Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Gay Jokes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:59 pm
Old saying;
"If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:39 pm
To quote Anonymous, on 4chan: "The more you hate something, the stronger it gets."

So let people hate our sexualities, let them hate our differences, let them say all they want to about us. If we get offended by the jokes, it gives them that much more power. That's why we have to learn to accept jokes, comments, criticism, all that, no matter the amount of hate behind their words. We have to hear what we are told, because that's what makes us way stronger as individuals.

Gandhi didn't go through easy street. People laughed at his methods. And neither did Martin Luther King, Jr. Same; they laughed and made jokes about the way he went about bringing equality. Did he take it to offense? Possibly. He didn't show it.

The joke in OP's post isn't all that bad, in my opinion. I'm bisexual, and I found myself chuckling a bit. It's not as bad as it could be.  

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:40 pm
Atrum_Anima
I was wondering what you guys think of gay/lesbian/bi/trans/pan jokes. Do they ever offend you? Are there some that are okay, but others that cross the line?

I was watching a video on YouTube, and, as usual, the highest rated comment was some joke about the dislike bar. However, this one really offended me for some reason. It was something to the extent of:
Quote:
The dislike bar is JB's (Justin Bieber's) p***s. It gets bigger when gays touch it.

It wasn't the fact that it was slamming Justin Bieber that was annoying, but the implication that anyone who pressed the dislike button was gay.

Anyway, I usually find lgbt jokes hilarious. It was just this one that seemed to cross the line for me, mostly because of how it sounded like it would be read aloud.
What do you guys think?

hmm... i make a f*** ton of gay jokes... but i think its all about intent. the person who wrote that was an a**, i woulda ripped him a new one *is gay*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I agree with Taeryyn. The joke wasn't offensive, nor was it funny. It was just plain lame. Only on YouTube can you get away with such comments like that.

The only real sexuality based comment I take offense to is if on a primarily homosexual-featured video (like this) say that all that watch it are homophobes or gays in denial. Mainly because my friend doesn't like yuri, yaoi, or just any romantic thing, and she is in a GSA at her school, and the majority of her friends are gay/bi/pan/trans/etc. They can hate a video for there being more than two men going at it. Maybe the song was bad, maybe the person making it was a douche, and so on.

(Brushes by Obsidian Dawn)

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:32 pm
Eh I don't mind gay jokes, I make a few from time to time.
of course as long as they're ment to offend me personally.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:23 pm
Devon Dioxxa
I am gay and for the most part I really don't mind them if they are meant in fun. When they are said in hate is when I get pissed off and about to cut a b***h lol.

this, basically. it all depends on the intent of who tells the "joke".  

etluhcs

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:55 pm
Ehh idk

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items