Color Me Fubar
Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:43 pm
A thread for the RP set in the Wheel of Time world. Timed immediately after Tarmon Gai'don. Unless there are a lot of party members, locations changes will just be noted in a post, not a move to another thread.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:28 pm
((Sorry this one is so long, I was just practicing setting scenes, it's been so long. They don't all have to be big.))

The inn, the Fox's Paw, was quite a few steps down from a quality stay and not very high above being a complete dump. The hand-carved wooden stairs and bar and heavy oak furniture that looked like it had once been expensive provided the only atmosphere worth noting. Windows were set deep in the stone walls and provided little light, leaving the rooms to the mercy of candles and lanterns, flickering shadows hiding those used to fading into shadows. The patrons provided the rest of the tone – mercenaries, thieves and unsavory travelers of all sorts were scattered throughout the main room. Some skulked in groups of twos and threes, but most sat alone, waiting for whatever business had brought them there in the first place. The inn was in a desolate place, tucked away in Braem Wood a few days' travel from Jornhill. Only people who had no desire to be found came to the Fox's Paw.

Which is how Cellyn found herself tucked away in a corner near the fireplace, the heat blasting from the stone hole warding away some of the icy chill in the air from the dead of winter, wondering why she was there. Her hair was pinned back from her face, a heavy dark-brown cloak covering her vibrant, indigo gown. While the color wasn't the most practical for traveling, the material was and that was all that mattered to the merchant's daughter. She toyed with the silver in her ear briefly before realizing it only drew attention to her and clasping her hands in front of her.
"Being lost is not necessarily a bad thing," she reasoned softly, staring at her fingers. "I might find something of value out of the way here, after all. I should take this as an opportunity to learn more about this area. And then find someone to get me out of here as soon as possible."
Her murmurs were interrupted when a fight broke out at the bar, quickly broken up by the beefy man holding a quarterstaff. The bartender and owner both, it was clear he took his responsibility to protect his land very seriously and the offenders slunk away to lick their wounds.  

Color Me Fubar
Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Nojanath

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:27 pm
Noj laughed, running a hand through his hair as the old man separated him from the twit. He had a bit of a reputation for starting fights here, but most of them were deserved on the other party. Then again, he was still disturbing the peace. The old innkeeper gave Noj one of those 'you know better' looks before saying, "Lad, even if you're on some tour of justice, keep it out of my tavern."

"What'd I do? I was dicing with this fellow and he tried to slip the dice." Maybe punching him in the face was a bit much, but still. Slipping a smirk to the grumbling, bloody-nosed rat faced man, he shrugged. "But I do apologize as much as you could possibly conceive." He swooped down into a deep, mocking bow.

"Ye know lad, one day someone bigger that you is gonna show you that yer smart mouth is more trouble than it's worth." And with that the leathery man returned behind the bar to appease other grumbling patrons. The good thing about his unique abilities was that he looked much younger than he really was, so most of his 'elders' marked off his attitude for immature brashness, or something. And everyone else left him alone because of how comfortable he looked with a blade at his hip, which is something you only get from using it for any prolonged period of time.

Crossing his arms over his head in a yawning stretch, Noj walked over to a table that had another patron in some gaudy color huddled in it and plopped himself on the opposite corner, enjoying the fire.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:43 pm
Cellyn raised an eyebrow as she glanced up at the man. A slight frown appeared on her face, although there wasn't much she could do to protest his sitting down at her table. Other than the fact she was one of the only women in the place - and most certainly the only woman with standards of any kind.

She peered at him from under her lashes, not really caring if she was subtle or not. "I suppose he's handsome enough," she admitted to herself grudgingly, that being the only positive thing she could find about the man by looking at him.

"And you would be?" she asked, her sweet tone deceptively innocent. "I wouldn't care, normally, but why you had to sit at my table and block the heat from me, I'm rather curious about, you see," she continued with a full smile.  

Color Me Fubar
Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Nojanath

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:52 pm
Noj glanced back. "Aren't you a grumpy one? I sat here cause you're the one least likely to stab me that I could see. And this is a great seat for soaking up the heat from the fire. If you were so worried about it, then why hide in a corner. Not much you can do to hide that color than soaking it in a pit of ink." Chuckling to himself, he rubbed his hands together by the fire, tempted to grab a stool from somewhere to get closer.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:59 pm
"I'm not trying to hide the color, or else why would I wear it?" Cellyn said snarkily, pointedly moving aside the cloak tro display her gown more prominently. She watched the man carefully, trying to take his measure as she was so good at doing. However, he was either more complicated than most men or a great deal more simple, because she wasn't sure just what kind of man she was looking at it.

She smiled again, ignoring a few whistles sent her way when she had brushed the cloak aside. "Do you think I'm least likely to stab you because I'm a female?" she asked curiously.  

Color Me Fubar
Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Nojanath

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:03 pm
Noj shrugged, "No, it's the color. The stabby people tend to try and hide their presence as much as possible when they decide to become stabby is all. Plus blood stains whatever that color is rather bad, and would place a beacon on you after you left this...fine establishment." He could feel her eyes on him, but frankly he didn't care. More...he wondered how the food here tasted. He was in the mood for some lamb.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:12 pm
A very unladylike snort escaped Cellyn and she shook her head. "I know that was sarcasm, but it was still funny, nonetheless," she admitted. "And stabby? Is that a new technical term that I haven't heard from these fine gentlemen before?" she asked, gesturing slightly around the room with an amused expression on her face. She could tell he was thinking something, wondered if it was serious or not, then decided she really didn't much care. What was irritating her was that the larger figure was soaking up all the heat, the only reason she had sat in the room and not gotten a private room when she had arrived.

With a sweep of her skirts, Cellyn rose and danced around Noj. It was a careful sort of motion that avoided touching him at all, graceful until she plopped herself down on the floor near the hearth, tucking her skirts carefully away from the flames.  

Color Me Fubar
Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Nojanath

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:40 pm
Noj chuckled, shaking his head. "No, I just tend to enjoying making up words, it makes me feel enlightened, or something." He glanced around the room noticing a few venomous looks with a sigh. Not only was he chatting up the only woman in the room who was worth chatting up (in his opinion, he couldn't really talk for everyone there) but he had previously peeved many of the regulars there. It might just be a fine time to scramble, after some lamb. No, lamb could wait he supposed. He glanced to the woman by the fire, deciding that he'd feel bad leaving her behind. Grabbing a scrap of paper and some charcoal, he scratched 'leaving is a good idea' before standing up and walking past, purposefully tripping over his own feet and shoving the note into her lap. Scrambling to his feet, playing a drunk, he stumbled off to the door, noting the sounds of a few scraping chair legs on the ground. Hopefully this was gonna be more fun than the last bar fight.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:25 pm
Cellyn uncrumpled the piece of paper in her lap and read it in surprise, blinking a few times. She had been harassed by many men, but she had to say that it was the first time one had cared if she had gotten in trouble with others. One eyebrow only slightly higher than the other, her face suggesting to those watching that she had been propositioned, she rose to her feet and gathered her cloak and satchel up. The noises of discontent were growing a bit louder as she strode out the door as if she owned the place.

The man was standing outside in the snow - she noticed his dirty hair, grayer than the snow falling on it. "Thank you," she said, a bit grudgingly. "They don't seem very happy in there," followed it, in almost a cheerful tone of voice.  

Color Me Fubar
Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Nojanath

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:36 pm
Noj shrugged, a bit disappointed. People had stood up, but no one approached him sadly, whatever. "There's a skill in picking shady taverns, and a skill in knowing when too leave." Noj shivered a little, not having any real means of a jacket besides a thick cloak. He was hoping to pick through the pockets of unconscious drunks/disgruntled people so he could buy thicker cloths. Oh well, there were always wolves...and Trollocs if they happened across one of the left over roving bands, but that was a last resort. Trollocs were a hassle and no matter what you did to their pelts, they always smelled bad. Patting his pouches, the lack of clinging noises disheartened him slightly. Camping in snow wasn't fun without a tent...or with one even. The cold sucked. "Well, it was a pleasure Miss..." Noj looked her up and down, "Indigo, but I need some food, and some thicker clothes, so I'll be off." All he really had was his knives, but he could fashion a trap with those and capture a rabbit, which he could use to lure a wolf hopefully. Light.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:43 pm
She graced him with a sour expression. "Cellyn Deirut," she informed him, not bothering to try to shake hands. She had the suspicion he'd laugh at her if she tried. It was easy for her to spot his shivering and she couldn't help but smile to herself.
"I need a way out of here and he looks like he could use some money," she thought, an idea quickly forming as she picked her way through the worsening storm to the stable.

"I have a spare cloak, if you're interested," she offered over her shoulder. "Mister White. I do need something for it, however. I find myself lost in these blasted woods and you seem like somone who - well, doesn't know where he's going but can get out of trouble easily enough," she admitted with a slight shrug.  

Color Me Fubar
Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Nojanath

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:50 pm
Noj turned it over in his mind for a moment. "Sure I guess, but to where, South right? I might have been here most of my life but by the Creator this place is so cold Damnation looks inviting." He couldn't deny what she said, he needed money, had no real destination, but, he wasn't good at avoiding, more like really good at just dealing with it. Not that he'd say it out loud though...free money is free money, and that was that.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:56 pm
"South is fine, wherever will take me out of these accursed forests. I've never been so lost in all my life," she complained, fully in the shelter of the stable now. Her horse, a bay gelding, snorted as she stroked his nose. The rest of her supplies were still by his hooves, she noted in amusement. She had supposed right, her things weren't worth taking a hoof or two to the face for.
"Here is the cloak. And as long as you travel with me, I'll provide all funds for necessary expenses," she told him, pulling a heavy black cloak out of a saddlebag and handing it to the man. "And it would be nice, knowing your name, since you know mine," she added pointedly, staring up at him.  

Color Me Fubar
Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Nojanath

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:02 pm
Noj looked reverently at the cloak, almost not wanting to put it on because it seemed to be such a thing of beauty. Almost, he was bloody COLD. Sweeping the nice heavy cloak over the one he was already wearing probably looked odd but it was warm! "Alright Cellyn (Noj has absolutely no care about proper familiarity), I'll take you up on the offer. My name is Noj Anath, and I'm certain my father came up with it with a pair, or I suppose trio of dice. Not that it matters." After fiddling with the duo of cloaks, Noj had managed to pull the original over his head to make a makeshift hood, adding further to how ridiculous he looked.  
RP Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff