Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
LGBT Groups in schools Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:10 am
Because I am curious, I am the Historien of my College's LGBT Group at UVA Wise. WE are actuklly called the LGBTA Society (A is for Allies so they aren't left out.) And we've been working our butts off to get noticed on our college. Plus we are working on trying to connect to other colleges and groups (Even though that is our Vice Presendet's Job) But I'm curious who here are in groups at their schools. So who's in a group?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:38 am
In high school, I was gonna start GSA club, but before I could, someone formed something called "chain reaction", which is an equality group, not stictly lgbt. I never really liked chain reaction.  

TylerAnnihilate

etluhcs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:15 am
i go to a pretty big state school so we have about 6 or 7 different LGBT registered student organizations, 2 of which i'm on the exec. board for.

groups do a really great job of increasing visibility and awareness of our queer community in the larger campus community. it's also a great way for LGBT students to come together.

@ the original poster, best of luck with yours :]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:25 am
schulte
i go to a pretty big state school so we have about 6 or 7 different LGBT registered student organizations, 2 of which i'm on the exec. board for.

groups do a really great job of increasing visibility and awareness of our queer community in the larger campus community. it's also a great way for LGBT students to come together.

We'll about to hit 1 year of being a club and we're doing the same mission as yours but we're a small college in the woods out back southern states so we have alot of hatered to face too  

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

etluhcs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:46 pm
mynightmarestays
schulte

We'll about to hit 1 year of being a club and we're doing the same mission as yours but we're a small college in the woods out back southern states so we have alot of hatered to face too

oh gosh, doesn't really sound like the ideal environment for this. but just starting your group & having it for a whole year under conditions like yours means a lot, so kudos. your group's more important than ever for LGBT students, what with all the hatred.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:52 pm
I'm not apart of it but there's a GSA in my school. The thing is, it used to be filled with posers cause at my school, drama kids rule and this one girl Heather, came out of the closet so now its "cool" to be bi.  

TheLostAngel-Mika

Rainbow Elder

14,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ikeywii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:52 pm
There's a GSA at my school that attends on Mondays, and it sucks because that's the one day my mom can't pick me up from school. None of my friends are interested in GSA and I know no one in the club.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:47 pm
My high school has a GSA. There aren't many people and this one huge group of girls came twice and never came back. I guess it wasn't like they thought. We mainly just talk about stuff and stuff. A bunch of us are going to this LGBTA prom at this other school next month. Everyone's pretty accepting. The teacher and one girl are straight, I'm asexual and there's two people that are gay and two that are lesbian. Nobody really cares too much about what anyone is. Everyone's pretty awesome.  

TaoShaman

Mewling Vampire

7,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:29 pm
I would join the GSA club at my school, but I just don't have the time for it due to the anime club and doctor who fan club. Besides, The "teens for christ' club and the GSA are pretty much at war with each other. There has even been a few instances where it got violent.The faculty aren't doing anything about forever. (except punish the TFC members to vandalized the clubroom and beat up students of course). But really, the club should be either barred or cleared and resubmitted by the "true" christians. Goddamn hicktown............ scream  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:04 am
Next year, once I've graduated, there will be a GSA club. I'm indifferent, though, since the founder of the club is a really fake kind of person. >.< I actually feel sorry for anyone who falls into the trap next year.  

Atrum_Anima

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:03 am
Shilberu Erikku
I would join the GSA club at my school, but I just don't have the time for it due to the anime club and doctor who fan club. Besides, The "teens for christ' club and the GSA are pretty much at war with each other. There has even been a few instances where it got violent.The faculty aren't doing anything about forever. (except punish the TFC members to vandalized the clubroom and beat up students of course). But really, the club should be either barred or cleared and resubmitted by the "true" christians. Goddamn hicktown............ scream

YOO HAVE A DOCTOR WHO FAN CLUB????!!!!

I love you smile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:37 pm
mynightmarestays
Shilberu Erikku

I love you smile

twisted blaugh  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:42 pm
Shilberu Erikku
mynightmarestays
Shilberu Erikku

I love you smile

twisted blaugh

*glares* See the closet we have is a profssor who has a Dalek sitting on his desk and the various students who are Who fans.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:48 pm
mynightmarestays
Shilberu Erikku
mynightmarestays
Shilberu Erikku

I love you smile

twisted blaugh

*glares* See the closet we have is a profssor who has a Dalek sitting on his desk and the various students who are Who fans.

I wish he was my teacher....................................................................................................... TOM BAKER AND DAVID TENNANT FTW! blaugh  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:52 pm
Shilberu Erikku
mynightmarestays
Shilberu Erikku
mynightmarestays
Shilberu Erikku

I love you smile

twisted blaugh

I wish he was my teacher....................................................................................................... TOM BAKER AND DAVID TENNANT FTW! blaugh

David Tennant and Matt Smith for me. I need to watch the older ones...  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff