. "Give me just a moment, kay?" Muttering under his breath - something about mouth breathers and neckbeards - the brunette stalked away to a table where he knew the players. The conversation was too far away to hear properly from the front of the store, but eventually, he turned around and waved Lucian over.

"These guys'll let you take some pictures," he said. "And answer questions, if you want to take notes for captions or whatever." Newspaper terminology was not among the things Sebastian kept track of.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:01 am
He chewed on his lip while Sebastian was talking to the guys at the table, wondering what he was saying, and hoped that it wouldn't get him in trouble. When his friend came back he smiled.

"Really? Thanks." He inched his way over and after making sure he had enough room to actually hold the camera without knocking into anyone or anything on the table took a couple macro shots of the game pieces.

"If um, i could just be told what the pieces are? I think someone said they all have names like military paltoons or something?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:47 pm
Sebastian, for lack of a better word, loomed behind Lucien. Not that he was really looming; he didn't have the build or personality for it. He was, however, making sure that the players didn't get in the photographer's way.

"Something like that," he replied with a shrug and an arched eyebrow at the pair, who started pointing to figurines and giving them their proper names. "Anything else you need?"  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:54 am
"Yea ... thanks." He scribbled down a few notes so he could get proper captions under the pictures and tucked his camera and notebook away. "I still don't know why they sent me of all people down here."

He edged away from the table but stayed near Sebastian. "I mean i'm not exactly the ... well i know next to nothing about this stuff and i'd be too nervous with so many strangers around to actually get anything done."

His cheeks flushed slightly pink as he laughed.

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games