Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Customs
Custom Information (New info July 4, 2015)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuon-Yin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:04 am
User Image

This thread should contain everything you need to know about getting your custom under the new rules. If you still have questions, feel free to PM the mule or post in the main thread. Someone there should also be able to answer your question.

User Image Custom References
Do not use/trace over the official lineart for this. We have a neutral set of lineart that you can use if you so wish. Also, do not use other people's pets (from any shop) without permission. I don't want to have to field angry people who had concepts ripped off for whatever reason.

User Image How Many Per Month
You can currently win one custom noodle and familiar each month. This may or may not change depending on future popularity and availability.

User Image Co-Owners
Co-Owners are still not allowed for any noodle or familiar of any kind. Sorry folks, just keep this in mind.

User Image Colorist Rules
Colorists with custom slots open must obey shop rules, however they will also set their own personal set of rules as well. Be sure to read each colorist's thread before you enter/post. If you don't agree with something, don't enter for that particular colorist.

User Image Incomplete Forms
I don't mean forms that just say "Colorist Choice" in spots, I mean forms you post that are half done because you need to find your references or type in gender, descriptions, edits etc. If you post a half-done form, you have until slots close to finish it. If it is not done by then, you will be skipped over for your chance to win.

User Image Guilt Tripping
Don't do it. Don't go around even in PMs trying to get people to not enter, or if they win, to give up their slot for you or someone else. If you are reported or found doing this you will be greylisted. If it continues, you will be banned.

User Image Custom Payment
Payment is to be paid in full within 24 hours. If for some reason you cannot pay in that time frame, talk to your colorist and see if a deal can be struck to pay later. This is usually because of internet or power problems. If you just don't notice/ignore payment, you will lose your slot and someone new will be rolled.

User Image Payment With Items
If your colorist accepts items, you can figure out what items and pay with those so long as it equals the amount owed. Otherwise, colorists typically accept pure gold payments only.

User Image Newbies To Customs
Newbie around the shop typically means you own 0-2 noodles. Some colorists will say different, so always be sure to check what your colorist qualifies as a newbie.

User Image Proxies For Customs
Yes, you may get someone else to enter customs for you. They can enter once for themselves and once on behalf of you in two separate posts. Just be sure that you can pay for the spot the person is entering for you for if you win.

User Image WIP Requests
Talk to your colorist first about getting work in progress images. They may or may not do them, but it's always nice if they will for you.

User Image Chopsticks and Collars
Collars and chopsticks are not to be removed from the noodle for any reason. Minor edits can be made, but for the most part they must remain visible and recognizable. In the event you wish the position of the beads and chopstick to be altered, permission must be obtained by Meha, and the original line art for those items must be cut and spliced back in. They can not be hand drawn by the colorist.
Examples: [xxx] [xxx] [xxx] <-- Should not be done.

User Image Kirin Hairstyles
Currently due to the way the Kirin templates were made, not all staff are going to be comfortable with changing the hairstyle from the default base. Please ask your colorist before requesting a change in the hairstyle and make sure it is something they can and are willing to do. If they are not, sorry, do not push them.

User Image Redo's for Gen 2's and Up
Redo's for any noodle past second generation is now limited to touching up markings, lineart coloring and cleaning up existing edits. Gen 2's and up may not be redone to add additional edits that they did not have in the first place.
The one exception is for offspring that do not resemble the parents or have strange edit/color choices. Contact a member of staff if you are unsure if your redo fits within the criteria.

User Image Alternative Forms
Alternative Forms (Alt Forms) may be requested, but it is at colorist discretion as to whether they wish to do them. Alt forms are limited to small changes: adding/removing of accessories (jackets, weapons, etc.), color changes (eye color), naked, wingless, etc. Alt form requests however do not apply to a vastly differing appearance for a character. See Multiple Forms below.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:52 am
User Image

User Image Custom Slot Types
Colorist Choice For all noodles 50% or more determined by the colorist.
Unedited For all noodles with just base coloring, no lineart changes at all.
Light/Minor Edits For all noodles with very few, often small, lineart changes.
Moderate Edits For all noodles with a slightly higher level of lineart changes.
Heavy/Cosplay Edits For all noodles with major lineart changes, often in the form of character cosplays.
God/dess For all noodles that are a God or Goddess
Half-Breeds For all noodles that require lineart edits that change it from being a pure, angel, demon, etc.
Spartan/Elite/Transformer For noodles using the stock Spartan/Elite lineart or requesting full cosplay/armor changes to Transformers. Usually heavily armored noodles fall under this category as well.
Re-Custom For noodles already made, just getting their look slightly updated and cleaned up.
Twins For noodles being won together as twins.

User Image

Now, you may be asking yourself what category your custom falls under based on the above. The following information, with some examples, has been put together to help you figure that out.

User Image Colorist Choice
Colorist choice in customs generally means the colorist chooses pretty much everything. There are a few levels of CC noodles and prices (further listed below in another post). This usually means you decide owner (yourself or someone else), the name and sometimes gender. Other times you are allowed all those options then a few color choices and sometimes what breed of noodle. After that, it is up to the colorist to decide every marking, color placement, etc.
You cannot get edits of any kind on CC noodles.

User Image Unedited
You are able to choose every color/marking detail, gender, breed, etc of this type. However there can be absolutely no lineart changes on them at all. They are one of the most basic and simple noodles.

User Image Minor/Light Edits
Any noodle that has light/minor edits usually means small things like simple jewelry and items. Sometimes facial expressions and other slight changes pass for a light or minor edit. If you are unsure, feel free to ask your colorist.
Examples: [xxx] [xxx] [xxx]

User Image Moderate Edits
Noodles with moderate edits usually have very simple hair, slightly more intricate jewelry and clothing such as gloves, scarves, hats, etc. Facial expressions are common changes, as are few lineart changes. Feel free to ask your colorist if you're unsure.
Examples: [xxx] [xxx] [xxx]

User Image Heavy/Cosplay Edits
Noodles with heavy edits usually have full hairstyles, many items, fully clothed and quite a few lineart changes so long as its not half-breed. These types are also often cosplays of characters (certain ones can get by in this section instead of half-breed). Feel free to ask your colorist.
Examples: [xxx] [xxx] [xxx] [xxx]

User Image God/dess
Gods and Goddesses are never seen in customs, but are available as bribes to colorists (when open), in breedings and other shop events.

User Image Half-Breeds
Half-breed noodles still use the same base lineart but often have different tails, unique wings, hooves, slight face/snout changes, ear changes, etc. Anything that keeps it recognizable as a noodle, but no longer classifies it as a true fox. Very rarely some cosplay noodles will end up here with an extra fee for the edits.

User Image Spartan/Elite/Transformers/Armor
Spartans of any kind (from Halo, not Greece) cannot be obtained in customs or bribes any longer. Breedings are the only way to get one now.
Elites (from Halo) have a stock set of lineart, so the price tends to be very low, but slot chances are also low. There are two types for each gender (you may only get both types for each gender if RP and character development allows for it). Males are commonly armored warriors, but can also be clothed commoners. Females are commonly clothed commoners, but can be armored warriors.
Transformers are obviously a rank all their own and usually very expensive. Only certain colorists will do them because of the heavy armor edits required for each one. They are considered cosplays but depending on difficulty can cost a bit extra. Canon characters can be obtained anytime a slot is open, OCs must be approved by staff.
Heavy Armor is also close to the rank of Transformer. While they can also be cosplay, if armor is not stock (like the Spartans and Elites) it can be extremely time consuming and difficult. Getting one of these will also cost more.
Examples: [xxx] [xxx] [xxx] [xxx] [xxx] [xxx]

User Image Re-Custom
If you want to re-custom, it must be to just get a noodle you already own re-done. You cannot add/remove any edit, change the breed type, markings, etc. It is simply to update the look, usually because of shaky edit lines.
The only exception is Elites (from Halo) with plot/RP proving they are no longer a commoner or a warrior. This is used to get the armor or clothing side of your Elite. Purely for RP/Character purposes.

User Image Twin Noodles
Twins can be entered only when slots are open for them. If you enter for a set of twins and win, you must wait an extra month to re-enter customs.
IE: You win twins in January, you can re-enter customs again in March.
Twins are to look as similar as possible as far as markings, colors and edits. They may be same or opposite genders however. They also cannot breed with each other.
The cost of twins is double what it would be for just one noodle of that edit type. If you are getting two Unedited noodles for say 100k each, twins are 200k to get both.

User Image

A few extra notes about getting yourself a cosplay noodle should be known. Please read the following and make sure you understand everything.

User Image Multiple Forms
If a character has two different forms that look VASTLY different they can exist in the shop, however they can not be obtained at the same time due to the extreme differences in appearance, this is due to the one custom a month rule and even though the same character it would count as two customs. Generally these forms will usually be owned by the same person provided they want both forms for RP purposes. If you wish to own the second form of any character, you are required to obtain permission from the original owner before entering customs for that character form.
Examples: Ranma Male/Female, Bleach: Ichigo and Hollow Ichigo, Batman and Bruce Wayne

User Image Opposite Genders
If the character does not apply to the above, and the character is already owned by someone in the shop you cannot get them in the opposite gender. A good example is between Frey and myself. She has Paine from Final Fantasy X-2, who is female. In RPs in the past, I had an alternate male version of Paine. Since Frey owns female, I cannot get male for any reason.

User Image Character Twins
Twins can exist together within the shop if they are cosplays of characters because they are seen as two different people entirely. If one person owns one but not the other it is free game. One person, however, may enter for both twins if a slot is open and can pay for them.

User Image Real Life People
The shop does not allow cosplays of Real Life People, be they actors, Youtube personalities, drag queens, etc. etc. No pet should ever be based 100% on a person's actual appearance, the only exception being when a custom is based on a certain actors version of a character.
Example: Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark/Iron Man as opposed to one of the comic book versions of his appearance.
Note: While there are a few pets based on real people, they were made before this rule went into effect.

Kuon-Yin
Vice Captain

Kuon-Yin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:05 am
User Image

There are a handful of different types of noodles out there to also consider for your custom. Take a look and read the following on each.

User Image

User Image Normals
Normals are your basic noodle. They generally have no wings, no horns, no strange mutations of any kind. They are just a normal fox with nothing strange or interesting about them.

User Image

User Image Angelics
Angelics are very obvious from their feathery wings and usually bright looks. There are many cases of dark colored angels, but for the most part they are all distinctive by wings alone.

User Image

User Image Demonics
Demons each have a set of horns and leathery bat wings. Most of them come with bad attitudes and dark colors. There are of course many exceptions, but will always have both wings and horns.

User Image

User Image Aquatics
Aquatics have become common place around the surrounding area. They are finned, with long, fish-like tails and rarely stray far from water. They come in a wide variety of colors like any and all noodles do.

User Image

User Image Kirin
Kirin have a slight amount of magic, mostly related to healing and helping others. However, they compare in no way to a God or Goddess in their power. Many keep a similar hairstyle, but it's not uncommon for others to change their look.

User Image

User Image Elites
Elites are their own brand of interesting alien noodle. They are from the Halo universe and have a set of rules and customs in their society. Each has a split set of jaws, usually four unless lost/scarred in battle.

User Image

User Image God/desses
Gods and Goddesses are celestial beings sent to act as guardians over families by Kuon-Yin herself. Rarely she sends them without reason, and one will never let harm come to their family. They also each have domains of their own and very minor magical abilities because of that.
You cannot get a god/dess in customs.

User Image

User Image Half-Breeds
Cross-Breeds and Half-Breeds fall in the same category. A cross-breed is usually found when two different parents breed (IE: Angel and Demon) giving the child one of each wing type, or a set of angel wings and demon horns. Half-Breeds are no longer full fox, but instead strange mixes of other animals and are found all over.

User Image

User Image Familiars
Coffee - Sun Bear
Tea - Tanuki
Ramune - Piglets
Lemon - Kirin
Sake - Dragons (Adult noodles only)

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:24 am
User Image

If you feel you cannot figure the price of your noodle correctly, PM your colorist and make sure things are correct within their workings. Usually just adding the base price (with the exception to CC's, cosplays, heavy armor and Transformers) to the edit/growing price gets you where you need to be.

User Image Base Prices
Normals 100k
Angelics 150k
Demonics 150k
Aquatics 200k
Kirin 200k
Elites 100k+ (Custom armor adds to cost)
Half-Breeds 300k+ (Based on edits/addons)
Cosplays 500k+ (Based on addons)
Transformers --- (Undetermined at this time)

User Image Extras
Bowl to Adult 10k+ (Based on edits)
Kit to Adult 5k+ (Based on edits)

User Image Edits/Addons
CC Rank 1 30k (Name, gender, 1 color)
CC Rank 2 50k (Name, gender, 2 colors)
CC Rank 3 75k (Name, gender, 3 colors)
Unedited Based on breed base price
Light/Minor 150k Extra
Moderate 200k Extra
Heavy/Cosplay 300-500k+
Heavy Armor --- (Undetermined at this time)

Familiars just have a base price to be colored after their noodle. If you are getting edits to match your noodle, Gold Branch Tea or any other form of custom familiar edit prices must be added.

User Image Familiars
Base 5k
Drink to Form 5k Extra
Light/Minor 10k Extra
Moderate 20k Extra
Heavy/Cosplay 30-50k Extra

Kuon-Yin
Vice Captain

Kuon-Yin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:38 am
User Image