Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:33 pm
User Image
Vinata crouched down with her tail swishing behind her gently. She was on the prowl for a butterfly that was not but a few inches in front of her. She watched as it's wings beat lightly against the breeze as it stood gingerly on a large rock. Right before it was about to fly away Vinata made a pounce on it and almost got it beneath her paws. However, it flew right above her then landed on her nose. A large sigh escaped her mouth as she looked up at it. One day she would be a great huntress, but how far off was that? Her mother and father were laying beneath a large tree to rest due to taking down a very large and powerful water buffalo for her and her siblings to eat. Vinata wondered how her mother could hunt since she was blind due to a disease she had. But she was also amazed. Her mother was a very powerful lioness in her eyes, one that she hoped she could be just like when she grew up.

Vinata turned her head to look up at the sky as the butterfly flew away. She wondered if there was an adventure waiting just around the bush that was in front of her. With a large grin she decided to take a chance and follow after the butterfly, hoping something interesting would turn up a long the way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:42 pm
User Image

Luaith stared at his reflection in the puddle just beside the small umbrella tree he was sitting under, a small frown on his young face. He'd had another one of those 'dreams' again, ones where everything moved slowly, and he couldn't make out the images and sounds, only the feelings. This time they had been one of such rage, the little cub had woke up screaming, only to have the warm and gentle paws of his 'Da' scoop him up and settle him against his warm ruff.

Alasiri had calmed him down, had whispered something to his Mum that he had him and she should go back to sleep with Luaith's brother. Unlike Mum, Da never asked him what he saw, he only soothed away the tears or the fear with his deep rumbly voice and strong paws. Usually it was enough to calm him and the fright faded, but not this time. This time it lingered like a cold claw to the back of his neck, and he couldn't shake the uneasy feeling.

Mum and Da and Jivu were all in the den, napping after a full meal. Alasiri always provided well and Luaith and his sister had never known hunger, but even with a full belly, the young cub couldn't sleep. So now he sat a little ways from the den, staring at the puddle left form the rain, wondering why he had to have these 'dreams'.

Suddenly a butterfly appeared and landed on the pool of water, its bright colored wings slowly flapping. The young cub gave a smile, watching the insect with delight on his face.

Lorne_Sionn

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:01 pm
Vinata had followed the butterfly happily, pouncing after it as it flew over the land. After a few minutes the butterfly swooped over a large feild of grass and she lost sight of it. Not to be outdone Vinata quickly ran in the direction in which it had flown. "Got ya!" She yelled as she jumped out of the grass. However, as soon as she got onto the other side she noticed the butterfly had landed on a cubs nose. Vinata frowned slightly knowing that she couldn't just pounce on the cub to get the butterfly and the cub could be dangerous. "Ummm...." She said as she tried to think of a good excuse to explain herself. "I'm sorry." Vinata said with a slight bow. "I am Vinata." She said looking over the cub. He was very interesting because his coloring was so very unusual from what she had seen in other lions her very short life.

"Sorry I appeared out of the blue." Vinata said as she closed her eyes and sighed. She reopened her eyes and returned her gaze to the butterfly that had landed in the cubs nose. "I was after that." She said jesturing to it. "Unfortunatly it has landed on your nose." Vinata said honestly, even though she really didn't care to much about meeting new people. She just didn't like being detured from something she really wanted. However, Vinata saw this as a challenge, she was being tested by a god to see if she would be detured from her path. Vinata wasn't going to allow this though. She would pass whatever test they had planned for her.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:37 pm
Luaith blinked, his eyes crossing to focus on the insect that had settled on his nose. "Ah, I don't think the butterfly wants to play. It looks more like it wants to rest." Trying to refocus on the lioness cub in front of him without making himself dizzy, he gave her a smile like his Da had taught him when meeting a new friend. He didn't think she fell into the dangerous stranger category, so a smile rather then hiding was appropriate.

" I'm Luaith, it is very nice to meet you." The young seer hoped that was the right thing to say. He'd have to ask Da later when he woke up. " Maybe another butterfly would be better? One that wanted to play tag?" Luaith kept his voice very polite, like Da always said to. Da said honey caught more bees than poo did...he wasn't sure what honey and poo had to do with being polite, but he was sure it was important.

Lorne_Sionn

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:01 pm
Vinata tried her hardest not to roll her eyes. Whatever god had done this to her should be thrown into a river. She needed to continue after that butterfly. But how to make this cub go away.... Or better yet come with her? Maybe that was the best way to show the god that she could handle anything that was tossed at her. "Another butterfly... Maybe." She said, allowing herself to smile. "Would you like to help me find a butterfly that does?" Vianta asked, hoping he would say yes. Then it dawned on her. Maybe this god wasn't being cruel, maybe it was trying to lead her to Luaith for a reason! That must be it! Vinata suddenly grew excited. Her tail flicked behind her as her face reflected a large grin. "Maybe you're it!" She said happily. "My name is Vinata. But you can call me whatever you want!" She said, excitement still pouring from every pore on her body.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:36 pm
OH Tag! Now that was a game he loved to play, and sometimes when the dreams were really, really, bad Da would take him out and they would play tag till he couldn't run anymore, then they would fall down in a heap and laugh till his sides hurt and the vision was all forgotten. Maybe he could do that too with Vinata.

" Ok...I can be it!" He said with as much excitement as she showed, his tail swishing back and forth as he crouched down ready to pounce her. " My name is Luaith, but my Da calls me Lua for short. You can too."

With that he launched himself in the air, ready to chase her along the line of rocks that Da and Mom had marked out as the boundary where he had his brother could play, " We have to stay along the rocks, kay?"

Lorne_Sionn

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff