Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
(PRP) Seizing the Future (Sunset's Coda and Illarion) (FIN) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:58 pm
User Image

Illarion was standing on the beach, the cool wind whipping his braid up. It seemed as if it was going to storm, but in some way...he didn't want to find shelter. He wanted to stand here and experience it rather than leaving.

All his journeys, his brief feelings for someone. He had discovered things did not work as you planned them. So what if it rained on him? For the moment, he would allow himself to be disillusioned before he carried on. For a moment, he would feel sorry for himself and he would bury it forever somewhere in the back of his memories.

He had learned after all. Stories didn't end how you wanted, but they ended right. He had always believed that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:20 am
User Image

Coda loved to get away from her family from time to time. Having five other siblings vying for attention from either mother or father became tiresome. The mare snorted. It didn't seem to matter. Father always paid the most attention to her eldest sister. Stomping her hooves against the hard-packed ground Coda focused on calming down. You couldn't blame the mare if she seemed a little out of sorts. Being as tenacious as she was she had tried time and again to get noticed. Nothing seemed to work.

That was why she had come to the beach this evening. The sights and sounds always helped Coda to forget about the problems at home - at least for a little while. She drew strength from the sight of the waves crashing onto the shoreline and usually took it home with her - wrapping it around her heart to protect herself.

Now standing at the water's edge in the wind that blew off the surf Coda realized that she was not as alone as she had thought earlier. Distracted by her thoughts she had failed to realize that there was another Soquili nearby. Glancing out of the corner of her eye she made out the ridge of fins along the stallion's back before closing her eyes slowly and shaking her head. Oh she had heard tales of Kelpis before. The species was considered to be violent and unpredictable. What had she gotten herself into?

(( Teepee link - http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=18150559&page=1 ))  

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:51 am
Illarion breathed deeply, his eyes still looking far out to see wondering what was beyond here...beyond his sight. Was there anything? It was like life it seemed, you had to have faith that something was there, that there wasn't just...an end but maybe a new beginning.

Blinking his eyes, he thought he felt a few drops fall on his skin. Slightly turning, he caught sight of something---no someone. Tilting his head he saw a mare, standing there much like he was. Probably she had come to meet someone, or to think alone. His intrusion was probably not something she desired, but at the same time. He felt oddly drawn to stand through the storm with someone rather than alone.

He took a few hesitant steps her way, his hooves splashing through the waves. He could see her better now, she was dark like the sky but she was covered in stars and lights. Rather like the stories of the skies he'd been told as a child. He remembered the first time he had seen at night like that, his first winter, and he had marveled at the beauty of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:02 am
Coda watched the ocean but her gaze occasionally flickered to the side to check on the stallion's position. She wanted plenty of warning if he were to approach her. She found it slightly odd that for the moment he seemed almost at ease with another in his territory. It puzzled the mare that there was no demands that she leave. Giving a mental shrug to the situation Coda let her eyes gave over the water once again.

If only everyone could enjoy the sight of the majestic ocean perhaps they could learn to appreciate the beauty that lurked in the waves. Taking a few steps forward the mare let the waves swirl around her hooves before the sound of hoof beats reached her ears.

Turning her head sharply Coda took in the approaching kelpi with a look of prey cornered by a predator. She had no idea what to expect and she didn't want to be caught unaware. As the stallion approached her position changed so that she stood braced for a possible attack. She didn't see the appraising look that the stallion gave ... all the mare saw was potential trouble.

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:13 am
Illarion had walked slowly approaching her, enjoying the small droplets falling on to his skin as he walked. But as he approached her, he noticed that she was not exactly happy of his approaching. She looked as if she thought he was going to hurt her.

Stopping a feet away, he let the waves crash over his hooves again and again. "I didn't mean to bother you." His voice was gentle, but kind. "I only wanted to see who else had braved this place at a time like this."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:16 am
Coda had been keeping an eye on the stallion's progress towards her. She was already slightly unnerved that there was nothing to indicate the violence that she had been told to expect. As the stallion stopped a foot away Sunset's Coda felt the urge to bolt again but something kept her rooted to the spot. When the stallion spoke Coda's ears pricked forward attentively before she relaxed her posture just a little bit.

Was the stallion playing games with her? Trying to keep her relaxed before he attacked. Coda couldn't figure out what was going on so she did the only thing available to her. Clearing her throat she spoke softly.

"It's not too much of a bother. I just came to get away from my family. The sight and sounds that the ocean produces has a soothing effect. I come here whenever I feel stressed about things and usually leave once I've been able to calm down."

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:37 pm
Illarion nodded, pleased that she had not fled from him. It was nice to have someone near by, that might possibly talk with him.

"I understand, I do the same thing. When life feels like it's overwhelming me, crushing me. I can watch the waves and hear the sounds. I feel as though, my cares can be washed away so easily. And the beauty of a storm here, very few things are as beautiful as that."

He looked down again as he sighed, "I like a good storm. The beauty of it, and passion of it."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:35 am
What was wrong with this picture? Coda gave an intense look towards the stallion standing near her before shaking her head. She couldn't figure it out for the moment but it would probably come up as a future question. However if the kelpi did not seem to want to attack her than who was she to be all defensive. Canting an ear back towards the grassy shoreline the mare pondered the situation carefully and listened as the stallion spoke of loving storms.

She found the stallion's words almost equal to her own thoughts. Stepping back one footstep Coda observed the stallion carefully. Someone must have had fun with a paintbrush for this fellow. Splashes of bright color were dominate over his entire body. Compared to her own dark colors ... this Soquili probably stood out like a sore thumb in any environment.

"It's nice to meet one that seems to enjoy the forces of nature. I would admit that I am drawn to them as well," Coda paused here because not only did she not know whom she was addressing but he probably had the same problem. "Forgive my rambling. I'm Sunset's Coda. Who might I have the pleasure of meeting?"

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:33 pm
He saw her warily appraising him still, she had started to relax some though. She wouldn't run and leave him alone with himself. He was enjoying the storm, but he was enjoying standing with someone else who enjoyed the storm too.

He looked out across the water again, watching the tossing torrents and feeling soothed by the passion and ferocity of it. "They're amazing aren't they?" He turned back to her as she spoke her name, "That's a lovely name, Sunset's Coda." He liked the sound of it on his tongue, fresh and beautiful. It reminded him more and more of the stars and lights he loved as a child. "I'm Illarion. And the pleasure, is all mine."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:08 pm
The mare listened to Illarion's response about the storm and silently agreed with the stallion. Nature always had a way of soothing her. Whether it be from violent storms or even a clear evening which allowed the mare to observe the night sky ... she could rely on nature to calm her tenacious ways. Sunset's Coda moved forward a few steps allowing her front hooves to come into the ocean's surf.

"Storms are truly amazing. I've been intrigued by then since I was old enough to understand what was going on. My mother taught me since I was always badgering her with questions. She took the time to teach me what she knew and then I sought out the rest that I needed to know."

Coda paused and peered out onto the horizon - darkened clouds swirled ominously before peering over at Illarion from over her shoulder. "It's nice to meet you as well Illarion. With the looks of things we may want to find somewhere to perhaps seek cover for a while. I think this storm is going to get much worse."

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:31 pm
Illarion listened to her voice, it was soft but powerful like the storm or so it sounded to his ears. "I asked my mother about the stars," he glanced at her a moment taking her in. "The storms I found out about myself, but the stars...as a child I was fascinated with them both. It's such a pity that you can't see the stars often while it storms."

He turned toward her, "You're right, we should before we experience the passion of this storm too fiercely. Do you know a place?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:09 pm
Coda glanced back from the direction she had come before eying the storm clouds over the expanse of water. She couldn't take Illarion to where she had ventured from - that would take them back to her family but there had been some potential places that a couple could take refuge from the elements. Shaking the bits of her mane that covered her face Sunset's Coda let her feet feel the cool water a few seconds more before stepping out of the waves. On the way here the mare had passed a series of caves that could provide the necessary shelter and it wasn't too far away either.

"I think I saw a promising area on the way here Illarion. There are some caves that I passed that might be usable for shelter," pausing here Coda sighed before speaking a little more softly, "if you want you are more than welcome to follow."

With those words the mare burst into a gallop. She wasn't really running from the meeting per say ... just the small feeling of anxiety growing within. The wind grabbed at her mane and tail as her hooves pounded against the sand. A low whickering sound of enjoyment erupted as she moved with purpose. Slowing into a canter Coda sighed before silently musing on her situation. She was sure that Illarion would follow her to shelter.

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:35 pm
Illarion felt the wet sand on his hooves, the gritty feeling was soothing in a way as he stood there. As she spoke, then took to her heels, he found himself paused for a moment watching her. Her hair flowing out behind her, as she ran. It was amazing to look at, like a comet in motion across a brilliant sky---like a fallen star to make a wish on.

He took to his heels to catch up with her. He was stockier, heavier than most land dwellers but still pretty fast. He could see her far in the distance as he sped along to catch up and not loose sight of her. How often had a chased after a dream like this? Watching as the last streamer, the last evidence that it was ahead of him disappeared around the corner?

But this was unlike those dreams, because he was closer. And as he slowed down, he could see her there expectantly waiting for him. He caught his breath as he stood there, he nodded toward the caves, "There?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:45 pm
As Coda ran she began to hear the sounds of pursuit and knew that it was Illarion - following her. That was good. At least she hadn't lost him yet. But she was still unsure now of what she had heard before of Kelpis. So far Illarion hadn't acted aggressively towards her and she was confused as to why. Perhaps though it didn't matter at the moment. What mattered was finding shelter from the storm.

It seemed that fate would have it that she would have company during the storm as Illarion caught up with her and nodded towards the black yawning hole in the cliff side ahead. A bolt of lightning struck over the churning water and Coda shifted her body and turned quickly before trotting towards the promise of a dry locale. The resulting crash of thunder temporarily disoriented Coda's sense of direction as the waves of sound assaulted her ears. 'What a fine time to lose it now,' was the bitter thought running through her mind as she stumbled uneasily on the shifting sand. 'Just a few more feet and I'm home free for the moment. C'mon girl ... just a little more. Perfect.'

The last word in her mental mantra was timed just as she stepped under the rocky ceiling of the cave's interior. Nice and dry. Flicking her tail idly to disperse any loose drops of water Coda sighed before watching a shadow pass over the mouth of the cave. Of course she hadn't forgotten about Illarion. This was going to be a trial - spending time alone with a strange stallion in enclosed quarters. Growing up with brothers for siblings and an older sister she couldn't relate to wasn't going to help her here.

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:26 pm
Illarion walked in the cave behind her, noticing how small the area was. Much smaller than he had thought. They would be rather up close and personal until the storm passed. He stood there at the opening, unsure of how close she would allow him to be. His body was covered with small droplets of water, comforting to his smooth skin and hopefully enough to keep him from becoming too dry.

She looked alarmed, and he was hesitant of stepping any closer though anxious to move further in the cave. He didn't want Coda to think that he was cornering her, or trying to hurt her in any way. After all, he was a kelpie and he knew that somewhere she still questioned his intentions.

Staying close to the wall, he stepped a few more steps in. He could feel the warmth of her body, only a few inches away in the cave and the light lilac of her eyes as she looked around. Was she only afraid of him, or was she afraid of the thunder?

For a moment longer, he hesitated than asked gently, "Can I come in---closer?"  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff