Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Aislin the Banshee (READY)- ACCEPTED Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:42 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLMENT FORMUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Name: Aislin (pronounced: ASH-lynn)
Nicknames: Ash

Faction/Race: Ghost // Banshee

Personality: Just because she's a Banshee formed from the rage and despair of her former dieing self doesn't mean she can't be happy. Besides, she doesn't even remember what it was she was so mad about when she kicked it anyway. Not that she'll go out of her way to hug or greet everyone she meets, but generally she's in a pretty good mood most of the time. Meeting new people is always a pleasure (unless they're rotting, uck) and she's something of a collector of 'fascinating friends'. In fact not much really seems to phase her as she just doesn't listen to the things she doesn't want to hear.

It doesn't mean she's completely impervious to everything, though. Hit a subject or topic that she doesn't enjoy and you'll only get one warning - if even. She's got quite a bit of a short fuse when she's finally gotten angry and when it reaches the end you had better be ready for an explosion of screaming rage as she throws a monumental tantrum. These moments of fury are intense but also short lived. More often than not she'll storm off leaving the victim dazed and confused wondering what it was that got her so cheesed off. Give her some time and she'll eventually come back like nothing happened unless the offense was truly heinous (to her, at least).

Aislin is always looking for something 'fascinating' or 'interesting', be it an activity or person. She has a tendency to start a task, throwing herself into it all the way only to eventually lose interest, deem it boring, and promptly move on. She is NOT the person you would want to pair up with when it comes to joint school assignments. This quest for something fun to do often leads her into the path of mischief. Though she won't often instigate it herself she's always along for the ride if someone's got something planned.

Oddly enough Aislin is really very sporty. Classes like Gym and the Activity Club are ironically right up her alley. Being a ghost means she can't really benefit from any effects of training but there is some inherit pull in her towards these kinds of activities. It's probably also one of the few things she'll never lose interest in.

She's really kind of vain. Not necessarily the full blown sociopathic kind of vain but she's confident in her beauty and she's sure that everyone else thinks she's beautiful as well. In fact she might even turn out a bit put off and offended if someone were to tell her outright that they didn't think she was gorgeous. Because of this she's also kind of an unconscious flirt. She's not necessarily always doing it on purpose, it just kind of happens naturally. It doesn't help that she's a very physical person. She prefers to remain mostly tangent, draping herself against or over those she is speaking to weather she knows them well or not. She'll touch faces, cheeks, shoulders, arms, hands, whatever. Generally she has no sense of personal space.

Why did they enroll at the academy? Mostly because she was bored and it looked like it might be interesting and for the prospect of meeting others. That and the same reason most others enroll. For that golden ticket, her passport to the human realm.

Natural Ability: - Banshee Wail
A banshee can emit a chilling cold scream that seems to scare their opponents. The hauntingly, mind numbing, intoxicating wail that is her birth right. Known to paralyze people with fear, banshees will scream out the names of the people who have been cursed - normally caused by those annoying reaper types trying out their stupid spells!

FEAR: - The Power of Suggestion
When Aislin speaks a colored mist leaks from her throat which has a strange, hypnotic like effect to it. To use her FEAR this mist darkens in color and billows from her in copious amounts as she speaks. The mist will form into shapes related to what she says or even the words themselves as she speaks, swirling around the opponent to obscure their vision, get in their eyes, and cause a visual hallucination based on what she's said. The true key to her fear isn't the mist, however, it's her choice of words. The mist acts as the hypnotizing agent while her words carry the real power of her FEAR in them as they form the shape or word to 'suggest' what the opponent is seeing/feeling.

-Year One : While focusing her Fear into her voice, Aislin may infuse a two to three word phrase into the mist, which will cause a similarly-themed illusions in the target should they inhale the mist/should the mist get into their eyes that lasts only a few seconds. ("Hole. Ground. Trip." "Aislin. Attraction.") She must be relatively close as she cannot yet control the mist yet to guide it towards the target and can only use it once per battle. Anyone who has a pair of wings and is smart enough can disperse her mist with a simple gust at this stage.

-Year Two : Aislin may now pour more Fear into her voice, able to use more intelligible sentences to form stronger illusions that last longer. ("You are sleepy." "You can't move.") They may cause a dull headache on the opponent which may last even after the illusion disperses. The mist is still unable to really work past closed eyes and covered mouth/nose but now will linger longer and is harder to disperse by normal wind, having a higher chance to affect the target.

- Year Three : More Fear may be directed into the mist, with longer sentences. ("Lightning always strikes the the tallest object.") It is now much harder to block the mist as it seeks out any gap or crack in physical defenses to get to the target, and she may direct it at will. It takes a gust of Magic Wind to be able to gust away her mist at this point. The illusions may now affect the central nervous system and cause physical pain should her words describe it. The pain is JUST pain, however. No actual physical damage is done.

Flaws: -Anyone in a hypnotic state will naturally (and subconsciously) avoid doing anything to harm themselves... there is no way Aislin can get someone to punch themselves. Likewise she cannot cause actual PHYSICAL damage to someone.
-The mist MUST get into her opponents eyes/be inhaled to cause any effect. In her first year it's quite easy to avoid her mist by simply closing ones eyes and mouth/nose.
-At early stages it is quite easy to blow the wind away with a quick flap of the wings... heck, one could even run out of the cloud if they had their wits about them.

Disclaimer: I realize that it is extremely easy to God-Mod illusionary abilities. This is not and never will be my intention. It is probably the most despicable and boring thing one could ever do whilst RPing. It is my endeavor to use her FEAR ability in creative ways rather than make her UBER ULTRA POWERFUL.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Art by:
sleepZombie | childs menu | Ravvlet | Beejoux
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Totally amazing dress up Aislin game by:
childs menu
Go ask Aislin a question!
Seed Account

Quirks
- She doesn't use her mouth to 'speak'. She still uses it to portray emotion (and she is VERY animated and expressive) like smiling, frowning, yawning, etc. Instead she 'speaks' through the hole in her throat, or rather her voice just seems to originate from there. She only will open her mouth and make noise through it when she's giving her trademarked Banshee Wail.
- As she does speak tendrils of colored mist will trail out, often very pale unless she's using her FEAR. Occasionally an image like a heart or a skull and crossbones will appear in the mist as well as words or even just letters. She really doesn't seem to have conscious control over what forms - it's just something that happens naturally.
- Chuckles turn into sniggers and sniggers turn into laughter and very quickly laughter will break into piercing literal SHRIEKS and SCREAMS. Best not to get her started least a case of the giggles strikes her.

History: Aislin doesn't remember anything about her former life. She just knows that when she formed she had an underlying well of anger and rage... what she's supposed to be so pissed off about she hasn't a clue. She wandered Halloween, occasionally meeting others but always wandering off before any real connections could be made. Somehow she's managed to elude the attention of any Covens and has yet to be approached by any other Banshee's from one.

Minipet Minions
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Keen the Woehound is one of Aislin's favorite and certainly her most loyal minipet. The hound never makes a single sound... unless he's around when Aislin lets loose a Banshee Wail in which case he'll join her with an eerie howl. Even if he's NOT near her when she does it he seems to be able to tell and will stop whatever he's doing to howl with her. Other than that he mostly follows her or Ellios around quietly and seems to do whatever they ask of him. He's very simple minded but also very friendly.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ellios the Wishing Helios loves girls. Little girls. But older girls were once little girls, too, so they work. Not as soft spoken as most other Wishing Helios, he's kind of loud and bossy to anyone who isn't Aislin. Around Aislin he is a loyal, diligent, loving minion. He's almost certainly in love with her but will probably never announce his feelings. Instead he shows his devotion by doing whatever she tells him to do... or rather getting Keen to do it. He is more than a little jealous that Keen seems to be Aislin's favorite and has a tendency to pick on the hound when she's not looking. It's not beyond him to pester OTHERS who garner her attention as well.

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Ravvlet
Crew

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:39 pm
HEY ZOM <3

So I just wanted to say I RILLY LIKE Aislin, I think her short tempered, oddball kinda flirty thing would work well for a ghost, especially one with a borderline creepy throat hole thing XD

Just curious - are you gonna do a write up on her past- either her time in halloween town or her past life? Is she going to remember things as she develops or nah? TBH I don't really know if ghosts work like that or not, it was just a kinda random question.

Also I know you haven't put her fear but I think her scary banshee laugh would be kind of rad to incorporate somehow? Just a thought. What kind of jokes does she like? Is she more silly or more serious in that regard?

How does she feel about the different races of halloween town? I think you said something about her not liking rotty-zombie people, and her natural ability comments on reapers.

ALSO DOES SHE ALWAYS RUN AROUND IN HER PANTIES OR IS SHE JUST STREAKING /shot

DISCLAIMER - I have a fever right now. sorry if this crit is crack. IF I THINK OF MORE THINGS I'LL UM ADD THEM  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:44 pm
Ravvlet
HEY ZOM <3

So I just wanted to say I RILLY LIKE Aislin, I think her short tempered, oddball kinda flirty thing would work well for a ghost, especially one with a borderline creepy throat hole thing XD

Just curious - are you gonna do a write up on her past- either her time in halloween town or her past life? Is she going to remember things as she develops or nah? TBH I don't really know if ghosts work like that or not, it was just a kinda random question.

Also I know you haven't put her fear but I think her scary banshee laugh would be kind of rad to incorporate somehow? Just a thought. What kind of jokes does she like? Is she more silly or more serious in that regard?

How does she feel about the different races of halloween town? I think you said something about her not liking rotty-zombie people, and her natural ability comments on reapers.

ALSO DOES SHE ALWAYS RUN AROUND IN HER PANTIES OR IS SHE JUST STREAKING /shot

DISCLAIMER - I have a fever right now. sorry if this crit is crack. IF I THINK OF MORE THINGS I'LL UM ADD THEM

No, she doesn't and won't ever remember anything about her past life... I'm pretty sure that ghosts aren't supposed to anyway. As for her time in Halloween Town it really isn't that extensive. She formed, she wandered around for a little bit, she decided to come to the school. There IS one thing of significance, someone she met while she was wandering around, but that'll be revealed in good time.

Oh man, her laugh won't be involved in her FEAR but it'll totally maybe have some effect in her Natural Ability as she gets stronger. I imagine hearing her shrieks of laughter is just as terrifying as the out right scream itself.

Jokes? To be honest she doesn't have a very sophisticated sense of humor... think of her like a teen-aged ditz in that sense. She'll laugh at some pretty dumb things. It doesn't help that she's prone to giggle fits. So I guess she's more silly in her regard for humor that she is serious.

She gets along with demons and other ghosts especially well. Monsters are often times extremely fascinating because of how many different kinds there are out there in the world. Reapers she'll generally be pretty prejudice against - disliking them before knowing them and generally brushing them off. There might be some exceptions and then of course there's always the opportunity to become friends if the Reaper is REALLY persistent for some reason... As for the undead... To her the thought of being stuck in a rotting body for eternity = UCK. It really grosses her out and she mostly doesn't want to try and have anything to do with them, either. Still... they're higher on the totem than Reapers. The list would go: Ghost -> Demon -> Monsters -> Undead -> Reapers -> Hunters.

SHE IS ALWAYS RUNNING AROUND IN HER PANTIES, MANG. "If you've got it... show it off!"  

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:05 am
Updated the second post quite a bit. Sos I'm bumping it up a little. :]  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:54 am
Alrighttt, let's see... I don't see any contradictions on her personality, although I'm curious as to what sort of subject of topic she might 'not enjoy' and might 'blow a fuse' over, other than insulting/denying that she's beautiful. I can imagine her getting along swimmingly with someone, and then suddenly exploding in rage without explaining why. xD That would be fun in an RP!

Now, moving onto her FEAR!

I had always been a little wary of FEAR connected to illusions, because some times, they can be a little overpowered; for example, forcing your opponent to do things using illusions. Yours seem fine, but I do have a suggestion; seeing how the illusions are dependent on the words she use anyway, why not simplify it to a direct simple command? Obviously no "mind control" type things or commands like "Kill/hit yourself", but rather, something like "You feel sleepy" or "You can't move", with a hit/miss rate determined by whatever the admin comes up with; since it takes a lot of concentration, I also imagine that she can only use it once per battle and lasts only for a few seconds in Year 1?

This brings me to this next point; until the battle system is finalized, try not to go into the dice roll specifics of how your student's FEAR will work. Or at least, don't get too attached to it since that might not be the system you'll be given down the road. Focus more on the FEAR ability: its strengths, weaknesses and potential for growth as your student join classes and pick up skills! Keep it simple~

I'm not good at critting/suggesting FEAR, but if I think of anything else, I'll be sure to let you know. OTL

Hope this helped at least!

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:22 am
Dragain
Alrighttt, let's see... I don't see any contradictions on her personality, although I'm curious as to what sort of subject of topic she might 'not enjoy' and might 'blow a fuse' over, other than insulting/denying that she's beautiful. I can imagine her getting along swimmingly with someone, and then suddenly exploding in rage without explaining why. xD That would be fun in an RP!

Now, moving onto her FEAR!

I had always been a little wary of FEAR connected to illusions, because some times, they can be a little overpowered; for example, forcing your opponent to do things using illusions. Yours seem fine, but I do have a suggestion; seeing how the illusions are dependent on the words she use anyway, why not simplify it to a direct simple command? Obviously no "mind control" type things or commands like "Kill/hit yourself", but rather, something like "You feel sleepy" or "You can't move", with a hit/miss rate determined by whatever the admin comes up with; since it takes a lot of concentration, I also imagine that she can only use it once per battle and lasts only for a few seconds in Year 1?

This brings me to this next point; until the battle system is finalized, try not to go into the dice roll specifics of how your student's FEAR will work. Or at least, don't get too attached to it since that might not be the system you'll be given down the road. Focus more on the FEAR ability: its strengths, weaknesses and potential for growth as your student join classes and pick up skills! Keep it simple~

I'm not good at critting/suggesting FEAR, but if I think of anything else, I'll be sure to let you know. OTL

Hope this helped at least!

Yesssss... that is EXACTLY how her anger blow-outs will be like. XD I have a few things in mind what might tick her off but I'd prefer others find out what those things are on their own... is that too much? XD

And yes... what you've suggested is pretty much what I'm going for. She can't make someone directly hurt themselves. I kind of wanted the first year to be really disjointed and pretty much just single words put together which would also impair the effectiveness of the illusion. I thought I specified that in year one it would only last a few seconds to maybe half a minute. And yes, it would be once per battle, I'll add those things!

As for the dice rolling... I really added those on suggestion from a friend so I'll take 'em out! I'm not at all attached to them. XD

THANK YOOOU.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:12 am
I'm in love with her and I want her and Ulmuka to be besties if I ever get him. The two of them can giggle to themselves and be all weird and close.
heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:34 am
iloveyouDIE
I'm in love with her and I want her and Ulmuka to be besties if I ever get him. The two of them can giggle to themselves and be all weird and close.
heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

Yaaaay! Totally an awesome crit because at least it means you like her personality. 8D And omg Ulmuka and Aislin = beasties forever.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:37 am
Muka & Aislin: *hanging all over eachother with creepy grins, laughing*

Classmates: Omg you guys are so cute are you dating?

Muka & Aislin: *horrendous laughing sprees*

Classmates: sweatdrop *doesn't know what that response means*  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:42 am
iloveyouDIE
Muka & Aislin: *hanging all over eachother with creepy grins, laughing*

Classmates: Omg you guys are so cute are you dating?

Muka & Aislin: *horrendous laughing sprees*

Classmates: sweatdrop *doesn't know what that response means*

Aaaa. XD Soperfect.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:10 pm
i ... have nothing to add except LACK OF CLOTHES FTW.  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:38 pm
chimarii
i ... have nothing to add except LACK OF CLOTHES FTW.

*highfives* Mostly-naked sexy times GO! Or at least mostly-naked crazy times.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:38 pm
Seiji says it's about damn time she got her a** to school!  

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:47 pm
Beejoux
Seiji says it's about damn time she got her a** to school!

Oh yeah! Does Seiji have a Groanspring?  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces