[PRP] No More Herbs! (Okelani & Dendro Auratus) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 am
User Image

It had taken a bit of effort to gather up all the herbs and place them into a big leaf but Dendro was determined to do so. For far too long that stupid Putti mare Okelani had been making him take these herbs to help heal the wound he received from the two-leggers attack. She had tried to tell him it would stop any internal bleeding that may be happening and that there was a chance they could also restore his lost hearing. Dendro wasn't entirely convinced he had internal bleeding, and if he did some days he wished that it would just do it's work and end his miserable life. They had argued countless times over the herbs, his healing and his attitude towards life now, but none of that had changed the outcome. His hearing in his one ear was still gone and now it seemed would never come back.

Finally he managed to get the last of the herbs onto the leaf and then carefully folded it about so that it served as a pouch to carry them. With his little package prepared Dendro took hold of the leaf and trotted out of his little hiding hole in a small stand of trees. The normally grumpy looking stallion had a bit of a spring in his step today. Oh yes he was happy, happy because he would no longer have to take these wretched herbs and more importantly he could finally prove that all along Oke had been wrong and that no silly herb could return his hearing. He skirted the edge of the herd heading towards the area he knew Oke normally stayed in when she wasn't pestering him about things.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:59 am
User Image
Oke had finished making her rounds relatively early this morning - with the exception of Dendro of course who she intended to visit this afternoon. For the moment however she had decided to take a small break while the worst of the days heat passed by, fluttering her twin pair of wings she generated a nice breeze to help keep her cool while she cropped slowly at a nearby clover patch.

It was hot true..but it was probably worse for other breeds...breeds which couldn't make themselves a nice breeze to help them keep cool. She found herself wondering how Dendro was doing, being a water breed this heat must be particularly hard on him...well she could try and convince him to go to the river this afternoon she supposed and perhaps subscribe some nice refreshing herbs for him...like mint and a variety of fruits to help keep him hydrated. It was something to think about anyways and swishing her tail she continued to absently chew on the clover.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:10 pm
Ah there she was, not far from where he figured she might be. Look at her standing there grazing like she doesn't have a care in the world. Snorting slightly Dendro adjusted his course and trotted straight towards Oke. Coming to a sudden stop, in hopes of scaring her by his sudden arrival - especially since he rarely left his trees other than to go to the river - Dendro dropped the large leaf holding the remained of the herbs at her feet. "Here's your damn herbs back. I have no use for them anymore." He somewhat hoped that she would try to get him to take them a bit longer as it would mean he would get to argue with her. She had said he needed them for another week and after that there would be no reason to keep taking them.

Well that week was over now and she could do whatever the hell she wished with those herbs as long as it didn't involve him. "Go give them to someone else." He huffed and then turned and started walking away. Blasted it was hot today, he should have never left the shade of the trees. Maybe he could quickly make it to the river before Oke stopped him. Yes, that would be nice, a cool dip in the water and peace and quiet of not having that silly mare around.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:06 pm
Oke looked up as a shadow fell across her, somewhat startled to find the very stallion she had been thinking about only moments before standing in front of her. "Dendro!" She exclaimed in startlement thought she tried to put a cheerful lilt to her voice. "I was going to come and see you later on this afternoon..to take them back" She told him as he dropped the package at her feet and blithely ignored his somewhat cranky remarks by saying "It was so sweet of you to package them up so carefully and bring them all this way."

Rolling the package over by a rock so that she might place them with the rest of her stash later Oke troted after the tallion as he went to walk away "You look terribly hot..I was thinking that we ought to start you on a diet with more fruit in it..theres lots of moisture in fruit and surely it would be good for your skin" She told him one she had caught up, having made sure that she came up on the right side so that he could hear her properly "Maybe some mint too...its a good refreshing herb"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:15 pm
Dendro sighed as he walked away, hearing Oke's cheerful voice behind him. He didn't package them up for her benefit, he just didn't want to leave any of the damn things at his area. His good ear picked up the sounds of her following him a few moments later. Well damn, so much for having a peaceful mare free afternoon. "Maybe you haven't noticed it's hot out today, I'm not the only one who feels the heat." Taking a look around the herd most were trying to ride out the heat by staying in the shade of dipping in the river. Hopefully the river would be mostly empty now as he didn't feel like being social.

So she wanted him to eat fruit now? What did she think she was, his mother? Infuriating little mare. Mention of even more herbs brought her hooves to a stop and he glared angrily at Oke. "No, no more damn herbs. I'm tired of your plant pushing ways. No herbs, no fruit. My diet is just fine the way it is." He didn't just get rid of the last batch of herbs so that she could force more upon him. No he was done with herbs and remedies and the like. Nothing would restore his hearing and he didn't need a damn plant to keep his skin moisturized, that was what water was for. Speaking of water, Dendro gave his head a shake and continued to make his way towards the river.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 pm
He really was probably the crankiest stallion Oke had ever met - she'd help mend many who were hurt even worse then he was who didn't have near the tempers. She found herself wondering if he had always been like that or if it was simply a result of his injury...and adjusting to his new lot in life.

In any case there didn't seem to be any point in acknowledging his ill behavior so she went on with the conversation as though he hadn't said anything mean at all "Of course I noticed its hot out silly" She told the stallion in a chirpy voice "Thats why I suggested a few things that might help you keep cooler, not everything I give you is medical you know" She teased him lightly. "Plant pusher..what a silly name, honestly Dendro I don't know where you come up with these things" Glancing ahead she took note of the path they were current on "Are you going to the river? I think I could use a drink myself, mind if I join you?"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:43 pm
He tried hard to ignore her. He even went so far as to turn to good ear away from her. Sadly though Oke had a habit of talking in a loud voice when she was around him and so there wasn't much he could to to fully block her out. Well he could always bang his head against that rock over there, destroy the hearing in his other ear, then he would never had to suffer listening to her ever again. Oh if only life was so simple. Certainly if he tried something like that, especially when she was around, Oke would find a way to stop him, even if she had to get some of the other herd member involved.

Blah, blah, blah. That's really what she was saying. "I can call you a different thing if you prefer." He said in an none to friendly tone. Dendro had actually been nice calling her Plant Pusher, but certainly he could come up with something much more befitting how he truly felt about her if she so wished. "Of course I'm going to the river, can't you see it up there." Gods, was she blind or just asking such questions with the intention of infuriating him more so than usual. "No, you cannot join me." He said with a huff, but Dendro knew all too well she would anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:49 pm
"Oh and what might those other things be?" Oke asked in a completely innocent tone, clearly the mare had no idea that anyone would actually think ill of her. Oh she knew that some of her patients weren't always happy to see her but she chalked that up to their conditions..certainly most were pretty friendly after they had recovered and adjusted and realized the amount of effort she had put into helping them.

But then there was Dendro...who Oke thought was still coming to terms with things and taking that out with an ill temper on everyone round him. The stalion might say he wanted to be left alone all the time but Oke was sure that one day he would look around, realize that he had driven of everyone else and be glad for a friend..so he ignored hi remarks and kept pace beside him. "well a lady does like to be invited" She told "But the river is a free place so I can join you regardless"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:09 pm
Really? REALLY? Was she that stupid? Did she not understand that his other names for her would be horribly insulting? Apparently not or perhaps she was just a glutton for punishment. It actually kinda threw him off for a moment so he was left scrambling to find those names he often thought of when in her presence. If this was before his injuries he would never have had such thoughts nor would he insult a mare so openly and often, but life had dealt him a nasty blow and as a result he was not the stallion he was before. So the insults would keep coming until she was offended enough to leave for good or he returned to his previous state of living. "Well for starters your a bloody damned witch." Not quite the word he had meant to use, but it was close.

"I ain't inviting you, and never will." Now that they were close to the river Dendro picked up the pace a bit. He was damned hot and his skin was starting to ache it was so dry. Not caring who was around Dendro plunged into the water relishing its cooling effect on his skin. Oh yeah, that's the stuff. After a few moments he turned to look at Oke. "Then perhaps I should find myself a pond to call my own, then it would not be a free place for all to come to." Then he would be able to soak and relax in peace.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 am
Oke was a bit put off by the stallions name calling, of course she hadn't expected him to say anything nice - as far as she could tell Dendro hadn't said a nice word to anyone since he had been wounded - but she didn't think he'd done anything to warrant being called a witch either. Despite the fact that Oke thought it was important to help Dendro recover and return to society that did not include allowing him to run roughshod over everyone either. Coddling him certainly wouldn't do him any good. "That's not true and you know it" The mare told Dendro in a shaming voice "I've not done anything but try to help you" She added as she picked up the pace to keep up with him as he made a dash for the river.

While he plunged in Oke paused at the bank and lowered her head to take a drink, glancing up once he had resurfaced, snorting slightly in amusement "I don't think anyone can own a pond...certainly I don't see how any of us" She motioned to both themselves and the surrounding herd of small soquili "Could ever hope to hold off some of the larger creatures who live here"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:08 am
Well now, what was this, could it be that he had finally broke through her always chipper attitude. Why he even smiled, just for a second, at the thought that he had broke through her perfect ways. Perhaps he would finally make some ground with her and she would finally understand what it was that he wanted...or in that case what he didn't want. "I never asked for help." He pointed out to her. No he hadn't wanted help, especially help that would do nothing but frustrate him for weeks on end.

Giving his mane a flicked to get it out of his eyes Dendro looked up at Oke. "You don't think anyone our size can own a pond...that's what you mean." Clearly she didn't think anyone of the herd could do anything again the bigger residents of the lands. Perhaps at one time he would have agreed with her, maybe, but now he was just way too annoyed with everything to consider allowing some big bully to force him out of an area. "If I want a pond to call my own then I will have a pond to call my own." He stated rather matter of factly. He may not like her but he wasn't about to let her sudden negativity spoil his desire to own a piece of the land...if he actually went through with it of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:05 am
"Very few who need help ask for it" Oke pointed out "Most are too proud to admit that could use the assistance" She added with a shrug, of course being a herbalist it was her job to try and help everyone regardless if they wanted it or not - most usually came around when they realize that her cures were doing good but Oke wasn't sure if Dendro would be one of those, at least not for a long time.

Ah well in the long run she supposed she didn't really need his appreciation as long as he learned to live with his new disability and stopped sulking in the shadows anyways - and this sudden desire to own a bit of his own land was a goo thing - of course if she actually told him that then he wouldn't want to do it anymore. Rather then encourage him in his quest then - despite the fact that she thought it was a good idea - she gave him a dubious look "If you say so" She stated in an uncertain tone "But I really just think that would be asking for trouble"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:16 am
It had nothing to do with pride. Dendro had known the healers would not be able to fix his hearing so why even bother. He had wished for nothing but to be left alone at the site of the attack and succumb to the fate of the two-leggers. That hadn't happened and now life was just one big annoyance after another. Plus maybe it would help if healers were a lot less pushy and cheerful all the time, then maybe those who needed their help would actually go and ask for it.

Of course all these thoughts were instantly pushed away as she went on uncertainly about his idea of owning a small body of water all to himself. She didn't think he could do it...and it was likely because of his bad ear. Tail lashed in the water behind him. Now he was really getting annoyed with her. Wouldn't they all get the shock of their lives when he did successfully own his own pond and kept the larger creatures at bay. Hell if it wasn't so damned hot outside right now he might have took off right then to start on his quest. But Dendro wasn't a complete idiot, he knew that without knowing how far the next water source was his skin would dry up and then he'd be in real trouble. "Oh I say so." He told her in a snarky tone. "Typical healer, no faith in anyone but themselves."

He ducked his head under the water both to avoid her next words and because the sun beating down was drying out the skin there. After a few moments he resurfaced and looked at her, there was a spark of determination burning in those otherwise blank looking eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Oh it looked like she was really getting to him now - and despite the fact that he was angry with her Oke hadn't seen this much emotion from him since she'd started trying to help him - and if by some chance he did go looking for a place to call his own then Oke would consider that a pretty good step in the right direction. Dendro would learn that he was just as capable with his lessened hearing then he was before - he just had to adapt a little bit. It would be a hard earned lesson but a good one and Oke was determined to see it through. Even if he hated her for it forever.

'Well" She state slowly with a air of disbelief still in her words "I guess you'll just have to prove me wrong then' She told him "But your in horrible shape from doing nothing but laze around the last few weeks..I'd at least try to get in shape first" She suggested with a slight shrug.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:41 pm
Dendro stared at Oke with anger and disbelief. He was not that out of shape! Sure he wasn't at his peak like he had been back when he was a scout but he wasn't as she put it 'in horrible shape'. But like it or not, she did have a good point. He would need to get his strength and shape back if he was going to go through with this idea, but he wouldn't let her think she had given him the idea. In fact for now he was going to act like her suggestion hadn't even registered to him.

Oh he would prove her, and the herd, wrong. He would soon control a chunk of this new land and those who invaded his lands would have to answer to him. Best part would be, it would be a Oke free territory. "And you can go bother someone else with your herbs while I'm off conquering the lands." Poor sob who ended up being her next patient. But he would be free of her.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff