Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:04 pm
User Image

THIS was the reason that Ammon’nen did NOT like to travel during the day! It was hot. It was bright. It was HOT. And then there was the fact that he had already been traveling since days end before, so he was tired. Sure, he and the female had stopped just as the sun was about to reach the midday sky, but the he still didn’t care! He hated being out here!

They had taken a few hours nap, not long enough for the moon to grace the land again, but long enough for the sun to just…calm down…even if it was just a little bit. Anything would help get the burning sensation off his pelt that just screamed ‘Give me the sun’s attention!’ Ammon’nen was glad when he actually had awaken this afternoon, and the lioness was still next to him. She, number one, didn’t kill him in his sleep, and two, she didn’t leave while he was asleep. A deal was a deal after all.

He rolled onto his side under the shade of a small tree, gazing to the female. Heh, what an odd predicament he had ended up in.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:28 pm
User Image

Aagiro had not been as grateful for the nap as her companion had been, though she held no knowledge of this. She had not been very tired in the first place, as she'd only just risen maybe an hour before she had the unfortunate encounter with the male. But she loathed the idea of traveling when the fire ball was highest in the sky, baring it's angry gaze down on them and near about cooking them in their pelts. That was why it was easy for her to believe stories of the desert-cats; baked alive in their own skins. So between the annoying whines of 'I'm hungry' from her companion and the more often than not back and forth bickering she had finally had enough. Luckily a larger Savannah tree had been on the horizon, and she'd made it their destination.

Shut up and sleep you badgering lump! She'd finally yelled at him when they'd reached it, and though even that had been a battle of words he had fallen asleep. She had thought about abandoning him as she sat in the still stuffy (yet still cooler) shade of the tree, but truth be told... things were a little more interesting this way. It was a little more amusing than going around by herself and stuff... even if it was hell to pay. She'd waited until he was in a deeper sleep before rousing herself and moving off to the prey she'd spotted in the distance. With any luck she would catch something, even though it was a bother to be moving about in the heat. The hunger had outweighed her need for shade and she knew that if she was feeling the lazy result of the warm air than so were her targets.

It had taken her around an hour to finally bring something down; a young zebra who probably hadn't been considered an adult for too many days yet. She'd eaten what she could then and there, having to snarl and snap at the pesky vultures that often tied to steal the spoils of a lion's hunt. After she'd finished she had torn almost a full leg from the zebra and began the tedious task of dragging it back... still, if the b*****d whined I'm hungry one more time while calling her peach or kitten or doll she might just snap. So once she'd gotten back she'd tried to stay awake, half laying on her prized meat hunk.

Sleep had overtaken her though, and she knew if they'd been in any real sort of danger she would have been roused from her sleep anyhow, light as it was. Her ears and paws twitched as her companion started to shift and rise, the slight noise enough to start bringing her from her own sleep. She blinked open weary eyes and her gaze fell upon his snowy paws before a rather annoyed look fit onto her features. She could tell it was going to be her default emotion, this trip. She pulled herself to her four paws and began to stretch out, after a moment she shoved the still good hunk of zebra at him. "Don't you even think for a damn minute of telling me to freaking hunt again today." She snapped, eyes narrowed suspiciously at him as though she suspected he might very well tell her he was hungry an hour after he was fed.

She moved a few feet away, still in the shade, and began to groom the dried blood from her paws and upper chest. Ugh, she shouldn't have fallen asleep on the messy piece of meat, it took forever to properly groom one's own chest! She didn't have that sort of time... ah, well what did she really care? Dirty and smelly she would not mind being while with Pretty boy.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:57 pm
As the piece of meat was shoved towards him, the growling in his stomach began. Oh was he hungry! He hadn’t eaten in a good few days, so any kind of hunted creature would surely be a delicacy. He quickly began to devour the flesh, some bits had already begun the decomposing process, but he didn’t care. This probably was the best damn zebra leg he had ever tasted, regardless of the slightly rotting bit underneath the striped coat. He licked his lips after each bite, savoring the taste. Something told him, however, that this wouldn’t be the last meal for days. After all, he and her had a deal. When she wanted to travel, he had to travel. When he was hungry, she needed to hunt! This was going to be a pretty fantastic situation if he could just endure the blazing sun in the day. He would definitely try to do so just for the free meals.

Once he had taken his fill, (which happened to be a lot of the muscle and tendons on the fallen zebra’s limb), he sat back, licking at his lips one last time before his stare shifted towards the lioness grooming herself. A devious thought entered his mind as he rose slowly and moved to the leopard pelted girl.

“You know, Kitten” oh yes, he did prefer that nickname out of all the previous ones he had used on her, “I could help you…you know, get the blood off them hard to reach places.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:01 pm
    At least her coat was black where most of the blood had gotten. Her toes had just taken a few more moments than normal, as well as her spotted limbs. Her chin pressed awkwardly against her throat as she lapped at the top part of her chest, growling slightly. How was it still not clean? Her ears flicked back as she heard him approach but she took her time cleaning. He could wait, clearly. Besides, didn't she have the say of when they would leave? Yes, she did! "Don't call me that." She snapped irritably between licks. But as the rest of his sentence was dreadfully spoken from his maw she froze, her tongue actually still out of her mouth and pressed against her fur mid-lick. The expression that had appeared on her face was caught halfway between disgust and disbelief. What the hell was wrong with this guy? Her head snapped toward him and despite her tendency to act tuff she was clambering to all four paws and stumbling back.

"You stay away from me!" She growled, as though the believed he meant what he was asking. She bared her teeth at him before grunting and muttering, as she seemed to be doing quite often of late. Her tail lashed as she began to walk, though her mind had already calmed and she realized he'd just been saying that to get on her nerves. She swore the next time he pissed her off she was going to take a swing at his face. She swore she would. She cleared her throat, gaze scanning over the horizon. "Well brainiac, which way?" She shot a glance over her shoulder, eyebrows quirked up in a skeptical expression implying that it didn't matter what way he said, because he probably didn't really know.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:15 pm
“Well, if I can’t call you Kitten, what can I call you? Do you like Darling better? Or maybe Honey?” He had used both those terms beforehand. Ammon’nen never did get this female’s name.

Aha! Nen two, leopard spotted lioness one! The starry pelted male was pulling ahead of this female after all! “Chill out Kitten. I was just asking that’s all.” Sure he wasn’t serious, but he continued to play the role. Seeing her flustered was the most entertaining aspect of this whole trip! “You know, if you ever need me to get those places, all you have to do is ask,” his pale silver eyes gave a wink as a broad smile lifted to his maw.

As for the navigation---Nen looked around. They had yet to even reach the mountains of the North, which would most likely be another day or two trips (and if he had any say on it, longer than that so they could travel more at night). Once there, it’d take two moons to travel through the pass, before another few days before hitting the sands.

“Umm….That way!” he pointed in the direction of a cloud shaped like a rabbit. Rabbit… “we may need to stop and get something to eat though! That cloud is making me awfully hungry!” If she hunted again, that would mean that the travels would cease again until nighttime!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:38 pm
    Her fur was bristling more with each pet name before she finally spun on her paws. "None of those!" She snapped irritably, even more pissed because she knew he was enjoying this. "I have a name!"" She shouted, frazzled. After staring at him for a few seconds, not actually offering up her name, she turned again. She was more stomping ahead than actually leisurely walking. "If you want to die, all you have to do is keeeep talking." She chirped back, irritated. She really needed to reign her anger in. Or get on equal footing with this game he was playing at... ah, now that was an idea!

Her ears flattened against her skull. They just ate. "Little princess, you're going to get fat." She spat the words, opting to throw one of his probably would-be pet names at him. She would see how he liked it. She didn't care one lick that she'd 'agreed' to hunt when he wanted as long as they traveled when she wanted. It was already conflicting, wasn't it? They couldn't very well do what she wanted while they did what he wanted! And what idiotic cloud was he even talking about? Her dark eyes flicked to the sky for a moment, scanning. Nope, they all looked like blobs to her. "Completely moronic." She muttered, shaking her head. She shifted her gait to start heading more toward the direction he'd indicated. "Does Princess always have such an appetite, or is it just that Princess has been too long away from his nurse maids who hunt constantly for him?" She actually purred out the words, her soft and sweet tone mixed deeply with sarcasm.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:53 pm
“You have a name? Well, would you be ever so kind as to grace it to me. I think you keep with-holding it because you secretly like being called Kitten, Kitten.” Well, Ammon’nen hadn’t even offered up his name, but still, she hadn’t asked. Now, if she would just be ever so polite to just give her his name, he would totally exchange the gesture willingly. Well, he’d give her a name, it didn’t necessarily mean that he would give her the correct name.

“Hey… now that fat comment was uncalled for! I’m traveling a long way with you, I’ll need my energy!” To himself, he murmured, “at least I’ll need the energy just to put up with you.” He was seemingly oblivious to the ‘Princess’ comment, though he did notice it the last time she spoke? “Princess?” So he was a little slow. He blamed the heat. “I happen to have a name too! And it’s much better than Princess if I do say so myself.” He too, did not speak what it was.

But he finally gave in. “You call me Nen and stop calling me Princess, and I’ll call you by…whatever it is you want to be called and stop calling you Kitten.” He never said anything about Honey, Deary and sweet cheeks though.

“Mm…Being around such an easy lioness just makes my appetite larger.” That was his last comment. She told him to stop speaking after all.

He started to hum instead. Rather loudly, and rather…toneless too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:18 pm
    Her lip curled, though what he said was far, far, far from the truth. She just figured even if she gave him her name he was going to continue being a jackass, so she'd rather put up with his gross pet names than get on such a personal level with him. "You wish." She spat, glaring at him. "Maybe you'd have more energy if you didn't spend it all working out what the dumbest things to say are." She quipped, and privately complimented herself. Yes, this was much more amusing than just getting pissed off.

She shot him another glare at his comment though. Put up with her? How dare he! He was the one causing all of this! She would have traveled to the mountains freaking without a word if he just didn't keep spitting out the most ridiculous comments! She bit back her comments when she realized he was annoyed with the princess comment and found herself laughing again. Even if her words were a little mean and taunting her laughter never was.

"You think I care?" She asked skeptically and laughed more. "I don't give a zebra's stripe about your name, Princess." She added the last word joyfully, very pleased with herself. "Not so fun being called pet names, is it?" Oh he'd stop calling her kitten alright, and she wouldn't need to tell him her name at all. And just as her head turned so she could tell him such he said his last comment.

Her jaw hung slightly open and she actually stopped in her tracks. What the hell was that supposed to mean? All of the mirth she'd built up at having bested him at his own game quickly washed away with anger. "Easy?" She spat the word back at him. And what the hell did he mean made his appetite larger? Oh he was horrible! She sort of shouted in frustration and picked up her pace, getting ahead of him. "You. are. the. biggest. pig. I've. Ever. Met!" She seemed to bite off each word, and her anger was slightly different this time. He could call her all of those stupid little pet names he wanted but how dare he say she was some easy little hussy? That was what he was implying... wasn't it? She couldn't think of anything else!

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:29 pm
Well…if that’s the way she wanted it….

“Alright then.” He broke his silenc…his humming as he stared at her. His ears began to twitch every time she had mentioned the Princess nickname. Oh, how it was so more demeaning. He was by no way, a princess. He had the parts to prove it too! If she wanted to continue with that, then he would too. Ammon’nen was /trying/ to be nice. Trying to be more…civilized, but there she went and threw it right back in his face. “I think I can handle that nickname then, Kitten,” he was becoming more irate every time she had called him the pet name.

Princess to…pig? “OH, heeey! Warthog sounds good! Do you want to hunt me that for our afternoon snack?”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:48 pm
    She was trying to ignore him, but she was also fuming. He didn't even care that he'd just called her easy. He might have just blurted out that she was some sort of wandering night-mate or something. And that frigging humming! Princess was worse than kitten. It was worse, she had to keep reminding herself that. Kitten just implied she was young (and she wouldn't think of what else it might have implied or referred to) but princess? She was implying he was soft, whiny and used to being catered to by all four paws or something. Gods above! Surely it was not their goal to make her into a murderer?

She blew air out of her noise in a way that he would be able to tell she was still pissy, and annoyed. "Glutton." She didn't bother muttering this insult, because of how anger she was. She wasn't about to let go of the whole easy comment. Funny, how that pissed her off more than anything else. "But if that's what Princess wants then of course, warthog it is my lady." She was still stalking ahead of him, promising herself she was going to get him just as pissed off as she was before they stopped. "Is there anything else you fancy, Princess? Perhaps a nice leg of gazelle to go with it?" As if. Even if he did have sway over when she hunted he did not get a say in what she hunted!

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:58 pm
Ammon’nen resisted the urge to tackle the female. Let her see just how much of a ‘glutton’ he was. He was not big or fat or anything. He just liked to eat. And the fact in the matter that she was so pissy about hunting for him just made it even better. “Call me what you want Kitten, but I do say that warthog should definitely be on the menu tonight,” when she mentioned the leg of gazelle, now THAT was just topping on the cake. “Well…now that you say that! That would be lovely dear. Why don’t you grab me those two things, and Daddy will just stay here and rest.” There was a nice tree with some shade that he could stay under, and then also eat under.

“Now, run along! I’ll be waiting.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:08 pm
    Obviously she was going to call him whatever she wanted! Gods above why was he trying to give her permission? It just made it slightly pointless if he was going to go with it instead of getting pissed off! She really had to stop answering him. If she stayed silent he couldn't bother her... right? No, probably not. It would probably get a lot worse. Her muscles tensed, she nearly gagged when he called himself daddy. Oh this was some cruel jest of the gods... why had she gotten stuck with such a moron?

Each step she took visibly looked as though she was forcing herself to move ahead instead of turning around and clawing his eyes out. They hadn't even been traveling for the sun to sink any closer to the horizon! Well, maybe it was slightly closer... but it hadn't been long at all! Great. Her companion was obnoxious, full of himself and had a bottomless pit for a stomach! She shut her eyes and took a deep breath. "Fine." She sneered the word, her teeth clicking shut so she wouldn't say any more. "I can see how it pleases the princess to eat every time her stomach flutters. I can also see the princess wants to make this trip last as long as possible so she can stay close to me, no need to be coy." She spat those words out too. So much for not saying anything else.

She did not even turn to look back. She'd find her way to the same place, one way or another. There probably weren't even any warthogs around these parts. Then an idea struck her and she did glance back, a smile that meant trouble on her maw. She knew what she'd hunt him... oh yes. And she'd make sure he ate it too, every last bit. She snorted and looked back to where she was going, picking up her pace. At least she could get away from him for a bit. She wondered if the little princess had ever eaten bugs before? They were not tasty, and they certainly weren't filling. But she'd still have to hunt for them. She began to laugh just thinking about it, and as she wasn't too far off yet she was sure he could hear her laughter. Boy she sure could go from pissed to amused in no time flat, it almost made her seem a little loopy.

end

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas