Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
End of the world? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

afullmetalwar

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:54 pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/04/may-21-2011-judgment-day_n_804166.html

May 21, 2011 will mark the second coming of Christ, or at least that's what some Christian groups believe.

The date was calculated by Harold Camping, the leader of an independent Christian ministry called Family Radio Worldwide, which is based in Oakland, Calif. Camping's date is based on his interpretation of the Bible.

Camping's group isn't the only one following his apocalyptic prediction though. A number of loosely affiliated websites and radio broadcasts have created a movement independent of churches that have organized to proclaim the day as the end of the world.

Billboards, bus stop benches, and travelling caravans of RVs from Bridgeport, Conn. to Little Rock, Ark. are being used to spread the word, according to the AP. Allison Warden (pictured) has been helping to organize the campaign not only through billboards and post cards, but through the web, using her site We Can Know.

Camping, 89, says the Bible acts as a calendar by which the dates of prophecies can be calculated. "Beyond the shadow of a doubt, May 21 will be the date of the Rapture and the day of judgment," he told the AP.

While this isn't the first time that the end of the world has been predicted, there are many believers that will adhere to the date, even if it passes. "It would be like telling the Wright brothers that every other attempt to fly has failed, so you shouldn't even try," Chris McCann, who works with eBible Fellowship, told the AP.

what do you think of it?  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:08 pm
Hell, if I die today or tomorrow, what difference does it make? Besides if there is a Rapture. I ain't going. I don't necessarily qualify, now do I? But I will not condone those who do. I just know I'm going to go out with a bang and go to a rockin party! =3  

x-Madame_Chaos-x

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:18 pm
afullmetalwar
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/04/may-21-2011-judgment-day_n_804166.html

May 21, 2011 will mark the second coming of Christ, or at least that's what some Christian groups believe.

The date was calculated by Harold Camping, the leader of an independent Christian ministry called Family Radio Worldwide, which is based in Oakland, Calif. Camping's date is based on his interpretation of the Bible.

Camping's group isn't the only one following his apocalyptic prediction though. A number of loosely affiliated websites and radio broadcasts have created a movement independent of churches that have organized to proclaim the day as the end of the world.

Billboards, bus stop benches, and travelling caravans of RVs from Bridgeport, Conn. to Little Rock, Ark. are being used to spread the word, according to the AP. Allison Warden (pictured) has been helping to organize the campaign not only through billboards and post cards, but through the web, using her site We Can Know.

Camping, 89, says the Bible acts as a calendar by which the dates of prophecies can be calculated. "Beyond the shadow of a doubt, May 21 will be the date of the Rapture and the day of judgment," he told the AP.

While this isn't the first time that the end of the world has been predicted, there are many believers that will adhere to the date, even if it passes. "It would be like telling the Wright brothers that every other attempt to fly has failed, so you shouldn't even try," Chris McCann, who works with eBible Fellowship, told the AP.

what do you think of it?

This senile nutjob's "prediction" caused a woman to euthanize her pets and thousands of people to sell everything they had. The worlds not gonna end for another five billion years or so.
Why must people be so stupid?  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:39 pm
Even if it does happen. It's probably an awful idea to do something drastic. Just in case. I kinda hope it happens. It seems like it would be interesting to see. I kinda hope it ends like Evangelion. Unlikely, but that would be pretty awesome.  

TaoShaman

Mewling Vampire

7,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Atrum_Anima

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:43 pm
I hate end of the world nonsense. So far, the 2012 doomsday date is the only end of the world date that could possibly make any sense, and even then, I seriously doubt it would be 'the end of the world', but rather, 'the end of the world as we know it'. Either way, who would be stupid enough to follow the rantings of some nut when he's interpreting a book that another human wrote? That's like taking the weatherman's forecast and trying to predict the winner of a horse race from it. It's all silly.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:48 pm
Atrum_Anima
I hate end of the world nonsense. So far, the 2012 doomsday date is the only end of the world date that could possibly make any sense, and even then, I seriously doubt it would be 'the end of the world', but rather, 'the end of the world as we know it'. Either way, who would be stupid enough to follow the rantings of some nut when he's interpreting a book that another human wrote? That's like taking the weatherman's forecast and trying to predict the winner of a horse race from it. It's all silly.

This! You took the words right out of my mouth >.>

~L

NocturnalPoemIX

6,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

BleedingInkXIII

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:54 pm
Well. At least we know who are the ones that are at the bottom of the gene pool-the people who do those crazy things (like euthanizing their pets, selling their stuff and what not). Behold, the intelligence of some humans. stare

We're all going to die one day, anyway. Might as well accept the fact and keep living the life you want til the end. And then you go out with a bang! (Hopefully not literally O.o)

(Sorry to anyone that may be offended.) In my opinion, the Bible's just a bunch of stories and lies to strike fear into the feeble minds of people to make them obey and believe in something that can't be proven. So, I don't care if the Bible said that I was going to be the next billionaire; I'm not believing it.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:03 pm
Hahahaha what a bunch of wankers  

Excalibur Foxe

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:17 pm
Not to mention that this time around , Camping is blaming the end of the world this time on the acceptance of gays. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:57 pm
What's going to be funny is when this really happens and all of the good gay people are raptured while these people are left on the ground watching and thinking "WTF"!

Seriously though, the world isn't ending Saturday. For one thing, you can't use the bible to predict the end of the world. This guy should know this, he tried before and failed! Also, the concept of an earthquake destroying the entire world seems just stupid.  

bollier

afullmetalwar

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:23 pm
well personally, if the rapture happens, my will leaves my laptops, and my computers, and all my stuff to my dog... i highly doubt that it will happen, if it does, and i am passed over, i get a geo lol  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:35 pm
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl ohhhhhhhhhhhh what a nutjob!!!!!

even if it were true, i might get raptured b/c i still love Jesus and God. even if i dont get raptured, im gonna fight for Him and stop Satan's minions  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Darkfox Soldier

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:44 pm
Yay! This means I get to host another Rapture party. Everyone is invited!  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:05 pm
Mr. Camping is nothing more than a dime in a dozen. Many people have guessed the end of the world and they were never right. Not saying the world won't end and they aren't onto something, but they don't have the neccessary facts. The Bible is not a calendar. It isn't even God's word. It is man's word. Just a few stories by a bunch of men that weren't even related to God in any way.

What will I be doing on Saturday? I'll probably be celebrating the foolishness of Camping and his loyal followers whilst listening to Voltaire. (Don't judge me, k?) XD  

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:58 pm
21 reasons the world won't end on may 21st
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/11/21-reasons-may-21-not-end-of-world_n_860747.html#s277596&title=1_The_Mayans  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff