Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:07 pm
This is a working progress, but I do believe I have all the generic powers set in stone. They do fall into two different categories at the moment, but I'm not sure if it will make so much of a difference. I may make a rule where when you start, you can choose 2 powers, 1 from each. Or 2 powers, from any. Or even, just 1 power. I haven't hammered out all the rulings yet.

But as you progress, you will be able to level up, and strengthen current powers, or select new powers. More powers, mean more options. But stronger focusing powers is also a very good thing. Since most powers start out kinda... Flaky. Again. Working on it still. But here's the list. Remember, it's very generic. What they look like, where they shoot from, it's all up to you.

Offensive Powers:
- Super Strength (Also covers super jump)
- Energy/Sonic Blast
- Element Control (Fire, Water/Ice, Ground/Metal)
- Power Drain (HP, MP, Powers)
- Physical Mutations (Claws, Wings, Extra arms)
- Weapon Mastery (Swords, Guns, ect)

Passive/Defensive Powers:
- Telepathy
- Telekinesis/Flying
- Teleporting
- Super Speed
- Transformation/Shape Shifting
- Super Intelligence
- Healing/Regeneration
- Genetic Mutation/Pheromones (Buffing and Debuffing)
- Intangible

Again, understand that most powers are rather different, and all start kind of lacking. Even some start worse, like Telepathy and Healing, but have the greatest turn out in the end. But you don't always want to be a one trick pony. You'll be facing other mutants as well, and they may have the slip on you at times.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:20 pm
Another thing I'm working on in this, is a Tier System for the powers. Each level, you'll be given Gene Points, you distribute through your character. I have not established how much yet, or how much will cost. But the cost of everything shouldn't effect me showing you how the Tier System works.

Each Power will have 5 Tiers. And within each Tier, it will have 3 Power Trees to place your points. As the Tiers get higher, the more points it will cost, obviously.

Tier 1 is unlocked at Level 1.
Tier 2 is unlocked at Level 5.
Tier 3 is unlocked at Level 10.
Tier 4 is unlocked at Level 15.
Tier 5 is unlocked at Level 20.

Now, for an example, I will be using Elemental Control - Fire. (Also, note, that these Tier powers may not be how they will be in the final version.)

Tier 1-

-Fire Melee-
-Fire Creation-
-Fire Taunts-

Now, each tree will have an amount of increases (5) to be placed it them. Be it better creation abilities with Fire Creation, no longer needed fire around. Or harder hitting with Fire Melee.

Tier 2-

-Fire Weapons-
-Fire Blasts-
-Fire Control-

As the Tiers increase, so does the ability of the Fire usage. Now, instead of just one's hands, they can create a sword out of fire. Or actually shoot balls of fire, or control it around corners. Each tree continues from the last Tier's tree. But does not mean that those Trees have to be filled. You can use, and level them however you like.

But remember, just as the higher Tiers cost to level. They also cost more to use. So having a few strong low level skills will never hurt.  

Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Another concept I am working on will be melding powers together.

Powers can easily be used hand in hand, throw fire and fly away. But some powers, especially the destructive ones, can be used together even better. Using them like this can have many different turn outs. Maybe a Fire-nado. Or something huge.

Again, it's just a thought, but I like the idea, and always have, of mixing powers. I just need to think out a few ideas on how to control it in a DnD environment.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:42 pm
Demonic Dream
Another concept I am working on will be melding powers together.

Powers can easily be used hand in hand, throw fire and fly away. But some powers, especially the destructive ones, can be used together even better. Using them like this can have many different turn outs. Maybe a Fire-nado. Or something huge.

Again, it's just a thought, but I like the idea, and always have, of mixing powers. I just need to think out a few ideas on how to control it in a DnD environment.

I'm thinking Fable 3 would be a great reference for this idea.  

Chazzzzz

Tipsy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:45 pm
Even though that was a terrible game. That was the one thing I really enjoyed from it. But not simply just that.

Of course it could run the course on your MP, the combinations could really be good.

Like Super Speed and Flying. Or Weapon Mastery with Elemental Controls. And Healing with Power Drain, could really boost the abilities with those.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:19 am
I know that Super Jump seems like it would fit in with Super Strength, but we don't have to take that if we don't want to, right? One of my concepts was Super Strength - Teleport.

And for Super (Attributes), are you going to actually make those a class? As a thought, why not just increase your stat by 5 or so for taking it? Like Super Strength gives you +5 Str, Super Reflexes +5 Dex, etc. You're probably thinking that's broken right now, but yeah, isn't it supposed to be?

Are their classes at all, actually? You could just make a giant number of talents and let us take them free-will. Of course, you could have pre-reqs and things.

And what about super invulnerability? Where does that fall in?  

Tolias Sharp

3,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 am
No classes. Purely feats, skills, and Powers. And even though Super Jump falls into Super Strength, it's only in one of the trees. So you do not have to take/upgrade it's ability.

As for Super Invulnerability. It would fall under Physical Mutation. In the sense of Absorbent skin, like the Blob.

As for adding to the Str mod. I have other things around that. The Powers add to it, but I dont want it to do purely that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:23 pm
Talent Ideas (Mainly for Super Strength)
Heft 1 = You can lift any object Large or smaller with no Strength check.
Heft 2 = You can lift any object Huge or smaller with no Strength check.
Heft 3 = You can lift any object Gargantuan or smaller with no Strength check.
Heft 4 = You can lift any object Colossal or smaller with no Strength check.
Improved Intimidate = You're a menacing hulk of muscle and fury. Select a target and have him make a saving throw (10 + your Strength modifier + 1/2 your hero level). If he fails the check he becomes afraid (-2 attack bonus) and will only attempt to attack (or flee from) you. This effect lasts for 1d4 + Str mod rounds and cannot effect the same target again until the end of the encounter.
Awesome Blow = As a full round action, you can choose to make an overpowered melee attack against a target. Your target is pushed back a number of feet equal to the damage just dealt to him. Reflex DC 15 to land safely at the end of the movement. If target is unable to move the required distance, he hits the object he encountered and takes 1d6 extra damage before falling prone in the closest legal square.
Super Lunge = As charge, but increase the attack bonus to +4 instead of +2.
Crush = You can try to crush a successfully grappled target as a full round action. Make a melee touch attack against the target. The target must roll a fortitude save (DC equal to the damage dealt) or become fatigued from suffocation for the rest of the encounter, in addition to taking the damage.
Super Throw = Increase the range of anything you throw by 15 feet.
Junk Master = Nothing you throw is an improvised weapon.

How about theses?! I'd like a few of them myself.  

Tolias Sharp

3,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:53 pm
While some of these are decent ideas, Brian. Our Tier Trees cover most of this, and plenty more.

Also, Lift a 'random sized' object with no strength check? Bullshit. You should always have a check. We're not making this into SW all over again.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:46 am
To let others know the progress we've made. We've made Tiers for:

- Element Control: Fire
- Super Strength
- Teleporting
- Telepathy
- Super Speed
- Energy Control

The rest of the Element Controls are easy enough to come up with, and I should have them done soon. The one I'm not looking forward to doing is Physical Mutation. Since it involves many different abilities. So I may have a Tree for each kind of mutation, and players can decide how they form. So, you are ABLE to have Multiple Arms or Claws or whatever all together. OR you can just have one of them. And Focus on that Tree.

So far, I have just decided the Tiers. I have not worked on each individual Tree Levels. I.E. How much each levels up. But I am working on it. And the tiers are outlining how the trees will work anyway. So it shouldn't be hard.

I rather get the outline, i.e. Tiers, done first.  

Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:32 pm
Surprisingly enough, thanks to my random insomnia, I was able to file out the point system that will be given each level, AND the costs of each level up of powers. Should work pretty great. I'll put it up once I've completed everything.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:09 am
In addition to the other powers completed the last few nights, the new list of fleshed out powers are:

- Element Control: Water/Ice/Storm
- Element Control: Earth/Metal
- Super Strength
- Teleporting
- Telepathy
- Super Speed
- Energy Control
- Healing/Regeneration
- Shape Shifting/Transformation
- Power Drain
- Weapon Mastery

All that I have left to work on is:

- Physical Mutations (This will be the most annoying)
- Telekinesis/Flying
- Super Intelligence
- Intangible
- Genetic Mutation

I think I have my work cut out for me. So, any questions, feel free to ask!  

Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

ChileMuffin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:14 pm
Demonic Dream
In addition to the other powers completed the last few nights, the new list of fleshed out powers are:

- Element Control: Water/Ice/Storm
- Element Control: Earth/Metal
- Super Strength
- Teleporting
- Telepathy
- Super Speed
- Energy Control
- Healing/Regeneration
- Shape Shifting/Transformation
- Power Drain
- Weapon Mastery

All that I have left to work on is:

- Physical Mutations (This will be the most annoying)
- Telekinesis/Flying
- Super Intelligence
- Intangible
- Genetic Mutation

I think I have my work cut out for me. So, any questions, feel free to ask!

So I'm to assume that Air is put into the Water element since storms and stuff can be conjured?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:06 pm
Yeah, that's the most air control I think I'm gonna put it. Only so much one can do with air, in my opinion.  

Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

ChileMuffin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:36 pm
Okie dokie that works for me.  
DnD

Manage Your Items