Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:29 pm
User Image

Aithne loved name time. The quiet, everyone was sleeping. Even the nanny was sleeping! Everything was peaceful and she had nothing to worry about. Which is exactly why she loved it. It was a perfect time for her to sneak out and cause trouble where she could. Her mother and father were out working so she had no reason to worry about. She grinned as she started to carefully walk over all of them other bodies in the den. Careful not to make a sound or step on anyone as she went.

She popped her head out of the den and looked around making sure the coast was clear. Occasionally her older siblings would be lurking around the den but there was none today and this made her extremely happy. She stood outside of the den and puffed her chest out proudly, part of the biggest task was done! She turned back and made sure that she hadn't woken anyone before turning around and grinning ear to ear and breaking out into a trot. She was excited, there were very few times that this worked, sure she got out at times but her father would come out and find her but she knew that he didn't have to worry too much today.

However she now had to face the second hardest part of the day, she had to figure out what she wanted to do now that she was out of the den. She looked around curiously but continued walking, she had an eye of where to go, there was a big rock not that far off that she wanted to go to. She trotted a little faster and grin as she could see it in her sights. Today was turning out to be successful. She thought that until she noticed some one else already there. She stopped in her tracks and stared not very happy with the fact some one was there. She scrunched up her face and stared. How dare he. She approached getting closer to him before calling to him.

"You have something on your back."

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:57 pm
User ImageSaoiraed was having a lot of fun today. He'd been turned loose by his tutor early...his apprentice group had done really well in some drills it had seemed. They'd been supposed to report for naps eventually, but in a rare fit of rebellion, he'd stayed out. He was in sight of the den he shared with his siblings and their nanny, and she was watching from the cool dark depths, seemingly amused with the male's antics. That was good. He liked to make people smile.

He'd gone to the big rock because he'd seen a lizard there earlier. He was training to be a soldier, not a hunter, but it was a critical skill too, and he thought he might practice pouncing on the poor thing if it showed up. He was wearing his cape and bracers, as usual. They'd grown a little tighter but were still pretty loose on his legs. He didn't have delusions of being a hero, he just liked the cloth because he'd dug it up, and no one else had one. It was special.

He'd become adept at flipping it out of his way over his back. That's where it was now as he was stalking around the big stone. Sooner or later that lizard would come out and...oh! He had company!He perked up and turned to face...a very cranky looking girl his own age! He thought he'd seen her around at training. What was her name? Oh it was on the tip of his tongue!

"Oh! Yes! That's just my cape! I found it you know!" He beamed at her, and spun to make it swish about. The gold bangles on his legs glinted in the sun, and his white fur only made the glare worse. He was an eyesore, and a cheerful one. "I'm Saoiread!" He dipped low in a genuine bow. "I think I know your name. From practice. Are you... It's A-something, I know. A...Ath...Aith...Well something like that. Heh!"

ShinosBee

Nerd

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:57 am
Aithne looked at the lion pretty her brow was arched and she stared at him in disbelief, was he really doing this, was he really talking this much? She wasn't even that sure, he seemed so happy, were firekins even allowed to be that happy. Sure they were allowed to be happy but was a warrior allowed to be that happy. She stared at him still not that sure of what to say. Her parent's words rang in the back of her head, she shouldn't make fun of him or be rude to him. But damn! He annoyed her.

She kept quiet until he finished his rave, she stared once again before speaking out to him. "No, I didn't know you found it." She her tone was full of sarcastic and annoyance. A Cape? That was the most silly thing she had ever heard of in her entire life! "A cape? You look silly. Warriors don't have capes, warriors don't need capes." Her words were harsh but she felt it was true. She stood on the rock proudly and puffed out her chest. "It's Aithne." She spat annoyed that he didn't get her name right. It was easy! How could he not get something that simple right.

She has seen him before though, it was reasonable for him to know her name, she did practice occasionally with him but she never really talked to him. Couldn't he get the idea that she wasn't nice from the way she acted during practice. Was he even okay in the head? All of these thoughts were in her mind, she really had no clue of what else to say to him, but she knew she couldn't just walk away from him. "Look, Saoiread, this is my rock." She looked down on it and then firmly stomped her paws on the rock before staring at him intensely then speaking once again. "What do you want anyway?" Maybe it would have been better if she just stayed home?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:27 am
Saoiraed might have seemed to be unaware of her disapproval of his attitude, but the opposite was really true. He knew she hadn't taken to him, but that fact just amused him. He was so nice and friendly, what wasn't to like? Firekin were so stuffy. Those who'd once been rogues he'd noticed often didn't have the permanently sour mood. His own father was one of those. Probably that was what gave him the right attitude.

"I know. Warriors get strength from within, not from without. But I found it, so why not keep it?" He grabbed it in his mouth and threw it back over his back. "Ahhh, that's right. Aithne. I forgot." He smiled cheerfully. He'd remember from here out, he was sure. It was easier to remember friends than acquaintances, wasn't it?

He looked up at her perched on the rock. He'd almost but not entirely forgotten why he'd come. "Your rock? That is funny. The other day when I was here, another juvenile said it was his rock. Do you two share it? I would like to share too, if that's okay. Me? I came here because I saw a lizard on your rock the other day. I thought I might be able to catch it, and either eat it or share it. Sharing's good, you know."

ShinosBee

Nerd

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:22 pm
She knew she had an attitude and she knew that she let it out on others. She also knew that she was mostly in a sassy and sour mood however no one could really figure out where it came from. there was her trouble making nephew but at the same time everyone figured that her attitude was something just really different. Her parents were at most times calm and pretty nice however she just kind of had her own personality.

She stared at him and held a very unimpressed look, she couldn't help but to really not be amused by the talk he had. "It doesn't help your cause hero." She didn't fight off the scoff. She stared at him again as he talked, why was he so cheerful anyway? She wasn't being nice to him she didn't understand what was going on with him anyway. She shook his head once again. "I don't remember your name." She said bluntly, showing off her unimpressed self even more. She sat back even more not sure of what to say to him. She was not amused.

Another juvenile was on her rock. At that point she looked up and then made a face. "Who was here?" She demanded standing up quickly. She was quickly bent out of shape even more looking around she stood up lowering her nose to the ground and sniffing around it the area her mind was on something else now. "Was he a dark male? That's my nephew he thinks he owns this rock but it's mine!" She grumbled more and more as she walked around it grumbling more and more as she walked around before she turned toward him.

Was he really asking her to share? Did it seem like she shared well. But then again some one already thought that they owned it. But if it was her nephew then she would just fight him later. She stared at him he just seemed too excited but she could make him a deal... She was hoping she could anyway. "Okay hero, kid, whatever, look." she motioned toward the rock. "I will share it with you as long as you remember it was mine first!" She huffed as she looked at it. It was really a large slab of rock big enough to hold a about two adults, maybe she wasn't sure. But she could share it. "And when you're here you can't act annoying!" She was the queen of this rock! It was bad enough that she was going to agree to share this with some one she didn't want it coming back and biting her later on. "And you BETTER NEVER show this to anyone else!" She huffed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:14 am
"That's okay. I'm Saoiraed. I don't talk too much at practice, because I know when it's time to work, so I might not have introduced myself to you before." He smiled at her, and kept sniffing around at the base of the stone. He could smell the lizard, it was probably hiding under the big rock. "Dark? Maybe. I don't remember that well. If he thinks it's his then that probably was him." He shrugged. "Or maybe someone else. There's not a lot of rocks in this part of the pride, so I guess lots of cubs all want them. I think they all could fit up there, you know. So you could share, if you wanted."

"I'm not a hero." He butted in on her tirade. "Not yet. One day I want to be a great warrior. Maybe a war hero! But not yet. I'm just Saoiraed." He nodded. "Of course. It wasn't MY rock for sure. Though really right now I don't need to share it. I'm just looking beside it, and under it. But it's nice you want to share. Sharing's good, and important." He chuckled. "It's a rock! Unless we bury it there's no way not to show anyone. It's out in plain sight, y'know! If you wanted, I guess, I could help you bury it. If you asked nice. That's important too, saying please." He smiled, genuinely happy and glad to have apparently made this female into a friend.

"But I won't bring anyone here, if that's what you mean." He hopped up on the rock and butted his head against hers, just a friendly cub gesture. "It'll be our secret, I promise. And if you want, you can try on my cape!"

ShinosBee

Nerd

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:59 am
"Saoiraed...." She repeated his name, mostly for himself. If he was thinking about remembering his name. She didn't like forgetting names, even if she didn't really want to spend time with the other. She paused once again staring at him as he sniffed around the rock. Why was he doing that? "Can you stop smelling the rock?" Aithne growled as she sat back on the rock trying to be patience for once and trying not to snap at the other cub. She normally didn't bother with the whole patience thing, but she just wanted to not make the cub upset at all that was for sure. He seemed like he would get upset. And she wanted to know who was on her rock!

She growled at him and shook his head. "Whatta mean you don't remember!?" She growled at him stomping her foot down on the rock. "You know there was some one here but you don't remember what they look like!?" She scraped her claws against the rock as she watched him before speaking. "I'm not going to bury my rock. Others are going to learn to stay away from it." She really wanted that to happen she didn't want anyone to come over and see her rock because it was her rock. She didn't like it when anyone played with her rock. "Beside if I bury it and some one unburied it they think they've found a huge treasure and then they'll think that it's all theirs then I'll have a bigger problem on my paws." She paused once again and then tossed him a glance. "I do not want to wear your cape."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:37 pm
He looked up from his sniffing and gave a little smile. "Well okay, but it's easier to tell who was here if it wasn't him by the smell...oh well." He cocked his head a bit. "What's wrong with sharing? It's a big rock..." He might be rehashing some of what he'd said already, but he did believe in being nice and sharing. Not very firekin-like, maybe...but he was really only saying she should share with other firekin. That was normal, right?

"Well, okay. If you change your mind, let me know!" He smiled and hopped of the sand and up onto the stone. Almost immediately the same lizard he'd been sniffing for came shooting out. It had been waiting for him to move so it could run! With a little cub-like growl he threw himself on it, pinning it neatly. "Got it!" He lifted a toe to peek in his paws at it. You want it, Ath? Or should I let it go? Or you could keep it as a pet! It's still alive." It'd be a shame to kill it if she wasn't gonna eat it.

ShinosBee

Nerd

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:26 pm
Aithne shook her head with a small chuckle, "I guess that would be a pretty good way to figure it out." she commented quietly as she thought about it. She was pretty sure that it was the best decision at this point. But at the same time she was pretty sure that she was it was one of her cousins she was going to have to sniff around and find out if it was. She moved closer to the rock and before she began smelling she looked up at the male. He really wanted to share the rock didn't he? She didn't know what to think about this but she was just going to deal with it. "I'll think about it." She said grumpily. Before huffing and looking at him not that sure of what else to say except for something that was still bothering her. "I don't get why you're watching that." she huffed again she wasn't too sure of what to think about the male's cheery personality. There were very few times that the lioness ran into very bright and cheery firekins like him.

She paused for a moment then nodding toward him again. "Yeah I'll think about it", she stated simply once again, she really didn't know that sure of what to hink about sharing, she really didn't want to but she was going to suck it up for a little bit and share with him for a little bit. She was a little confused as seeing him go for something. She was a little confused as she watched him. She blinked a few times before making a small face at him. "No, it's your catch, I don't want it." she stated before she started to sniff around the rock once again.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:02 am
Saoiraed was almost glad when she decided not to eat the lizard. His instinct was to pounce it, and to train himself, but he didn't want to eat it either. And if they wouldn't eat it, killing it would be a waste. He peeked between his paws again, then released the poor thing, which shot out and burrowed down into the sand. He chuckled. "Well he's happy at least. You might have to share with him, if only because I don't think he speaks lion. And it's not like we're using the bottom of the rock anyways!"

He hopped back up onto it and plopped down, licking his paws. "You know, I'm glad I ran into you day. It's nice making friends outside my own litter. Maybe I'll see you at training sometime?" A distant call of his name made his ears perk, and with nothing more than a smile over his shoulder, he bounced off and away to home.

((This needed a tenth post. >_> Sorry it's crappy, wanted to tail it off, been so long.))  

ShinosBee

Nerd

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces