Liev couldn't believe himself. Just couldn't believe it! He was still thinking about her! /Why/? What had made that conversation so drastically better that it wouldn't get out of his head?! ...... It had to be the apples. Yes. That was it. Not the mare. It was just the apples she had offered for lunch. The stallion did like apples. Convinced that he had finally figured out his problem, the natural patterned male lumbered out of his home clearing and began his daily wandering. The forest always had something new in it to see. Maybe he'd find some apples of his own, then you could forget about Molly and just... Just think of his own damn apples.

Molly had not been out of her nest long. Scarlet would not be visiting today, the journey would be a strain on her swolen belly, what with it hanging so low to the ground. Molly thought her daughter looked quite comical as she was, wadling from place to place with this strange tumor. Molly chuckled to herself. All and all a satisfactory day. The only thing that could make it better was the aliviation of this damnable heat. She sighed iratley as she slipped into the shade of the forest, looking for a pond of cool water to splash around in. A swim sounded nice. She carefully pricked her ears, searching for the sound of running water. Somewhere to the west. Molly carefully picked her way throught he forest, stepping lightly over roots and snares, keeping to the more well worn paths for her terk. At last she came upon the small pond, glittering saphhire in the summer sun. Molly felt cooler just being around it. With a blissful grin she slid her fron legs into the water, wading up to her elbows before she brough her back half in just as deep. One step after another she waded deeper until the water reached above her chest, radiating cool up her back as she sighed happily.

He was looking for apple trees when Liev's ears caught the distinct sound of running water. A drink did sound nice. His throat was parched because of the summer sun, so he turned and happily started toward the watering pond. But it looked like he wasn't alone. It was her! He froze at the edge of the water, one ear flattening back. What was she doing here? The stallion let out an inaudible huff. How could he forget about her if she was here? But it was too late now, Molly had probably already seen him. Damnit.

Molly's sensitive ears caught the sound of rustling grass. At first one only swivled on her head towards the sound. However, after a moment her head turned to follow it, brown eyes doe-like in her innocent mirth. A grin spread across her face, gently crinkling her face. the water hindered her movements, so she slowly turned in a small circle to face Liev. "Hello there stranger," she chirped, eyes nearly closed with the magnitude of her smile. "It's a pleasure to see you again. Won't you come in for a dip with me?"

...... He didn't want to. ........ He didn't want to. ......... He didn't freaking want to. Liev stood there for a long moment before he nodded and silently slipped into the water, displaying a small smile. "Long time no see, hm?" The stallion asked as he slipped through the water and over to her side. It made no sense to him. She was old! She was a settle down, big family, lovey dovey mare. He.... He didn't like that type. He was an a*****e. A jerk that regularly upset people with only his stuck up, self centered attitude. And yet.... He could freaking say no to this mare. It made no sense. But none of his thoughts were displayed outward. Instead, the quilin hybrid managed to keep only his smile shown. "Escaping the heat?

Molly sense his discomfort with her. One did not live to be as old as she and not notice such things. Still, she left the subject be. If Liev really didn't want to be with her then he would leave of his own accord. Instead she only nodded to him in comfirmation. "It'd be alright if it were just hot. But it appears to be incredibly humid as well." She huffed her discontent with the weather. "And what of you? do you live around here?"

Molly sense his discomfort with her. One did not live to be as old as she and not notice such things. Still, she left the subject be. If Liev really didn't want to be with her then he would leave of his own accord. Instead she only nodded to him in comfirmation. "It'd be alright if it were just hot. But it appears to be incredibly humid as well." She huffed her discontent with the weather. "And what of you? do you live around here?"

Oh...... Liev was taken aback slightly by the mare's laughter, although he wasn't quite sure it was dislike that he felt. At least she hadn't been offended. "Well.... Don't all mothers worry?" He'd worry if something living was about to be pooped out by him. Although.... It'd be an entirely different type of worry. He watched Molly silently, his eyes betraying his wondering. If one thing was clear, it was that he did, at least to some point, enjoy the mare's company. Liev just couldn't figure out why.

"Well, I suppose yes. But she's more excited than anything else. Daytona, he's told me, has been hard pressed to get her to rest at all. She's all a twitter, fixing the new nests, collecting food, storing up on herbs and other things for the babies. She must have made each nest three times over." Molly's eyes glittered with clear amusment as she spoke. For a moment she was lost in her mind, exploring memories and concepts known only to her. After a moment a stray breeze picked up her mane, drawing her gently back to reality. "I mean of course she's worried. Like you said what mother isn't?" Molly lowered her nose to the water, stirring it gently with a grin.

He nodded along with her words before he tilted his head a little, watching Molly. "..... Sounds like the babies will be well loved. ...... Does she know how many she's having yet?" One little foal running around was going to be crazy enough, but Lieve doubted she'd have only one. He expected she'd have two or three. Molly was going to be busy helping with them. .... But what did he care?

"She expects to have three, after all she's old enough. I don't doubt her in that matter." Molly nodded as she spoke, lost again in thought, as she so often was. "I only ever had two..." There was a note of sadness to her voice as she spoke, forcing a smile. "Ah. I sometimes I wish I had more... then sometimes I am glad I only had two. It depends on the day, I suppose." The forced smile slowly turned genuine again as she spoke. "There are also days when I long for more children. Then I remember my age. I am old enough to be your grandmother. At the very least. I cannot possibly handle another child. Let alone the two or three us soquili usually bear." A small laugh at the thought died into silence.

Liev felt guilty, listening to Molly speak of wanting children. Why? He didn't know. He had never wanted children, but maybe.... Maybe that was why. The stallion slipped a bit closer and hesitantly nudged Molly's shoulder. "At least you'll have your grandkids to spoil?"

Molly almost didn't feel the touch on her shoulder. Almost. In fact it wouldn't have been feel it at all were it not for the small shock it sent through her leg, spidering electricity straight to her heart. He looked up with surprised eyes, lips slightly agape at Liev. Had he accidentally shocked her? That wasn't even possible in water. Her shock melted into confusion before vanishing with a shake of her head. "Oh... oh goodness yes. And heaven knows I do my share of them. Grandchildren... well, one that I know of, really. Molly shares my curse, I'm afraid. But I have sevreal great grand children as well. Those are the days that I am greatfull for having just Scarlet."

Liev blinked, surprised by the expression that she made when he touched her. Fearing that he had somehow upset her, the male quickly backed up a few paces. He simply nodding to what she said, consumed by his own thoughts. He had stepped across the line it seemed. She'd be mad at him now. Crap. The stallion had just meant to reassure her, but now he fretted that she might not even want to hang out with him. For some reason, the worry weighed much more heavily in his stomach than he wanted it to. "Sorry." Liev murmured, suddenly becoming very interested in his own reflection.

Another look of confusion overtook Molly's face. That was strange, almost as much so as the shock in her shoulder. "Sorry? Whatever for?" She waded over to Liev, this time ignoring the shock as she nudged the side of his face. "You haven't done anything wrong, why are you apologizing?"

This time it was Liev that looked confused. His eyes widened as he looked over at Molly at the nudge. "I just- I thought that maybe you were mad at me." He murmured softly, meeting her eyes for a moment before looking down again. ".... I didn't want that." He couldn't explain it. The thought of Molly hating him had, for some reason, really upset him. "I'm glad you're not."

Another, smaller smile graced molly's face. "Mad at you? for that little static shock?" She was still on that thoery. "That's nothing to be sorry about. It just... well... shocked me!" She giggled at her little joke lightly. "Nothing to be sorry about, Liev!"

Liev looked releived for a moment before he tried to hide it. "Oh. ..... Well.... good." He smiled softly and nudged Molly's shoulder. The stallion paused then stepped toward the shore. "I'm starting to get cold. Should we.... Maybe visit my place? It's near here. And it'd get us out of the sun."

Liev looked releived for a moment before he tried to hide it. "Oh. ..... Well.... good." He smiled softly and nudged Molly's shoulder. The stallion paused then stepped toward the shore. "I'm starting to get cold. Should we.... Maybe visit my place? It's near here. And it'd get us out of the sun."

"My place isn't as nice as your's but... It's decent, I suppose." He led her to the small clearing. A heavily overgrown tree helped to make a natural lean to that provided good shade and some leaves and a worn blanket provided a nest. "Yeah..... Like I said, not much." Liev shrugged, glancing about. "Um.... I might have some food, somewhere if you're hungry?"

Molly entered silently behind him, taking in the sight. She was not shock, nor taken aback by the humble home. After all hers was not by any means a luxury home. It was a bachelor pad, which she expected, and nothing else. Molly smiled when he spoke, answering, "I will take only what you will spare. I'm not that hungry in the first place."

Liev nodded, looking around his pathetic home. He paused before saying, a little jokingly, "At least it keeps out most of the rain." The mini glanced around before he tugged a basket of berries out from a nearby bush. "Here. I found these last night. You can have some." It wasn't much, but then, Liev wasn't the stocking up type. He prefered to just eat whatever he could find.