I know most people talk about their beloved cats, dogs, bunnies and guinea pigs, but I'm here to say goodbye to a friend who I only just met two days ago. He didn't have a fuzzy tail, or ears or paws, heck, I couldn't even be sure he was actually a male. He was only two inches long and lived in a tiny plastic box with water. It probably seems silly for a grown person to grieve over a goldfish but I wholeheartedly loved this fish and was hoping to enjoy his company for some time. I wanted him to know that someone loves him dearly, that someone wants to care for him and help him live a healthy happy life.

I honestly had not owned a fish since I was like 8 years old and I missed having the company of one. My parents are already irritated that I have 3 pets that they have to throw their money at and the thought of wanting a fish was a joke. But on the spur of the moment they decided to take me to the fair and when I got there for some reason EVERYONE had fish. Long story short, I had to have one too.

I watched Mr. Fish (had no time to even come up with a decent name) all day, his cute little face warmed my heart. But even though the water was crystal clear and free of chlorine, little did I know my little friend was suffocating right in front of me. And now it's too late.

R.I.P. Mr. Fish, I'll always love you and I'll never forget you.

Wherever you are, swimming around in an infinite pool in the sky with all the other fishies, I hope that you know that I loved you and I never meant for you to suffer.