yup
  nope
  maybe
  gold option : )
View Results

Kai_Chi
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:08 pm
Hey guys : 3 sorry for the delay, its been a busy week and I didn't get the time to get around to posting the winners as quickly as I would have wanted to : )

So now here are this months winners for most original characters are

1st place
Rika Mayumi

2cd place
teacloud

3rd place
CakeColour

Feed back on art works this months : 3

XKittyPowerX : The character you entered this month was really cute : 3 We really loved all the little extra details you put in her clothing, like the ribbons on the shoes, and arm bracelette, very cute touchs. Ultimately though we felt like her character design was very typical of something you'd see in a manga or anime. Which is acctually pretty cool, but since we were judging this months contest on the most original character, we felt like this drawing didn't take her design as far as we would have liked to see it. But all in all its a very nice drawing, and were really happy you decided to participate this month : 3 thank you for your entry and we hope to see more from you in the future : )

Nobodys Fault : Very interesting concept. We loved how you emphasized your characters long and narrow body, using vertical lines to enhance its form. We did however find that there was maybe a little to much vertical action going on with his suit, since are attention primarily went on his suit and less on your character himself. Which is fine, but it would be cool to see more interesting concepts like that being used to direct our attention once again on his head, instead of always staying focused on his suit. Other than that, its a very lovely composition of proportions and quality of the line usage. : 3 Great work !

Beatrix White : Lovely drawing! The details you put into your hair, and lighting and shading are really wounder full. We also loved how her hair and halo/laurels were a little blurred out, to enhance our attention on your characters eyes. In terms of the theme this month however "most original characters" we would have loved to see you explore the characters design more. Granted this was an art commission so little could be done there, but because we were voting on most original characters we decided to go with another artist drawing. But other than that its a very lovely drawing. Your colours are really nice as well, we hope to see more drawings from you in the future : 3

As for your second entry, this one appealed to us more : ) The character really had a nice attitude in your drawing, lots of personality which we loved, cause it added to the character design. We did feel, however that this look is something we see fairly comely in character design, so it didn't feel like the concept was pushed enough into the originality field. But the colour palette was very bold and eye catching, and we really did love all the details you put into her hands, eyes and cloths : ) nice drawing!

xXAlice_B-RabbitXx : awwww the cute couple pic ^^. Very cute lovy dovy pic, hehe. Really nice, we loved the connection you tried to portray in your drawing with one and another. In terms of design of the characters however, it was sometimes a little hard to differentiate which clothing belonged to who in certain areas in your picture. We think that it could have been cool if you could have used colours or shading to separate the two characters more so they could be more easily identifiable, but other than that its a really cute pic. Love their smiles hehe : )

Crazy_Cassidy15 : Hey! more than two characters!!! this is new for us! and were loving it : D. We loved the casual friend look and feel you gave your characters. It really gave us the sence of friends hanging out together and having a good time : ). We felt like the design concept of your characters could have been pushed a little further for this months contest, but other than that, the image is very nice. Nice work : )

Gomeric : Ahhh gomeric, always such lovely drawings : ). We loved the details you put into your characters lips, and shading of her skin. The bold contrast of her fine hair lines was equally as impressive. But we didn't feel like this head shot gave us enough character design to work off of for judging. Other than that however, its a very lovely drawing. Nice work : )

CakeColour : Nice drawing and always in your own unique style : ) its one of the many things were loving with your drawing this month cake. We really loved the hat of your character which had a fairly unusual feel to it, but still interesting none the less. Its not something we see all the time, which is why your characters design really got our interest this month : )

sun xD : Absolutely gorgeous colour palette !!!!!!!!! the way you merge your coulours and blend them, gives your drawing such a soft yet vibrant presence! We were absolutely loving your character visual look in any case, but felt like the head shot was not enough to judge it for most original character, since the radar head set she's wearing is something we do see on characters every so often. But other than that, very lovely drawing, we hope to see more from you in the future : )

teacloud : Nice! We found your character design had a fairly original and unique feel to it, which made it very interesting. We loved the hole android vibe to it, but did find like there wasn't much personality exuberant from your drawing, so maybe keep that in mind for the next time : ) But other than that, very lovely drawing!

Rika Mayumi : Woot! great character expression and also loving the character design itself. We really felt like there was something interesting going on with this concept. And loved how it came out. Nice work : )

Lady_Pyrien : This is one of your best entries in the monthly contest yet pyrien!!! its simply gorgeous!!!! We really loved all the details you characters hair, and especially into your shading. Your characters facial features are equally as impressive! Its such a lovely drawing : D !!!!! Unfortunaly we didn't find that there was enough information to judge on her design originality, but other than that its a really lovely drawing pyrien! Your really improving quickly : D its a wonderful d
rawing!

Welcome to the "Artist and Art collectors paradise" monthly art contest.

What is the contest?
The contest is a way for the guild to show what kind of talent our members have.

How do I apply?
To apply, simply fill out the the fallowing form, and attach a drawing that shows off your talent as an artist. You may submit as many drawing as you'd like, so long as the drawing was done by you, and made during the month of June 2011. You may use art you did for commissions however you will need the approval of the client you did the art for (which in most cases I do not think this will be a problem)

Quote:

Application form
Name:
Medium used:
If this is a commission, who commissioned you : (we will contact the person just to make sure they said it was ok. If this does not apply to you please put N/A)
Submission :

This month contest focus on the most original character. .

Whats the prize?
-1st place, 300k, plus your image will be displayed in the guild home page for the month of Jully
-2cd place, 150k
-3rd place, 50k

When is the end date?
The end date will be June 30th, 8 pm (eastern time zone)

(if you have any questions, please feel free to post them and I'll try to answer you the best as possible)

Q:
I don't draw, I use another medium to do my art, can I still compete?

A:
YES, if your a photographer, you may submit an awsome photo you took during the month. If your a sculpter you may submit an amazing sculpture you did during the month, and so on. This contest is open to all artistic mediums.

XKittyPowerX

Nobodys Fault

Beatrix White

xXAlice_B-RabbitXx

Crazy_Cassidy15

Gomeric

CakeColour

sun xD

teacloud

Rika Mayumi

Lady_Pyrien

Beatrix White  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:03 pm
Sorry, it's a little unclear - the most original character, or the most original 'character-story'?  

hellosara
Crew

Kai_Chi
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:47 pm
Oups! terribly sorry about that, I used last months page as a template for this month's, I must have forgot to take out a word.

This month's contest is for the most original character, sorry for the confusion and thank you for bringing it to my attention hellosara : )  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:02 pm
Name: xXAlice_B-RabbitXx
Medium used: Paper
If this is a commission, who commissioned you : N/A
Submission: Pink Sweetie (Sorry,I didn't know what "submission".Like submission date or the name of your art.Lol Sorry my brain is tired of thinking for exams. sweatdrop )
User Image  

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Kai_Chi
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:00 am
thats alright kitty : ) submission is the place were you post your artwork, though a name and date is always fun as well. No worries, your submission is just fine : )

Thank you for your submission, I've gone a head and added you to the list : )  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:33 pm
Name:Nohbodee
Medium used:Felt tipped pen
Submission : http://x-sane-asylum-x.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3ccq33  

Nobodys Fault

Beatrix White

Beloved Flatterer

11,250 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:23 pm
Application form
Name: Beatrix White
Medium used: photoshop cs4
If this is a commission, who commissioned you : Shivoc (she was recently banned so...)
Submission :
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:54 pm
Oh really! shivoc was banned? what did she get baned for? do you know O.o  

Kai_Chi
Captain

Lady Pyrien

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:29 pm
Started drawing again ^_^ i should have my character uploaded in time for this contest ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:09 pm
Kai_Chi

I don't know really, she hasn't seemed to be on her other mule account either so i don't know if that got banned either. But she is using the name sexual oragutan, so maybe she's trying to get her account back. Who knows...  

Beatrix White

Beloved Flatterer

11,250 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250

little Hollywood Diva

1,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:06 am
what r u post to put in the Submission part and for the name do u put your username or the pic. name?

(im new to thise)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:26 am
Name: xXAlice_B-RabbitXx
Medium used: Paper and pen
Submission :
User Image  

getsmoked

Anxious Vampire

Kai_Chi
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:45 pm
Beatrix White
Kai_Chi

I don't know really, she hasn't seemed to be on her other mule account either so i don't know if that got banned either. But she is using the name sexual oragutan, so maybe she's trying to get her account back. Who knows...

ah? ok well guess its a mystery X3 I did a commission for her a while back as well  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:46 pm
littel Hollywood Diva
what r u post to put in the Submission part and for the name do u put your username or the pic. name?

(im new to thise)

that's quite alright : 3 the submission part is where you post the image you wish to submit in the contest : ) if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!  

Kai_Chi
Captain

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas