YourxStarlessxEyes

Dapper Dabbler

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:53 pm
User Image

Kati was bored. And it was not a good thing when Kati was bored. It's not that she couldn't amuse herself, she just didn't like to. She preferred being with others, especially when she got the attention. She didn't think she was a diva, she just always thought of things she wanted others to see or know.

Alas, her parents were off hunting, and her friends weren't around. 'Where has everyone gone?' she wondered. Kati was determined to find someone to play with, though, so she trekked through the swamp back to the area near her family's den. Maybe one of her siblings would be around, there were enough of them that probably at least one was home.

Deciding to practice her stalking skills, Kati approached the family den slowly, peering from behind trees and slinking through the grass and muck. If someone was home, Kati wanted to have some fun and surprise them. She loved dramatic entrances after all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:02 pm
User Image

Kin yawned as she stretched her small limbs, she was lounging right in the entrance of their family den so that she could look out upon the swamp. The other brothers and sisters were all playing, which suited her just find. She much rather enjoyed the silence and the watching than the games and the yelling.

Her tail flicked as a rather lovely yawn stretched her jaw, and a slow purr tumbled from her chest. The air was warm and it was making her sleepy, and since she had nothing better to do she thought a nap might be lovely. Of course, that was until she spotted Kati headed for the den. Her yellow-orange eyes shut as yet another yawn took her before she pulled herself to her paws, stretching again and trying to make the sleepiness go away.

Her tail flicked and she just smirked as she watched her sister, and when she was close she moved forward, bumping her head and nuzzling into the other cub affectionately as way of greeting, still purring.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

YourxStarlessxEyes

Dapper Dabbler

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:07 am
Kati smirked to herself as she saw her sister Kinyago lazing around the front of their den. No one else was around, and her quiet sister seemed on the verge of a nap. 'Perfect.' Kati continued to creep silently through the swamp towards her sister, imagining she was a snake sliding through the cool, damp ground.

Suddenly, Kati's ears went up as Kin spotted her. She froze for a moment, then valiantly kept up her stalking until the two met. Kati's ears went down as soon as Kin approached her and she flopped bonelessly on the ground, making a comically sour face at the fact that her stalking had been very unsuccessful, since Kin had just stood and watched her, making it obvious that her sister was...obvious.

The young lioness didn't pout for long, though, quickly getting to her feet as her sister bumped heads and nuzzled into her. Kati purred, returning the affectionate nuzzling happily. Kati enjoyed Kin's presence, for the two were opposites. Kati often had a lot of energy and ideas, talking quickly and often, while Kin was quiet, unhurried and took the time to think before she spoke. Kati would occasionally railroad over what her sister said in her haste to tell about whatever awesome idea she just had, but she always apologized because she never meant to.

"I didn't interrupt a nap did I?" she asked as she continued to rub against her sister, content in the sunshine and company.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:15 am
    Kin might not have been the loudest, most rambunctious of her siblings, but she was also not the quietest of them either. She had a fondness for naps and was rather mature in the fact that she liked thinking about her actions and her words before she carried them out or spoke them. But some days she could end up just as wild as Kati. Kin found she had more energy on rainy days, and also a softer head for causing trouble.

Her tail flicked as her sister asked the question and she nipped lightly at the other's ear before shaking her head and smiling. "No." She said, pleasantly. It wasn't a lie if you believed what you were saying, and even if she'd been about to sleep she liked to spend time with her siblings better. After a moment she turned away to head back to the den, expecting Kati to follow. "You weren't with anyone?" She meant family. Where were their brothers and sisters? Their mother? Oh well, it was a lion's life to explore when young and a mother's job to hunt.

"Did you meet anyone interesting?" She'd heard her mother speaking of the increased number of litters lately, and it made Kin a little curious. Were they going to meet other cubs their age soon?

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

YourxStarlessxEyes

Dapper Dabbler

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:40 am
Kati batted a paw at her sister as her ear was nipped. Her tail swished playfully as her sister answered. "Oh, good," Kati replied, knowing her sister enjoyed the peace. "No," she sighed questions as she followed her sister into the den. "No one is around today. I went looking, but everyone seems to be off doing something."

Kati wasn't worried about their family, she knew they'd turn up in twos and threes later in the day. Besides, spending time with Kin was fun. While the two had different personalities, that seemed polar opposites to a stranger, they were actually more similar than they seemed. Kin would sometimes experience bursts of energy, and she was generally one of the first to go along with one of Kati's plans for mischief, and often had her own ideas as well. And, contrary to popular belief, Kati could stop talking and moving for periods of time.

"I didn't meet anyone at all, either," she said, eyeing her sister's tail as it swayed. "Maybe we'll meet some other cubs at the Queen's games," she said as she batted at her sister's tail for a moment, then grabbed it gently in her mouth.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:18 pm
    Kin's ears twitched and she smirked a little, tugging her tail playfully away from her sister. The queen's games! She'd forgotten about them, though the thought of all of the wonderfully interesting strangers all together caused her to begin purring. "Oh, I'm sure there will be lots of others out age!" She said, for a moment her voice carried from the lazy, sleepy tone into something much more excited. She shifted and batted at her sister's face gently with her paw. "I'm sure everyone will be there, actually. Why be busy on a day made for fun?" She grinned, her voice once more slow and quiet.

The idea of meeting others appealed to Kin greatly, but she also wasn't sure how to go about making friends or things like that. Siblings were easy, they had to be your friend because it was a life rule. But strangers? She wasn't so sure on that one. Kin found that she was usually outshone by the more energetic, talkative members of her family. Not that she was shy, she just tended to take her time watching others much longer before actually speaking to them. "Will you play in the games Kati?" Kin thought she might enjoy watching rather than participating, really.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

YourxStarlessxEyes

Dapper Dabbler

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:33 pm
Kati grinned her sister tugged her tail out of her possession. She leaned her head back to try and get out of her sister's reach, batting her own paw at her sister's softly. She liked playing and talking with Kin like this. For all her energy, this relaxing, almost lazy, play was nice and unhurried. "True," she replied to her sister. "Even for those who aren't going to be in the games, watching must be fun, too."

She smiled and puffed out her chest a bit at her sister's question. "Of course I am," she said with a smile, pouncing on her sister suddenly, although she kept it gentle and without too much energy. "I've already signed up, in fact. I can't wait to go catch frogs and run across the swamp! What about you Kin? Are you going to play in the games, or are you just coming to watch?" she asked her sister.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:43 am
    This was about as energetic as Kin became, except for the rare occasion. She liked when Kati understood, because usually the other girl was understanding of Kin's lack of energy. Her sister catered to her needs, playing softly and slowly and not being all rough and tumble.

Kin grunted as the other girl flopped on her, and shifted so she could roll onto her side and paw at Kati's face a bit. She was still purring, a yawn stretching out her small jars. "I think I'll just end up watching." She mumbled sleepily, then grinned. "I'll be rooting for you though Kati!"

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

YourxStarlessxEyes

Dapper Dabbler

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:17 pm
Lethrossen
Sorry for the wait!

Kati smiled as her sister batted her face. She smushed her own paw lightly into the other's cheek. "Well, that'll be exciting, too!" the cub replied as she rolled off her sister.
"I'll do even better, then, if you're there cheering me on! Everyone else will probably show up, too," the girl mused, as she started chewing on her Kin's ear softly. "It'll be awesome!" she declared confidently.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:48 pm
    "I think so too." She replied, it was obvious that she was very sleepy. She batted at her sister sluggishly, whining a little. "Cmon Kati, don't chew!" She breathed out, but a small chuckle that accompanied the breath said she wasn't mad.

Her tail flicked and she shut her eyes, wiggling slightly to get comfortable. "Wan'nap?" She mumbled, barely audible. She was already sinking into a deep slumber though.

end

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas