ShiinaNinja

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:42 am
User Image

Introduction
You decide to leave the crowded ballroom to find a quiet place to think and adjust your outfit. On your way to the bathroom you walk past the theater and you glance in. Curiousity gets the better of you and you quietly walk inside. You walk down the long aisle in between rows of theatre seats and you reach the stage. On the stage are props and scripts. You fiddle with the nearest script glancing through the pages when the story stops halfway through. Annoyed, because you enjoyed the story, you sit and think for a moment. No one is around and there is a pen on the floor, that has been presumably dropped by accident. You reopen the script on a blank page and start writing your own story....

You are to write a story with
a maximum number of words: 1000
a minimum number of words: 100
To submit your story you must start your post
[color=teal]I long to spread my creativity[/color]

You can hold small conversations here but the ball is still going on back at the main thread room
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:46 am
User Image

1. You work must be 1000 words or less
2. It must have something to do the theme of love or envy
3. If you are going to include anyone else in your story you must have their permission
4. You are only allowed to submit one piece of work so make sure you are happy with it
5. Any stories that do not follow the rules will be ignored and you will be listed below

---Black List---

User Image

ShiinaNinja

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

ShiinaNinja

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:49 am
User Image

Prizes
1st place:Thank You Letter for June 2009 + 75k
2nd place biggrin ouble Rainbow + 50k
3rd place:Spring Nymph
Top five runners up:

Winners
1st-Carasu-hana
2nd-Zrofyre
3rd-xX_iJizzed_Xx
Top 5 runners up (in no particular order):
1.A Girolama Amati Virus
2.BlooChuCutie
3.Tracoyana
4.Yuunai
5.Aiwen
(Aiwen, I cannot give you your prize until you have a trading pass.)

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:18 pm
So, is this open to anyone, even if they aren't in the ballroom?

Can it be with characters made up on the spot?

Can it include both love and envy?

Am I allowed to ask these questions here?

Kitty_is_Female

ShiinaNinja

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:28 pm
Kitty_is_Female
So, is this open to anyone, even if they aren't in the ballroom?

Can it be with characters made up on the spot?

Can it include both love and envy?

Am I allowed to ask these questions here?

First you are allowed to ask me questions here
Second it is open to anyone but I do recommend going into the ball to get an idea of the characters if you are going to use them
Third yes the characters can be made up but you must have at least one NPC from the ball
Fourth yes it can include love and envy because it is all one catergory not two
Hope this helps  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:40 pm
I long to spread my creativity

N-no...... It can't be.... she thought to herself. This ball, my special invitation, our alone time.....his smile. All lies. A tear made its way down her cheek as her body fell limp against the wall behind. Her one true love, a childhood friend. Who would have thought her happy ending would end in tragedy. Wiping the water stains from her soft pale skin she made way out of the room. Her eyes, now bloodshot, had witnessed far too much for her heart. An affair in the dark depths of her own bed.

Walking a path of betrayal her legs had a burning passion to continue walking. "Madam?" came a voice from not far off. And she was so close from leaving this horrid place. "May I ask, Where your destination may be? The Ball has only just begun." Silence hung around her like a the humid air after a summer rain. A sigh from her mouth came before speaking. "I wish to return home, be it by foot or by carriage." she spoke softly. A hand fell upon her shoulder. "Madam, may I ask something else?" He paused for a response, only to receive nothing. "Why are you crying?" Shock had shown itself on her face along with a feint blush. How could he know she had been crying, he hadn't even seen her face.

Casting her gaze on his hand, she thought of who this man could be and why he cared so much for a stranger. "Who are you?" Her voice a bit shaky. His arms wrapped around her waist and his chin rest on her shoulder. "I am the one who has been watching. My care for you has grown widely and I only wish to give you happiness.... It has seemed as though you have discovered my brother's foul mistreatment of you. I do apologize for your suffering." More tears began to flow down to her chin dripping onto the concrete path. "I love you." He whispered into her ear. Trembling in his arms she spun around embracing his warmth to the fullest. "I love you too... Who would've known you were my true love..." He smiled as she clutched him tight. "I did."

The young butler dressed in white swung her legs up carrying her as every loved woman should be. The tears had once again stained her cheeks, her eyes filled with the color red. Looking around he had found a very familiar path. "I have a surprise for you." He said smiling down at her. Leaving no time to waste, his legs moved with quick speed along a brick walkway. The path, however, soon came to an end. "Are you ready?"

Her eyes watched him, filled to the brim with curiosity. She nodded and at the point he had decided to place her back on the ground. "Come on, lets go!" he almost shouted. Taking her hand in hers he pulled her along a dirt road hidden under the canopy of numerous trees. Specs of light shown through the leaves and as they approached the halfway point she clutched to his hand tighter. Looking back, without the intent to stop he looked into her eyes. "Trust me" His voice was soft and full of warmth and right along with his voice his embrace. Letting go he took her hand again as they neared an opening.

Light filled her eyes and she entered the illuminated area of an open field. A light breeze brushed against her body as she watched petals dance around her. Letting go of his hand she stepped forward amazed at the sight. Flowers of all colors and sizes enveloped ever inch of land, as if it was a rainbow sea. In the center of that sea was a cherry blossom tree, in full bloom. "T-this is amazing..." "Thank you. It's my special spot...." His smile faded a bit. "Whenever I'd feel troubled or if you would come over to visit with my brother, I'd come her and think." Her smile faded as well as she started to feel guilty. "I promised that one day I'd show this to the woman I'd fallen in love with." He took her hand and kissed it lightly. "Thank you for allowing me to keep that."

Her heart had been through so much today. False love, betrayal, and now a new love. It was all so much to bear against her fragile self. Reaching out her arms she brought him close to her. "Please do not thank me." she said, "However, accept my apology, for not seeing how much you really cared." Her eyes had drifted downward as she pressed her face into his chest. He lift her chin up to meet his eyes to hers. "Tell me you love me and all shall be forgiven." In all truth her lips spoke with passion. "I do... I do love you..." His lips pressed against hers and at that moment a gust of wind had blown by. Pink petals danced around them as if in a fairy tale moment and as in every fairy tale they sat under the cherry blossom tree, watching the sunset, until the fade to black.

EDIT: Ok so putting all these names in seemed like it took away from my story but its obvious who the characters are if you read it.  

Nyan Cat 10 Hours

Shirtless Humorist

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Nyan Cat 10 Hours

Shirtless Humorist

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:42 pm
Oh dear sweatdrop I didn't know it needed an npc hold on a moment i need to edit my post and talk to some people!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:17 pm
(A dark story based off of an imagined love and obsessive envy~ I hope you like it!)

I long to spread my creativity

The crack of the match broke through the silence of night as Reine lit the candle. It had been so long since she had seen his face, felt his touch. As the flame quivered, she turned to the window and reflected on how she had first met him: it was a brilliant winter day, and he had offered her a flower from the bouquet in his hand. The large clump of roses was for his wife, but that one blossom had spoken the words that he didn’t. He loved her – it was so obvious – and she loved him. They hardly met, and hardly spoke, but it was love. They were as Romeo and Juliet were, both longing for something larger than life. They could obtain it; that is, if it wasn’t for his wife.
A frown shone softly in the window. That woman was keeping him away from her, holding him back from freedom with the cover of a deep and dark depression caused from their stillborn: hell, it probably wasn’t even his in the first place. She turned from the window and back to the flame. Before, his wife had tied him down by flaunting off her pregnant stomach, and she had hoped that by the death of the unborn baby that their marriage would finally end with him leaving her, but she was wrong. It didn’t end as she had hoped, and she had to take matters into her own hands. Picking up the candle, she moved away from where she was and down the stairs. She had a guest to entertain, after all.

Everything was so dark, so black; was it because there was no light, or had he gone blind? There was a pain in the back of his head, implying that he had been hit rather hard and was knocked unconscious, and now all he knew was that he could feel rope around his wrists and ankles, and that he was in a chair. Leaning his head back in an attempt to relieve some of the pain, he tried to recall what had happened: he left his house and climbed into his car, planning to buy chocolates and wine in hopes that it would lift her spirits, when…He groaned, despising himself for not remembering anything else. He wanted to know who his attacker was, why he was wherever he was, and more importantly, when he could be released; if he was to be set free. He couldn’t rely on his neighbor for outside help: they had hardly spoken to each other, and when he offered her a rose in friendship she had simply taken it and left. She must’ve disliked him. A click behind him caught his attention, and he straightened up, hoping to save some dignity while he faced his kidnapper. Soft footsteps came closer, and finally, the person was behind him. His heart pounded as he felt the person lean close to his ear.
“Hi, honey~ Glad to see me?” Those weren’t the words he was expecting to hear. He wanted to see who it was, but at the same time he wasn’t sure if he wanted to know. It didn’t matter; the person was moving, and the room soon filled with light. Blinded at first, he couldn’t see anything, but soon his eyes adjusted. Repulsion gripped him. The wall in front of him was covered in photos: of him. And standing right in front of him: his neighbor! Taking his shock positively, she giggled. “Oh, don’t be surprised, darling. You knew I had to come for you at some point!” This awoke the man from his stupor, and he regained himself.
“Why did you kidnap me? And what is this place?!” It was now her turn for surprise, but she brushed it off with another giggle and leaned her face in closer to his. He then noticed that something was wrong. The looks she had in her eyes weren’t normal: envy and obsession. Maybe the reason he was here was…
A third giggle broke his thoughts as she kept on: “Isn’t it obvious? Since you were stuck in your dreary little house with your horrid little wife, I just couldn’t wait anymore! I just had to save you from her and whisk you away~” Horrified, he struggled with his restraints as she moved even nearer. “Why are you so antsy? Is it because you’re happy to be free?” He had to do something to get out of here. He had to think! As his thoughts rushed to find a solution, she was continuing her own monologue:
“I know it must’ve been hard for you, darling, but you could’ve tried to leave her! After all, our love should’ve been enough to inspire you, but I guess that you were too kind to let that wretched woman rot alone – even though you should have. Don’t worry about her, though; once we have everything planned and packed, we can leave! Won’t that be amazing? Maybe we could go to the Bahamas: it’s romantic there, isn’t it? Anyways, once you’re ready, we can have a little fun~”
Now, she sat on his lap, grinning at him. “Should I tease you first, or unbind you?” That last part woke him up; something clicked in his mind. Desperation created a solution, and he’d do anything now to escape.
He grinned back: “How about you unbind me first, my dear?” As he spoke, he had to suppress the hatred boiling up inside of him. This woman had the nerve to insult his wife, kidnap him and bind him, and then claim “love”?! His hands clenched into fists, but she seemed happy to do what he had asked her, and untied him. As she finished, she kissed him, almost making him vomit. She made comments about the candle on the table nearly being blown out, and turned her back to him for a moment to check up on it. His hands gripped the chair, raising it. The candle blew out.

(GOOD LORD, I had to edit this thing a million times @.@ The original was much longer, haha.
EDIT 1: Aaaand I just realized that there has to be an NPC! Gimme a moment, will ya?
EDIT 2: There, I placed Reine in there! I like the idea that she found a new person to stalk besides Luke, haha~)  

Aiawen

6,300 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Piecatcher 100

the little madeleine girl

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:40 pm
what's an npc?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:31 pm
excuse me...may i ask when is the deadline?  

the little madeleine girl

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Tracoyana

Dedicated Gaian

10,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:35 am
Can it be more than 1000 words? (Mine is about 1005)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:58 am
I decided to post it:
Warning: The characters are only based loosely on the orginals.
I decided to go with very similar characters and back-stories with a slight twist. I'm not sure if that's allowed, but I hope it is because I had fun with it. smile

Mitsukai:
User Image
Juan:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Luke Comes First

Mitsukai swept her long pink hair out of her eyes and gazed across the countryside. She stood at the top of a hill overlooking the city thinking about, what else, Juan. Juan was given to long, dark brooding periods about his younger brother, Luke. Whenever he got in his "moods" he completely blocked Mitsukai out. So, in respect to him, Mitsukai always left the house when the dark cloud descended.

Juan… and Luke, were both her most beloved and most annoying loves. She both loved and hated them… to different degrees. She felt love for Juan's carefree nature and felt hate for his wandering eyes. She felt love for Luke because Juan loved him and felt hate for his making Juan suffer.
"Why is the heart so complicated?"
She asked her floating angel companion. The white creature simple chirped and got back to its meal of rice-balls that Mitsukai had baked for Juan that morning.
"Hey, where did you get that from?"
Mitsukai asked with a smile. Then she frowned…
"You might as well eat them all: Juan's not going to touch them today…"
She looked back at the view and sighed. Juan could be such an idiot some times. Why couldn't he just accept his brother? For that matter, why couldn't Luke just grow up and stop getting in trouble all the time? It would certainly make everyone's life easier. But, then again, Luke never cared about anyone's life, but his own.
"Luke you idiot!"
Mitsukai shouted into the open air.
"What did he do this time?"
Came an amused voice from behind her.

Mitsukai turned around quickly to find Juan standing there with a handful of wildflowers. She felt her heart slow down at the sight of him. He was always gorgeous. At six foot three he would have been impressive even if he didn't have the black wavy hair and green eyes that drew you in, not to mention the facial structure of a greek god. To top it off, he always wore suits that made him somehow look unattainable and romantic at the same time. He always took her breath away… However, they were and had always been, simply friends. Her mind went blank.
"Uh… I, uh, what?"
She burbled. Juan laughed his deep, throaty laugh that always made her heart feel a little weak.
"Did I surprise you? Sorry, and sorry for driving you out of the house again. Forgive me?"
He offered the flowers and Mitsukai felt her cheeks go red as she took the flowers.
"Ooo! You make life so difficult sometimes, but… I think I can find it in my heart to forgive you."
She smiled sweetly at him and then a thought struck her. Juan never came out of the cave during a depression time unless something very important was going on or… She looked at him thoughtfully,
"What happened?"
A flash of surprise went across Juan's face and he tried to cover it up by ducking his face and coughing.
"Cough, I don't know what you're talking about."
He avoided her gaze. Mitsukai felt a real flash of fear.
"Oh no! Is it something bad?"
Juan raised his head and studied her.
"I never could hide anything from you 'pinky.'"
He said using her pet name derived from her pink hair, clothes, and accessories.
"No, you can't. Now, spill, I'm your guardian angel and I deserve to know what's going on."
"Well… It has to do with Luke. He contacted me again…"
Mitsukai stared at him before hugging him tight and exclaiming:
"That's great! You guys are back in touch? And here you had me worried that something horrible was going on!"
She looked up at him and was startled to see that he still looked very somber.
"It's not good news?"
He still didn't say anything and her former happy feeling disappeared to be replaced by a strong sick feeling in her stomach. When he next spoke she went absolutely still.
"I have to leave for Africa and I might not be back for a long while."
He waited as if expecting something from her. Mitsukai cocked her head to the side.
"So? When are we leaving?"
"That's just it, Mitsukai, you're not coming."
"What!? No way! I'm both of your guardian angels and you need me!"
"No, we don't."
Mitsukai felt like she'd been slapped.
"Why?"
She asked in a small voice.
"Why are you rejecting me?"
Juan leaned in and placed his hands on her shoulders.
"I'm not rejecting you. It's just… Luke needs me."
"Then why can't I help? If Luke needs you then wouldn't two be better than one?"
"It's more complicated then that. You can't handle the heat and I can't afford to wait any longer than necessary."
Mitsukai could see that she wasn't going to change his mind.
"How long are you going to be gone?"
She asked in resignation.
"At least five years, maybe longer."
"That long?"
Mitsukai felt forlorn.
"But, but you can't leave for that long! What am I supposed to do during that time? I can't just sit here and wait."
Juan didn't answer and Mitsukai felt her heart truly break. Large tears ran down her face…
"Don't go! Please don't go!"
"I have to."
"Then take me with you… I can't live without you… I love you…"
She sobbed. There was a long pause in which her hiccups were the only sound before he said:
"I'm sorry, but Luke comes first." and just like that, he walked away.

Mitsukai fell to her knees and cried.
"It's… not… fair…"
She sobbed… as her tears began to cease she felt a new, strong emotion of the sort she had never felt before that ripped its way through her chest and into her stomach. It was a fire that burned through her body. It left her breathless and shaking. And just like that, it vanished, leaving only a dark empty feeling.
With a bitter groan Mitsukai whispered:
"I wish I were Luke."  

Tracoyana

Dedicated Gaian

10,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

zrofyre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:04 am
I long to spread my creativity!!

Ambling into the bar one cloudy afternoon, James paused to grin at the vase of flowers placed there once again. "Ah, every day, fresh flowers for me." The light scent of azaleas, blackthorne, and glory lilies drifted to him, clearing the air of the lingering scent of smoke and whiskey.

Every day Juan would come and place a new vase upon the old mahogany counter, bringing a bit of nature into the heavy den. The flowers were a grace upon the eyes, lifting the spirits of those within the room. And every day, James would linger near them for a few moments before prepping the area for guests.

Rosetta would hover by the windows at the same time each day, knowing he would amble by. She knew that James like to keep things simple, unencumbered, and therefore she didn’t complicate things with unnecessary emotion. Every morning she would go and pick the perfect blooms from her garden, arranging them carefully to enhance their beauty. Be it in balance or ever careful asymmetry, the delicate placement of each stem centered her.

She would be about each morning to see the smile that would bless his features, thankful that he would never know that she picked them with careful diligence. Juan would always cover for her, understanding. James, with his peaceful ways, brought a calm to her soul and a smile to her heart. She knew nothing could ever come of it. Their ages too distant, their duties too encompassing, to ever meet.

This did not keep her from a hardened heart to those women he chose to flirt with. She knew it was all part of his personality and job, to keep the crowd smiling, the drinks flowing, the peace going. But that didn’t help. She wanted to be those women, older, more refined. To be a woman instead of a lady. But that was years down the road, and until then, she would content herself with brightening his day.

James paused his steps around the bar, the washcloth in hand as he wiped down the tables. He could feel her eyes upon him, from her perch by the window. The breeze that had carried the clouds across the sky stroked careful fingers through her hair, draping tendrils across her shoulders. She was too young for him, and he was too sedate for her. She needed someone who would liven her life. He, with his books and tea, he could never be right for her. She deserved someone who was not caught up in others’ battle, be they verbal or otherwise. For all that he enjoyed them, they would detract from his care of another.

So he contented himself with watching her grow into a lovely young woman, beauty and kindness in her every move. And he told himself that he did not desire to be the flowers she opened herself to, graced her love and care on.

Thank you for reading and considering my entry!!  
9th Annual User Run Ball

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff