Submit

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:15 am
Phess stretched out, popping her joints and extending her claws to leave little furrows in the earth. She nuzzled the groundling who had shared her den last night, bumping noses affectionately with the younger female. Mind you, most of the inhabitants were younger than her, nowadays. I mean, she wasn't...old. Middle-aged, sure. She wasn't young, that's for sure. Musing softly, she leapt from branch to branch. Despite her age, and her rounded belly, she was still as agile as she ever was. She probably wouldn't be any good in a fight anymore (not that she was before, really. She was faster and more agile than lions, but in terms of strength, she was vastly outnumbered.), but she was still agile. Huh, wow. She was thinking alot today. Mm. Stopping to rest, she stretched out again, absently gazing at one of the guards with a very purple coat, unusual.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:46 am
User Image

Lately, Laertes had taken to seeking refuge in the forest when he was off duty or after every training exercise. The large blue-eyed lion sighed as he made his way to the dense foliage, hoping to find a little bit of peace away from prying gossipers. Despite the rumors that there was something going on between Daizee and the guard – rumors that Laertes had vigorously denied on a great number of occasions – that night in the forest couldn’t be erased (not that he wanted really) and the purple lion was certain he was going to be the butt of jokes for a very long time. He should’ve remembered his mother’s advice. He could now fully confirm that actions did have consequences and that once was all it took. While he believed without a doubt that he wasn’t ready to be a father, there was no denying that Daizee was indeed getting a bit f… rounder. He was worried – very worried – but he couldn’t deny the excitement that had been growing in the past few days.

He looked around, feeling watched, a line of hair standing on end on his back as the lion searched for the source of the discomfort. It wasn’t long until he spotted the leopardess not too far away. A groundling?

“Hello.” He called out softly, slowly moving a little closer to the red-eyed feline.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:13 pm
Disturbed from her reverie by the subject she was watching, Pha'ess yawned loudly, rolling onto her back and observing him with half-lidded eyes. He had purple in his coat, and was near the forest.Even weirder....mind you, she hadn't seen him before, or that particular marking style. Maybe he was new or something. Mmrgh. That would make sense. She yawned once more before lazily waving a paw to the youngin.

"Mornin'. Afternoon. Mmm....what time is it?"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:53 am
“A little past noon. The sun is high in the sky.” Laertes said, somewhat amused by the leopardess’ sleepy mood. He sat down at a respectful distance and watched her carefully, quickly discovering the color of nobility on her inner ear. It wasn’t really an important detail in this particular case because a non-lions weren’t allowed to be part of the upper class but the Guard still found it rather interesting.

“Do you mind if I join you for a bit?” the blue-eyed lion said softly, more than a little happy to have found some company. She seemed at ease in his presence and not really as odd and mysterious as the Groundlings were supposed to be – at least that’s what he’d been told.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:17 pm
Pha'Ess chuckled, tail flicking lightly. Stretching out with a variety of disgusting bone-popping noises as her spine stretched out, she answered the lion's question with a poem of sorts. Perhaps more tied to the ground then many of the other groundlings, but she was still a groundling and prone to flights of fancy.

"I can no more control you then I can control the wind or rain, the end of summer or a sense of shame."

Flipping herself over from her back and to the ground in one movement, the leopardess prowled up to Laertes.

"All the same, I find myself wishing for some company that will listen to what I say rather than the sound of leaves in the wind. I am Pha'Ess."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:17 am
TanuKyle

Laertes felt a shiver run down his spine when he heard the popping sounds of the leopardess’ bones and then cocked his head curiously at the unexpected answer, grinning at the last part. Clearly she had a quick tongue and a good sense of humor. He resisted the urge to tense up and lean back when she moved closer with feline grace.

“I’m Laertes, a Guard. I usually work near the borders but sometimes I’m stationed here as well.” the blue-eyed lion gave his name in return, silently repeating hers in his mind. When he said it slowly, it was a name that flowed easily and ended like a snake-like hiss that made him wonder about the leopardess’ personality for some reason. He liked it, he decided after a few moments. “I wouldn’t mind some company either, I admit. Were you… born here? In the forest?”

(so sorry for the delay! I didn't get a notice so I completely missed this rp)  

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:40 pm
Mogami

Pha'Ess repeated his name too - unlike him her repetition was distinctly non-silent, a verbal rolling of his name around her muzzle. She almost looked like she was tasting the name bby how drawn out she was making it.

"Laaaae-rtes."

She cocked her head gently at the last question, then chuckled as a rhyme finally came to mind. She...was quite enjoying this conversation so far. Often she found the pride-dwellers stiff and uncommunicative, especially those with purple in their coats - but this lion was quite pleasant.

"I wish I could come up with a clever pun, but your name to rhyme is a difficult one. As such my answer will be very clear - Indeed many summers ago I was born here. A tiny cub, brown as the dirt, pushed through trials of joy and hurt. I've wandered this forests since you were a tot, and I can tell you that a joke it is not~"

Then she grinned.

"I do enjoy playing with words."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 am
Laertes gulped involuntarily when the leopardess said his name and was glad that his dark mane was able to conceal most of his neck. He liked to think he had more resistance towards interesting females but somehow the valiant Scout was having trouble keeping his eyes off the graceful feline.

“You must know every tree, clearing and stream in the forest then.” Laertes said with a playful grin, chuckling at the leopardess’ last words. “I, on the contrary, am a recent addition to the Suka’Fumo.” For some reason, he felt compelled to reveal his current “unavailable” status and, as if a sudden urge had taken over him, Laertes added quickly, looking somewhat abashed. “And yet, I already seem to have found a mate and we have cubs on the way.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:17 pm
Mogami

Phess pricked her ears up, a soft smile on her muzzle at somewhat of a contrast to her gently mocking words.

"You're having little monsters? Aha, well then young man, enjoy this quiet - it is the last you will have in a long while."

She flicked her tail absently, sitting down again.

"Who is the fair lady? I'll try to make sure not to flirt with her."

The sly grin suggested she was somewhat serious. Maybe.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:23 pm
Laertes chuckled, eyes narrowing with glee. While he loved Daizee, his sweet and innocent Daizee, the purple Guard had to admit that he’d always been drawn to a different kind of girl. Proud and snarky with a sharp tongue and flirty words, those were the one that usually got his blood running. Daizee had snuck up on him, a friend that grew so close that it made sense to build a life together – not that the family they were now building had actually been planned, mind you.

“I’m pretty excited about it.” Her last words made the Guard grin appreciatively and he gave the leopardess a quick wink. “Her name is Daizee. I should warn you though. I don’t like sharing.” How ironic such words would sound in the future.

“Have you… how did you put it… do you have little monsters of your own?”

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:27 am
Pha'ess pulled a comical face - muzzle wrinkled, eyes and nostrils shut and tongue flicked out, all to give an over-emphasised idea of disgust. Her face smoothed out as she began to talk again though, a smile flickering around her lips.

"Blech. I've watched people with cubs enough to know that they're not my thing."

She'd done enough rescuing of them, too, a long time ago, when those without purple coats were killed, that she knew how to look after them. How to quiet a squalling cub and make them smile, how to cuddle one close to your chest so that it nosed for food that wasn't there then fell asleep because of the pollen you'd combed into your fur beforehand.

...Her face grew pensive. There was something oddly appealing about the idea of snuggling cubs nowadays. She sighed slightly, almost to herself.

"I don't like men anyway."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:05 am
Laertes chuckled again when he saw the leopardess’ expression and her last words made him wonder if she’d been serious on one of her previous comments. The fairy folk was such a foreign and mysterious people as far as the Guard was concerned that he wouldn’t be surprised – well, too surprised – if a female who liked other females turned out to be a common occurrence in the forest.

“I’ll be sure to bring them here once they’re born. Who knows? Perhaps they’ll change your mind.” He stood up, wondering briefly if the leopardess had been implying she disliked male company in general. “If they’re anything like their mother, they will be irresistible.” The purple lion grinned playfully as he gave a slight bow of his head. “Until we meet again, miss Pha'Ess.”

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Phess's face softened as she spoke, a gentle smile curving her muzzle. She didn't want cubs (right? That fuzzy feeling was just..nostalgia for the days when she did things. Wasn't want.) but it was still cute (and maybe kind of wistful - but only for the mate!) how dedicated the guard was to his burgeoning family. He'd make a good father, she was sure.

"You no doubt have things to do, and perhaps I do too."

She paused, dropping the rhyming.

"It was nice to meet you, Laertes. See you again some time."

She left him to his guarding, setting off with a flick of her tail to deeper in the forest.

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games