Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Mad Tea Party (Guild Events)
The Great Hall - Congrats to Cat like thief 182!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who should be Wonderland's next leader?
Living_In_Song [Mome Raths Movement]
23%
 23%  [ 7 ]
CharmerX [Upside-Down Party]
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Cat like thief 182 [Cheshire Anonymous]
30%
 30%  [ 9 ]
Azure Caterpillar [The Wonderland and Looking-Glass Insects]
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:47 am
User Image

As you approach the heavy double doors of the Great Hall, a Four of Hearts steps in front of you, blocking your path. "Oy," he says, "'Ave you got an invitation? No entry without an invitation."

You withdraw your invitation from your pocket and let the card guard examine it. He nods and steps aside, pushing one of the doors open for you.

Inside, many things are happening at once. Like every year, a grand ball is taking place-- people spinning and dancing away, clustering around the tables of food, bustling about and chattering-- but this year, you notice a series of posters on the walls: Campaign Now!, Wonderland Elections This Month!, and The Time is Right for Action! Never before have you seen Wonderland so swept up in political propaganda!

On one side of the room, a woman with a curious hairdo sits behind a table with a stack of papers. She calls, "You there! You look like a good political candidate, don't you? C'mere," she says. You do so, and she hands you a slip of paper from the stack. "Here, fill out this form. Who knows? Get enough votes, and you could be Wonderland's next great leader!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:02 am
[The Caucus Race!]

Be Wonderland's next leader! Write a campaign speech for the great Caucus Race discussing your qualities, your concerns, and how, if elected, you will take steps to improve Wonderland as a whole. There is no word maximum OR minimum! However, we do ask that you refrain from using obscenities or being generally impolite &c., and that you also refrain from using "Zebra!" and a blank stare as your argument, as that has been used by several Wonderland mayors and noblemen, and they all turned out to be rubbish.

Also, as you know, Wonderland has a much different (and *much* more varied) set of parties, and while this is important to some, there are so many that it hardly makes a difference. (Read: make one up and nobody will be the wiser!)

Anyway, all you have to do is fill out the form the woman with the strange hair gave you:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Party:[/b] [Mock Turtle, Hedgehog Liberation, Upside-Down Party, &c.]
[b]Tag Line:[/b] [Every decent candidate needs a catch phrase, some kind of tag or saying, something to remember-- "All for tea and tea for all!", e.g.]
[b]Speech:[/b] [Tell us why you should win. Remember, no maximum or minimum length!]

When all the candidates are in, we will have a poll to narrow down our list to the top few, and then we will prepare a list of debate questions! After the debate, there will be another poll to determine the winner of this year's Caucus Race! *dancey*

Previous Poll:
How do you intend to improve Wonderland?
Reduce the accident rate in the Pool of Tears: 18% [3]
Improve transportation to keep all rabbits on schedule: 25% [4]
Introduce legislature to limit beheadings: 18% [3]
Zebra! *blank stare*: 37% [6]  

The Night Faery
Captain

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:37 pm
[The Entries!]

Username: Living_In_Song
Party: Mome Raths Movement
Tag Line: "M.R.M! M.R.M.!"
Speech: Cards, hatters, royalty, and animals of all kinds, lend me your ears! Why vote for me? I shall tell you why! How many times have you found yourself lost in the woods after a late Unbirthday or tea party? How many times have you found yourself starring at the strange signs and wondering which way to go? Who has helped you when you were in those horrible situations? The Mome Raths of course! And yet how have they been treated for their kindness to each and every one of you? They are always looked down upon. But no longer! If elected I will make sure the rights of Mome Raths and every animal, large and small, will gain their own rights and gain Headless-Protection. No animal employed under the royalty of this land will ever fear the words “Off with their head!” again! Not only that I will fight to ensure all Cards have health insurance for themselves and their growing families, including dental. For if the queen and king will not look after their army, we must show them what needs to be done! Times are changing in Wonderland, and it’s time for someone to lead this revolution!

-------------------------

Username: CharmerX
Party: Upside-Down Party
Tag Line: Twinkle Twinkle little bat, how I wonder what you're at, up above the world you fly, like a tea tray in the sky!
Speech: Why shouldn't I win? I'm as Mad as a Hatter! and should that matter? If in fact I am a Hatter? Tea all the time! No heads to be chopped! *Takes out watch* Oh dear! it seems as though time has stopped all together *Laughs weirdly*

Username: Cat Like Thief 182
Party: Cheshire Anonymous.
Tagline: "Odd, but with a killer smile."
Speech: As a candidate for the next wonderland leader it is my pledge to you, be you short, tall, dreaming, or an ever changing combination of the three, that I will be not all there through the ever changing times. I will rally the troops and lead Wonderland down the right path to victory, as I myself, don't need a weather-vane to see which way the wind blows.
I vow to keep the imagination that our world was built on alive in every wonderlander and to keep every man, woman, child and hatter, from here to the 8th square, reaching for the sky, because nothing is impossible. So vote for me, so that we can be lead into the future by someone with the courage to keep dreaming.

Username: Azure Caterpillar
Party: The Wonderland and Looking-Glass Insects [TWLGI]
Tagline: "Advice and hookah for all!"
Speech: Let us contemplate; and let us acknowledge. This is such a hectic place. Though wonderous it is. Our party is of those who are intelligent, informative and most of all; givers of great advice! We are the Wonderland and Looking-Glass insects. We're always there; even if you don't notice us. Infact we number a great many.
If elected we will ensure the rules of the game are set; that information is always there for those who need it; that visitors are questioned vehemently; that advice will be given and most importantly... hookah will be aplenty! Along with such other neccesities like tea and time.
Wonderland will run more smoothly. Kings and Caterpillars will be equal. No more crazy sword-wielding maniacs trying to behead you while you're taking a stroll through the Tulgey Woods. Beheadings will be out-lawed. Poetry will become the currency and will be recited correcitically. Mushrooms will be protected. And we promise you; that the Caterpillar is not high.

[The Debate!]

[Updated Saturday, May 07] Well, the candidates are in, so it's time for a little Q&A! Here is a form with ten questions regarding various aspects of the Wonderland and Looking-Glass worlds, and how becoming the next leader of Wonderland will benefit the creatures within. Once again, no minimum or maximum to your responses-- but please answer the questions! (;

Q: First off, thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. Now-- if elected winner of the Caucus Race, there will no doubt be a good deal of celebration in the streets. How do you intend to keep the revelry safe and legal?
Living_In_Song: Here in Wonderland I know everyone can be less-then honest at times. And I understand that! And everyone likes their jokes. That's why I will depend on everyone to watch out for themselves and for others. If a citizen of our fair country is doing something or acting in some way that does not uphold our beliefs and party-till-your-tired ideas, then we will make sure they get a party hat and some pipping hot tea to get them started!
CharmerX: Simple! Everyone will be seated in one of my many unbreakable life sized teacups!
Cat like thief 182: I will be supervising the rowdiest areas, (from the fourth to the eighth square obviously) and making sure that nothing get's too out of hand. I have also taken the time to personally speak to the Caterpillars about keeping the smoke from their hookahs out of the city square during election day.
Azure Caterpillar: As long as there's hookah and tea I'm sure everyone will be happy.

Q: A great number of rabbits have complained about the lack of available transportation within Wonderland. What do you propose as a more efficient system to benefit the everyday working bunny?
Living_In_Song: Well, as of now, my plan to provided service across the Sea of Tears has already been put into action. As soon as it's finished, rabbits and other creatures a like will be able to travel across the sea in a comfy bottle. We even have larger bottles if they wish to travel with more them one passenger. And I'm sure we'll be thinking up more ideas in the future!
CharmerX: I say everybunny should get hopping into one of my very new and affordable teacup saucer! They hover above the ground, go twice as fast as any catepillar with wings and the best part, they run on tea!
Cat like thief 182: I think a more efficient method of transportation would be for people to decide where they're going before they get there. I have people constantly asking me where to go, and destination should be decided before leaving the comfort of one's own teapot.
Azure Caterpillar: A train. Looking-Glass Land has one. We shall build one for Wonderland.

Q: Turning to a more serious subject, there has been considerable fear and anxiety over the current capital punishment laws-- beheadings for tardiness, beheadings for spilling tea, beheadings for wearing green shoes, &c. Please outline for us your plan to revise the legal system in this regard.
Living_In_Song: As soon as I get elected, that plan will be torn up and thrown into my fireplace! We can no longer ignore the serious state we are in with our current system. It's time for some big changes, and I say scrap the whole thing!
CharmerX: That's an easy one, everyone who is naughty will be told "you're being naughty! NOW STOP IT!" while more serious offenders will suffer a day without tea *gives a stern look*
Cat like thief 182: I think if more people would focus their studies to learning how to dissipate into thin air, (as certain wonderlanders of rank have mastered) that not only would our transportation be more effective (aside from occasional particle collisions) but it would solve the beheading problem. No need to make less beheadings, we just need to make the beheadings less serious.
Azure Caterpillar: Beheadings will no longer happen. Punishments for crime will be calculated on a number of matters depending on the serveity.

Q: How do you feel you are equipped to deal with natural occurrences in Wonderland, i.e. the Great Tea Drought, or the time when all the birds turned into punch bowls?
Living_In_Song: Strange things will always occur in Wonderland. From the birds turning into punch bowls to the horrific giant girls who seem to appear every so often. As for the tea drought, I will work my hardest to save up a vary large stock for the future. We can never be to sure.
CharmerX: *starts to cry* DO NOT REMIND ME OF THE GREAT TEA DROUGHT!!!! TT_______TT
*sniff sniff* Well I guess I'd have to say I'd make sure every citizen has a back up sluppy of tea! and as for the birds . . . . my research company is still working on that.

Cat like thief 182: I pride myself in my ability to think outside the mushroom, or in some cases my own brain. The Great Tea Drought, was absolutely terrible, but I think, should a tragedy like that occur again, we could use the time not drinking tea, to mend broken tea-cups wrecked by certain mad members of our Teapot Society Leaders, during a certain loud tea-party. Another method of mine is to solve the problem before it arises, it makes my morning naps much more productive.
Azure Caterpillar: Very well equipped. We will have supplies supplied in much supply.

Q: I'm sure you are aware of the petition circulating to introduce actual croquet equipment instead of animals. Where do you stand on this issue?
Living_In_Song: The flamingos and hedgehogs have approached me already on the subject and I can tell you that I support them one-hundred percent!
CharmerX: I say if the animals don't mind it why change it? Otherwise I've been thinking of useing enlarged spoons as mallets and rubber teacakes as balls.
Cat like thief 182: I feel that no one should pursue it further until they have a 5-cycle plan to deal with the hedgehogs and flamingos complaints about unemployment and removal from the queens court, that will undoubtedly occur once real croquet equipment is introduced. I also fear that real equipment may cause violent outbreaks, after all, croquet mallets are often used as Billy Clubs in certain outskirts of our world.
Azure Caterpillar: We do not agree on this. It is a Wonderland tradition. Besides... actual croquet equipment would have to be imported... and that gets expensive.

Q: What is your position on the controlled substances and activities, such as size-changing edibles and potables, mushrooms, and the use of hookahs?
Living_In_Song: As long as not used in abundance, I believe they are relatively safe. Just don't try to squish your friends or overthrow Parliament. And remember, no one can help you if you try to take on the whole of our card army.
CharmerX: Uh well . . . . . . . . . . I'd say those issues don't seem to have harmed anyone and therefore should be kept! Afterall, what if you need to be REALLLY small but have no means to shrink yourself? You couldn't do whatever small task it is you wanted to do.
Cat like thief 182: Well, where would our Great Caterpillar council be without their hookahs? Also, how could we control these substances, as age is nothing more than a state of mind. I think if we had a rally, providing awareness of not leaving these substances around, it would leave visitors less likely to accidentally eat them.
Azure Caterpillar: All will be legalized... and abundant.

Q: Do you support the rights of the non-face-cards (2 through 10)? Where do you place the Aces within the hierarchy, and do you support their equal rights as well?
Living_In_Song: As I said before, I greatly support all cards and equal rights. Under my current plan all cards will also get free health care while they are on active duty for themselves and their families, also including dental.
CharmerX: I support the rights of all those poor non-face cards, but by nature the ace should be treated as a One . . . think about it, with out no ones everyone would have to start from two! But just because you're a one doesn't mean you're not important! Infact, you are just AS important.
Cat like thief 182: I actually find the non-face cards to be much less conceded than the face card, (except Aces, whom I find delightful and place at the top of the hierarchy of course.),. I highly value all of them (though I have had my disputes with the 4's.)
Azure Caterpillar: We do support their rights. And Aces shall be placed above 2.

Q: Many reports have been filed on mishaps during travel through pools, rabbit holes and looking-glasses, and several injuries have been recorded. How do you intend to improve safety of inter-world travel?
Living_In_Song: All portals to other worlds will be marked accordingly, as not have another White Rabbit incident. And we all know how THAT went...
CharmerX: I say we send in a team of specialized cleaners to de-clutter those pathways! I've passed through them many of times, and while the thingerys are nice sometimes they pile up too much! And alot of them are lost-and-not-founds! It's really depressing actually crying
Cat like thief 182: I think we should have the dear Knight and Tweedles teach a class on how to more efficiently travel through these riskier methods.
Azure Caterpillar: The inter-world portals will all be monitored daily. There will be restrictions on there use though.

Q: What is your position on the use of tea-cakes as currency? Please keep in mind the rise in black market scones of recent years.
Living_In_Song: The only problem I see with them is their ability to get eaten or lost. However, scones on the other hand are hard and more easily taken care of(and not eaten as often as the cakes).
CharmerX: TEA CAKES AS CURRENCY?? You mean I've been eating my money o__O ?? Well that'll change! The change in change shall be . . . . TARTS!
Cat like thief 182: I find the currency quite pleasing, much better than the tea-leaf inflation crises a few years ago.... and as for the black market scones, perhaps if we promoted them black marketers confused would become less likely to sell the scones themselves.
Azure Caterpillar: Tea-cakes will no longer be offical currency. As stated, poetry will be introduced as the new curreceny of Wonderland.

Q: Finally, and perhaps most importantly, how do you intend to remedy the shortage of dreams that has plagued Wonderland for years, since the regime of the Queen?
Living_In_Song: I'm sure as soon as someone(like myself) takes office, and the Queen(Down with the Bloody Red Queen) is kicked out of power our dreams will return.
CharmerX: You mean this isn't a dream right now? . . . . hmmmm . . . well then I'd say the best thing for that is Sweet-N-Sour-Tea-Cake-Surprise Warm Tea before bedtime!
Cat like thief 182: I think that, since people visit our world, we could use this both ways. Frequenting in dreams of those in parallel universe, could promote visits to our land, and stability in our mortal-dream-power source.
Azure Caterpillar: Dreams are our own; they are imagination... with the aid of such wonderous substances abundent in Wonderland we can create more dreams... some even more bizare than before. After all our party has a lot of control over there 'altering' substances here.

Thank you so much for your time in answering these questions, and if there are any final comments you would like to add, please do so now.
Cat like thief 182: Thank you for taking the time to read *Vanishes, except a smile*
Azure Caterpillar: Yes... who are you?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:09 pm
Username: Living_In_Song
Party: Mome Raths Movement
Tag Line: "M.R.M! M.R.M.!"
Speech: Cards, hatters, royalty, and animals of all kinds, lend me your ears! Why vote for me? I shall tell you why! How many times have you found yourself lost in the woods after a late Unbirthday or tea party? How many times have you found yourself starring at the strange signs and wondering which way to go? Who has helped you when you were in those horrible situations? The Mome Raths of course! And yet how have they been treated for their kindness to each and every one of you? They are always looked down upon. But no longer! If elected I will make sure the rights of Mome Raths and every animal, large and small, will gain their own rights and gain Headless-Protection. No animal employed under the royalty of this land will ever fear the words “Off with their head!” again! Not only that I will fight to ensure all Cards have health insurance for themselves and their growing families, including dental. For if the queen and king will not look after their army, we must show them what needs to be done! Times are changing in Wonderland, and it’s time for someone to lead this revolution!

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:06 am
Enthralling! The Mome Raths have most certainly been under-appreciated as both a species and as individual citizens of Wonderland... outgrabe or not, they have been a fundamental part of Wonderland society. Good on you, my friend!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:45 am
It was so much fun writing it, thank you so much for coming up with the idea!

I can't wait to hear from my opponents!

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:37 pm
Oh come on now, any contenders?

Come along and dance then, anyway... *lures you with a scone*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:47 pm
*starts prancing about*

heart

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:40 pm
Hmmm; I have written something [though it needs work], but as its the end of March is there a point in posting it? How long does the contest go on for?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:39 pm
All events are going through April! Post away!  

The Night Faery
Captain

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:46 pm
Username: Cat Like Thief 182
Party: Cheshire Anonymous.
Tagline: "Odd, but with a killer smile."
Speech: As a candidate for the next wonderland leader it is my pledge to you, be you short, tall, dreaming, or an ever changing combination of the three, that I will be not all there through the ever changing times. I will rally the troops and lead Wonderland down the right path to victory, as I myself, don't need a weather-vane to see which way the wind blows.
I vow to keep the imagination that our world was built on alive in every wonderlander and to keep every man, woman, child and hatter, from here to the 8th square, reaching for the sky, because nothing is impossible. So vote for me, so that we can be lead into the future by someone with the courage to keep dreaming.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:45 am
Beautiful! I believe we often underestimate the power of dreaming and the usefulness of nonsense.... Quite nicely done, dear!

Any other contenders? Let your voice be heard!

The Night Faery
Captain

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:14 am
Anyone at all? Remember, there's no maximum OR minimum! If three words get your point across, then submit three words! Come on, I dare you to run in the Caucus Race (:<  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:13 pm
Username: CharmerX
Party: Upside-Down Party
Tag Line: Twinkle Twinkle little bat, how I wonder what you're at, up above the world you fly, like a tea tray in the sky!
Speech: Why shouldn't I win? I'm as Mad as a Hatter! and should that matter? If in fact I am a Hatter? Tea all the time! No heads to be chopped! *Takes out watch* Oh dear! it seems as though time has stopped all together *Laughs weirdly*  

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:23 pm
Most excellent! A Mad Hatter in office would certainly make things interesting, don't you think? I feel like some very strange laws might be put into place... but I do rather like the part about no heads to be chopped... definitely an improvement upon previous years....  
The Mad Tea Party (Guild Events)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff