Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Nintendo Defenders
How would Smash Bros be played using the Revo controller? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If Nintendo would choose at least one "guest" character, who do you think it will be?
  Sonic
  Mega Man
  Any Soul Calibur character
  Soma Cruz/Alucard (Castlevania)
  Chrono
  Give me all of them!!!!!
View Results

ayukichan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:03 pm
It'd be quite interesting. Link swinging his sword around, Mario jumping, Samus firing her cannon.....heck every character would benefit from the new controller. I'm just not sure what the "official" way of playing it would be. Would you just move around with the analog stick? Questions questions....

Oh, and be sure to answer my poll. It's also, um, quite interesting. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:08 pm
I would think that they would use the shell to fight, since the lack of buttons from the remote control controller could be a problem. Even with the new way of playing.

My answer to the poll, if i could choose, would be all of them, but for the most reasonable I would pic eaither MEgaman or Sonic.  

Mr._Stabby

Rockman JET

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:43 pm
Like ^ said they might have a controller shell for that game.

also some characters Besides Rockman i would like to see make a fighter appearance....

1. the guy from the game kung fu
2. wart
3. Roll
4. Rockman X
5. Zero
6. Dk jr.
7. Ridley
8. the armidillo from Metroid 2
9. slippy the toad (although i think every one would just make him jump off the stage or that just for fun.)
10. Toad
11. metal sonic  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:10 am
Rockman JET
Like ^ said they might have a controller shell for that game.

also some characters Besides Rockman i would like to see make a fighter appearance....

1. the guy from the game kung fu
2. wart
3. Roll
4. Rockman X
5. Zero
6. Dk jr.
7. Ridley
8. the armidillo from Metroid 2
9. slippy the toad (although i think every one would just make him jump off the stage or that just for fun.)
10. Toad
11. metal sonic

Haha, that's funny. lol  

ayukichan

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:31 pm
hmmm, it would be cool to use a from behind kinda view for the next Smash Bros. online it like a FPS arena game. yeah, use the Nunchuku peripheral.

I thought a cool control scheme! ^_^

main controller:
infared eye: turn/look
D-Pad: Down-Jump, Right-grab, Left-Sheild
B trigger: long range attack
A button: melee attack/pick up item
Start: Pause
Home: Main menu
Select: etc menu

Nunchuku peripheral
Control Stick: movement/straffe
Z1: Dodge Left
Z2: Dodge Right

it would be sweet to have a Smash Bros with a from behind view, and able to run about like in a First Person Shooter, it could be known as First PErson Smash Bros or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:23 pm
RAPTOR948
hmmm, it would be cool to use a from behind kinda view for the next Smash Bros. online it like a FPS arena game. yeah, use the Nunchuku peripheral.

I thought a cool control scheme! ^_^

main controller:
infared eye: turn/look
D-Pad: Down-Jump, Right-grab, Left-Sheild
B trigger: long range attack
A button: melee attack/pick up item
Start: Pause
Home: Main menu
Select: etc menu

Nunchuku peripheral
Control Stick: movement/straffe
Z1: Dodge Left
Z2: Dodge Right

it would be sweet to have a Smash Bros with a from behind view, and able to run about like in a First Person Shooter, it could be known as First PErson Smash Bros or something.

First Person Shooter???? eek That would, like, ruin it completely..... gonk  

ayukichan

TurMacar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:35 pm
Smash Bros. is in no way, and will never be, a FPS.

And your control scheme doesn't make sense, you're supposed to use the d-pad, a/b buttons, AND control stick and z buttons?! Do you have three hands or something?

As to play, I think it would have to be done with some kind of shell controller, some of the mockups I've seen have more buttons than the GC controller so they'd still be able to put in more moves.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:38 pm
I'd rather much enjoy the from behind view of the fight, it would feel more advanture oriented. and the nunchuku peripheral is a single part. you need only TWO hands to play the scheme I thought up! and the idea of a controller shell is not what I expect when playing a Rev game! I expect full fledged revolution, and not some stupid cheap a** turn and look with one stick and only move with the other! the damned FPS games done with the right stick for looking and the left stick for only movement SUCKED! besides, Revolution controllers have expandability, with the main controller being used like a gun, and the peripherals like the nunchuku peripheral adding an analong stick and 2 shoulder buttons(Z1, and Z2), the Rev control scheme is very well suited!

this shell idea is rediculous!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

the Nunchuku peripheral shown here shown uses only two hands, dont be an idiot, the scheme I mentioned is well enough.

RAPTOR948

ayukichan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:45 am
RAPTOR948
I'd rather much enjoy the from behind view of the fight, it would feel more advanture oriented. and the nunchuku peripheral is a single part. you need only TWO hands to play the scheme I thought up! and the idea of a controller shell is not what I expect when playing a Rev game! I expect full fledged revolution, and not some stupid cheap a** turn and look with one stick and only move with the other! the damned FPS games done with the right stick for looking and the left stick for only movement SUCKED! besides, Revolution controllers have expandability, with the main controller being used like a gun, and the peripherals like the nunchuku peripheral adding an analong stick and 2 shoulder buttons(Z1, and Z2), the Rev control scheme is very well suited!

the Nunchuku peripheral shown here shown uses only two hands, dont be an idiot, the scheme I mentioned is well enough.

Um, there's like, no images here. What are you trying to pull? xd  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:55 pm
ayukichan
RAPTOR948

what do you mean!? the pics are right there. they stretched my post a bit just to put those pics in.  

RAPTOR948

ayukichan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:58 am
RAPTOR948
ayukichan
RAPTOR948

what do you mean!? the pics are right there. they stretched my post a bit just to put those pics in.

Oh! Now I see! Yeah I've definately seen that before, but it doesn't look TOO bad. Ridiculous for sure, but at least it isn't the FINAL model..... xd  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:45 am
Previously on Unaware...

User Image

<_<  

iProd

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:26 pm
okay. I dont like the regurgitating the dual analong controller idea, Nintendo has been known for innovation, not immitation.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:53 pm
You know, actually one idea that absolutely WOULD work is to hold the darn thing like an NES controller. No shoulder buttons for sure but that's beside the point: just move with the pad and attack while waving the controller around with both hands. 2D style fighting games work better while moving with the pad anyway, and the motion sensor thing would do the series great justice when perfoming character specific moves. xd  

ayukichan

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:48 pm
sounds about right, using the infared sensor would be handy for character specific moves, but I would like to see the over the shoulder or behind the head view of a 3rd person fighter. something like in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, or something like Jedi Outcast. it would innovate the Smash Bros engine.  
Nintendo Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff