Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
I'm horribly confused. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:30 am
That could be part of her problem. I, for one, am really not a fan of Ouija boards. I know it's just a board made by a game company but I think they can draw and open up a lot of negativity and negative beings, especially depending on the user. I think there may be a possiblity that it is not all in her head and she may be communicating with something else out there. I don't know for sure or anything, but if she is, spirits, demons, etc, they can lie and sometimes they like to just screw with humans. But if it was more than just screwing with her or just in her own mind then she would have physically attacked by now. Or suffered a complete mental and physical breakdown.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:27 pm
Debate over whether a Ouija board actually contacts spirits or not aside....

One of the most important things to remember when communicating with spirits is that you shouldn't take them at their word. Don't quit your job because a spirit told you to and don't blow your rent money because a spirit told you you're going to win the lottery.

They may not be saying these things to intentionally mess with you; they just aren't omniscient and they don't know everything. We're talking about communicating between planes of existence here. It would be like me trying to tell you about or advise you on your situation when my only contact with you is through this here Internet forum. I can't possibly know everything about you or your life, or know the future for that matter.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Beelzebunz

Tipsy Poster

6,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:12 pm
I really don't mean to sound cruel, but I think the healthiest thing would be to slowly distance yourself from her. For what reason would an angel or demon have for so deeply involving them selves in her life, unless of course she is being convinced some stupid lie by some demon who isn't at all who he claims to be. It's much more likely that she isn't satisfied with her plot in life, so she thinks lying to her friends would make her out to be more interesting, and after all, who could it really hurt. In the end she could be hurting herself, she seems pretty shallow minded and now she is provoking spirits with lies, and involving her self in some strange occult business. That could attract some attention she thinks she wants, but in the end will regret. Also, I wouldn't confront her about it, she probably does not need mental help from a professional, it's much more likely that she needs to grow up and have a few very important realizations about how life works. You should avoid getting pulled into it, the best way to do that is by not associating with her. on the other hand, it really could just be a harmless lie that you try not to discuss with her, maybe you should just avoid the subject when you speak with her.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:36 pm
Zalaznick Valkyrie
Leeches in my peaches
... I know more than enough people who seem to think more out there than others... Honestly I think its a form of making themselves feel special. So I wouldn't worry too terribly much on her mental well being.

Be careful of what she tells you, especially if she's trying to get you involved in her situation. Sometimes its easiest to find your own path if you know what I'm saying.

of course. Though she is a friend, so I tend to keep an eye on her.
I have my own path already, but I listen to her, and try to provide outside viewpoints, much as everybody is doing here. But it kind of backfires, and she'll run off to a ouija board to get answers. >.>;;

That could be the problem. Someone could be feeding her those things that she says. Things you hear from Ouija boards can sound pretty convincing, no matter how extreme some things may seem, because of things like: who you are talking to, what type of being they are, or who and what type they say they are. I have a Ouija board, too. Made it myself. But I haven't used it in a while (and my life is soooo much easier not talking to who I would speak to on there).

Other than that, I personally doubt she's lying or doing it for attention or something, but mental illness or the above mentioned Ouija spirits I think are both decent possibilites. I also think that (like you seem to think, too) that her writing a story could be an element or cause of this, too. Maybe she has a really active imagination coupled with a really terrific ability to convince herself of things. But, really what came to my mind with that story angle you mentioned was that sometimes schizophrenics can't tell the difference between reality and fantasy. Like they will have a dream and think that it actually happened. IF, it is this option rather then something else, she could possibly be writing this story creatively and then thinking that it actually occured.  

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items