Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Town of Chipping Clodbury ~ England Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:50 pm
Chipping Clodbury

User Image

Chipping Clodbury was a town in England. It was the site of the Chipping Clodbury Riot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:49 am
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Younger Brother☰

Coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall hadn't been doing his morning bike rides like he previously had due to daughter's addition to his life. Not that he was blaming her! He very much loved his new daughter but since reading her files and knowing exactly what made her an orphan he was hesitant to do anything that could possibly trigger any unpleasant memories. But after a few weeks he had been feeling a tad restless and after an extensive talk with Elvira (in which he found out seven year olds could successfully roll their eyes) the next morning he had his brother apparate over to spend the morning in the house while he was absent. He liked to go for his rides early in the morning usually around the time Elivra had to go to school and after detailing everything that Emmett would need to do (and writing it down because he didn't trust his brother's listening skills) he set off for a ride in his usual park. He was dressed down in a light jacket with a short sleeved t-shirt underneath along with just plain dark shorts. Niall waved to some of his familiar neighbors on his way there and once he began his usual regime he noticed that his not-really jogging partner was already doing his laps. Something lodged in his throat as he took in the handsome male and shook his head as he put on his bike helmet. Don't be ridiculous he probably didn't know he existed. Despite the fact that prior to his two week vacation he rode beside and behind him diligently and once even gave him a bottle of water. Ughh he was pathetic, but at least he could admit it. Once he had done one full lap he found himself right besides the unnamed jogger and tried to go past him without interruption when the man turned to him with a grin. "Long time no see mate!" he called out causing Niall to nearly flip off his bike in surprise and was thankful for the exercise to explain the blush spreading across his cheeks. "H-h-hi! Y-yeah! So-sorry?" he called back anxiously while the man laughed and jogged ahead of him. Smooth Hughes, nutella almond butter smooth.

{Where~ Chipping Clodbury
With~ Park people
Why~ Bike riding
Thoughts~ Merlin I'm hopeless}

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:45 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx« Rᴜʙɪɴ Aᴋsɴᴇs Eɪᴅᴇ » xx
Journalist Potioneer Owner of J Pippin's Potions Durmstrang Alumni Half-Blood Metamorphagus xxxx

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[Autumn Morning 2034]
                                                            ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxxAт тнe cυrтαιɴ'ѕ cαll, ιт'ѕ тнe lαѕт oғ αll
                                                            xxxWнeɴ тнe lιɢнтѕ ғαde oυт, αll тнe ѕιɴɴerѕ crαwl
                                                            xxxSo тнey dυɢ yoυr ɢrαve αɴd тнe мαѕqυerαde-
                                                            xxxWιll coмe cαllιɴɢ oυт αт тнe мeѕѕ yoυ мαde

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂ ▂▂ ▂

Rubin had arrived at Clodbury with an apparition, just after he took his daughter Drew to Charms School this morning. He knew she still hated him, at least that was what he usually thought, anyway. Well, he could admit that he might've deserved it. Though, after telling them, he had been feeling a bit... better compared to some weeks after the day he decided to come clean. He didn't know why, but he just felt as if his chest was getting a little less heavy. Well, the feeling was still there but it wasn't really as worse recently, was that even realistic or was it just his imagination? Rubin'll never know, anyway- he supposed what matters was that he managed to function enough to do some of his jobs, though sometimes that might or might not take a potion to do so for the time being.

Before he and Drew departed, he talked with Matteo the other day if he could be in charge with the twins this time since it was the auror's day off and Austmar had something to work at in Wales. Surprisingly, the Swede said yes and did just that by taking them to his home in Reading- the Norwegian just couldn't help but worry if Matteo really agreed or was he just pushing him, because he would feel guilty for trying to push his brothers into doing something and not being aware of it.

Apparently, as he was doing his project someone directed him to, one of the people he was interviewing with was very not helping. At all. Okay, sure, he was able to get some pieces of information and leads. But this? This Scot guy was just doing circles all over again, so Rubin had no choice but to be really assertive enough to get him to the straight point which worked in a hard way. But to be fair, that was pretty much how his job works, depending on the situation, to be frank. Deciding to take a break, he saw someone whom he didn't expect to be here, and he wasn't being cliche. Because what the hell was Hughes doing here in Codbury, to be honest? Not that he was being nosy, he was just surprised. Rubin always thought that the guy lived in Ireland at the least, or maybe Scotland, but of course someone could always just apparate here carrying a bicycle but that just sounds something that could break the Secrecy.

The metamorphagus was going to shrug it off and was reading his journal notes when he briefly glanced up to see him with some handsome guy (he could quietly admit, that jogger really did look hot). What was really funny was the healer nearly flipped off from his bike when the guy just greeted him, and Rubin was trying so hard to not laugh. So smooth, Hughes. Just. Smooth. Watching the guy jog away and ahead of Niall, the Norwegian closed his book shut and decided to just... Well, just go to him and say hi? Well, he wasn't Finnish, so it wasn't like he was going to not greet anyone he knew of on the street, right? "Hey Hughes." He said as he casually walked to the Irish, then asked him with curiosity, "Kind of surprising, don't you think? What're you doing here in Clodbury?"

▂ ▂▂ ▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Doɴ'т wαɴɴα leт yoυ dowɴ, вυт I αм нell-вoυɴdxxx
                                                            Tнoυɢн тнιѕ ιѕ αll ғor yoυ, doɴ'т wαɴɴα нιde тнe тrυтн!xxx
                                                            No мαттer wнαт we вreed, we ѕтιll αre мαde oғ ɢreedxxx
                                                            Tнιѕ ιѕ мy ĸιɴɢdoм coмe, тнιѕ ιѕ мy ĸιɴɢdoм coмe...xxx

ᙎITᕼ [Niall] ᗩT [Codbury Park]

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >
                                                            out of character

Yukina101

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:52 pm
User Image
User Image

Coming out of my cage
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

After his short biking circuit, and running into the jogger about three more embarrassing times, Niall finally pulled off to the side of the path and dug into his knapsack for his bottled water and took a healthy swing from it. He wiped some of the sweat from his face with the back of his steadily cooling hand and took off his helmet to ruffle the sweaty dark locks and was thinking of whether he should go straight home or ride to his favorite cafe for a morning pick-me-up before showering for work when someone came into his peripheral vision startling him with a "hey hughes." As his heart rate went back to normal he noticed that it was actually just Rubin, which begged to question how and why the man was even there in the first place. Didn't he live in London? He just scoffed as the man asked him, him!, what he was doing in Clodbury like he knew all there was to know about the town. "Surprising isn't even half of it." Niall responded dryly scratching lightly at his cheek. "And as you can probably see, I was riding my bike. I like to do it in the morning for exercise and to sorta clear my head before work." he told the potioneer with a slight shrug. "What are you doing out here if you don't mind my asking? I don't really know if there are any potion ingredients blooming or living around here." he asked honestly. From what he knew Chipping was primarily muggle but he was sure that hadn't stopped some witches or wizards of the past to hide a random fungi, herb, or special speckled lizard population within it.

With~ Park people
Why~ Bike riding

Choking on your alibis
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:35 am
Journalist Potioneer Owner of J Pippin's Potions Durmstrang Alumni Half-Blood Metamorphagus xxxx

[Autumn Morning 2034]

The Norwegian waited for the healer to stop from his ride before he could approach him, after all, no one wants a broken foot in case he accidentally ran through him. Not that it was going to happen, he expected that Niall wasn't an idiot even if he could see just now about how awkward that nerd was. Look at Ivar, his little brother was sometimes seen as an airheaded goofball when really, he was just as witty as Matteo. Though, Rubin found it rare to see him wearing a pair of shorts because so far all he could recall was him wearing either jeans or slacks (he could be wrong), but he could maybe admit that he thought Niall looked okay in an athletic attire.

Right when Niall responded back, Rubin could have sworn he sensed a dry and seemingly snarky tone from the guy. He should probably know that certain tone by now, since one of his siblings was full was just full of snark and dryness. He raised an eyebrow when Niall implied that this situation wasn't really half surprising, "Oh, is it?" He dryly asked, then he asked with sincere curiosity and slight humor, "If that's the case, then which adjective would you use, then?" He was just asking, as a light joke. Or maybe, a combination of curious small talk(?) and dry humor? To be blunt, he didn't think Niall was someone to take a joke lightly in his opinion. However, Rubin was going to be so disappointed in the guy's lack of humor and social skills if it didn't end well.

The journalist just nodded their head and let a 'hm' sound in acknowledgement, resisting the urge to roll his eyes when the Irish explained about the whole point of going here as if stating the obvious because yes, Rubin could totally see that he was riding a bike. That wasn't really the answer he was looking for, though. "I see, I think that explains a lot." Rubin nodded and commented as he assumed that Mind Healers really needed something to cool their head off before going to work, which asked the question if his session was just really skewed but he would like to think that there had to be much worse than that. Hopefully.

"Nah, I'm not here as a potioneer." He answered in a matter-of-fact tone, though he couldn't honestly see why he would he do stuff like that when he could always buy ingredients in either Deathcap or S&J. "Though, I think I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few hiding here somewhere. Since, well, I read that the Clodbury Riot occurred here- If there's a possibility that such a riot regarding goblins and wizards happened here, then I guess someone hiding a mandrake can happen." He shrugged, sounding a bit uncertain about his theory. Rubin wasn't an herbologist nor a gardener, after all.

Anyway, back to the question, Rubin finally answered, but he also couldn't help but blink at him, "I'm here as a journalist, I thought I've told you that? But anyway, yeah, I was here earlier gathering stuff for an article as per usual. Or, at least, that was what he thought. Perhaps the fact that there were times he really had to, well, you know, open up from things in sessions so he assumed that he already told Niall about it by now. Besides, he was pretty sure some people knew about him already, since he might have attracted some attention even if it wasn't really his intention. But at least it was nice to hear some people actually paying attention to his articles. Looking up to glance at the passerby jogger who nearly flipped out Niall earlier from the distance, he couldn't help but make an amused smile, something he thought he hadn't done for a while. "He looks striking, don't you think?" He asked, 50% teasing and 50% not-really-joking; since Rubin could admit that he was pretty good-looking. Well, who didn't?

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >
                                                            sorry for the crappy post 8'D tell me if there's anything i had to fix

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:18 pm
User Image
User Image

Coming out of my cage
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Though he normally wasn't self-conscious with the way he dressed Niall couldn't control the his small fidget as he watched Rubin peruse his attire. He didn't normally wear shorts as part of his casual wear because his legs reminded him of two hairy skeletons but the first time he had tried biking in athletic joggers he'd nearly passed out from all the heat he was conserving. So he compromised and wore shorts during the summer and early fall months and joggers for winter. Since he'd been biking more often his legs were a little less pale than before but not enough for him to go out and buy himself a pair of shorter cargo pants. He was also apparently still a bit self aware since the perusal made him feel slightly uncomfortable but he still didn't tell him to stop. He snorted though when the other man asked him what exactly he'd call the situation instead of surprising. "Idunno, peculiar circumstance? Especially since I thought you lived in London." Now that Niall had said it aloud it sounded rather creepy that he knew where the other man lived since, as wizards, he could live in Ireland or Wales or somewhere else and merely apparate or floo over to the store whenever. And he did have children, three of them if he remembered correctly so living above his shop was probably not an option.

The mind healer merely rolled his eyes as Rubin returned his snarky reply to why he was there with one of his own and refused to continue the circle of sass like his friends would've. Thankfully though he did actually answer his question, after rambling about the riots and how there could be potential ingredients, mentioning he was there writing an article about what he had no idea after casually mentioning that he had previously told him he was a journalist. Berk. Like he remembered every career choice of his clients. Actually he memorized a great deal of them but that wasn't the point. "That sounds interesting, though what exactly are you writing about? Nothing really happens here outside of turf wars between school mums." Niall didn't mention how he now knew first hand how vicious those things were but they thankfully avoided him for the moment since he was an apparent single father. He help no hope that this peace would last however. At Rubin's rather random question he swiveled his head around to see how exactly he was talking about and flushed scarlet when he realized it was his-the jogger from before walking past with backpack and a jaunty wave in their direction. He gave a smaller one back before giving Rubin a flat look through his embarrassment. "He's...handsome, I guess. I-I don't really look when I'm riding." he lied pointedly trying to look anywhere besides his teasing grin. Arse.

With~ Park people
Why~ Bike riding

Choking on your alibis
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:57 am

[Autumn Morning 2034]

Rubin blinked once when he caught himself perusing at Niall's attire and felt that he might've made the guy uncomfortable for doing so. For a moment, he didn't know why because he thought that there was nothing bad with wearing shorts and a hoodie. It wasn't like they were a terrible match, anyway, and he could admit that he was wearing shorts at home. However, he also thought that it might be pretty much rude to look at the outfits of people and he might've made the guy feel self-conscious, which he felt guilty about if it were true. "Oh-- um, sorry. It's just, well, I just never see you in... aside from, you know, formal-ish attire 'til now. Sorry about that. " His face slightly flushed out of awkwardness as he felt slightly embarrassed about it. "You look good and fine though, don't worry about it."

While he did quietly chuckle in amusement when the Healer referred to the situation as "Peculiar Circumstance" since he couldn't even argue with that, he felt a bit taken back when Niall thought he lived in London. Well, first, it was technically correct but that the same time, he felt a bit off-guard when someone knew where he lived even if it was probably a given since he was running a shop in Diagon Alley, but considering how he generally tries to keep himself private (until Ada pointed out that he already made a rep for just existing in the Diagon Alley, pretty inevitable)... He nodded his head awkwardly as he replied, "Well-- yeah, I do live in London. Nice, lucky guess..." First Ada knowing where his shop was, now Niall knowing where he lived. What was next? Another one of his siblings coming all the way from Norway and suddenly showing up to his loft's living room? No, he was perfectly happy with just Austmar and Matteo here in Britain, thankyouverymuch.

"Sorry, I don't actually tell people about what I'm writing. It might ruin the surprise." Rubin answered honestly, though he found the topic of school moms really funny, as evidenced when he was trying to resist from chortling behind his hand (and failed miserably, though, while he felt good after laughing, at first it stings since it's been a while). However, as a Norwegian who used to be married to a German-Brit, Rubin thought that Germans and Norwegians could beat the Brits when it comes to that topic about mothers. "That made my day, care to share what makes you say so? I'd love to hear it." Rubin asked, still smiling from amusement, "Though, still, I think you should see how scary Nordic moms can be." He should know, his mor was from Iceland, and Rubin refused to talk how vicious she could be when she fights with... his paternal pureblooded relatives.

Oh well, at least she has reason and a good amount of patience unlike someone. Otherwise, his mor wouldn't have been a potioneer since, you know, potioneers were expected to be patient and all of that.

Rubin looked at the direction the other man was looking just to see who exactly he was talking about, and good, he did see it. He could just see Niall face and just want to smirk, this was really funny to watch. When Niall went back to him the Norwegian could not help but raise an eyebrow when Niall stammered into saying that yeah, the jogger looked hot, but he seemed to detect the lie about "not looking when he's riding". "Sure, Niall." He said, nodding in what seemed to be a sarcastic sort of nod, "I believe you." That was pretty much his usual response when someone made an obvious fib to his face, aslo saying so would probably get the person to admit it in the last second. It was kind of proven if you ask him.

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >
                                                            ooc

Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:28 pm
User Image
User Image

Coming out of my cage
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall felt just the tiniest bit of smugness when for once Rubin looked uncomfortable as he apologized for his staring mentioning that he only ever saw him in his work clothes. Which was true enough if they never mentioned that horrid first meeting, which he won't. Ever. The smug he felt though evaporated the moment he also mentioned that he looked "good and fine" replacing it with an almost exhausting amount of embarrassment and he was pretty sure his face would never return to his normal hue beneath the blush. This was terrible, horribly awfully terrible. He was pretty sure he wasn't allowed to flush like some awestruck schoolboy when one of his clients complimented him. Especially one of his bluntest male clients! He minutely shook his head to try and rid any further worrisome thoughts and just tuned back in to hear the other man answer his earlier question about his article. He rolled his eyes at his answer wanting to call it pretentious but kept his mouth shut because he was sure the rather a**l way he had of doing his own work could be considered pretentious as well. Plus he wasn't sure if it was allowed to call one's client pretentious even if you weren't technically in a healer/patient type setting. Niall's eyes widened a bit though at hearing Rubin's laughter at his semi-serious telling of suburban mothers and their turf wars asking for more information on the matter as well as offering up that Nordic mothers can be just as scary. "Yes well, Nordic mothers have viking heritages and ceremonial axes, these women are football mums and have flash bake sales. They even cornered me when I was picking up my daughter." He shuddered remembering the way two especially scary mothers had cornered him just last week and practically twisted his arm to have him sign up a dessert for he and Elvira to sell in a few months time. Months! Who did that?! He was just about to open up about that traumatic experience when of course Rubin ruined it by calling his bluff about not looking while riding and huffed a tad petulantly. "Whatever, it-it doesn't really matter." he puffed out watching as the man walked into the distance (he really never noticed if the man just caught bus to the park or actually lived somewhere nearby) with a small shaking head. There was no way he was single and even if he were there was no way he'd be single and interested in Niall. Especially not after he brought up his job and the fact that he became a father on whim.

With~ Park people
Why~ Bike riding

Choking on your alibis
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:42 am

[Autumn Morning 2034]

Rubin wasn't sure anymore if he made him feel worse given the very red face Niall was wearing right now, in which part of him thought that what he said might be perceived as borderline creepy. Ugh, nooo, the last time he needed in his miserable life was someone thinking of him as some weird creep. Just great, how were they going to handle any future sessions, now that he was just thinking of it? Biting his lip of being unsure of what he should say, he looked away from him out of awkwardness as he adjusted his hat, a habit he always had every time he was in a muggle community (and apparently, even in the wizarding communities) lest that his rare ability might suddenly perk up and accidentally break the Statute of Secrecy, even if he would like to believe that he could put his metamorphagus ability in control when it comes to making his hair color stay in one color for a long duration of time. Well, sometimes he did have it on good control, sometimes he could slip... And that was the problem-- in fact, his hair was starting to show some highlights of red-violet and he was being unaware of it due to his semi-short hair (Or, at least, that was how he define short hair, anyway).

"What's with football mothers with their flash bake sales of all things? Not that I'm complaining, I just can't see why's it a big deal. Are they just... making a contest of who has the best desserts?" It was been so long since he lived in a wizard-muggle community in Catchpole, then had to move to a very wizarding place in Diagon due to personal conflict. He felt bad for laughing though when Niall admitted that said mums cornered him for some unknown reason, whatever the reason was it was probably not good, "But... That's terrible, why the hell would they try to corner you---" Wait a second, did the guy just said something that Rubin didn't think he heard it correctly at first?! He said in a surprised tone, uncertain which series of words he should really put, "Waitasec, you... you have a daughter?" He was going to say that Niall barely looked thirty to have a child, then realized that Rubin actually has Dagrun and Donner at age... He couldn't remember the precise... He guessed he was around twenty-four or something? Regardless, that would sound really hypocrital of him.

He chuckled behind his hand as the other guy huffed and told him off that it didn't really matter, but still, it wasn't like Rubin was going to judge him for having a crush on a hot guy or something. "Easy now, you're probably not the only one who thinks he's hot so I won't judge. " The potioneer pointed out and just shrugged, though he wasn't actually looking for anyone or whatever. He didn't think he had the time for that; and even if he did he was just going to feel wary about it, wondering if they're just gonna leave and go. Call him cliche, but he just didn't want to experience another one again and feel like he was a hopeless clingy romantic, besides he was pretty sure he was better off not finding one anyway. Clearing this throat as if shaking off the melancholy because he didn't want to sour up someone's morning with his personal conflict. Maybe going to a bookstore or a cafe could solve it? "So... Anyway, do you happen to know a nearby cafe here or something, maybe a tea shop? I was thinking of, well, have somewhere to relax, I guess? Not that you're stressful to talk with or anything, you're okay. I just have a stressful morning, I guess? I dunno, maybe semi-stressful?"

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >
                                                            ooc

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:48 pm
User Image
User Image

Coming out of my cage
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall looked over Rubin curiously as he seemed to fidget seemingly embarrassed with something, what he really didn't know considering he hadn't done anything to cause it. He was pretty sure at least seeing as of the both of them he should be the one still fidgeting what with his stares and random comments about his semi-professional attire. Which shouldn't make him uncomfortable seeing as even his closest friends made comments on it but he really didn't want to go too deep into that sort of thinking, especially surrounding a client. Thankfully though the metamorphagus went back to the safe topic of football mums and their bake sales apparently not understanding the cold dark world of boosters and fundraising. "Ok so, the fact that you can ask something like that without shuddering pretty much shows how often you're around those sorts of mothers. They're territorial, competitive monsters who's only goal is to one up the other women in their carpool. It's complete madness I assure you." Niall told him straight-faced. He tried to control his facial expression as the man expressed surprise at hearing he had as daughter, especially considering he had sort of done the same when he heard of his three children, but he couldn't surprise the almost smug smirk from eventually spreading across his lips. "Yes, she's seven." was all he offered since he didn't want to tell more but also because unless he changed times he'd probably never meet her. He tried to keep her away from her offices unless there was no one else to babysit and usually that was only due to his special need clients such as his client that proposed that the suns rays were actually made by the ministry to place thoughts and suspicions in their minds and of course Virgil. Though Virgil was by far in a better place than the former client. By far.

Niall was actually about to use his daughter as an excuse to cut out of the awkward conversation about the attractive jogger but he was sidetracked by him instead asking if there was a cafe around because he was stressed about something. A large part wanted to ask what he was stressed about but as he opened his mouth he realized it could technically be weird to talk about it without them in his office, but then again he had come to him first out in the open so..did that make them friends? Friendly acquaintances maybe? He and Rick were friends, sorta, and yet he still saw him on a semi-regular basis so, it was definitely possible. "Well there's a Starbucks just down the street but that's not really less stressful, especially this time in the morning. If you're willing to walk there's this whole in the wall breakfast cafe about two blocks beyond the park that makes the best nutella muffins I've ever encountered and they make great coffee." Niall told him just slightly exuberant. Nutella muffins were the greatest baking accomplishment in his mind and that cafe did them so perfectly he could weep with no consequence.

With~ Park people
Why~ Bike riding

Choking on your alibis
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:35 pm

[Autumn Morning 2034]

Rubin couldn't help but rolled his eyes when the man went on to say more about how scary those muggle moms could be. He wasn't planning to top off him, but, he recalled some of those pretentious parents he encountered when he was picking up his daughter Drew in Charms School and judged over his appearance as if he didn't pass their so-called "parent look" requirements. Like, what was wrong with him wearing leather boots and earcuffs, anyway? He has good taste in fashion, and just because he was a parent didn't mean he would abandon his taste. There was one time this parent pointed about his hair color and he had to inform her that he was a metamorphagus, then she went up to tell him to tone it down- He told her that she should mind her own business. Which begged the question if those snots counted in the football mum category, he would assume that it pretty was. "I could imagine..." He said, "It must be either those pretentious parents I've encounter in Charms School everyday count as football mums, or my standards of intimidation were just skewed to hell that I just didn't notice. Take your pick."

Blinking his hazel eyes once in surprise when Niall informed him that his daughter was seven years old, and again, he looked abit too young to have a kid. Unless the kid was adopted, then sure. On the other hand... "Well that was something... My daughter Drew turned eight last May." And by 'May' he meant "The day before all this trainwreck happened to show that I kinda am a shitty-a** parent" more than the "Her birthday is literally May the Fourth". Good times, he thought very sarcastically.

He was subtly prepared to say "It's nothing" the moment Niall opened his mouth, but was relieved that he didn't ask anything about the cause of his stress. He wasn't sure if he should even tell him about the fact that his three kids were either lashing out or giving him a cold when they were very not in the session, that would just ruin Niall's morning, right? Not to mention his annoyance towards the Scotsman he was doing an interview with. Ugh. About his suggestion that going to Starbucks wasn't really that stress-relieving. Pushing back some stray red-violet strands to the back of his ear, he sighed, "What can you do? I slept pretty late last night..." He responded with a shrug, though he was slightly taken back when the other man suggested that there was a breakfast cafe, rather cheerfully than Rubin could see. That was funny, because usually Niall was either the snarky sassy one, the annoyed one, the nervous one, or somewhere in between. "I don't mind walking, I like walking and sight-seeing." He told him, with a small cordial smile, "And the fact that you sound really sure about the muffins, I'll take the latter. Unless... they have nuts or peanuts on it- I'm actually allergic to those."

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >
                                                            ooc

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:36 pm
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Father of One☰

In '85,
Tuesday morning,
Came alive,
I didn't know ya
Route 66 is gone,
And Reagan's here,
It won't be long

Niall felt awkward with the top buttons of his shirt left undone. Well, if he was honest his awkward meter was already at an all time high so really, the buttons should barely register. It still didn't stop him from fiddling with them as he walked the block towards the cafe he asked Rubin to meet him at. He was dressed slightly more casual than the other man was probably used to seeing him, barring that one time at the park, and of course their disastrous first meeting. But he hadn't wanted to show up in his usual business attire so he had consulted with Ada who helped put his current outfit together. She was also the one who instructed him to wear the top buttons undone so that he could wear his current necklace, which was also adding to his current awkward levels, thanks for noticing. His chosen neckwear would've been a tie but again, he was trying for casual, and the necklace had caught his eye a few weeks prior when back to school shopping with Elvira. He wondered briefly if Rubin would notice, then flushed in embarrassment for even wondering or even hoping for wondering if he would and then nearly turned around because how in God's green Earth was he supposed to sit through an entire brunch with this man. But he was the one who asked him so it'd be rude to just not show up. Plus he wanted to prove that they were indeed some sort of friends without the needed therapy excuse. Which hadn't been an excuse before! It had just been the crux, maybe not crux...beginning? Beginning of their friendship. Niall smacked his cheeks lightly hoping that he could use the sun as an excuse for his flushed cheeks before looking and seeing that he had finally made it to the cafe. He chose a seat by the window hoping that he would be easily spotted and while he waited ordered a vanilla chai. Hopefully it would help calm him before Rubin arrived.

With~ Rubin
Why~ .......
Thoughts~ WhatamIevendoing}

Nintendo comes,
Live Aid, too,
Back to the Future
Where were you,
While I spent all my days
In Catholic school?

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:06 am
                                            Now days, they've been better, I sleep even deader
                                            I wake up when everyone's gone
                                            Just give us a touch, and let me down slow
                                            Just let me know, if this is some kind of life-
                                            Or something else?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rυвιɴ Aĸѕɴeѕ Eιde x
                                            Journalist & WriterJ Pippins Potions ShopkeeperDurmstrang AlumHalfblood Metamorphagusxxxxx

「 Autumn 2036 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rubin was honestly surprised when once upon a time, that one certain Irishman sent them an invitation about going out with him in a cafe at Clodbury. They weren't one to complain, not really, the Norwegian was honestly glad because they could use a break from all the stories they were supposed to write, as well as the potion business in Diagon Alley. One thing to note, Rubin was, according to Niall, on some fast track of recovery from 'long-term bullshit'. But then again, staying in their parents' house at Norway helped them actually decompress properly from all the stress the potioneer had to manage. Rubin's father Marleiv was surprisingly understanding after hearing their problems. Their mother Kristborg, on the other hand, was threatening about going on a fight with their ex-wife Anika like some typical Icelandic viking mother, but Rubin simply just shook their head saying that it would only cause a feud given that Anika's parents were kind of solemn and probably won't tolerate "thoughtless barbaric violence" especially since they don't seem to like him.

But then, Rubin, while brutally honest and has no love lost for Anika nowadays, was actually nonviolent by nature. And having those feuds will only force the journalist to swear not to set foot in the Auror department ever again.

Bottom line was, they did accepted Niall's invitation, but Rubin was starting to have this nervous sensation in their chest, which wasn't there when they were at home dressing up for the outing. However, like their youngest daughter, they chose to shun that undesired feeling to the corner. They don't want it to ruin the day, nor hinder their... friendship with Niall. It felt weird calling it a friendship though with that 'therapy excuse' thrown out the window since July, Rubin felt that they shouldn't think of it as weird now that they're just back into being no-longer-petty normal wizards at each other. Right?

They apparated somewhere in town, then decided to take a walk to the cafe along the way. Rubin wasn't a fan of apparating right to the spot, as it would simply just ruin all the fun of appreciating outdoors (and breaking the Statute of Secrecy). Their outfit was simple, wearing a black shirt over their army green loose-fitted coat paired with the usual boots and dark jeans. They have a beanie worn over their bright red hair, the same shade when them and Niall met at their shop. The day they first met was quite embarrassing, Rubin recalled, but it couldn't be more embarrassing when they pissed off Niall resulting a slightly bruised hand. They weren't proud of what they said to him, even if the reason was probably them going through the Anger stage of handling their long-term grief as a divorcee that they ended up being unnecessarily tactless.

Finally arriving at the cafe itself, they looked through the windows trying to find the Irishman. Rubin finally spotted Niall sitting at the table beside the window and they could not help but feel like they should take a second glance. He wasn't in his usual formal attire like James Bond, which was the type of outfit Rubin was so used seeing in a daily basis. Niall looked surprisingly good in that shirt, though they tried not to blink when they spotted his necklace. Weird, they had not recalled the man wearing neckwears aside from ties. But then, necklaces can be hidden, anyway, so that could be the case. "Hello," Rubin finally greeted with a smile as they took a seat. "Nice necklace, really. How long have you been hiding that under your dress shirt?" Now, they were asking this out of full curiosity, not in an attempt to snark. Besides, they were too busy keeping that specific feeling at bay to do so.

with [Niall] at [Cafe in Clodbury]

SINGLEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Cauldrons » xxxxx
                                            ooc

Die just a little, we try just a little
                                            Let's meet in the middle and wait
                                            Or maybe you won't? I'm boring you don't
                                            You're sad and magical, he says you're beautiful
                                            I think you're beautiful, too

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:14 am
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Father of One☰

In '85,
Tuesday morning,
Came alive,
I didn't know ya
Route 66 is gone,
And Reagan's here,
It won't be long

Niall had just taken a sip of his chai when Rubin finally arrived and hastily wiped the residue off his top lip before offering a returning smile. Before he could respond however he pinked as the first thing they noticed was his necklace and asked if he normally wore it. Of course they would. He knew he'd notice. "Hello and uh, not long? I actually found it a few weeks ago and I just never had the idea to wear it until now." he tried to explain nonchalantly while hoping his stupid flush would evaporate. "I ordered a tea while I while I was waiting, I hope you don't mind. I don't really know what teas or coffees you like so I sorta didn't get you anything to drink. B-but I did order a small plate of their biscuits though! They're these flaky, sweet, and small enough that they don't really ruin your appetite and they're great for dunking and um, I'm just, going to stop talking about them, yeah." Niall finished lamely running a hand nervously through his hair. Thank Merlin Ada was a sunlight intolerant and couldn't stalk this thing or he'd never live it down. Though honestly it's not like she wasn't going to get the details from him sooner or later. He'd just prefer the latter. "How are you? Elvira told me Drew's back at school already, how are her and the other's?" he asked curiously trying to keep the limelight off of him.

With~ Rubin
Why~ .......
Thoughts~ WhatamIevendoing}

Nintendo comes,
Live Aid, too,
Back to the Future
Where were you,
While I spent all my days
In Catholic school?

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:55 pm
                                            Now days, they've been better, I sleep even deader
                                            I wake up when everyone's gone
                                            Just give us a touch, and let me down slow
                                            Just let me know, if this is some kind of life-
                                            Or something else?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rυвιɴ Aĸѕɴeѕ Eιde x
                                            Journalist & WriterJ Pippins Potions ShopkeeperDurmstrang AlumHalfblood Metamorphagusxxxxx

「 Autumn 2036 」

"I see," Rubin nodded, after quietly listening to his 'fashion woes' about how to wear the necklace, "Casual shirts do justice for those, if you ask me. Though, leaving some of those buttons undone works well, too." 'Wait- that sounded wrong...' Rubin turned red when they felt like they were implying something, which was not their intention! "I-I mean..." They stammered, trying to match some words to save themself, "What I mean is- Well, you did a great job and um... You look really good today, that's all. Just saying." Well, friends CAN compliment each other! They did it before with Ada even if she was a married-arse woman, same goes to Magni who was married to the person he stalked a long time ago. Rubin has to stop thinking that Niall would take this the wrong way.

Why the hell were they nervous anyway? They're friends and Rubin has been open to Niall for a long time, they shouldn't have any issues about this at all. Right? But whatever, their sister Arnbjorg wasn't here and that's all that matters, otherwise Rubin will never live it down.

"So, anyway... thanks for the biscuits." He said with a small smile, taking the opportunity to cling on the new topic about food, "I'm not exactly picky about drinks, but I usually prefer coffee- especially cappuccino and caf mocha. I'm okay with any tea, but I've taken a liking to milk tea." They shrugged before taking one of the biscuits in the place. "And well, I think you already know that I'm allergic to peanuts so... That's already a given that I don't like them." That was more of a warning than anything else, but the fact that his daughter Drew was complaining about how they don't have peanut butter in their loft... That was one of the things Rubin struggled between bursting her bubble or not, except their life span depended on it so they did.

The metamorphagus chortled when the man decided to just say that he'll just stop his rambling, but then Rubin has always found Niall as someone humorous- but less annoying compared to their younger sisters. Ugh, they still hate Reidun and Ragna for being such pranksters, and they're damn glad that those two demons were in Northern Norway doing their crimes together. Otherwise, Rubin would feel extremely sorry for their parents. "As for mine..." They started after eating the first biscuit, "I dunno, I feel at ease after those six months, I suppose? But my sister's being a menace as usual, but I think you already know that, and well..." They have this thoughtful look as they twisted their new ring worn on their index finger. "My kids are well, Drew turned ten last May and was excited that soon she'll go to this Hogwarts school next year. I mean, all of our family went to Durmstrang but I guess a new school is worth a try." Besides, Rubin already assumed that their despicable half-cousins already procreated lots of despicable descendants already, and they don't want their three children to suffer the same way as their pappa. "And um, my twins are doing fine- I think Dagrun's happy about her training broom, which is good. As for Donner..." They rolled their eyes and shook their head, "Reckless as usual, but he's less oblivious than before so that's good..." Rubin swore, Dagrun must've taken a good chunk of her far's personality compared to Donner, who probably took some traits of his mother... and Austmar.

with [Niall] at [Cafe in Clodbury]

SINGLEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Cauldrons » xxxxx
                                            Edit : Sorry! Had to edit lots of errors here >.>;;

Die just a little, we try just a little
                                            Let's meet in the middle and wait
                                            Or maybe you won't? I'm boring you don't
                                            You're sad and magical, he says you're beautiful
                                            I think you're beautiful, too

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items