Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
(JRP) Ancientheart & Snowfall: Welcome to the Pack.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:35 am
Members Involved:
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:13 am
It had been sometime where Wyn’tr had gone off alone without her mother, father, or siblings. Though it was scary go off on one’s own, it was also gratifying to be independent without having to depend upon her parents for everything. The longer she traveled the more she noticed the weather changes; it was getting colder by the minute. Her winter coat was full in its glory goodness, and she was thankful for that. On her journey she ran into multiple animals that attacked her first, so of course she defended herself. What she didn’t eat she used for coverings to protect her from the snow that had started falling the closer she got to broader line of Rogue Lands and I believe they called it Peke’Na. Mother also did say I had a knack for collecting furs from other animals.

Ancientheart looked at her pups with worry as the winter weather came sooner then they all expected. She cuddled closer when she noticed one of her pups shiver from a stray winter breeze that made its way from the entry. Frowning she thought about the lack of tanners the pack had, at least to her it seemed like there weren’t many about. A sneeze stole from her muzzle as she also felt the winter chill in the air. Blinking her eyes alertly in order to stay awake and keep an eye on her year old pups she thought of the responsibilities she had to get done today depending if she could get out in this weather.

The weather was getting too bad, Wyn’tr was struggling to keep moving forward. The wind had picked up to the point where visibility had become an issue as well as the chill had reached a point that the furs on top of her own fur were soaked. A whine escaped her as her muddled thoughts were causing her to lose focus. She shouldn’t have gone this far out to explore, she should have taken it slow at first. She wouldn’t be in this mess she was currently in if she had listened to her father’s wise words. Her paws were numb now as she stumbled along what appeared to be high rocks covered with mounds of snow. Wyn’tr took one giant breath as she fell for the last time, and howled with all her might in hopes of her distressed call would be heard.

Isabis found her eyelids sliding, not only was she exhausted from den digging earlier but a new mother with pups that yipped most of the night. Speaking of which a miracle was occurring the pups were blessedly silent whether it was from the weather or tiredness she didn’t know. Yawning quietly she wiggled around to get more comfortable. Her ears twitched as she caught the faint sounds of her neighbours a few tunnels down. Suddenly she jerked awake realizing she had fallen asleep, but what had awakened her? She peered around to find all three pups cuddled to her belly for comfort and warmth. Her ears jerked again before sticking straight up, though she wasn’t a hunter she had good enough senses to pick up a distress call. Standing Isabis gave word for a pupsitter, one she trusted, to watch her pups while she went to see what was going on.

In. Out. In. Out. Her vision, breath, and mind were on a mantra. She vaguely heard a female voice howling or talking Wyn’tr couldn’t tell the difference. Suddenly, her body felt weightless and hissed voice softly from a distance, or so it sounded, told the one holding her to be careful. Then there was nothing but blackness and silence.

Ancientheart was just about to venture out on her own when a male authoritative voice called out to her, the alpha. She turned her head and lowered her head in submission before speaking. “Another is in trouble Alpha I was just about to go see what the situation was above before coming to get you.” He barked orders to the male beside him before turning back to Ancientheart aka Isabis asking for her assistants. “Yes of course.” Came her quick reply as she had begun to follow the hunting party to the above ground to venture out in the winter weather. The air stole her breath as soon as she reached the top and she felt her body shake even with her fur. They had been searching for some time before a noise above the strong winds broke through, a weak howl and grumble was heard off to the left of the group. Upon reaching their destination the paused to take in the sight before them, a black wild dog lay almost buried in the snow. Quick orders were given to dig the male or female out and thus the rescuing had begun.

Sounds and different smells brought her back to consciousness. The warmth was welcoming and she felt like nestling back down to the heat raiding from the softness around her body. But she knew that she had to find out where she was taken and who had taken her out of the storm. Blurry eyesight made everything distorted for a moment before finally clearing. The first thing she noticed was the warmth came from furs thrown on top and around her. The next thing she noticed was her furs were off to the side to dry near a fire. And the last thing she noticed was another female dog sitting and watching her intently. “Hello,” Wyn’tr croaked out before clearing her dry throat. “ Where do I find myself?”

‘Poor dear,’ Isabis thought. ‘She looks half frozen and addled. So vulnerable out by herself, where is her pack? Family?’ Settling a bit she listened to the other speak while keeping an ear on her sleeping children. “You find yourself on PekeNa Lands. I welcome you Snowfall.” She smiled as she took in the confused expression. “We found you when the snow was falling so that is what I name you. I am called Ancientheart for my love of history and all things old. It is also my wolf name. Are you without a home?”

‘Wolf name? Huh,’ Wyn’tr thought. ‘That was an easy acceptance into a pack… and Fallensnow has a nice ring to it too.’ Blinking tiredly she stared for a moment before a soft smile crossed her dark face. “Thank you Ancientheart for the welcome. I am called Wyn’tr by my family and I have traveled from the rogue lands to here to... Pekena?” She paused to make sure she said the name correctly and when she received a nod she continued on. “ I just recently left home for a journey to make my own in this world. ” She yawned as soon as she finished her sentence; the warm of the other females home was comforting. “I am searching for a home as I just left my mother and father back in the rogue lands. Do you think I would be welcomed here?”

Ancientheart took in how exhausted Wyn'tr was and she didn't blame her, being stuck in that horrible weather. "Don't worry so much Snowfall. We will go to the elders for final say but I welcome you to my home in the mean time." Ancientheart found herself yawning as well when she saw Snowfall yawn, so catchy that simple act. "For now we will rest. All will be well in the morning. I look forward to seeing what you make of yourself here in these lands. You're parents will be proud."

END.  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas