Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:28 pm
Pirato
Life had thrown him for a loop. How? How of all things had he managed to knock her up? It was unfortunate, and rather unsettling as what other flings had produced cubs he wondered. He was pretty sure he was happier not knowing. The fact that he didnt know meant he didnt have to claim them. With a slow sigh, he looked down at the little red female and black male at his heels. They kept up well, and he was proud of them. The travel would only get harder when they had to trek through the sands. He wasnt sure what tos ay, in fact it was all incredibly awkward. What would the pride say to these two newcomers? He was sure the Corsairs would be exstatic. He knew that he would have to have a part in the way they were raised.. These cubs would be trained, and would be the best pirates of their time.

He looked down at the red female once more, guklping, and then clearing his throat.. What the hell did he do now?

Joya
"Um," Joya Oceanica said when she noticed that the lion with the big hair was looking at her. It made her nervous when he looked at her for too long. His hair scared her a little, to be honest. No one else had hair like that, and she was partly convinced that there must be something really nasty hiding under it. She didn't know why her mum had made her go with him.

"When do we go home?" she asked, hoping the answer would be soon. She was tired and her paws hurt and she didn't know where she was and she really, really had to pee but she was afraid that if she stopped she would become separated from her brother and the big lion, and even though the big lion's hair scared her she would rather be with him and scared than alone and scared.

Not that she was a scaredy cat. Her experiences had simply been limited and she was young enough that what she didn't know could be a little bit scary. She had hissed and growled at him when he first tried to carry her, she remembered proudly. He hadn't been afraid of her display, of course, but she'd done her best to let him know he couldn't frighten her, even if he was bigger and smelled funny.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:29 pm
Pirato
When she muttered the single sound, his mind began racing. He didnt know the first thing about being a father. He didnt know the first thing about raising kids at all.. He was probably the male that was the LEAST cut out for parenthood in the entire savannah. Taking a deep breath (and wishing he had a few good berries, long past their fresh date) he spoke.
"Home? Why, my girl, home is where we are heading. It is where the 'eart is af'er all." He grinned, his smile a goofy lopsided grin. He wasnt trying to be intimidating. He wasnt like the Stormborn. He wasnt made for bulldozing and destroying. His tactic was skill, wit, manipulation. That was how a pirates war was won and if that didnt work, battle in numbers did.

"C'mon, Joya, are you not excited to see what lie beyon' the savannah? What..wonders.. lay beyond those mighty hills?" He asked, hisflare for dramatics apparent. He was happy for the name her mother had allowed him to call her. She was named for his homelands. Her homelands. She would learn to love it there.

Joya
Joya thought for a moment about what the big lion had said, her ruby colored eyes partially covered by eyelids that had a tendency to slide shut when she was thinking about something. In this case, she was deciding whether or not it would be wise to point out that the big lion was in error. She wasn't sure how smart he was, given how oddly he spoke, and so she decided to risk it. He might be genuinely lost, after all, and leading them away from home by accident.

"No," she said quite firmly. "Home is the way we just came. I'm pretty sure of that."

She didn't know what the savannah was, and she wasn't so sure about wonders either, but she did know that the most pressing curiosity in her mind was whether she'd be allowed to pee or not, because it would soon be a moot point and she would just have to squat where she was to relieve herself. It would not be a proud moment for her. To deflect his somewhat confusing question she changed the topic.

"I have to go," she said.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:30 pm
Pirato
She certainly was a whiner wasnt she? He didnt know her mother too well but he supposed she had to have gotten it from her. He sighed, and shook his head.
"No, Im quite sure home is this way. That was never your home to begin with." He said in a matter of fact attitude. He wasnt being mean, in fact his voice was more like what a teacher might have towards a student. His tail swayed, slowly and deliberately as he contemplated if this female would be cut out for the pirate lifestyles. Surely she could be taught but if she was always whining about not liking where she was going, then she could easily be difficult in all the wrong areas.

"Go?" He looked at her quizically, and then snorted, as if he was completely mortified.
"Yes go on, have at it." He said waving her off as he turned to look the other way.

Joya
Joya would have liked to argue the point, but there were more important things to do, and she was going to do them, now that people had been made aware of her need to do them. She wandered a bit away from their path and squatted where the dirt looked soft. When she was done she neatly buried her leavings and returned to her brother and the big lion.

"I feel better now," she announced. "And it is so my home. And my brother's too. We've lived there all our lives. Who are you, anyway, that you're just taking us away?"

Actually, that had been answered, but Joya had conveniently forgotten in her fit of pique at being contradicted. She knew where home was. Or at least she knew where home wasn't, and home wasn't in the direction they were walking. She looked to her brother for confirmation, but he didn't seem to be paying attention.

"Why did you even come around? What do you want with us?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:31 pm
Pirato
He waited, making sure to try to keep his mind busy on something else. He certainly did not want to sit there and be thinking of what she was doing. Once she strolled back over, he nodded.

"Aye, good good." He said, a gruff nod as he began moving forward once more. They were almost home. He swore he could hear the oceans waves and he couldnt wait to feel the water rush over his paws.. He also couldnt wait to have a berry or two that had been left in the sun too long.

"Do you know who I be? I am yer dad. Ye and ye sister and brother be coming to live with me. Your mother saw ye as true pirates. Ye will enjoy it."
He wanted to call her a smartass, but he had a feeling that would not be very appropriate for a cub.. Especially a female.

"I came around because ye mother came to me. She told me she saw you and your bonnie little siblings that followed as pirates, and so.. Here we are." He said, and turned to saunter forward once more.

Joya
He talked as funny as he smelled, Joya observed to herself, but for all that she couldn't help being drawn to him. Maybe there was even some truth in his claim that he was her father. After all, she knew most families had both a mother and a father - she'd seen that for herself while living with her mother - and while she was not yet of an age to wonder why she didn't have a father, that time would have come soon enough, when she began to interact with other cubs and have to deal with the consequences of having only one parent.

"Oh," was all she could think of to say to his explanation about why he'd come. Did that mean their mother didn't want them, or that she hadn't thought they would fit into her pride? For a moment Joya thought she might cry, but then she reminded herself that she wasn't an orphan. There was this big, funny-smelling lion who claimed to be her father.

"What's a pirate?"

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:32 pm
Pirato
He could feel the unease and he looked at her. He was obviously awkward, not good with affections. He patted her shoulder, and continued on.
"A pirate is being truly free. Having a band of loyal crew that want nothing more than trinkets at the end of the day. Adventure, Freedom, Passion..All be things a pirate enjoys."
He responded, almost as if it was rehearsed but he never thought ahead enough to rehearse anything he said. He was just naturally etiher a good storyteller or a good bullshitter. Either one would fit him.

"I promise. Ye and yours will fit in, for you are mine. I am the Pirate King. You already be a step ahead."

Joya
"That...sounds nice."

There were a lot of rules with her mom's pride, and even though she'd been granted a lot of leeway as a cub, already they seemed a bit daunting. The idea of being truly free to have adventures sounded fun. She wasn't sure about passion, and she didn't really understand about freedom, but in her mind it meant she could stay up late and explore as much as she wanted.

"I guess I don't mind going with you then." She trotted a little ahead. "This way?"

As they continued, she purred to herself, "And if he's my dad, and he's the Pirate King, that makes me the Pirate Princess. I like that idea."

[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games