Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[CLASS RP ] After the Adventure. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:24 pm
Obviously, Caelius was not here.

Instead, on every seat, lay a neat pile of papers, each attached with one staple in the upper left hand corner. It wrote "Deus Ex Machina Mission Evaluation Assessment". Fancy words for homework

The Assignment

- IN fifteen hundred words or less, please write in the focal points of this mission. Please include what you have learned, what you wish to still learn, as well as any contributions you made to the key points of this mission. This will be evaluated and reflected upon for future mission assignments.
- In addition, Dr. H would like to hear about your experience with his prototype Golem, please humour him in an attached piece of paper.

((OOC:

PLEASE RP YOUR CHARACTER handing in their homework whenever they are ready, with filled in answers. FOR EXAMPLE

** RP PORTION HERE**

Homework
All homework answers here
))  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:39 pm
Cass had a throbbing headache. She wasn't sure why. She hadn't had one while she was in the golem. Then again, Nicodemus had been chittering about in her head so much, she didn't seem surprised that one had shown up. Lodged itself in there. However, she'd waited on the other side for a couple of others to come offline from the golems.... it allowed her to check to make sure she'd 'done it right' on the pod she'd climbed into a couple of times before she was sure she was fine.

Then it was just that. Time to head off to the 'normal' meeting point. It seemed all roads led to that room. That room that was so familiar yet could be a pain in just how 'familiar' it had become.

Always that room. All roads led to that room.

However, as much as Cass had been expecting Caelius to be standing there with his box of rape when she entered, he wasn't there. Aria didn't seem to be there either (Thank god). All there was was a stack of papers. Cass snatched one up and looked at the front of it.

It was a ..

Homework. More work. Always work. She sort of just wanted to go back to her room and take a nap. Or watch a movie. Something funner than writing. However, it seemed that Aria was managing to instill some sort of 'fear' into Cass, as she read over the paper.

Twice.

Okay. Write stuff. She could do this. Picking up a pen, Cass took a seat, sat down, and began writing.

Homework

It seemed the biggest lesson I learned from this mission was that being too relaxed can make things go bad quickly. For example: Pissing off the natives you share a race with. From just the example of that, I feel learning the language of the ... 'things' may be important for information gathering. However, it also seems as though the creatures are unaware of our presence. They were eager to talk and they seem to let their guard down easily.

I question, based on their own life set-up from this... 'fish festival' if they spend much time spying on us. If so, perhaps it is better that we are hidden.

During the mission I prevented a fight from happening between one of our own and one of the enemy; I feel as though learning what the physical limitations of the golems are while not being at risk of death while in them is important for these situations. I want to be able to punch something in the face and not worry it's going to kill me.

I..uhh... also think we may need lessons on proper 'acting like the other sex' problem that seemed to crop up while we were out there. I made a very poor man and I'm sure we had some very poor women as well. However, it is also possible that this may not be necessary, as the enemy was stupid and didn't seem to question anything of the sort.

It seems in the right situations we can insert ourselves in without being detected.

Practice with the local lingo might be required by some individuals.

(Okay, this is me. sad I'm sorry I'm so bad at it. Maybe if I'd done the extra 10 Miss Aria asked me to do I'd be better at it).

Cass stared at what she'd written and sighed. It wasn't the most amazing report, but it did the job, as far as she was concerned. Either way, she soon looked to the stapled sheets and started writing again.

Cass on the Golem

It moved rather well and seemed passable visually by the enemy. I don't think anybody was suspicious of me outside of my own..faults. However, I'm not sure I was very comfortable being a man. I was also not sure how good it would be to hit people with. I had a Big Ol' Dragon jump over a table at myself and an ally and if I'd had been able to make face-contact with my fist to him, would this have hurt me?

I think they're rather nice, but next time I want to be a girl instead of a boy. sad

Either that, or I'd like a 'Species this golem is 101' manual to be attached to them for crash-course pick-up on stuff I should know about what I'm impersonating. I didn't run into any kin, but some other people did and it might have been helpful.

Cass flipped back between the two. She'd clearly never been in a proper school because her way of writing stuff out was very...crude and train-of-thought esque. She'd need to work on that.  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:22 pm
"Hey Cass." Bix gave his neighbor a smile and a wave and plopped down in a chair next to her since she was the only one here. He was still unwinding after their mission but the world of Halloween had intrigued him and since he wanted to be the best he could, he'd been milling everything over in his mind. He'd decided to spend his time reading up on all the species as best he could. He wanted to be an expert on SOMETHING and their culture seemed like the most interesting since he was only so-so at fighting.

He peeked at her paper a second and made a stupid face before snatching a paper and pen for himself. With his weapon feeding him information (her memory was FANTASTIC) he jotted down as much as he could remember. it wasn't a step by step account, but it was a good enough summary. He hoped they wouldn't be graded on format and instead on content.

Homework Assignment

I had a good time on the mission and I feel like I learned quite a bit. I definitely need to read up on and research some species more. Their cultures are interesting to me and obviously most have very specific traits that seem to be things that someone should recognize. Little nuances of species and subspecies seem to be popular conversation points amongst the youth there. I was surprised to find them mostly like normal teenagers but they definitely have skewed ideals. I found their food to be disgusting looking, I refused to try it. Their idea of games usually involved violence and the things called ‘minipets’, while sometimes cute, could be awful and terrifying.

I quickly won a fish, as requested, and decided to spend the rest of my visit talking to the students there. I learned about several of their teachers from some of the students. Most of the information I gained was directly in relation to the school. My weapon has helped me remember their names. I will list the various things I learned below as this is easiest for me.

-I met 3 reapers. Reapers look just like humans for the most part and are able to summon weapons out of nowhere. One of the reapers by the name of Seth has a magical book and is the brother of the Plant (gardening?) teacher.

-They are having Student Council elections soon. Many students are running for various positions. It’s just like regular high school. Perhaps these will be the leaders of the future? Or just like the normal world, do they mean nothing?

- Teachers: Professor Malcolm (Minipets), Red (Gym), Savage (Human-Ed).

-Their knowledge of humans may be a bit off. In human education class they learned about boats or something. Seemed strange.

-Strange fact: Someone mentioned that they had visited Christmas Town and ‘the island’. Christmas Town was filled with ‘ninja elves, monsters and fire’. Thought that all sounded crazy.

My golem was pretty easy to move around in. The voice thing not working was pretty inconvenient but I think I faked it pretty well. In the future it would be nice to be in a golem of my own sex but overall I didn’t have much problem. They seem to be able to take a measure of damage since I was shocked by an electric eel monster during a game. Knowing anything about what species our golem is might help as well.

For the most part I think I really need to study up on cultural things in relation to the denizens of Halloween world. This will help future encounters go smoother since I will have to ask less questions (and fake things less). The students are very helpful in giving out information and seem unaware and unsuspicious that anyone would be spying on them.

Bix was surprised there weren't more people here and also that there was no instructor. He kind of liked the lack of pressure and no one peering over his shoulder.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:17 am
Oh, joy. Homework. Madison sidled into a desk and gave the papers an irritated look. Kouki wasn't helping; the weapon had retreated into one corner of her awareness, muttering to itself in four-part harmony. She couldn't quite tell what it was saying - it sounded like hissing. Snake-talk, maybe. Whatever.

Shut up, she thought at it, annoyed, and picked up a pencil. Wait.... fifteen hundred words?! A distinct wave of b***h, please rose in her before she took in the crucial words 'or less'.

Fine. She could do 'or less'... but if she blew this off too much, she was betting she'd get in trouble. Ugh.

Homework
The mission was interesting, I guess - I learned that the monsters think they're people, sort of. They're not all crazy insane things all the time. They have emotions and languages and cultures and customs, and a whole lot of them even LOOKED human but with animal tails and horns and junk stuck on? A lot of the monsters talked about school and stuff, and they even have student council elections?! Like they're pretending to be human and copying human things but changing them around a little bit. Why bother??? Do they act really different when they're at 'home' or something? And why didn't they look like proper monsters? I didn't see anything (other than that thing in the lake) that looked completely like the monsters I've seen at home, or even in training here.

It was all stupid high school. Really, really weird. It wasn't anything like what I expected.

Nobody was really suspicious, either. I guess they didn't expect us to infiltrate a celebration? I guess it wasn't a very important celebration? They weren't even scary fish. Just kind of ugly and stupid-looking. I did get a fish though, and I picked up some other things too, so that was my contribution to the mission. I guess I came back with more questions than anything else, though? I can tell I have a lot to learn.

I didn't talk to a lot of the freaks. I was kind of playing stupid and dumb to go with my big dumb golem. My weapon helped me out some, which was nice. There was a dragon (??? he was like half-dragon, half-person, total dork) who was a total a** though. I guess they don't like gnomes or something, so maybe the golems shouldn't look like gnomes ever again.

My golem was okay I guess. It was kind of hard to move around things with skeleton hands but whatever, I didn't have to worry about my facial expression so I guess that was a fair trade or something.

... Yeah. Yeah, that'd work. So she hadn't done the best spying in the world at the time... it had still been weird and different. And really, looking at what she'd written, she realized she kind of did want some of those questions answered. Why were they trying to act like real people, anyway? Freaks.  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:02 pm
Well this homework was simple. A few things were a bit fuzzy to her and the whole night seemed to have melded into a crazy blur (was that what it was like when someone was on drugs?) but Candace managed to put together a small report on what she had managed to do. Reading it over she was rather disappointed in herself, however; she hadn't actually contributed anything, all she'd been doing was seducing a 'kelpie' boy and making him do her bidding.

Sigh.

She turned it in anyway, as well as the small feedback for Dr. H.

Homework
I hadn't even gone to any of the game booths before I had attracted the attention of a local 'Kelpie' boy. Apparently being one myself made him instantly attracted to me. He offered to take me where I could win pets, and after failing on my own he proceeded to win pet after pet after pet after pet all for me. I barely even had to do anything; I won over his love in a matter of minutes. Are all the locals like that? He also tried to introduce me to his friends; his friends consisted of a terrifying hentai tentacle monster that Atropos tells me is a Mindflayer, a red dragon and a weird patchwork hunchback of Notre Dame that the Mindflayer girl sent off for some reason or another. But then Robert ruined everything when he suddenly appeared and everyone tried to kill him. I tried to talk them out of it, as did the boy I was with, but it wasn't until Petra came along that they finally complied. I guess they hold a prejudice toward gnomes.

We eventually left, and separated for a little while. When I came back he had caught more 'Floresce' eggs. With barely any effort at all I was able to seduce one of their own students into giving me nineteen floresce eggs. Either these things are just...incredibly stupid, or he is the village idiot and needs to be taken out to pasture. I'd like to see a little more intelligence from that world; I was rather disappointed by them this time around.

I'd also like to see Robert go flying through the air again. That was fun to watch.

The second sheet was short, sweet and to the point.

For Dr. H
Aside from suddenly having hooves instead of feet and needing to get used to that new sense of balance the golems weren't bad. I wasn't a fan of being put into a male body though.

I missed being a woman. Teenage boys are...weird.

Yes. She'd missed having boobs and real feet. But more importantly she wanted to know if there was really any threat from that world. They seemed too stupid and immature to actually be dangerous.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:41 pm
Homework. Tika groaned. Man this was like high school all over again. Well okay, high school didn't have as cool as quote on quote field trips. Tika supposed that was something at least. But now she stared at her paper and tapped her pencil in high hopes that maybe something would just write it self out.

Finally something came to her.

Homework

The point of the mission was to obtain a special sort of creature fish native to the region and bring it back for further examination. We were also to mingle with the the towns folk and learn what we could in the short time we had in the golems. I'm not overly sure why it is these creatures celebrate such an ugly fish but I m sure there is some deeper information if I could figure it out about these creatures.

There seemed to be some sort of election going on to. At least thats what I gathered with all the vote for me stuff floating around. I only, briefly, visited a booth but only got a whole face full of a dancing... thing.

Over all I'm a little unsure what it is I really learned. I feel the only thing I did successful was obtain one of the fish creatures for Dr. H. Over all I think the people of halloween town are very strange. Of course in my yeti form they carried on merrily.

That brings me to the vessels them selves. Being a gigantic male yeti held up like it was supposed to but walking in such a large and strange body made it very hard. I wasted a lot of my time just training my self how to walk in it and missed valuable time mingling in the festival.

Its a solid form though. Ace.

Tika cracked her knuckles and got up to hand her paper in. She felt accomplished at least as she walked out that door.  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:42 am
The field trip felt like one giant cosplay festival to her, with the colorful booths and... "Costumed" characters she had seen. All in all, it wasn't a bad experience. However, Ariane was glad to be back in her own body, where the only thing that she could cut herself with were her fingernails - no odd neon green parts poking out of her skin, no sharp wings sprouting from her back, no bladed tail where her tail bone was supposed to end...

... Yup, it was back to her own world.

Cracking her fingers, she frowned before taking a seat at one of the desks, surprised that there were nobody about to supervise them; eh, then again, most of them were fully capable of being discipline and doing their assignment, even if homework reminded her of - ugh - high school.

"In fifteen hundred words or less, please write blah blah blah-" The rest of her sentence consisted of more 'blahs' as she finished reading what was required of them and started on her assignment.

Homework
I had imagined Halloween to be a much darker world - perhaps looking more like one of the worlds in a horror movie or game. However, maybe because we were sent there while a festival was going on, the place was a lot more... Bright and colorful than I had imagined.

We were tasked with bringing back the 'minipet' they were celebrating - the Floresce - to help with Dr. H's research. I learnt that there are a variety of minipets, and that they seem to be very popular among the locals...

However, some of these minipets must not be valued a lot - I took an egg, without asking, from one of the booths belonging to a student of a local school who was running for Treasurer, and he didn't do as much as bat an eyelid. On the other hand, I tried the same in another booth - this time for Floresce eggs - and the booth owners were much more responsive.

I feel that I have a better grasp of the local lingo now that I had the chance to use it, even if we were only there for a short amount of time. The fact that we were given the chance to interact with the locals also helped, even if I have trouble trying to figure out what some of the words they used eluded to - it would be nice to learn more words before the next trip there, in order to help us blend in better.

Ariane Brown

... Maybe she should have written her name at the top of the page instead. Ah well. Flipping to the other page stapled together with the first, she started on her evaluation on the Golems, even if she didn't have much to comment on.

Golem Evaluation
In regards to the prototype Golems, I must say that they were very well made - despite the fact that I had little control over my extra appendages, nobody stopped to question me because I looked like one of them. The body apparently felt real, and I had good control over it after I got used to walking in it. When the Golems were reaching their limit, control became more difficult and I felt like I was walking through water.

While it would be nice for them to come with matching voices to make them even more believable, I understand that the voice changer is already being taken care of.

Reading over her homework after she was done, Ariane then proceeded to hand it in, despite the lack of a supervisor; Kintama had been surprisingly quiet...

It was oddly worrying.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:39 pm
Waking back up in that cramped pod was both a blessing and a curse, Leon was overwhelmed with joy to be back in his body but the painful confines of this particular pod was getting to be unbearable. After feeling around, just to make sure he didn't have any extraordinarily long fangs in his mouth and wasn't lighting up like a disco ball for the undead, the boxer finally relaxed and came out of the pod to give his well rested body the proper stretch it deserved.

The life hunter made his way over to one of the unoccupied desks and said hello to everyone who was in the room already, glad to see they didn't have any odd appendages from their golems too. he didn't expect the paper to be a welcome back sign, but homework?

No matter where he went; human world, Deus ex Machina or even the land of Halloween, it seemed like school was impossible to escape from.

Leon just sighed as he called Nid from the depths of his mind, if he had to sit here and write, Nid was going to join in and help as they both got to work on the assignment.

Homework
The mission itself seemed like an overall success, considering this was the first time we had to infiltrate enemy grounds and didn’t cause the whole place to be put on orange alert. The main objective seemed to be scouting/ intelligence and recovery, just to better acquaint ourselves with our enemy within a live dangerous exercise. What I have assessed from the mission follows:

That school’s student body did not seem to be alarmed by our sudden appearance and our lack of complete control over our borrowed forms and lack of general understanding of that area’s history.

They seemed to have been preparing for a student body election of sorts, which stands to reason that they have a general understanding of a political system and a form of government and have the capacity to organize in an efficient manner.

After asking about a few general topics, a few of the residents were able to prove in a small scale test that they have the ability to be logical and very social, akin to that of the average high school student.

Their physical prowess has yet to be measured but they have informed me of the extensive programs and regimen they endure to keep in the peak of physical condition. Access to an open gym and training facility for use of strength, stamina and their inhuman abilities known as FEAR. This requires further investigation in order to assess any weak points in their training that can be exploited.

The topic of the recovery mission, these creatures known as “Floresce”, leaves much to be investigated. They are a type of pet to these individuals, and there are many other varieties. I managed to acquire one for the research squadron, a kind of flying pig like thing. This discovery had led to more questions that need to be solved.

Were these creatures domesticated? Are they used as livestock for family and/or military consumption? Are they used in the Militia and do they have peculiar abilities as well? Can these little creatures be used against the Halloween community?

In the future, I would like to request future Reconnaissance missions, preferably with a member of the life hunter branch in the operation for on site assessment in the squadron. If we should assess their physical capabilities, I would like to work closely with Dr H to prepare and condition the squads given my background with physical training.

Leon looked it over with a pleased expression over how well Nid managed to make his observations more elegant on paper, one of the dragon boil's more appreciated talents, all he knew was how to punch after all.

Golem Evaluation
The Prototype Golems did manage to fool the Halloween residents, despite the occasional hiccup we all suffered from, some had gender issues and some, like me had to get used to their physical build, be it small or tall. I never once witness anyone scrutinizing my odd manner of movement but it became easier after prolonged exposure to the golem.

The only problem was mimicking the speech pattern that some golem forms would require but seeing as how that is in the works, I can’t think of any other complications.

After handing in his assignment, if felt nice to just get that out of the way and to go reflect on the mission in the peace and quiet of his dorm. Nid was complaining about his lack of food, even if it was Leon's own mouth that was eating it.  

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:17 pm
The first thing Robert did when he woke up from the pod was grab his nuts.

Then a holler and a whoop was heard from within, before they had even opened the pod to let him out.

Of course, his joy of being the big man on campus again was short-lived, as they were quickly assigned homework. HOMEWORK.

"Thought we were gonna be some badass assassins." He groaned under his breath as he flattened out a crumpled sheet of paper and went through three pencils before he finally managed to hold one without breaking it. "Thought we were gonna be ********' agents. Or somethin'. BUT NO. THEY GIVE US HOMEWORK."

This was worse than being a gnome.

He took that back. Nothing was worse than being a gnome.

homework sucks

So this was our first mission. And it sucked. So now I got to write all about what happened for you guys cos for sum reason you couldnt go on your own and see for yourself. I dont know man, whatever, so here you go.

First things first, I learned that you shouldnt have gnome golems, ok? Im serious, whoevers in charge and reading this, come on. I got punted and thrown and beaten and hit and punched and set on fire and drowned and dunked and punted some more. These monsters DONT LIKE GNOMES OK? Stop sending gnome golems in. Im serious, if you want us to learn s**t, dont put us in bodies that cant even look over tables. Ok so thats the first thing I learned. Ok. The second thing I learned is that like there are these pets all over the place, and I guess you guys are interested in those, cos you had us all collecting them or w/e? Thats cool, I dont care, just dont put us in ******** gnomes anymore IM SERIOUS.

Anyway, so it was like, a bunch of kids in costume. Thats what it felt like over there, like everybody looked really stupid and ugly and weird but nobody ACTED scary, so it just felt like a bunch of kids on halloween. I guess thats cause theyre young and you said something like they are just training to be monsters, so it makes sense. None of them tried to scare me or kill me or anything, so theyre all ******** failing haha. Anyway so thats pretty much all I learned.

I want to see them grow up. Thats what I want to learn, the second question youre asking here, I want to learn what turns these kids into monsters. So I kinda wanna see what they go through. Like, are they being taught that humans are horrible and deserve to be scared? Haha I bet theyre being brainwashed. Do they have brainwashing classes? I would want to go to one and see if they show like a documentary reel like the old ones that were black and white all talking about the nazis but instead its all about humans. I would try not to laugh I promise.

Okay thats all I learned and want to learn.

He re-read the assignment, which was written in his usual terrible and hard to read scrawl, devoid of most punctuation and grammar. Then, he groaned as he realized they were asking for a SEPARATE evaluation of the golems. He'd already made his stance clear! He growled, and took another sheet of paper, ripping it in half and gripping his pencil as he wrote in giant, ugly letters.

Golem Evaluation
DONT USE GNOMES

He was done.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:46 pm
Jerry sauntered into the room, humming merrily under his breath as he plopped into his chair and examined the blank paper. He was alright with homework. He had spent the vast majority of his life doing it and writing papers and thesises and after that GRADING papers and homeworks and the like as a student teacher and then finally moved into the territory where he could assign it, but generally chose not to, considering it was music class and anything beyond "practice your scales" would have resulted in something horrible being planted in his desk drawer.

Even so, he wasn't that upset by the assignment. He was mostly relieved to be "home" again, and in his own body.

He tapped the pencil against his nose, gazing thoughtfully at the ceiling before beginning to scribble, still humming under his breath as he did so:

Homework
My first journey into this World of Halloween was very interesting, to say the least. They seemed to be having elections to vote the most terrifying among them, I can only assume, as there was a rather horrible tentacled lady with a hunchbacked servant and a Scissor Monster who gave me a stuffed animal to try to stop my screaming calm me down. I have turned in said stuffed animal to our chaperoning superior that bears her likeness.

The best part of the trip was definitely their Karaoke machine. I believe it would greatly benefit the Deux Ex establishment for us to have a Karaoke machine for many reasons. Quoting some of the texts I have read, "Music therapy is an allied health profession and one of the expressive therapies, consisting of an interpersonal process in which a trained music therapist uses music and all of its facets—physical, emotional, mental, social, aesthetic, and spiritual—to help clients to improve or maintain their health. "

After the horrors I was faced with, I felt once standing on that foreign stage that I was on top of the world once again and nothing could scare me. If we are to fight this "Fear" we need to combat it with Joy and Good Will, keeping our spirits raised and hardened through this practice would greatly increase everyone's chances at keeping morals high and unafraid of what is to come. Soldiers for centuries have sung marching tunes, as have prisoners and slaves all to keep their hopes up for better things to come.

I think that by Deux Ex investing in a Karaoke machine, it would do wonders in the darker days I assume are inevitably ahead.

He sighed, nodding at what he had written. Perfect. Ah yes, then there was the golems. His face flushed as he quickly scribbled out on the next page:

On Golems
The Golem bodies were very realistic, no one seemed to question any of us and it felt as though it really was my body. It was very odd having a tail, etc. I do wish, though, that it had matched my gender, or at least masked my voice. I think I could have pulled it off a lot easier as a small cat mummy girl if I hadn't had my own voice. I would prefer to have a male next time if that is all possible, thank you.

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Frigoris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:55 pm
Ennéa read the assignment and then flipped over the paper to check to see if there was anything written on the back. There wasn't anything so she flipped it back over, all the while absently drumming her pencil against the desk. This was just like every other field trip Ennéa had ever gone on; you go out and then come back and write about your experience and what you've learned. Apparently sneaking into a festival of monsters didn't change that. You can never escape school work.

She sighed the sigh of the oppressed and then started writing.

Homework
Monsters in their native habitat are a lot like humans, except with extra fangs and horns and wings and stuff. It was kind of weird, but kind of interesting, but mostly just weird. It felt like it was some sort of bizarro world where things are just slightly different from the real world. I guess I should be thankful that it didn't start raining jelly donuts.

The monsters have a lot of the same things we do, like crane games and karaoke machines though oftentimes with a sort of horror movie twist, to try and make them more frightening. I didn't think they were very scary though. In fact, the whole festival wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, once you got used to all the monsters and ghosts walking around and talking to you.

In addition to observing the monsters, we were told to get Floresce fish. The whole festival was about fish actually, kind of like how some festivals back here can be about garlic or asparagus. I think a festival about ice cream would be the best though. My favorite flavor is butterscotch ripple. Floresce fish are interesting because they have two very different looking forms: one is pretty and the other is ugly and they hardly look anything alike even though it's the same fish species.

I also picked up a protection charm from a treasure chest I found that was full of them. I'm not sure what the charm protects against but it could come in handy, I think. I hope it is useful.

In conclusion, I learned a lot of things at the festival. The monster world is a lot like ours though different and I'm not good at the crane game or the balloon busting game. I would like to learn more about the monster world and am looking forward to our next field trip. Thank you! smile

Ennéa yawned an leaned back in her chair. Now that the excitement of the festival was wearing off she was getting a little sleepy. It had been night in the other world and she had no idea what time it was over here right now. The classroom had no windows.

She yawned hugely once again and began doodling on the margins of her paper. How much longer is class going to be? she wondered. She drew several bats and tried drawing that one tentacle haired girl she saw but it looked more like an octopus so she gave up and drew Robert's gnome form instead. That was easy since it was just a squiggly blob with arms and legs and a pointy hat. Ennéa giggled.

Thoughts about golems and their forms tickled in the back of her mind. Oh wait. They were supposed to comment on that too, weren't they? She flipped to the next page and scribbled in her comments.

Golem Evaluation
The golems were very realistic and they tricked all the monsters at the festival, but it wasn't fun being a zombie. Zombies are gross. And mine was missing a hand which made it hard to play some of the booth games and get fish. I would recommend not having gnome golems either as a lot of the monsters don't like gnomes and tried to use Robert as a football.

There. Ennéa flopped through the papers to make sure she didn't miss anything else. She tended to be absent-minded like that, much to the frustration of her old teachers back home. There didn't seem to be any other instructions though. Ennéa nodded to herself in satisfaction and resumed her doodling. Maybe she could draw both types of Florese fish as a visual example. The ugly form couldn't be harder to draw than Robert's gnome.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:42 pm
Homework. Normally, Jeremy hated that word. But as it were he needed to be a twelve year old girl and write out his feelings on the place. What? The teenage girls had it right, if you need to b***h, do it via public forum. So 'public foum' was apparently a homework assignment. Same thing. The blonde sat down, chewing on the strings to his hoody, and he looked over the assignment, to make sure he knew what he was writing about before he started to rant and run the risk of actually becoming a twelve year old girl with whiny letter writing.

He scribbled, he scratched things out, he rewrote it, and eventually he was happy enough to hand it in.

Jeremy's Homework
I'm surprised how human they act, with the festivals and the booths and the student council and whatnot. I didn't learn an awful lot about the place, other than one of the students (I think it was an actual Sloth Demon, but it's name was...Bartholomew Mud? or something equally stupid) really doesn't suggest ever enrolling in the Academy. Whatever Academy that is.

There were a couple of uh, interesting folk. A pushy girl with bear ears tried to get me to eat some really foul smelling food, some girl in a pink japanese dress flipped a table and had a...kind of indescribable method of communicating, a hunchback who gave me an exploding fish... I'm not sure if that was common place in that world, but I know I sure did not appreciate being covered in fish guts.

On top of that, I noticed the Hunchback (Chris...something? Quasimodo.) had a knife lodged in his brain and he kept on walking. I remember from the original training it does take a lot to bring them down, but to be there when the knife was embedded to watching him stumble around like nothing happened was...unnerving. I suppose that means the ones that look like Frankenstein's Monster need a lot more attack power to bring them down. I do wish I had seen another creature get a knife in their head, just to be sure.

I learned they're disgusting, terrible abominations, I want to learn how to end them. I have a better understanding why this facility was founded, now that I've actually been among them. They should not exist.

I hate that place.

- Jeremy White

And, as requested, a second, much smaller note was written to Dr. H.

For Dr. H
The golem was easy to manuver in, I did approve of having a Sloth Demon! It was easier to slow down and take a look at everything that needed looking at because hey, it was in character. The only downside is that if you move too fast you can blow your cover, but outside of that, I enjoyed them.

Might also be nice to have some sort of warning and briefing as to what golem we could be getting, so we're prepared and know how to act.

Also, please fix the speech thing. It was annoying trying to sound like a woman.

+1 to the boobs anatomy. Very realistic.

Enoh Love

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:20 pm
Jude wasn't sure what to put down for the homework if anything. He didn't think he experienced as much as his fellow Hunters had but he supposed perhaps that was his own fault for separating himself and trying to go it alone but he was too rash to really wait to see if anyone wanted to work along side him or not but he muddled through it somehow. He picked up his pencil and began to scribble down whatever came to mind.

Homework
It wasn't as life threatening as I thought it would be when I first went in. I was expecting all out brawls or something or mindless monsters like we fought before. I guess assuming things like that could be dangerous in our line of work but still I was expecting something more violent and carnal. They seem oddly civilized and even one shared some seeds with me to help me with some games and stuff. I found it weird that she was so friendly even hung on me a bit - is that a bad thing? I am sure she was just trying to figure out a way to best eat me alive...

Other than that I didn't really run into many issues while trying to get samples. I think I saw a couple of my fellow hunters in passing and I think they greeted me. Is it a good idea to greet them back when under cover? I assumed not unless we had some sort of premade arrangement for it...

The one that shared her seeds with me had a weird hole in her neck and she didn't seem to talk using her mouth which is kind of weird. The hole had all sorts of smoke and stuff coming out of her neck hole and her laugh was unnerving, but whatever. She seemed to have lost interest in me at some point and I found myself free to go back sooner than expected.

No one seemed to catch on that I wasn't really who I seemed to be and I don't know if that was because I did a good job or they were just really, really dense.

I learned that a lot of them are really gullible and it probably can be used against them in future missions if this is true of all of them. It almost feels like taking advantage of an infant but their loss is our gain in the end. I wish to learn more about these people so I can find other weak points and advantages and to see if all of them are this generous to a fault or if some have some actual reservations against helping others.

My...weapon? Partner? Thing? Was mostly quiet through out I think she was enjoying the sight of me trying to fumble through it all.

He shifted the sheets of paper around and then moved to fill in the next portion.

Golem
The Golem worked fine but I think I should have spent a lot more time testing movement and things. A lot of stuff I did was involuntary and I am not sure that is a good thing especially where tails and moving ears are concerned. The inability to feel when I am doing such things is a bit unnerving.

Other than being thrown into a body of a race of being I do not know anything about customs or otherwise I was okay. Not confident but okay.

Jude took a few seconds to look everything over before he stood up and handed everything in hoping it all made sense. Yom softly yawned as she murmured, 'Too long did not care.'  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:48 pm
Homework. Apparently, even after being recruited to fight the forces of darkness with supernatural powers, homework was inescapable. Jordan supposed that that was life for you.

Homework
The bulk of the crowd attending the festival seemed to be young monsters, as far as I could judge. From what I overheard and saw, they are mostly students at an institute or academy, possibly similar to high school or college, in human terms. I don't have enough data to speculate on what they might be learning there. I did observe that there is some form of student government permitted; many of the booths were maintained by creatures who were campaigning for Student Council.

The monsters among whom we walked treat one another as people and interact as people. Aside from the morbid atmosphere and black humor apparently native to the environment, the scene strongly resembled fairs like those I've visited in the human world. However, the creatures seem unconcerned about casual violence and a degree of injury. I observed a few instances in which creatures were hurt, but they simply shrugged it off and went about their business, for the most part. Eccentric behavior is also apparently not unusual. Instances in which trainees were unfamiliar with customs or language were easily passed off as simple ignorance or personal eccentricity.

There is a very wide range of creature types among these things. Some subtypes looked familiar to me, others were completely strange. The variance among the golems we wore likely helped us in blending in. Widely differing creature types intermingled without apparent friction. What conflicts I did see appeared to be based on personality rather than type.

The small monsters called minipets have an even wider variance, and appear to be ubiquitous. Many creatures carried minipets around, and the festival itself was centered around minipets. However, they seem to have more uses than as personal companions. More than once I overheard creatures talking about eating minipets, and Ferros agrees that this is normal.

In interacting with the monsters, there is a degree of psychological risk. They speak and act towards one another as people. In this first encounter, the novelty and fear associated with the things' appearances helped to remind us of their underlying nature, but I suspect we will have to watch ourselves for complacency or even sympathy as we grow more accustomed to horrors. We will need to remember that these things are not people, but predators.

Still, walking disguised among them and gathering as much information as possible will help us to discover potential weaknesses that we can exploit. While the festival environment made it relatively easy to blend in with the crowd, I suspect that more prolonged contact will require extensive study and practice in acting to avoid too much suspicious behavior. Eccentricity and ignorance can only explain so much.

This mission, like the psychological evaluation, also served to underscore our relative weakness and ignorance. As a group, I feel that we will need more training and experience to be effective Hunters. I hope that I'm not the only one who has taken away this impression.

Jordan eyed the length of the paper and reminded himself that the assignment specified 1500 words or less. He didn't need to pad his observations and opinions with extra paragraphs for the sake of length.

You're good at writing academic crap, Ferros observed.

What's that supposed to mean?

Just pointing out that it sounds like a school paper.

"I'm not sure whether I should take that as a compliment or an insult," Jordan grumbled under his breath. He flipped to the second page.

Golem Summary
While I was able to control the golem fairly easily, there were points which gave me difficulties. The golem I used had its head detached from its body, which forced me to pay extra attention to keeping the head in my possession and able to see and hear. It was also female, and I am male. My voice didn't match my apparent sex. This could pose a problem.

Ferros snickered. Jordan rolled his eyes and flipped the mission report back over the golem report, and added his homework to the growing pile. "There's got to be some other way to write these papers," he muttered. Even a typewriter would be better than hand-writing it.  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:50 pm
Why was it that their fearless leader was never around?

Gale slumped into the room feeling exhausted and slouched towards Bix, flopping down into the seat beside him. Then he promptly put his feet up onto the table and dragged the papers towards him, eyes narrowing slightly as he scrutinized them, gave a sigh, and resigned himself to doing the very last thing he had wanted to do.

Homework.

homework, yo
It was not what I expected it to be.

Amityville High School was...well, a school. Surprisingly similar to a regular school (except for the whole "we have demons and monsters and other such creatures here" thing), it was holding some sort of festival thing. Very bright, very chatter-filled, lots of people milling about. And there were booths set up, not just for festival games, but for what looked to be student council representatives (strange that someone with a furry tail could be called "Treasurer" or "President...").

We were assigned the task of collecting the very thing the festival was celebrating:

Fish.

That's right - wriggling, slimy, wet, sushi-smelling fish. Apparently Doctor H or someone needs them for experimentation or something like that. I managed to snag two of them, along with something small and fluffy...not sure what exactly that was, but I gave it to Aria anyway, just in case.

There are hundreds of different types of creatures attending Amityville; Ive never seen so many bizarre human-ish people. Everything from black horned demons, to pale skinned ghosts, to weird tentacled things and winged things and things with hooves and tails and...well, let's just say it was certainly an eye opener.

I think next time I should study up on the culture a bit more so that I can blend in more easily. I had difficulties with remembering to keep my voice unlike my own, but other than that it wasn't that bad.

golem stuff
Let's just say suddenly having a girl's body is definitely weird.

Despite that, it was...well, surreal is a good word for it. The golems felt very much alive, very much real, despite the fact that it's not. I didn't have a problem moving around in it, but the whole thing about my voice still sounding like a guy's...that was a little awkward.

Overall, though I'd say it was pretty damn cool, if not really weird simultaneously.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff