Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
magickal advice Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

silvereyes321

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:59 pm
hi, i just want to put in my 2 cents here about magic. i have been practicing now for the better part of 15 years. i learned the hard way that magic is from what is inside you, and that the tools and such that they tell you that you need in books, well, you don't really need them, they only help you to get into the mood for spells.. don't do anything on a specific person.

blessed be to those that are new to the craft and for those who are old to us.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:07 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

TeaDidikai

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:32 pm
would asking for a deity's help during a ritual count as some variant of magic?

and, personally, i think everything has power. so, my tools would very much actually affect my magic working. yeah, i could probably do it myself, but how much more effective would it be if i had tools to augment my own will and energy?

to each their own.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:52 pm
yeah well, there are those out there that follow the three fold law, personally, i have done my share of so called black magick, esp to those who piss me off, but you have to remember alot of pagans do not believe in harming people. ok, i have gotten my butt chewed before for saying stuff like u did, but you know what? i am not wiccan, i am a witch, i have done " justice" work like u mentioned in your post, but i have done things to people using the necronomicon that have hurt them, do you happen to know the rule about black magick?  

silvereyes321

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:56 pm
silvereyes321
yeah well, there are those out there that follow the three fold law, personally, i have done my share of so called black magick, esp to those who piss me off, but you have to remember alot of pagans do not believe in harming people. ok, i have gotten my butt chewed before for saying stuff like u did, but you know what? i am not wiccan, i am a witch, i have done " justice" work like u mentioned in your post, but i have done things to people using the necronomicon that have hurt them, do you happen to know the rule about black magick?

Well, considering not all of us believe in perpetual energy machines- nor the three fold law, and as there is no universal rule for "black magic"- as magic isn't a color (unless you like the idea of octarine... but that's a whole different story all together).

But Prey, tell- what would this rule you speak of be?

(Pstt... it's spelled "Magic").

As for the Necronomicon- it's fiction, which suggest to me you were either working with thoughtforms, could be a liar, or might be delusional.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:25 pm
well, if you are going to be working with so called black magick, and yes i know how it is spelled, i am 38 years old and not an idiot, the thing is, you cannot regret what you do. i have seen soo many spells backfire on someone when they do something to someone and then regret it later.

as for the necro, i am very good at thought magic, delusional, well, my husband likes to tell me i am because i do not believe he is a god, but he has seen what i can do first hand as many of my friends have, and they know, i never say that i am all powerful, because i know that someon out there is more powerful than me, i never had that delusion, but i am good at what i do, i even healed a 13 year old girl who was suffering from a ruptured cyst on her ovaries, while she was in germany and i was in nebraska, but then i have also made someone go into bouts of catatonia, which she deserved it quite a bit.

and u can pretty well make any spell work for you, just depends on how much you put into it.  

silvereyes321

silvereyes321

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:40 pm
would asking for a deity's help during a ritual count as some variant of magic?

and, personally, i think everything has power. so, my tools would very much actually affect my magic working. yeah, i could probably do it myself, but how much more effective would it be if i had tools to augment my own will and energy?

to each their own.

no, i call upon hecate many times, i didn't like mean to insult anyone or step on any toes, i love calling up the watchtowers and calling upon hecate, i was just meaning that, ok, i learned that like if i was doing a spell, and i didn't have everything it called for not to panick. i did for awhile, and it screwed me up big time. if a spell doesn't work for you, i mean if something feels wrong, don't do it. if it doesn't work, and trust me i have had my share not work, then it wasn't meant to be, but don't put blame on yourself. i don't like to see those who practice the craft beat themselves up for not being able to afford the right tools or for not having faith in themselves. i hope that helps.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:40 am
Working with Deities as a form of magick...

I spell magic(k) with the extra K because I followed Crowly's teachings and most know that, that is were it originated from.

It depends totally on the type of working your doing - If your asking a deities presence then no... If your asking the deity to carry your will to it's target... then yes...

Simple as that... whatever carries your will to it's target is the form of magick you using.

Three-fold and law of return

This has been overdiscussed a billion times! Personal preference people! If I have to use alliteration again to get a point through I'm going to pop! lol.

Also there are so many different forms/manners/methods to practice magically based religions that the tools, rituals and involvements all play different priority roles... in different magick based religions.

*phew*

I'll await the bombardment of replies now...  

Nakyra

Pelta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:43 am
silvereyes321
well, if you are going to be working with so called black magick, and yes i know how it is spelled, i am 38 years old and not an idiot,
You do know, then, that the work 'magick' with the k on the end was coined by Alestair Crowley to make the word's value fit his gematria. It makes very little sense to use it unless you specifically follow Crowley's teachings.
Quote:
the thing is, you cannot regret what you do. i have seen soo many spells backfire on someone when they do something to someone and then regret it later.
I've regretted many things I've done. Perhaps what you meant is that we cannot undo what we've done. And even there I'd disagree with you. One can attempt to banish/stop a spell before it does any further harm, and one can also try to help somehow after the damage has been done. But the question is, why would you be doing something in the first place if you thought you'd regret it later? That seems a little foolhardy.

Quote:
as for the necro, i am very good at thought magic, delusional, well, my husband likes to tell me i am because i do not believe he is a god, but he has seen what i can do first hand as many of my friends have, and they know, i never say that i am all powerful, because i know that someon out there is more powerful than me, i never had that delusion, but i am good at what i do, i even healed a 13 year old girl who was suffering from a ruptured cyst on her ovaries, while she was in germany and i was in nebraska, but then i have also made someone go into bouts of catatonia, which she deserved it quite a bit.
Good for you. But really, this isn't the place for bragging and boasting. It's bad form. And to be honest, I don't think many of us really care what you can or can't do. If you'd like to discuss stuff that's all good. But don't go around telling everybody else that you're better than them because you can do this or that. It's somewhat out of place, and reminds me of the snob syndrome. What, do you expect us to bow down to your 'superior' casting skills?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:30 am
silvereyes321
well, if you are going to be working with so called black magick, and yes i know how it is spelled, i am 38 years old and not an idiot, the thing is, you cannot regret what you do.
So you suggest that to work effectively, one is not allowed to have hindsight and appreciate the consequences of their actions?
Quote:
i have seen soo many spells backfire on someone when they do something to someone and then regret it later.
Couldn't have anything to do with the nature of the spell itself- or the fact that the caster didn't do it right and allowed their guilt to mess it up at the time of casting, or their overall competence level, or any kind of protection their adversary had in place.

Also, please cite this rule in... well, anything. stare

Quote:
as for the necro, i am very good at thought magic, delusional, well, my husband likes to tell me i am because i do not believe he is a god, but he has seen what i can do first hand as many of my friends have, and they know, i never say that i am all powerful, because i know that someon out there is more powerful than me,

Listen to the British Iron Maiden: "Being powerful is like being a lady, if you have to tell people you are- you aren't".

Quote:
i never had that delusion, but i am good at what i do, i even healed a 13 year old girl who was suffering from a ruptured cyst on her ovaries, while she was in germany and i was in nebraska, but then i have also made someone go into bouts of catatonia, which she deserved it quite a bit.

and u can pretty well make any spell work for you, just depends on how much you put into it.

Unless of course you are unequipped to perform the spell, or you are not talented with will working.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:14 am
TeaDidikai
So you suggest that to work effectively, one is not allowed to have hindsight and appreciate the consequences of their actions?

Nicely said.

TeaDidikai
Unless of course you are unequipped to perform the spell, or you are not talented with will working.

Indeed, one can get burned out trying to do more than they are physically capable for.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:26 am
TeaDidikai
Listen to the British Iron Maiden: "Being powerful is like being a lady, if you have to tell people you are- you aren't".

I imagine if she's really trying to get in contact with Hekate and not just talking smack (I suspect she is, but if she amuses Hekate enough, she'll show up eventually), those ego issues and insecurities will be scourged away soon enough.

I dunno, unless you can provide tangible evidence of your actions, it just seems silly to try to prove how OMGSOPOWARFULL11!!! you are. It's like, what are you, 4 years old? Smells of insecurity, and more importantly of really inept lies (or worse still, flat-out delusions of grandeur). It's like telling someone you were Cleopatra in a past life - sure, if you believe she reincarnated, SOMEONE has to be her reincarnation, but how do you prove it's you? Declaring it just gets you labeled as one of the ten billion morons also claiming the same.  

Sivirs

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:32 am
reagun ban
TeaDidikai

Nicely said.

TeaDidikai

Indeed, one can get burned out trying to do more than they are physically capable for.
~Sweeping bow~

I was wondering when you would join the party.

Sivirs>> Granted that unusual things do happen. Granted that there is such thing as talent and that some unique abilities can and do creep people out. But unless it directly affects others- why should we care if someone can blast fireballs out of their a**?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:27 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:05 pm
Tea: If someone can shoot fireballs out of their a**, I do care. At least enough to know not to walk behind them.

Phoenix: I'm in the same boat. I've met very few people that I could do magical revenge on. I can think of one right now, but man, that would require more effort than if I just let her be.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff