Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogwarts Alumni Profiles
Jessica Sassareth

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 pm
Hi, my name is Jessica Sassareth

But I mostly go by Jess

I'm a female

I'm seventeen years old.

My birthday is January 6th

My dream job is Wish to go into either Law or be an Investigator, also have a vested interest in Alchemy

My blood status is Pure blood

This is my Seventh year here at Hogwarts, and I'm a Prefect.

The house I'm in is Slytherin

I'm interested in both

I'm currently with no one at the moment...

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bright and cautious perfectionist, and I'm careful about those who I trust. Tend to be cool meeting others. It’s hard to get past the emotional wall that I've erected around myself. I have learned that bloodlines don‘t necessarily mean loyalty, much to my own personal pain. Also, my affliction has forced me to broaden my perspective and open my mind to new possibilities. Despite my physical ailments, I must persevere through sheer will.

My background story is that I was born into a pure-blood family that can trace its lineage all the way back to Greek entertainers who traveled to Roman controlled Britannia -- now modern day Great Britain. Legend has it that the Sassareths are descended from the Gorgon Euryale.

Generations of Sassareths have belonged to Slythern House, and my parents were no exception. My father, Jason Sassareth, instilled his own drive to perfection into all of his children, brooking no weaknesses. When my friend, Miles Pendrake, and I were poisoned at age ten for literally being at the wrong place at the wrong time, I woke up at St. Mungo‘s deathly ill and my family abandoned me.

Now constantly ill with the poison still flowing through my veins, I survive on my sheer will to live. Now as I began to research ways to reverse my affliction, I have received my letter from Hogwarts while at St. Mungo‘s.

I enjoy reading, solving mysteries, history, evocational spells [Most fall under DADA], potions

I despise disloyalty, dishonesty, whining, bullies, cowards

I'm afraid of becoming like the rest of my family -- power-hungry, lustful monsters (as in monstrous behavior)

My strengths are my indomitable will and my clear-headed focus on tasks

My flaws are an emotional wall that Jess uses to keep herself from getting emotionally hurt, and going into fits of melancholy from her own loneliness

I look like http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx351/Skuld-HJG/Jessica/Redhead2.jpg (through fifth year)

Now I look like this after being cured: http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx351/Skuld-HJG/Jessica/Jess.jpg

My wand is a 12" Cypress, Sphinx Mane Hair [The Cypress wood was imported from Greece as well as the Sphinx Mane Hair]

(The Sphinx Mane Hair tends to gravitate to those of great sound mental ability and the ability to think under pressure. This might be more descriptive of Jess, because of her background.)

My pet is an Grey owl named Bubo.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Never thought that I would be having an epiphany as I go to be sorted. Funny thing when your father believes you too weak to live. Now, I'm alone, struggling to survive my affliction. My best friend is dead, and my family abandons me. The doctors at St. Mungo's are no help. They think that I only have a few months to live, the poison still flows through my veins. But I'll show them. By hook or by crook, I'll survive. I'll succeed. I'll excell. Oh for Merlin's sake, I don't know who I can trust anymore. Some of those who used to bow and scrape may actually be reaching for the corner of the carpet that you're standing on.

I'll have to rely on my wits. If the doctor's can't cure me, I'll have to find a way to do so myself. I'll need help, but who to trust? I will have to be careful as to who I befriend, but who would trust one of my lineage? Who can blame them? All the preachings about pure blood... In the end, it means little. As Shakespeare would say, "Much ado about nothing." Hmmmm... Maybe a non-wizarding source might be able to help me. Most wizards are too blinded in their arrogance to even consider such possibility. "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" I must open my mind to new possibilities...

Recently, I have been undergoing treatments for my affliction under the direction of Alfons Flint. And finally.... Finally, the poison has been fully purged from Jess' body. The poison was regenerating itself within Jess' own liver, but thanks to Alfons Flint's brilliance -- Jess can look forward with the rest of her life -- if she can get past her own loneliness that is.
~Utsuha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:10 am
There the poison is simply unknown.... Now, will everyone kindly quit bothering me about my character after she was accepted into the school. This is getting old, and I'd rather have fun role playing. Thank you.  

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:01 pm
Jessica Sassareth's List of Knowledge