All aboard the E3 hype train! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:18 pm
How about an actual E3 thread? There's been no video game spirit in this guild for far too long. Who else is pumped for this year's E3? I know that I certainly am, and with the way things are going, this one may shape up to be the best ever, at least for Nintendo.

What do you expect we'll see? What don't you expect we'll see that you're hoping for? What do you think Microsoft and Sony are going to try to whirlwind up to take the wind out of Nintendo's sales, and how will Sony react to their hacking debacle onstage?

It's only a couple of weeks away now. Consider me excite.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:35 pm
Nintendo: I'm thinking that my ultimate E3 would include the following things: Nintendo will again, have a two hour press conference, and in the first hour, show off a huge slate of 3DS and Wii titles which get us intensely pumped for those two systems. The Wii will get the new Kirby game we saw a few months back, Pandora's Tower, Rhythm Heaven, and Skyward Sword, with maybe an added bonus, before the system begins to lean back and make way for Cafe. Maybe Nintendo will continue to really support it as well, or maybe we'll actually see a third party give it good support, though that is a pipe dream. Donkey Kong Country Returns 2? I can really see that happening, because the first one did very, very well. Throw in the swordfish, frog, and a slew of new ideas and great music, and you've got a sure-fire seller. Pikmin 3.

The 3DS will have its blowout this year, with release dates/windows announced for all of its huge titles, all coming out this year. Kid Icarus, Mario Kart, Starfox, Paper Mario, Super Mario 3DS, Animal Crossing and more. We'll get announcements for new 3DS games, maybe a neat Donkey Kong game similar to Jungle Beat with touch screen controls and an over-the-shoulder camera. Fossil Fighters 3D? Perhaps some sort of Pokemon TCG that uses the camera with AR to have battles on tables. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3? Nintendo Vs. Capcom? The 3DS will go online that day as well, and with it, I'm sure we'll get some first-party support on the shop. Maybe a NSMB game with Wi-Fi play? A Kirby title? We'll be hearing more about Netflix support, as well as seeing just how extensive the shop is with demos, videos and the like.

And that's just the first hour. As things seem to be winding down, and people unaware of the two hour mark are getting ready to leave, as perhaps the lights come up, Reggie walks out onstage nonchalantly, whilst drinking a latte, with his or Iwata's Mii face on it, or maybe just the company's name. He takes a long drink and then smiles to the audience as fanboys the world over squeal with delight over Skype. Reggie gives the first details on the console, and after explaining things a bit, he pulls the controller out of his jacket. Everyone's eyes light up at the controller that will bring them joy in the future, but we're confused because we still just don't "get it." Reggie waves his hand and a video plays, showing games running on Project Cafe, along with people using the controller, and it finally clicks, and in a big way. The video ends with the console, the controller, and its final name, whatever that may be. "Super Wii." I don't know. I don't name things.

Iwata comes out on stage and explains things better, and explains why Nintendo made such choices with their next console. He explains their philosophy and how they plan to move forward. He talks about the games seen on screen. Perhaps a newer Zelda (though that seems like shooting yourself in the foot), a Mario game set in the mushroom kingdom, Mario Kart and F-Zero, HD Starfox, and a first person Megaman 11. Miyamoto comes out and demos one of his games, and it goes well, and we all s**t our pants as they leave out the price and date, making us squirm for another half a year for that information. Actually no, since this is my fantasy, they say it'll be ten bucks and it comes out on Christmas. Also Gabe Newell comes onstage and says they're working with Nintendo on their online play and certain games.

More realistic for me rather than fantasy, but still fun to speculate about nonetheless. I'm sure the general predictions I have will be true, and the smaller ones won't be.

Sony: How will they try to compete? I have no idea. Sony will show off the NGP pretty heavily and announce more sequels for their popular franchises. MGS5 doesn't seem too unlikely to me. Sony will actually try to support Move, and give everyone what they've wanted for so long: A swordfighting game with 1:1 control. Lightsabres? Hopefully. I just feel like Move will be a lot of missed potential again. They really don't seem to care much either way. Sony will try to price the NGP at a very low price point to make people see that they will get more for less with it, to try to make Nintendo falter in the handheld gaming market. They'll show off handheld versions of Uncharted, MGS, LBP and God of War. Sony is going to have to talk about their recent hacking, and try to put a positive spin on it. Maybe everyone's Playstation Plus accounts will be extended for six months or something? Really don't know. Kevin Butler will come out and try to calm the anger.

Microsoft: Microsoft will try to prove that Kinect can be used for real gamer games, and ultimately, not succeed. Maybe they will show off a new Halo, but I really have no idea what they can do as a company right now. They'll show off perhaps a new console, I suppose, or talk about it? I really don't know. Maybe they'll try to jump way ahead and use the 360 as a sort of OnLive service for their next console right away, so they can release it without actually releasing it.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:58 pm
I'm just excited about 3DS games, really.

Sometimes I wish Nintendo would stop making consoles and focus on games, but maybe Project Cafe will persuade me otherwise. We'll see.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:36 pm
Yeah, I'm really hoping for a lot of cool new 3DS games and release dates, too. I really need release dates for AC and all the Mario games that have been announced for it so far... plus, I'd like more information about Beyond the Labyrinth. I'm also curious about Project Cafe. Graphics and better online aside, how can it get much better than the Wii? I hope that they really surprise us with it.
I hope the 3DS update comes before E3. I'm really excited for it, especially if it will bring the VC with it.

I want to know a bit more about this NGP thing. I doubt I'll care at all about any games Sony will have to announce. In my fantasy, they finally have that FFVII remake.

If anything interesting happens with Microsoft, I'll hear about it. Not really expecting anything at all, though.

EDIT: I forgot about third-party stuff. Would Atlus be there to announce games? If so, I need to know what this Persona 3DS is all about. I don't need a release date, just tell me which one it's gonna be already!  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:10 am
Meta_Fish
Pikmin 3.

I would be happy this just this.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:14 am
Rad Electropow
Meta_Fish
Pikmin 3.

I would be happy this just this.

Could not agree more. I replayed Pikmin 2 fairly recently and MAN. Good game. More would be awesome.  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:34 pm
I think this E3 Nintendo will give me more than enough reasons to get a 3DS, as well as blow our minds with their new console.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:17 am
Ravi Drums triumphantly returns as Ravi Swords to demonstrate Skyward Sword.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:57 pm
DKCR2 has been in the works since the first one was released, so I've been told. I'm hoping they bring back the original theme and do the score just like the first one. That's one of the main things that made DKCR1 a great game to me.
As for Project Cafe, according to this, the potential name is "Stream", which I am so okay with that I might need new pants. Considering what the system will hold, I'm also fine with the potential price tag of $350-$400, which is still much cheaper than the launch of the PS3, even though it apparently will be more powerful. Potential stereoscopic 3D? I'm all over that.
The only thing that we can hope for that hasn't already been confirmed in some way is the improvement of their online service. We're counting on you, Nintendo, don't disappoint us like you did with E3 a few years ago.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:47 pm
I'm most excited about Cafe, I think, because there is so much about it that we just don't know. When the PS3/360 were coming out, we pretty much knew what to expect. A slightly different controller (the PS3 boomerang, lol, which ended up just being changed to the PS1 controller) and a console with a hard drive and better graphics. Nintendo is impossible to predict, and even with all of our guessing and mockups, I'm willing to be that we aren't even close to knowing anything about Cafe. After E3 we might look back and say that we expected this or that, but right now it's pretty much a total mystery.

Online service improvement is a must for me. I don't want friend codes any more, Nintendo, and I know they'll probably still be there, just give us one universal one and really up the ante for online play. I love playing games in the same room as much as the next guy, but if the next Starfox doesn't let me play co-op with Trenn and Wayne, I'm going to be so upset.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:20 pm
Meta_Fish
the next Starfox

Didn't the guy that made Starfox games say he didn't want to make them anymore? I guess Nintendo could still take it over, but still.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:21 pm
What saddens me the most is that I most likely will not be around to see it live. I might be able to adjust some hours at work, but I'll probably end up missing it. crying  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:29 pm
Nomega
Meta_Fish
the next Starfox

Didn't the guy that made Starfox games say he didn't want to make them anymore? I guess Nintendo could still take it over, but still.
Yeah, and Sakurai didn't want to make more Kirby games, Inafune didn't want to make more Megaman games, Sakurai doesn't want to make any more Super Smash Brothers, and the Katamari guy didn't want to make any more Katamari games. It's not like just the one person will make or break a game. Miyamoto maybe, because he's such a perfectionist, and maybe for a Mario game, because they're always stellar, but I don't think they will stop making Starfoxes, at least while they're profitable.

Trenn Flashkill
What saddens me the most is that I most likely will not be around to see it live. I might be able to adjust some hours at work, but I'll probably end up missing it. crying
NO. UNACCEPTABLE.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:11 pm
Ouch. He no like? Maybe me try fix.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:27 pm
Oh, duh. I bet they pushed the 3DS update back to E3, so that the 3DS gets a huge update, and you can watch E3 trailers and videos on your 3DS. Oh man. 3D footage of all the s**t they announce at E3?  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff