Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Discussion
How did you discover Death Note? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mrtomface

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:19 pm
How did you first discover Death Note?

I saw the live action films first. They were on Film4 late night TV and I thought the film description sounded interesting. I was expecting it to be immature but the storyline was really intricate and complex. Then I found out they were based on an anime so I started watching that too. I loved the anime even more! What an amazing series! I wish they'd put the anime on UK television too.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:21 pm
i first found out about it when i was up late and i was just randomly flipping through chanals on the tv and i just happened to stop on DN and ever since i have been hooked on it.  

JadaDoesArt

Sparkly Shapeshifter

8,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200

Kimmy Flare

7,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:23 pm
While buying mangas at a local comic book store the lady was generous enough to give the first eight episodes. I was hooked on since.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:56 pm
one of my friends recommend it to me  

ShadowHunter1000

u1vivia-20

2,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:17 pm
i think i saw it in a preview  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:23 pm
Can't remember, Death note is so popular its hard not to hear about it. xD  

Nezumi69

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

DomaDoma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 pm
TVTropes, actually. Believe it or not, the first thing I heard was being spoiled on the memory gambit. I didn't know why he did it or what it was leading to, so I didn't count it as a spoiler, so I decided that sounded freaking awesome and went to check it out.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:26 pm
I found it while looking through the visual novel section in Borders. c:  

yundere

Biggest Trash

smokespirit

2,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:41 pm
I was trying to impress this boy that I liked (who I ended up going out with! ) and he said that him and his friend were watching the final episodes that weekend, so I went home, had no idea what Death Note was about, downloaded the whole anime series and watched the whole thing over two days.
When I came back to school I was totally in the loop - it was the best thing ever! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:04 am
A few years ago a friend I had at the time let me borrow some of her manga. Most of it was yaoi, and though I'm a yaoi-tard, I ended up putting them down halfway through. And then there was the first volume of DeathNote in the pile too, which I instantly loved and finished the whole thing in 30 minutes. And then read it again. XD

She never got around to letting me borrow the rest of the series that she had, but I looked up all the scans online and read it that way instead. And the two movies made of the series really took me by surprise. I first watched both of them in just the past few months, and even my mom and sister liked it. Which is very impressive, considering how different our tastes are. I'm looking to buy it soon, most likely off Amazon.  

TTSR

Zomplode

Magical Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:12 am
it magically appeared on my lab table o. o  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:05 am
i went to borders one day and found a old two book in one series and bought it  

litiia

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Dynaswhore

Wheezing Genius

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:50 am
I heard about it ages ago and planned to watch/read it, then i forgot, then i saw it about after a year or two, and was like...."how could i have ignored/forgotten about this awsome anime?" then i started collecting the manga, which im still doing. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:10 pm
mrtomface
How did you first discover Death Note?

I first discovered Death Note on Netflix I was not able to watch it so I decided to read the manga first and then watch the anime on animetv.net I think and so far it goes by the book so I am waiting to go back to the library I will finish reading the manga and then finish watching the anime series.

sassymama23

Death Note Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces