Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
People Try to Tell me I'm Bi.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eaker Squeaker

Chatty Codger

7,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:19 am
I've been dating my boyfriend 9 months. He's transgender, and I knew him before he started his transition. I'm 100% sure that I'm straight, but people try to tell me that dating someone with female anatomy means that I must at least be bisexual. I say no. He's still a boy no matter what his body is like. I know I'm not attracted to chicks, so I wish that people would get off my back about it. Straight girls can date transboys, they just have to be open-minded.
People still try to TELL me I'm bisexual. It isn't as bad as when we first started dating, but it still happens sometimes.

Do you think it's possible to love somebody regardless of the fact that their sex (not gender) isn't what you dig?
How can people think they have the right to TELL me my sexuality?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:50 pm
Love is not a matter of biological sex, gender, etc. It's about your individual feelings for one another. If your connection is strong, then who's to say it's not love? And people who "have the right to tell you your sexuality" are just ignorant to what's different; they do not see that there is more in this world than the mainstream.

Do whatever it takes to make YOU happy. Period.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Eaker Squeaker

Chatty Codger

7,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:02 pm
lgtenos
Love is not a matter of biological sex, gender, etc. It's about your individual feelings for one another. If your connection is strong, then who's to say it's not love? And people who "have the right to tell you your sexuality" are just ignorant to what's different; they do not see that there is more in this world than the mainstream.

Do whatever it takes to make YOU happy. Period.

Thank you for the sense making. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:06 pm
Yeah. Labels are kind of the
jerk way of grouping people
into tiny little things that honestly
don't matter. If you love them, you
love them. There is nothing else
really to it. Flesh is flesh, but love,
that's something else entirely. That's
a place where there are no labels. There
are no expectations or bars set beyond
reach. There are no standards or VIP
lists, classes or statures.

:3 I know this is just reiterating the previous
statement. But I agree. Love is love. And it
is colorful, beautiful and accepting. As for
people, they are just miserable. Let them
talk. They need labels so their small brains
can comprehend the special thing you have
going for you.

..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..

WhenTheDay-MetTheNight1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:55 pm
Yeah no I don't think your bi. Because your partner feels that they are male, and regardless of anatomy, this is how they feel, and you are dating the male them not the female them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:26 pm
Eaker Squeaker
I've been dating my boyfriend 9 months. He's transgender, and I knew him before he started his transition. I'm 100% sure that I'm straight, but people try to tell me that dating someone with female anatomy means that I must at least be bisexual. I say no. He's still a boy no matter what his body is like. I know I'm not attracted to chicks, so I wish that people would get off my back about it. Straight girls can date transboys, they just have to be open-minded.
People still try to TELL me I'm bisexual. It isn't as bad as when we first started dating, but it still happens sometimes.

Do you think it's possible to love somebody regardless of the fact that their sex (not gender) isn't what you dig?
How can people think they have the right to TELL me my sexuality?

My gf is straight and she's dating me. She is not bisexual in the least bit. She cares about my mind and how I think. I'm a complete male in my head and that's honestly what she cares about. It's fine to date someone whose sex isn't what you like as long as the gender is something you dig. Gender isn't binary.

These people have no right to tell you your sexual orientation. That is seriously offensive and stupid. You are how you are and that's final. ******** what people have to say.  

Toker Rockett

3,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:17 pm
That's pretty cool. surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:39 am
you are waht you are and no one can tell you differently  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:56 pm
well they're idiots, you're just open-minded.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games