Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[LOG] Do you remember the Shire? (Bjorn & Kazul)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:10 am
Kazul
Kazul's golden eyes were the exact same shade of gold her father's were and they were fixed on the mostly blue and black bulk of one of the Stormborn's many warriors. She wore an intent expression as she studied the way he stood, the way he moved, and most especially the way he fought. It was the same concentrating expression she always seemed to wear when she was studying the pride's Reavers. One day she would be a Reaver, too, and she was trying to learn as much about them as possible so that she could be the best among them. That meant learning their mannerisms as well as their method of fighting.

Today was not a day for study though. Study was too dull and passive for what the green juvenile had in mind. She wanted to be more of an active participant. And so with the fearlessness of a youth who was confident in herself and used to getting her own way by whatever means necessary she strode down the slight incline to approach Bjorn. Her mind was picking through the many things she wanted to ask him, choosing between whether she would bother him for a lesson in fighting or just ask him to tell her about his experiences while he was out viking.

In the meantime she greeted him, "Someday I will kill you."

Bjorn
Bjorn was alone, and satisfied with just that. He hadn’t been on a raid in sometime and was tired mos of the time he was an inactive pride member. He helped where he could, but spent alot of his time conversing with Zasari. The conversations were brief however, since his childhood friendship with her siblings seemed to diminish so did his relationship with her family at all. Though her Mother had given him praise and been fond of him. It had been a while since those conversations. The day was bright and sunny, his thoughts were going to the family again as it had so many times before on the sunnier days. But his thoughts were rudely interrupted by the padding of a youth and the chirrup of a young voice. He felt his muscles tense and lax then tense again. The voice had become familiar around the reavers, it was young Kazul, daughter of the Warlord himself. Word had it that she was working to be Reaver. This shocked Bjorn very little.

He turned slowly and eyeballed the littler female, she had grown since last bothering the Reavers, Bjorn took a moment of silence to listen to her, but also admire the muscles that would some day crawl beneath her pelt. She had something great in her, she was a bold youth, and as much as that stirred the angst in most older Vikings when he questions were beating them over the head, it was still something to be proud of for everyone. A strong youth meant strong fighters in the future, when even Bjorn himself could reave no longer. “Not today Kazul. Not today.” His exchange of words were a little altered to suit his exhausted mood. “Though today does seem to be a good day to die. You chose well young Freeborn.” He offered a friendly smile, expecting her to ask questions, ask for a lesson, whatever she was after today Bjorn figured he could try and offer.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:50 am
Kazul
Kazul took Bjorn's grin as a very good sign as far as her plans for the day went. They did not have anything to do with dying, naturally, but rather with getting her way. What pleased her was that Bjorn seemed like he was in a mood to indulge her. Sometimes the Reavers she approached were less than pleased to be bothered by a cub, even the Warlord's cub. It didn't always have something to do with the fact that she was female, but sometimes that was it. She was always annoyed when a Reaver dismissed her ambitions just because she was a girl. It wasn't as though she was going to try to be the Warlord when she grew up. She just wanted to be a Reaver and go on bloody adventures like they did.

"It is a nice day, isn't it?" she remarked, noticing for the first time that it was bright and sunny.

It had been increasingly so for the last week or more, and therefore the cub had ceased to give it much thought, but now that her attention had been drawn once more to the weather and it's pleasantness she grinned widely. She actually didn't much mind the cold and wet weather she had been born with, though she preferred to be warm and dry if it could be managed without curtailing her fun too much. That she could be warm and dry now was something of a treat, she supposed.

"I heard my da say it's almost the season to go viking. Is it because of the weather?" she asked.

Bjorn
Bjorn was still smiling when he nodded and lifted his chin so that he may gaze at the forgiving sky, the suns rays caused his eye's to narrow, but he continued his gaze. "Could be?" Bjorn just shrugged. He didn't know why they went viking when they did, his captain simply gave teh command and away he went. This was how he had always done it, never had he considered the weather to be a factor in going viking. "Perhaps it is when the weather is easiest to deal with that we go viking? That is something you may have to ask Aesir, your Da would know more than I personally, I will fight to the death, but the weather has never really occured to me Kazul." Upon saying her name he dropped his gaze unto her, he didn't care if that settled anything, it probably wouldn't, teh young female would hunt for the answer, he was sure of that. "I do have to say this, I prefer the brighetr days means clearer nights." he relaxed a it more and gave a grand yawn, not bored, but enjoying himself. "Have any other questions young one?" He blinked a little, heavy eyes staring right at her, making her center of his attention.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:55 am
Kazul
Kazul was a little disappointed that her query had been met with a not-quite answer, but at least he had given her some sort of answer. She was used to adults telling her not to ask stupid questions, when she did so, and she did consider that a fairly stupid question. Like Bjorn, she didn't give it much thought, and so she assumed that if it wasn't interesting enough to hold her attention, it probably wasn't all that important. That also tended to be her attitude toward people, for that matter.

"Oh, lots and lots," she said truthfully, but with a wicked grin that warned him she was more than willing to ask him those questions for as long as he was willing to allow her to do so. Or until she got tired of asking questions and having them answered. It wasn't a very active way to pass the time, after all. She was too young to have discovered the joys of sleeping in the sun, though that would eventually become one of her favorite ways to pass time, and it was far less active than asking questions.

"What's the worst weather you've ever been out viking in?" she asked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:27 pm
To be honest, Bjorn almost stuttered with the answer to this question. He recalled vaguely a storm that had brought him to become unconscious, he simply recalled being swept into a rage of a fight. The fight had consisted of both the weather and unfortunately some other lions. He began with that and explained how he hadn't fought another lion since that time, not by choice mind you. "You see, it was a hard time for me. Recovery was not something I enjoyed, but something I had earned." He paused. "Mistakes can happen, I opened myself up for an attack during the time when I was most vulnerable, I should have been stronger, but something came over me." He was honestly mortified at himself for admitting to a weak moment, but he figured if anything the younger female could learn from his mistakes. "Your guard is kept up for a reason young lass, always remember this when your viking. Strong as we may be, there are mere moments.. simple, mere moments..."

He whispered the last words, as if fading into more of the memories. It was in those moments he hadn't even explained the weather itself, the situation in whole was what ripped him from the questions briefly, he smiled awkwardly and let a small shudder cull him into a more comfortable position. Sun on his back he raised into high spirits. "I must be the most dreadful lion to answer your question, though I swear, by my pelt that I answer honest." He smiled.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:50 pm
Kazul listened wide-eyed to Bjorn's story. She'd never actually heard a Reaver admit to making a mistake in battle before, or tell anything like the story he'd told her. Until that point, the Warlord's daughter had been forming the distinct impression that Stormborn were unbeatable in battle, and not only that but also invulnerable. Oh, sure she heard about some wounds, but never about the recovery, so she'd mistakenly believed that the wounds they received were never as serious as those they inflicted, and certainly never had the potential to be lethal. Not really.

"I won't let that happen," Kazul said. It wasn't a promise to be careful, because Kazul wasn't naturally inclined to be cautious. She was fierce, a fighter, and still young enough to believe that meant she had to be fearless, too, and fearlessness meant a lack of regard for consequences, right?

"But...if we're the Stormborn...shouldn't storms work with us?" she asked. "I don't see why the gods would choose to let that happen to one of their descendants."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:17 pm
Her wide eye's relaxed him into a setting of understanding he was indeed doing the right thing. He watched her shift about then her words spilled, at first he heard nothing then he smiled softly. "The storms are our friends, if you get to a point where you're simply showing off and being way to proud, the storms will take care of you like a jealous friend may strike out." He said, putting his actions into more simple terms. He watched her with a sincere smile on his face. He was calm, cool and collected. This was part of growin up he imagined, admitting right and wrong then explaining and protecting.

"So you see, never think you're above the storm, for even a moment, storms can become violent and won't hesitate to put you back in your place little one."

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:30 am
"Oh."

That made sense. Kazul didn't have a lot of friends yet, but she could understand how they might feel the need to put you in your place if you got too arrogant. There was a difference, she would learn, between being arrogant and being boastful, but for the time being the two were still kind of mixed up in her head, so she wasn't sure how all the people in the pride who told tall tales got away with it. She decided Bjorn must have been really cocky.

"That makes sense," she said, just so he wouldn't think she had been rendered speechless by his revelation. Her ma often reminded her to give the gods their due, and Bjorn really just sort of reinforced that part of her upbringing. It was nice, actually, to have that supported. Her mother didn't usually give her specific examples of why the gods had to be respected, except that they were gods. Kazul had never seen a god, so that didn't really help her very much.

"I'll remember that."

She glanced past Bjorn, her eyes following the motion of something she hadn't quite seen. It wasn't that she was no longer interested in what he had to say, but there was so much to hold her interest, it was difficult for her to devote the whole of it to one thing at a time for long periods of time. Bjorn, unless he wanted to start another story, was losing her attention.

"Good story."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:06 pm
Bjorn noted her time was done with him, he watched her gaze leave him and return as he depicted his life to her in a way he thought was quite exhilarating, but he did not forget what it was like to be young and so all he could do was grin.

"Ah to be young Kazul, run along and tend to your interests. Be safe, be brave, be curious." He nodded his goodbyes and stood up to find a better place for sun, she had trapped him in a rather shady spot and the chill was getting beneath his fur. He needed a good bit of relaxation and a long nap. You know, old man stuff.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces