[PRP] Leave that alone, peon. [Pinakip, Chimola]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:42 pm
Pinakip was not one for hunting, usually. She much preferred to rely on her father's providence in the form of fresh leftovers. However, Father was probably busy because Kinang hadn't found anything to eat and neither had she. So hunting it was. They'd split up to cover more ground and would look for smaller easier prey animals.

Pinakip had been slinking around carefully for a couple of hours now and had just come across wildebeest, and there were a few dangerously curious calves cavorting around by themselves. Easy targets.

She carefully crawled through the tall grass, so close, so delicious... She was just gathering her strength for the spring when out of nowhere a black and white blur snatched the very calf she was eyeing up. How dare it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:17 pm
Chimola had been running with the girls to warn people of the coming storm for a little while now, and it was his turn to fetch something to eat. He was paw sore and weary from running with as little rest as possible and was looking for something easy to take back with him. He wished Gwembeshe hadn't gotten a thorn in his paw and had been able to come with him. Maybe then he could have pulled down something a little more substantial for the group.

As it was, all he managed was a wildebeest calf. He'd just snapped its neck and was looking to see if he could catch another while he had the element of surprise, when a striped female hyena popped out of nowhere. Chimola almost dropped his prey in surprise.  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:39 pm
"How dare you steal my prey! Put that down you peon!" Pinakip was thoroughly irritated. She was hungry, thirsty, hot, tired and just plain cranky. She was sure that her father had not left them in their time of need and were merely testing them through the trial of hunger, however there was simply no excuse for this stupid lion taking her prey.

He was clearly taken aback at her sudden appearance. That was not going to stop her from claiming the kill that was rightfully hers. Especially since it was some silly lion that had stolen it. "Do I have to say it a third time? Put that down, it's mine." She said imperiously. "If you don't, my Father will smite you."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:53 pm
This crazy chick was so not getting his food. No way, no how. Where did she get off calling him a peon!? Chimola might not come across as the most educated lion there ever was, but he'd been groomed for a leadership position in his old pride. And one of those lessons had been "Insults for the Lesser Born 101". Peon was a word that indicated the subject was a lower class creature, anywhere from a drudge to a lowly foot soldier.

Chimola briefly considered not warning this chick about the coming storm. However none of the lovely ladies he was traveling with would condone that. Though they certainly wouldn't condone him coming back without food either. Not even being threatened with smiting from this father of hers was going to stop him.

"Look here you unsophisticated barbarian, I caught this calf fair and square. I am not sharing it with you. I need it to feed my group. However I'll overlook your gross rudeness and tell you that there is a major storm coming this way and will be on top of us really soon, so you should scram." Usually his tone of voice and manner of speaking was much more relaxed and well if we're totally honest plebian but with this snotty hyena he was more then willing to pull out his training.  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:17 pm
"Barbarian!? Unsophisticated!? How dare you! It would be just if you were caught in that storm you overbearing lion!" Pinakip took her turn to be surprised and taken aback. Just who did this adolescent think he was? Or who did he think he was talking to? "My father will bring the storm down upon your head!"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:52 pm
"Look babe, I don't give two reeds for what your father can do. And I seriously doubt he could do anything at all about that storm. A pride has already been mostly destroyed by it. But hey, if you want to rely on some hyena to save you from a force of nature far be it from me to stop you."

Chimola lugged the wildebeest calf off the ground. "Good luck finding another herd." Stupid dog.  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:13 pm
"He's not just 'some hyena'! He's a god! And he will smite you for your thievery!" She wished for the thousandth time that she could call down lightning or fire or somthing. She had complete faith that her father would smite those that gave her trouble, but it'd be nice if she could see it happen right when she said it would occur. Believing was hard sometimes, even if Kinang thought it came easily to her.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:18 pm
Oh great. Not only was she a pissed off puppy. But she was a pissed off female puppy with delusions of grandeur. Chimola wished she would stop following him, it really wasn't cool. He would so have to tell Gwembeshe about the crazy hyena dame he met. Never again would he deal with the weirdos.

"Look, I don't care that you're some delusional chick. Or that you think your daddy's a god, I have to get this food back to my group and you are not going to stop me." If she continued to bug him he was going to bite her. Seriously. Not cool man.  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:23 pm
Pinakip made a noise of rage. This stupid lion kept brushing her off like she was the daughter of a common hyena. "Just remember that one day something terrible will befall you and it will have been my Father's revenge! He doesn't like to be mocked and belittled!" She turned on her heel and stalked off, the very picture of pissed off female.

Now where was she going to find their next meal? Why couldn't that lion have dropped dead? That would have been really useful and convenient, Father. Why are you testing me? Hadn't she proved her devotion enough?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:29 pm
Ugh, thank whatever gods are out there and listening. The stupid bint was gone. Man she was even more irritating then his once fiancé. And that was really saying something.

Chimola trotted towards the camp where the dames and his bro were waiting for him. He hoped the calf would enough to tide them over till they could spare a couple more hunters to bring down something more substantial.

Dude, it'd be good to talk to some sane lions after that crazy hyena. He made a mental note never to bother a hyena again, they were all nuts.

total word count: 1,125  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas