Welcome to Gaia! ::

More Than Able [A Super Role-Play]

Back to Guilds

A Superhero Role-Playing guild for those who want to do more then save and destroy the world 

Tags: roleplay, adventure, super, hero, superhero 

Reply Crossover [Pleasant Medium]
Lena Rubin Univerisity est. 1896 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm
╔══════════════╗
Welcome to
►►Lena Rubin University
╚══════════════╝.

User Image

►► History

• Formerly the Megalopolis University. Renamed for Lena Rubin first female Congresswoman of known Muntant abilities.

►► University Information

• Schools
    The University is divided into six schools. Dean college- studies of metamorphosis, Arts college, Science college, Liberal Arts college, Kennedy School of Law and Hathorn school of Business.

• Student Actives
    On campus there are countless clubs run by the students including two drama clubs (Classic and non-traditional), anime and manga club, math team, ceramics club, WEC (Woman's engineering club), Hillel, modal UN and many many more. There is also greek life and sports teams going from intramural to intercollegiate (including a Quidditsh team at the intercollegiate level). keeping an eye on everything is the Student government headed student elected president and student reps from every school, year, and nearly ever group.

• Student Life
    While most first year college students live on campus there are many cheap apartments in the area that older students live at, particularly if they live full time in Megalopolis. There is also special housing on request, like alternative housing for those with mutations, pre-med housing, quiet and substance free housing, and the most popular coed-housing. There are several dinning plans for students and each dorm building has a cafeteria that fits about 50 to 100 students. In the Campus Center (image in link bellow) there is a coffee shop,Grill and salad bar, Commuter cafeteria, campus store (all places you can use school points and food credits) Student government offices, Student Actives HQ, Religious offices and multi-denominal chapel, and student theater. There is also a large Cafeteria that fits about half the school population at a time in the middle of Classroom building area as well carts for quick meal in each classroom building.

• Courses and Requirements
    All undergrad students are required to general courses (2 level 100 science, 2 level 100 math, English 101 and 102, 2 level 100 langues and 2 level 100 social science courses) to graduate. There are verity of courses for almost all Bachelors and Masters Degrees.

Campus spans from both sides of the river that runs through Megalopolis with Dorms and the Campus Center on the waterfront on east side with all the class buildings and Library on the west side. There are four bridges connecting the campus together, two walking bridges, one bike bridge and one car bridge. The library itself is considered the best library in the whole city.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:53 pm
Revered: Just in case

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:24 pm
Open when switched over

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:11 am
User Image

User Image

xxxxxxxx@ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ▣ ▣ ▣

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

xxxxxxm a g g i e

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maggie sat in the student union, her feet up on the little coffee table in front of the cheap brown sofa. She gazed down at the little white laptop on her lap and her hand hovered above the keyboard ready to respond should something go eyry in her program. She eyes the screen like it was a dog about to take a piss on her rug. That's how she treated her computer, like a dog. It even had a name, Binary. Or at least that's what she called this one. B for short. B really was a great little computer, state of the art, quick on the trigger with fantastic wifi ability and this cute little video card. If it where a dog it would be a greyhound puppy. Small, but with such possibility and so damn cute.

The program ran though with out any problems at all and the result was a grin on Mag's part and a little chirp from the computer. Satisfied with her work and dedication She young woman saved, then closed her computer and slipped it into her orange lap top bag, buttoning it closed and making sure it was nice and safe before getting up and glancing around. the union was pretty empty, most students were in town or away for the summer. She was working on her thesis though and really ha to get back to the lab.

░ ░ ░ ░░ ░ ░ ░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

dragonhealer

skrull pirate
Captain

Dapper Informer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:34 pm
User Image
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄xxxxxxxxxx
► ► Kiyoki "Smith" Robinson
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀xxxxxxxxxx
╔══════════════╗
Power 3000
xx
╚══════════════╝

"running the game
xxxxxwhat am I saying?"

Uggh. As if it wasn't enough work making his way back up the journalism ladder with the recent accusations of illegal use of company funds, Smith's stress-o meter would still be running in overtime with the leads he had gotten on his dads death not long ago. Luckily his condo wasn't far from Lena Rubin's Main Campus Library, well known as the best in the city. Now using the best research source in the area and the free community computers, he could knock out two birds with one stone and hopefully get out of his basement job while tracking down the sons of bitches that took his father away from him.

Unfortunately he ran into a little detour when he discovered the school's outdated PCs automatically, and probably accidentally, shut down whenever you tried to access any web address ending in '.gov'. "Fuuuu- PCs will be the death of me" he said, before dramatically banging his head on the table and restarting the computer. No hacking into any FBI mainframes today.

threads

"running the earthxxxxx
give me a month."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:44 pm
User Image

User Image

xxxxxxm a g g i e
Wearing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maggie found her way back to the computer lab, and was happy to see it was pretty much empty. There was one guy who seemed to be having some trouble but that was really it. The girl watched him hit his head on the keyboard and cringed not so much for his head but for the computer. It was trying it's best after all but it had a bug. Mag walked over to take the computer beside the boy and she glanced at the blue screen of the monitor. There! That's what needed alteration. He needed to go into the code and just... No one ever went into the code and fixed things besides her. With that thought she glanced up at the boy's face and opened her mouth.

"Need some help? It looks like she's got a little virus."

Mag's voice was helpful without being perky or overly interested. She leaned back into her chair and looked back at the loading screen. it looked like an easy fix, just a wipe and then reinstalling the browser. Five minutes tops. She could spare five minutes.

"I'm Maggie by the way. I do I.T. for the university. It's kind of a side job though, I'm still a student."

Maggie tucked her bangs behind her ear and met the bespectacled man's eyes. He looked interesting, but not very smart. Smart enough but not like the kind of guy she was interested in. Not that she judged everyone by the way she felt about them like that. Well... She did, but not only like that.

░ ░ ░ ░░ ░ ░ ░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

dragonhealer

nightscapture

4,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:06 pm
User Image
☯☁ Luciana ❦ ☆Tian Li ♬✦Alverstein
Known to all as...ϟPhoenixϟ
There is no such thing as a lost battle☮ There is only a loss of heart

"College will be the death of me,"
Muttering to herself, Phoenix loped down the staircase in her uneven, somewhat listing gait. Tucked neatly underneath her arm was a folder that was stuffed to the brink of overflowing with papers. Sighing dramatically, she extracted the folder from its little nook and flipped through its unhappy contents, staring wearily at the pages filled with her own, lilting cursive and the angry red marks of the teachers. When Phoenix had applied for Law school, she had expected lots of work. However, this much work-and this much harsh grading-was starting to get to her. On top of the stress built from studies, she was also running around undercover. While it might have seemed impressive that Phoenix could juggle school and her 'super' duties, she was still only 19, and hardly even an adult.

Reaching the bottom of the staircase, Phoenix turned a right and flung open the door to the first classroom-the computer lab. She was somewhat grateful and relieved to find that the room was nearly empty, its only two occupants being a young man and woman. He looked like he was about to murder the computer in front of him, and she seemed to sympathize more with the machine then the man himself. Of course, she had seen both of them around the school before, but because she had never actually approached either of them, it was useless to utter too friendly of a greeting. Flashing a quick smile at both of them, Phoenix pulled out a seat at the other side of the room and setting down the folder, sat down neatly in front of the screen and logged in.

As she waited for the computer to boot up, Phoenix's eyes strayed over to the window near her seat. While many of the students were either chilling out in dorms or attending classes, a select few were dawdling outside in the warming weather, engaging in useless chitchat. Her screen brightening told Phoenix that she could start to work, and opening the folder again, she slipped out five pieces of paper filled with scribbles, crossed out sentences, and notes in the margins. Taking the essay, she opened up a word document and frantically began typing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:26 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Power 3000
xx
╚══════════════╝

"running the game
xxxxxwhat am I saying?"

Damn. Computers always give him headaches, that or banging his head on tables whenever they didn't do what he needed them to. Luckily his own guardian tech person appeared out of nowhere to help him out with his endless computer troubles. But instead of a silhouette bathed in sunlight and cloaked in holy robes, they had to settle for terrible eye straining fluorescent lights and 'Star Trek' paraphernalia. Smith studied her body, not in a creepy way though, as she stood over him and fixed the hunk-o-junk in front of him, trying out a more 'Sherlock Holmes' approach to talking to this lady than the failed be-nice-and-polite approached that got him punched and kicked out not a week before. The first thing he noticed were bony long fingers and strained hand vains, showing many hours typing on the computer or writing in a small journal. Couple that with the slight bags under her eyes, from either reading / writing under dim light or staring into a computer for hours at a time, and the final piece of the puzzle, the fact that she was helping him with his blue screen of death, and he had her figured out. She was a computer science major, drawn to the high prestige of LRU, that as a kid was either bullied as a result of her fanboy complex and lack of friends, or grew a fanboy complex because of bullying and a lack of friends. Tough, at least all those nights spent alone watching 'Star Trek' by herself led them to this very moment where she would help him with the b***h of a computer he was dealing with now.

He was going to reply to her question about help by asking for an advil, but by the way she carried on, it was clear she was talking to the computer and wasn't necessarily interested in his mental or physical health in any way. Just what he needed, another woman only helping him because it was her job to do so. Didn't people ever care anymore. Does no one feel compelled to find out about a fellow human beings day? The short answer is no, and he learned that the hard way over and over again.

"Kiyoki Robinson"
he said, adjusting his glasses, no way he was giving another person his nickname after the past month's events "Reporter for the messenger, but I have a Masters in Mechanical Engineering from LRU." He nodded his head in the direction of the computer that was still booting up, "Funny though, I've never had luck with computers, despite my dad having a Masters in Software and Mechanical Engineering. Guess I'm more of a Mac. Or Linux. Or any OS that isn't Windows." Mainstream fan-girl meet hipster non-conformist to the core.

"running the earthxxxxx
give me a month."

skrull pirate
Captain

Dapper Informer

dragonhealer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:19 pm
User Image

User Image

xxxxxxm a g g i e
Wearing

Maggie smiled when the boy said he was more of a Mac person. Wasn't everyone? She loved Microsoft as much as the next person but Macs were just so much more... Sexy. The boy seemed to be checking her out and Mag knew exactly what he would think. 'Computer geek, to dorky to bang, avoid prolonged contact or else catch the dork sickness.' Maggie smiled and scooted over when the boy's computer, putting her fingers on the keyboard. The girl's long bony fingers splayed out over the keys and wasting no time she started typing out commands with lighting speed. The woman seemed to tune out everything else around her and when the computer booted up she got rid of the infected files, and reinstalled everything that had been corrupted, this process took three minutes at most.

"Kiyoki? Odd name... I like it. But if you work for the paper why are you here? "

She glanced over at him from the screen for just a split second then turned to meet his eyes giving a little smile. He looked pained. A head ache? She knew his name from the paper but didn't expect him to be some kid who had to use free computers to do his work.

" I mean, doesn't the paper give it's reporters a laptop? Most places do."

Maggie looked back at the screen and closed the windows that were not needed she did a final scan and was done. The computer would work as well as if it were brand new and she scooted back to the desk beside his. In her little orange bag she took out a bottle of advil and tapped out a couple pills, holding them out in her open palm for the boy to take. He looked like he needed them.

"It's just odd, it's not like you can't use what ever computers you want..."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:45 am
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Power 3000
xx
╚══════════════╝

"running the game
xxxxxwhat am I saying?"

"Well for a few reasons actually, "
he said, rubbing the back of his head, a habit he was doing more and more these days, "one reason is, I was falsely accused of illegally using the papers funds, so I was demoted." And he wasn't lying. He was falsely accused, because who in their right mind would use the papers resources to fight crime. This was by far one of the best papers in the country and they would have found out eventually. He gingerly took the pills from her hand and threw his head back to swallow them down without water. "Thanks," he said with a smirk on his face, plowing on with his story "second reason, I figure I might come back to school sooner or later so I needed to talk to the admissions officer." The computer finally rebooted up and he immediately went to hack into police records, despite the fan girl in the seat next to him. "And lastly, the paper didn't assign me to a murder case, so if they saw what I am doing now, they might have reassigned me to an even worse story. "

Gah. He ran into a roadblock on his search for justice when he discovered a new hacking agent in the police software. Luckily he had little miss fast fingers with him. "Would you mind?" he asked, probably asking to much, seeing as what he was doing was highly illegal and he had just met the woman.
--
ooc: terrible sorry

"running the earthxxxxx
give me a month."

skrull pirate
Captain

Dapper Informer

dragonhealer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:36 am
User Image

User Image

xxxxxxm a g g i e
Wearing

Maggie nodded watching him clumsily try to hack into police records... Sure he had a basic understanding of how to hack but it looked like he just had that. It was like watching a blind man flail around trying to kill a fly. She was actually a little relived when he asked for her help. If he left a record it would look bad on the university.

"What exactly are you trying to get at? Do you have a case number? Or a name?"

She moved back in front of the computer and closed the page he had up. The browser he was using wasn't right. She brought up a page and went through half a dozen proxies before even loading up the police login screen. It was all done with a few clicks and her amazing typing speed. You would think the woman never stood move then ten feet from a computer... and that was kind of true.

"Also, Do you know if the paper is interested in hiring on a new IT consultant? "

She breezed past the login page and scanned though the most resent files. Everything that had been recorded in the last couple years was there... And none of it was of much interest to her, but she wanted to make sure it all worked before handing it off... Also she didn't want this guy looking at something that Maybe he shouldn't see.

"Scratch that... I'm to busy for that kind of place. So... Who's case then?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:04 am
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Power 3000
xx
╚══════════════╝

"running the game
xxxxxwhat am I saying?"

"How the hell..."
he whispered to himself as he watched the pale woman's fingers glide across the keyboard with such profound elegance that she must have trained herself to do it that way. Not to mention the pure speed at which she did it. If he didn't know any better he might have thought she was a technopath.

"MP-0039-85"
he read off of a note book page with information he had recently gotten by going back home to his mom's house and checking out the police station down the block. "I really appreciate your help, this case is pretty important to me"

Talk about understatement.

"running the earthxxxxx
give me a month."

skrull pirate
Captain

Dapper Informer

dragonhealer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:19 pm
User Image

User Image

xxxxxxm a g g i e
Wearing

Maggie nodded typing the code the moment he said it and opening a page to... a murder case? She read though the data, absorbing it all and deciding that it wouldn't really do much damage to let this guy see it. Mag moved out of his way but kept an eye on him while he looked though the file.

"So what's so important about this case anyway?"

She logged into her own computer and started typing with the same speed and dexterity that she had done before but this time she wasn't really looking at the screen so much as glancing at it ever few moments just to be sure that it was up to date with her. If Kiyoki was to look over at her monitor he would see web page after web page fly by. Like she was power skimming in search of something very obscure. All of the pages were news or web related. But where they were from seemed completely random. This was Maggie's version of checking the news... She did it three times a day every day and it kept her feeling in the loop with world events.

Her eyes strayed to Kiyoki's screen and she wondered why he hadn't been assigned to the case he cared most about? wouldn't it be more profitable for the paper to put it's reporters on things they cared about. Studies had shown that people remembered more about subjects they liked or had some connection to then those they didn't. Then again, most people didn't know the studies. That was a fact she had learned at a young age. People were not computers, they based things on animal instinct, not fact.

"Do you have a connection with the guy who was killed? Is that why?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Power 3000
xx
╚══════════════╝

"running the game
xxxxxwhat am I saying?"

"Well thats one reason." Close was a huge minimization. Try more in the family of sharing nearly the same DNA. "The other reason is the fact that it isn't a closed case, they still haven't found the killers. I hate that." Cops are so dumb sometimes, and in retrospect, their stupidity motivated half the things he did. He hacked into police files because they were to dumb to catch criminals, he caught criminals and fought crime because they were to stupid to find them themselves, he stole and ordered hits on people because he knew he wouldn't be caught, and he hired people to do good in the community because cops simply were not nearly skilled enough to do it themselves. Not that it was all their fault, pesky laws and such were constantly holding them back, but that means its gotta change somewhere along the line, and last time he checked, Smith wasn't in the law making, but more the law breaking, business.

"As a reporter, a good mystery is always great, so figuring out this one will not only give me closure, but will also help me hone my skills."
It felt good to talk casually as he worked, it made him feel like he was back at home, or still in college. "Not that they would ever accept the article, conflict of interest and all that." Those pesky laws again, prohibiting him from doing what he did best.

"running the earthxxxxx
give me a month."

skrull pirate
Captain

Dapper Informer

Crossover [Pleasant Medium]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items