Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
I'm horribly confused. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zalaznick Valkyrie

Decisive Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:33 pm
I'll be honest, I'm new to pagan faiths. I'm curious, and excited and all sorts of things. But two friends of mine are sort of helping me out. Aka, they'll let me look through the books they have for what I want to research. Which is much preferred over telling me what I should be doing.

Though, like I said, I'm a bit new to it all. But from what I've gathered from my two friends, especially friend #2... who thinks that she has a dominant thought form, that has been sealed away in her mind, BUT has apparently also sealed away Samael, one of the Angels of Death, in her mind as well? And that apparently all sorts of demons want to kill her, and that one demon in particular, Belial, is in a special love/hate relationship with her, and has claimed that only he can kill her... but he's also said that she is supposed to be their (I'm assuming the demons?) Ruler by now.
She also noted that it's possible that Samael got himself sealed on purpose, and that that's why the Angelic forms are after her. Because they are kinda pissed at him.

So, more or less, she's taken me, a budding pagan.. a noob, basically, and has thrown me into this giant tug-of-war going on, where she is just the damn most popular rope in existence.

I would like some clarification? Because there's a small little part of the back of my mind that is calling bullshit to about half of it, if not all. I can't quite tell yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:11 pm
Zalaznick Valkyrie
I'll be honest, I'm new to pagan faiths. I'm curious, and excited and all sorts of things. But two friends of mine are sort of helping me out. Aka, they'll let me look through the books they have for what I want to research. Which is much preferred over telling me what I should be doing.

Though, like I said, I'm a bit new to it all. But from what I've gathered from my two friends, especially friend #2... who thinks that she has a dominant thought form, that has been sealed away in her mind, BUT has apparently also sealed away Samael, one of the Angels of Death, in her mind as well? And that apparently all sorts of demons want to kill her, and that one demon in particular, Belial, is in a special love/hate relationship with her, and has claimed that only he can kill her... but he's also said that she is supposed to be their (I'm assuming the demons?) Ruler by now.
She also noted that it's possible that Samael got himself sealed on purpose, and that that's why the Angelic forms are after her. Because they are kinda pissed at him.

So, more or less, she's taken me, a budding pagan.. a noob, basically, and has thrown me into this giant tug-of-war going on, where she is just the damn most popular rope in existence.

I would like some clarification? Because there's a small little part of the back of my mind that is calling bullshit to about half of it, if not all. I can't quite tell yet.

From what you told us, she either has a mental disorder, is a really bad liar, or uses her abilities irresponsibly and gets herself in messed up situations with forces far beyond her control. In all cases you should be careful about information you get from this person.  

mikeplusplus

Codebreaking Genius

6,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

Zalaznick Valkyrie

Decisive Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:18 pm
MikePlusPlus
Zalaznick Valkyrie

From what you told us, she either has a mental disorder, is a really bad liar, or uses her abilities irresponsibly and gets herself in messed up situations with forces far beyond her control. In all cases you should be careful about information you get from this person.

That's what I figured. :/
Though it also doesn't help that she is fleshing out a story she's writing at the same time, and though most of the characters in the story don't have a real-life inspiration, I can't help but notice that this story, and her "problems" are running similarly parallel. I've asked her to stop with the story for a while and see if anything clears up, but she is refusing. >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:54 pm
imo yeah shes lying horribly stare
im not sure why an angel would be sealed for any reason
if a large amount of demons wanted to kill her she would probably be dead by now
if they were attacking her, or where around her it would most likely be noticeable
etc  

neko-mata-01

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:49 pm
well, the first thing anyone learns to utilize in Magic is their Intuition. yours is calling BS; go with that.

the chick is obviously more than a little confused herself, if not just trying to appease her own superinflated ego.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:01 pm
I would take everything your friend says with a mine-load of salt.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:56 pm
I have to agree with everyone else. Like it was said, intuition is key. I hope you take care of yourself with her, that kind of negative ego is not healthy for those around her.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:48 am
-nods some-
Yes, yes. That is what I figured. Though thought it would be good to hear other opinions on the matter.
Thank you all much for that.
Any way to snap her out of this? Or should I just learn to carve the last 8 years of her life out of her head?  

Zalaznick Valkyrie

Decisive Smoker

GM Phish

6,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:11 am
Well, after most spells there is a 'grounding period', which is the process of bringing yourself down from a magical high. xD

Perhaps doing that could help. Here's what I would do:

In her less-dominant hand put a pine branch or chunk of Obsidian. Both of these are considered grounding reagents. Then sit her down, and ask her about her personal life. It would seem that this is possibly the result of family issues, an attempt to cover up something else that may by lying underneath.

Just what I would do, but only if the person is an occultist. Otherwise handing them a piece of obsidian would be just.... weird. xD

as for carving memories, the above is much easier. lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:45 am
Zalaznick Valkyrie
-nods some-
Yes, yes. That is what I figured. Though thought it would be good to hear other opinions on the matter.
Thank you all much for that.
Any way to snap her out of this? Or should I just learn to carve the last 8 years of her life out of her head?

i would recommend that she see a counselor or psychiatrist or whoever people go to when they have mental strangeness like that. Of course, she will probably not want to go, because it appears that to her this is all very real. This will be very difficult but it is, imo, of vital importance that she get professional help if she is to live as a normal person of pagan belief might live. The hardest part (after convincing her to see a counselor, of course), will be finding a counselor that is also pagan or at the very least understands what paganism is. Even if all she is is a compulsive liar, it's still enough that, again imo, she should seek a counselor to help her.  

mikeplusplus

Codebreaking Genius

6,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:53 am

You may want to try convincing your friend to go for professional help, and study with your other friend rather than this one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:53 pm
I am sure she will not go in for professional help but that is just my opinion. It is possible that she may grow out of it and learn for herself that she shouldn't be thinking or talking like she does. But until that happens, if it does, I say distance yourself and talk more with your other Pagan friend. The way she talks is not how most Pagans think. There are other places where you can learn more about Paganism. In the long run, I do truly believe it will be better for you to put some distance between you too. You can be there for her if she truly needs you but you don't need to be around her all the time.  

Underworld Priestess

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:43 pm
I would NOT reccomend or advocate "proffessional help" when by that what is meant is institutionalisation under normal circumstances. societal brainwashing will only make matters worse. avoid the brain-bleech, please!

instead, this girl needs to be taken aside and effectively magically locked down. I doubt there is much of anything to do to help her situation. she's too far gone. but she is still magicaly dangerous, and it is any other occultist's responsibility to make sure she doesn't cause s**t.

drugging her down should be a last-ditch efforts. unfortunately, it doesn't seem likely you know anyone who can guide her or teach her, and in she's better off non-active in the occul world than being involved while so mentally and socially unstable.

sad to say, take her to a shrink. iii-_- I hate that option, so much...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:19 am
... I know more than enough people who seem to think more out there than others... Honestly I think its a form of making themselves feel special. So I wouldn't worry too terribly much on her mental well being.

Be careful of what she tells you, especially if she's trying to get you involved in her situation. Sometimes its easiest to find your own path if you know what I'm saying.  

Leeches in my peaches

Distinct Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Zalaznick Valkyrie

Decisive Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:46 am
Leeches in my peaches
... I know more than enough people who seem to think more out there than others... Honestly I think its a form of making themselves feel special. So I wouldn't worry too terribly much on her mental well being.

Be careful of what she tells you, especially if she's trying to get you involved in her situation. Sometimes its easiest to find your own path if you know what I'm saying.

of course. Though she is a friend, so I tend to keep an eye on her.
I have my own path already, but I listen to her, and try to provide outside viewpoints, much as everybody is doing here. But it kind of backfires, and she'll run off to a ouija board to get answers. >.>;;  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff