Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)
Using Cards in RP (DigiModify) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the system?
Yes
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
No
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

wild wulfie of the forest

Friendly Werewolf

6,800 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:39 am
I agree with Zadoc. Take the time to think everything through, but don't think everything to a point where it's nothing but the card's literal effect. And remember that you CAN dodge Poison/Water Leak in the RP.

Just don't take things so literal and interpret the cards the best you possibly can.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:31 am
Not if you are an egg. Eggs can't move.

And I take things literally. I am into Math, I go straight unless I am following a curve. And these are valid concerns. They need to be addressed.  

GrandMaster Draco_Lord

Interesting Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

ZarAburame

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:35 am
Im quite serious when I say this I don't like this and it makes me want to quit rping all together. Its just not fun to me. Each digimon has their advantages and disadvantages. Giving a digimon wings from a card or a shield or a sword is just dumb. And as for don't like it don't us it? Haha why. Lets just completely throw something out the window that completely helps every one else.

Lets Say Ill take ZIp vs any omnimon. Omnimon is a powerhouse hands down. And I've said multiple times zips advantage is the fact that he can fly and move very fast by doing that. The fact that its air vs ground gives him an advantage since hes much more mobile making his strength even better. Hes not gonna hit hard But that advantage allows him to compete with those digimon. You put wings on an omnimon and Hes down to just speed.

Well ******** you say just ignore that when Im losing a giant advantage I should have? no. I very much dislike this system. I wont be using it and honestly I don't like it and if it ends up screwing me over at some point there is either gonna be a massive rage post or I will go on a break.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:48 am
I'm into math too and I can use creativity. And the egg shell would protect you from the blast. Or the Tamer could just make the egg disappear and the Digimon could evade.

While these may be valid concerns, just try to remember to think outside the box and enjoy things~

@ Zar: You do realize that Omnimon can fly already though, right?

I personally like this system because it makes things more interesting and unique in the RP. Plus, it levels the playing field to make things more fair (i.e. making it so a Digimon stuck on the ground can compete with a Digimon who can fly)

If you guys don't like it, then honestly don't use it because not everyone is going to use it, not everyone is going to use it. Besides, I don't see you guys complaining about certain Digimon's attacks which are quite cheap in my opinion, *cough cough* ZeedMillenniummon *cough cough* yet you'll complain about a card system that has limited uses?  

Friendly Werewolf

6,800 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100

ZarAburame

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:59 am
no omnimon can not fly. In the first movie hes in total cyber space any one could fly/float. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI9D462GHgk if you watch that clip the most omnimon does is float on water which armageddemon does too so i guess he can fly to? He is affected by gravity because honestly whos gonna fall upside down if you can fly? you also see omnimon send up waves when he turns. Case closed. And also As for Zeed I don't abuse it. I could easily pull out zeed and make him use his ultimate attack that sends you to another dimension all the time and just never have to worry about any threats but I barely use him. And again you can't say ignore it because it does give an advantage that the digimon did not have to begin with. I still stand by the fact that this makes me want to quit rping.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:05 am
actually he can according to DMA "When he needs to fly in order to escape from the enemy's attacks, the cape on his back will be automatically attached." from Omnimon's page  

Unitas Persona

Dangerous Lover

8,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Friendly Werewolf

6,800 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:07 am
ZarAburame
no omnimon can not fly. In the first movie hes in total cyber space any one could fly/float. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI9D462GHgk if you watch that clip the most omnimon does is float on water which armageddemon does too so i guess he can fly to? He is affected by gravity because honestly whos gonna fall upside down if you can fly? you also see omnimon send up waves when he turns. Case closed. And also As for Zeed I don't abuse it. I could easily pull out zeed and make him use his ultimate attack that sends you to another dimension all the time and just never have to worry about any threats but I barely use him. And again you can't say ignore it because it does give an advantage that the digimon did not have to begin with. I still stand by the fact that this makes me want to quit rping.

As Unitas has posted from DMA, it can fly. Also, if you look at the movie which introduces the X Antibody, Omnimon is definitely flying (as is Dukemon)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:07 am
I personally will not be using this system yet i still support it. I am confident in my skills that even when Im using my duftmon and lief is using his duft mon that although he could use cards and lets say use something like cursed ring that A he will not God mode me into the situation and B that I will get the choice does it hit me or not?
Atleast with this system there are regulations and stipulations about whether or not they can use cards. Otherwise everyone could run around and constantly pull out the card they need every single time.  

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Unitas Persona

Dangerous Lover

8,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:12 am
i think the main problem here are people are looking at this as one on one with another person at the end of the day you and the person your RP fighting with can agree if both of you do/don't use cards also this system I would say is still in its infant stage and it has a lot "bugs" that will need to be looked at edited and rules restrictions being added and modified as cretin things evolve with the role-playing style  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 am
ZarAburame
Unitas Persona
actually he can according to DMA "When he needs to fly in order to escape from the enemy's attacks, the cape on his back will be automatically attached." from Omnimon's page
oh ok we are following DMA exactly then instead of the show? im ok with this time to just zeed all over every thing. I mean i had planned to make zeed use some of Zars life force when he attacked but since dma doesn't say that I don't need to. Good talking to you. and btw its not mary sueing since zeed travels between time and space so you can never hit me as I warp to another dimension then come back. and if you don't know how strong zeed is here is some info on him.

Name: ZeedMillenniummon
Origin: Digimon
Classification: Evil God Digimon, Mega/Ultimate level
Powers and Abilities: Super Strength, Flight/Levitation, Time Manipulation, Teleportation, Intangibility, Transmutation, Telepathy, dimensional/universal manipulation, exists in all points of space and time, and has a Fractal Code to negate his powers.
Weaknesses: Ryo, his mere presence made Zeed nearly powerless. Zeed’s seal negates his full/true power, which means he is depowered, if the seal is released, then everything – all time and space will be destroyed, mere existence will end
Destructive Capacity: Multiverse level+
Range: Multiversal
Speed: Omnipresent
Durability: Multiversal+
Strength: Class 100+
Stamina: Unknown
Intelligence: Knowledge of many Universes, including the past, present and future. Is also a member of Gaia Origin (Digimon World: Dawn/Dusk)
Notable Attacks/Techniques:

- Fallen Hell: Makes a dark portal which pulls everything around him into a “chaos world” and putting the whole universe into total darkness.

- Chrono Paradox: Fires two atomic rays out of his mouths that destroy everything in their way and can destroy a whole universe in a single shot.

- Time Destroyer: Sends his enemies to the other side of space-time.

gg no rematch I just ******** over every one in the rp with out trying. Takes your pick Cards or Have fun. Im ok with either since I have fun either way.

no not exactly I'm just stating he could if the user wanted him to move from one area to another as it doesn't state that he can actually fight while flying or dodging the mantle on the back is used then is removed again so really can he fly yes can he fly while he fights most likely not as it's not stated  

Unitas Persona

Dangerous Lover

8,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Friendly Werewolf

6,800 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:27 am
ZarAburame
Unitas Persona
oh ok we are following DMA exactly then instead of the show? im ok with this time to just zeed all over every thing. I mean i had planned to make zeed use some of Zars life force when he attacked but since dma doesn't say that I don't need to. Good talking to you. and btw its not mary sueing since zeed travels between time and space so you can never hit me as I warp to another dimension then come back. and if you don't know how strong zeed is here is some info on him.

Powers and Abilities: Super Strength, Flight/Levitation, Time Manipulation, Teleportation, Intangibility, Transmutation, Telepathy, dimensional/universal manipulation, exists in all points of space and time, and has a Fractal Code to negate his powers.
Weaknesses: Ryo, his mere presence made Zeed nearly powerless. Zeed’s seal negates his full/true power, which means he is depowered, if the seal is released, then everything – all time and space will be destroyed, mere existence will end
Intelligence: Knowledge of many Universes, including the past, present and future. Is also a member of Gaia Origin (Digimon World: Dawn/Dusk)

- Fallen Hell: Makes a dark portal which pulls everything around him into a “chaos world” and putting the whole universe into total darkness.

- Chrono Paradox: Fires two atomic rays out of his mouths that destroy everything in their way and can destroy a whole universe in a single shot.

gg no rematch I just ******** over every one in the rp with out trying. Takes your pick Cards or Have fun. Im ok with either since I have fun either way.

Here is a clip of the movie and Omnimon is flying, Dukemon is flying, MetalGarurumon X is flying, and Wargreymon X is flying as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:31 am
ZarAburame
Unitas Persona

Here is a clip of the movie and Omnimon is flying, Dukemon is flying, MetalGarurumon X is flying, and Wargreymon X is flying as well.
ok thats fine but since no one is argueing with me about zeed ima just go wipe every one from the face of the rp excuse me.  

ZarAburame

Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces