Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
My boyfriend and his religion. (rant) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:31 pm
Denkou Soshiatae
Wow thanks you guys for the support... I expected more "suck it up" comments but you guys are being great. And I don't think I'm being mature, I'm just being reasonable... sweatdrop

Yeah, I know in the now, that religion shouldn't matter. We are both just the kind of people who think about the future alot.

We talked about it more today and I told him that I could accept God as a friend and guide, but not a father and creator. That is, if I begging to believe in God. Right now I believe in a universal flow of energy, and believe that everything in life is controlled by that engery in some way, or affected by it. Negative and possative energies, hopes and dreams and radda radda radda, but that for him i could think of it as a being...

@Shanna - I never really put it into his perespective... He really must be worried that I'm going to hell because of how sacreligous I am. and I feel bad that I must be worrying him, and the last thing I want to do is make him feel ignored and helpless about me. That's why I'm going to give it a chance...

reasonable=maturity smile

i wish the best for both of you. and i know im a bit biased as a christian but im glad your going to try to think of those energies as a being instead of just matter whee  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:30 pm
Okay, so me and my boyfriend had a very long talk today about everything.
It started with me telling him that i'm piercing my tongue. he said he would never kiss me if i did that. I asked my friends what they thought and low and behold... all my friends feel like he is trying to change me, and they hate him for it.
I told him, first off, that i will do what i want with my body and he accepted it. Then I told him that I loved him but I would only want be with him if he loves me for who i truelly am now, and that i shouldn't have to change for him. He told me he understood but he wanted me to try (he stands on the belief that I am simply refusing to accept the truth that is right in front of me). I told him I would go to a youth session which my friend invited me to this Wednesday.
He also said that in the edn if there was me, perfect in every way but not mormon, and someone with half or my good qualities but mormon, he would choose her, I told him I already knew... becasue i did.

So basically, he is going to ask God if he and I are meant to be, and if he gets a negative then he is going to end us right then and there. he says its pointless to carry on if we aren't going to be together forever, and that he would feel like he is using me.

Part of me relieved, but a bit of me is sad. I am happy that I told him exactly how I feel (or told ANYONE exactly how I feel for once) and got it all out there, and I am glad that we held nothing back and totally understand eachother. If he breaks up with me, that is his choice and (because it will be what he thinks god told him) theres really nothing I will be able to do... but part of me feels sad that he wont be there to meet me in the mornings, so hold my hand and keep my warm... that he wont be there durring lunch to cuddle with me, or to walk me home and sit on my porch to talk about my day with.

So, that is the jist of the my situation at this time. Just to keep you all informed 3nodding  

Denkou Soshiatae

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:53 pm
First of all, lemme just say that you are taking this like a champion. I commend your strength. Personally, I would have flipped a table, but that's just me.

Second of all, if I were in your shoes, I would question many things at this moment. The sheer fact that he would choose a mormon woman with half of your qualities over you is a clear statement of his values. I'm not saying that he doesn't love you, but its apparent that your differences in belief would be a major factor in your future, or lack thereof. I know that there are many others here who would say religion shouldn't matter, and I agree with them. It SHOULDN'T. Yet, to your boyfriend, it does; this I picked up from what you said.

I hope that you two can work this out. It seems that you really love each other. But also be prepared if he decides to end it. Its good that you're not freaking out about this, and again, kudos for being chill and best wishes in whatever you do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:57 am
Denkou Soshiatae
Okay, so me and my boyfriend had a very long talk today about everything.
It started with me telling him that i'm piercing my tongue. he said he would never kiss me if i did that. I asked my friends what they thought and low and behold... all my friends feel like he is trying to change me, and they hate him for it.
I told him, first off, that i will do what i want with my body and he accepted it. Then I told him that I loved him but I would only want be with him if he loves me for who i truelly am now, and that i shouldn't have to change for him. He told me he understood but he wanted me to try (he stands on the belief that I am simply refusing to accept the truth that is right in front of me). I told him I would go to a youth session which my friend invited me to this Wednesday.
He also said that in the edn if there was me, perfect in every way but not mormon, and someone with half or my good qualities but mormon, he would choose her, I told him I already knew... becasue i did.So basically, he is going to ask God if he and I are meant to be, and if he gets a negative then he is going to end us right then and there. he says its pointless to carry on if we aren't going to be together forever, and that he would feel like he is using me.

Part of me relieved, but a bit of me is sad. I am happy that I told him exactly how I feel (or told ANYONE exactly how I feel for once) and got it all out there, and I am glad that we held nothing back and totally understand eachother. If he breaks up with me, that is his choice and (because it will be what he thinks god told him) theres really nothing I will be able to do... but part of me feels sad that he wont be there to meet me in the mornings, so hold my hand and keep my warm... that he wont be there durring lunch to cuddle with me, or to walk me home and sit on my porch to talk about my day with.

So, that is the jist of the my situation at this time. Just to keep you all informed 3nodding

if i was in your shoes i would probably break it off. it doesnt sound like its meant to be. his religion sounds very important to him and it looks like thats a quality he wants in a spouse which is something you arent at the moment  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:37 pm
@Ayume - Thank you! yes I know... I have fully prepared and braced myself. Like I said, he says that he will break it off if I decide not to convert, and I have secretly already decided it... So i supose its just a matter of time, even though the "answer" he got was "Be patiant and be a good example".

@Shanna - I am starting to feel that way... also, no matter what happens I want to be single for the month of June. i am visiting my home town/state for that month and I have an old friend and mutial crush that I will be hanging out with alot. I'd hate to hold myself back from kissing him but I would also hate myself for being unfaithful...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:18 am
maybe you should go ahead and end it then, get used to the single life a little sooner and let him off the hook of waiting for you to convert  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:45 pm