Cairn Mountain Chain Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alba Derosso

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:06 am
This island is easily the size of Vampire Island, and serves as the center of the Isles of Draconia and the seat of the Draconic Alliance. The center of the islands houses a large volcano and mountain chains, and it is at the peak that Lao-Shan Lung and his wife Ebony have set up roost. The rest of the island is reminiscent to the lost land of Pompeii; the island has much greenery, lakes, and other habitats that many dragon species would enjoy. The volcano itself is not active, but provides a warm lair for dragons that would seek it.

((Will add more later as more dragons show up))  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:13 am
It was at the top of the volcano that Lao finally rested, coming to a stop before descending onto a small plateau, waiting for his mate to join him. "I remember when I first made this place; a paradise for our kind to rebuild and reunite. When you disappeared... I never got to complete our vision, and instead used all of my power to delay the hatching of our children until you returned. I never heard much from your mother, but I always felt that she had a hand in aiding me in keeping the wyrmlings safe until their mother was home." He stated before slowly padding forward, leading her to the interior of the caves.

The eggs sat inside a small volcanic geyser, the heat of the geyser keeping them warm until their mother was home. A small smile appeared upon Lao's lips as he curled around the geyser, beckoning her to come closer. "It is time Ebony... There are 6 eggs here... Help me wake our children and break them free of their cage; I'm sure they are anxious to see the world."

Alba Derosso

Shy Seeker

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:26 am
Ebony landed a bit unsteadily still but without harming herself and stumbled a bit more in her rush to get to the eggs that Lao curled around. She gave off a wordless crooning sound as she nuzzled the eggs, licking each one and almost calling out to the small dragons inside of them.

She was very focused in this moment, but fighting her instinct to push Lao away from the eggs Her instincts said that the male was a threat to the dragonlings... But Ebony knew better, so she fought that instinct as she concentrated on the eggs themselves...

She gave a soothing croon as one of the eggs cracked, nuzzling it and licking at it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:37 am
The male gave a huff and slowly got up, moving away from the geyser as Ebony continued her work of gently cracking the eggs. One by one, bits of shell fell away as tiny heads poked out, eyes still closed as the wyrmlings did their best to break away from their shells. Lao had a very proud smile on his face as the babies worked on breaking free of their cages before crawling out of the geyser and flopping to the ground, all of them shaking off excess bits and stretching out, giving out small cries to greet their parents.

3 of them took more male characteristics, being a bit bigger than the other three with a smattering of black and glossy red scales, just like their father. The other 3 were predominantly black with dark blue scale tinges, having a sleeker looking form that was inherited by their mother. They couldn't speak yet, instead giving small chirps and hisses as they immediately began to explore their new surroundings.  

Alba Derosso

Shy Seeker

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:41 am
Ebony nuzzled and licked and crooned at each one as it came out of its shell, before finally laying on her side to pull them into her with one wing over them all. She looked around a bit, giving off a low growl when there wasn't anything for the little ones to eat and finally focusing on her mate.

"They're hungry...," she told him simply as she worked at keeping the dragonlings where they were instead of exploring around, knowing full well the problems they could get into doing so.

At least, until she'd made sure that everything was safe for them...

For now, she continued to keep them at her side, licking and nuzzling at them as any true mother would.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:51 am
"I will go then. There is wild game here; I ensured that life can flourish here beyond us. I will return with something suitable for our children." Lao replied, figuring she would wan time with the children and that his presence was making her edgy. It had been some time since he had his own brood, and it was long overdue. He was soon out of the cavern, leaving Ebony with 6 curious dragonlings to take care of.

The children gave protesting whines over Ebony's constant attention, and when the figured they couldn't leave the cave, the 3 males decided that it would be fun to test themselves against one another. Soon, all 3 engaged in some rough-and-tumble behaviour, each pouncing on one another and attempting to best one another as they tried spouting small gouts of flame at each other or try to claw and bite if possible. Their wings would take some time to dry out anyways, so this would be suitable to test their capabilities until dad was back. The other 3 stayed close to mother, watching the males play fight as they continued to examine surroundings from the protective eye of Ebony.  

Alba Derosso

Shy Seeker

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:02 pm
Ebony let the boys play a bit longer, then allowed a stronger bit of flame move over their heads, startling them into moving back to her for the moment.

"Wait till your wings dry out...," she told them firmly, wrapping her tail into a protective circle under her own wing as she waited for Lao to return...

She kept eyeing the entrance, considering how to make it safer for the little ones... Or perhaps, another room added to the back for them...

She didn't want anything to happen to them, they were so important to her right now... More so than even Lao could have guessed...

She'd never thought to have a family, dragonlings of her own to raise and teach, a mate to do all of that with... She'd given up the idea when she'd watched her family slaughtered so long ago...

That was the other reason she was so protective right now, wanting nothing bad to happen to them all... Her own parents had only been able to hatch one egg at each laying... She now had six to worry about and protect...  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:25 pm
The thunderous sound of wings flapping heralded Lao's return, the dragon slowly walking over and dropping some dead deers before the gathering of wyrmlings, giving the carcasses a small burst of flames to char the meat a little before backing away from it, giving a wide berth to Ebony and the babies. "Dinner is served. I've had my fill; this is all of yours." He stated and slowly padded off towards one of the mountain edges to sunbathe, waiting for Ebony and the children to come by when they were done.  

Alba Derosso

Shy Seeker

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:35 pm
Ebony watched the little ones eat their fill, making sure that they didn't overdo it for their first meal. One by one, they finished and moved off to curl up into tiny balls to sleep off their food, each one joining the sibling already asleep.

When they were all curled up, Ebony ate a bit as well, then moved to join Lao at the ledge, nuzzling him before she curled up at his side where she could see him and the little ones as well.

"Sorry... I didn't know... I've never felt like that before...," she told him softly, starting to feel really embarrassed about the way she'd treated him over the hatchlings.

She didn't know what to say... All she knew was that she needed to make it up to him somehow...  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:40 pm
Lao chuckled a little and nuzzled her neck gently before overlooking their domain with a sigh. "It has been ages since I've raised a brood, so I suppose this is all going to be new for me as well. Your a mother now, and it is only natural you feel this way." He replied and yawned a little, one of his wings stretching over her. "No need to feel bad... unless your so keen to make things up to me."  

Alba Derosso

Shy Seeker

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:48 pm
Ebony let out a soft purr as he nuzzled into her, "I'd really like to make it up to you...," she told him softly, knowing that the little ones would sleep for a few hours more...

She stood and shifted some rocks over to the entrance anyway, making it impossible for the hatchlings to get out if they did wake up while they were gone.

Then she moved over to the edge of the ledge, giving Lao a look over her shoulder and a swish of her tail, then she dropped off of the ledge, spreading her wings and letting the air currents catch her. A strong flap of her wings and she was moving back up, a dark shape moving up into the clouds, spiraling and letting out a bit of flame that spiraled around her in the process.

It was a move she'd used at their mating, knowing full well that he'd come after her with that one...  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:57 pm
Lao shook his head with a grin before taking a running start, his wings producing a loud clap as he propelled himself forward. He had some practice over her, and given her current state he found it much easier to fly right up to her with more speed that she had ever seen, his claws grabbing onto her and dragging her with him as he continued to fly, though now he was heading towards the jungle valley he had created long ago.

"Care for some jungle hunting then? It has been time since we roamed as felines."

Alba Derosso

Shy Seeker

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:09 pm
Ebony gave a rumbling chuckle as he caught her, then another at his suggestion and shifted to said feline when they were closer to the ground. She landed running, giving a feline roar as she moved through the trees, already feeling more like herself.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:54 pm
A much more subdued Ebony flew back to their lair with a very proud Lao, landing on the outer ledge to look inside at their little ones, still curled up and sleeping off their first meal.

She gave a gratified nod and cleared the entrance of the stones she'd placed there, entering and moving over to lay curled up around the hatchlings with one wing spread protectively over them.

She looked up and gave a pleased purr to Lao before turning back to the hatchlings with a proud look.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Alba Derosso

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:24 am
Lao slowly trodded into the cavern, his eyes remaining alert as any father should. The island had gone silent as night came, given that for some reason time here passed differently than on the island. His eyes soon fell upon the small brood beneath his mate's wing, a smile on his lips and he took his spot nearby and watched Ebony guard their children. "One day, this land will be alive with dragons of all ages and species... Children and great wyrms of all decent will come and gather in droves.... Our dreams will be realised, and once more the dragon species will take their rightful place as the guardians of peace. I will never allow Chaos to win... and all servants of such evil will pay the price with their lives."  
Isles of Draconia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff