Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Necromancy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hopeless Joker

Beloved Phantom

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:02 pm
@monckey77 is actually acurate the body is a meaningless host, the only thing that matters are "souls" and "spirits"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:46 pm
Hopeless Joker
@monckey77 is actually acurate the body is a meaningless host, the only thing that matters are "souls" and "spirits"

If the body is a meaningless host then why do we have it at all? Why bother with physical reality?  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:57 pm
addicted to sin
Mitsh
addicted to sin
13east 666
Yeah but then again you dont trap them. You can get them out of the house indeed?! 3nodding

Necromancy in and of itself a dark art (note I didn't say evil), I think we're talking about two diffrent necromancies. I'm refering to where it started in the Necromonicon (I don't mean the ones from the movies either) and the Key of Solomon its not evil but its not something I would openly admit practicing either. Which I don't, but in either case I've never heard of souls working with a living being willingly. Ever, and I mean human not a totem, spirit guide, gaurdian, etc etc. spirits.

The Necronomicon details Lovecraftian/Sumerian entities, not the spirits of the dead; necromancy isn't really an appropriate term for it.
Point taken, but I was just throwing out names, I still stand by my original stance.

actually i dont know why you would even really count that...lovecraft literally just made up the book so its not a real grimoire. the only cannon line from it is "That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die"
so yeah, not really related to this topic much in my opinion  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:58 pm
well what do you wish to do? speak to the dead? or raise the dead? or other things?  

neko-mata-01

Satans Dolly

Beloved Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:28 pm
Not really I wanted to find out more information mostly.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:03 pm
I3east 666
Not really I wanted to find out more information mostly.

well ok, basically necromancy can both be divination through spirits and the literal control of the dead and death (think zombies, ghosts, etc).
this would technically mean that even psychic mediums claiming to speak with the dead are using necromancy  

neko-mata-01

Satans Dolly

Beloved Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:08 am
Yeah I know I wanted to scope more about it though- I do know that though.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:17 pm
Obscurus
Hopeless Joker

If the body is a meaningless host then why do we have it at all? Why bother with physical reality?

everybody has different reasons for example in christianity we were made in the image of god  

Hopeless Joker

Beloved Phantom

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:20 pm
Hopeless Joker
Obscurus
Hopeless Joker

everybody has different reasons for example in christianity we were made in the image of god

But why create us at all, or create the physical universe for that matter? That's my question.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am
I believe that the existence of the physical realm is the existence of what I would call the "main" realm. In every religion, your actions here are what matters. After you depart, all you have left are the consequences of your actions here. It could be said that the physical universe is really the important one and that everything else is remnants of something done here.  

astrenose

Quotable Explorer

6,225 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:05 am
Obscurus
Hopeless Joker
Obscurus
Hopeless Joker

But why create us at all, or create the physical universe for that matter? That's my question.

Anonymous created the physical world and did it for the lulz? Sounds like one of the best theories I've heard thus far. razz  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:19 pm
Vanilla eXee
Obscurus
Hopeless Joker
Obscurus
Hopeless Joker

Anonymous created the physical world and did it for the lulz? Sounds like one of the best theories I've heard thus far. razz

I maintain that God is the ultimate troll.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:53 pm
Obscurus
Vanilla eXee
Obscurus
Hopeless Joker
Obscurus
Hopeless Joker

I maintain that God is the ultimate troll.

I'd tip this if we could tip in guilds rofl  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces