Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Why are you so nice all of the sudden?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:11 pm
User Image

Tichaona sighed and walked among his pride members. He was on the prowl for his consort, Kifelwe. And-

He was going to be nice.

No, he wasn't a nice male, not by any means, and least of all to Kifelwe. He didn't have to be nice to her- she was his. He could treat her like dirt. Of course that would drive her to Mweyne and then it was likely that the old king would have the first heirs and his rule and position above Tichaona would be cemented and Tichaona could not let that happen. Under any circumstance.

So though it made him sick to think about it and he did not want to and he dreaded it, he would be nice to her today. And for today only.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:21 pm
User Image Nkemdilim was tired, ever so tired. She laid on her bedding in her den quietly and sighed heavily as she felt the last bits of energy she had slip away little by little. She was sore, she was hungry, and she could not get herself to get out of her bed.

"I feel like I've been hit by an elephant," She murmured, to no one in particular.

Mwenye had been by earlier, having heard of her state and offered her his condolences and offered to have someone hunt for her. She passed up his offer. She wanted nothing from him at the moment. She wanted nothing from no one.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:29 pm
Tichaona poked his head into the den unannounced and without permission. Just as quickly he left and took a rabbit from a nearby pride member who gladly offered it up to the king. He was fast to return to the den and walked in, dropping the rabbit before him as an offering. He painted his face with a genuine concern and sat down a distance away from her.

He'd gotten better at feigning feelings, and he knew that Kifelwe didn't really like to be touched or coddled, especially not in such a state, but usually he didn't care and would do it anyway as a reminder of her position beneath him.

His cold blue eyes locked with her teal ones and he asked, "Are you alright?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:36 pm
When Tichaona entered, exited, and returned with the rabbit, Nkemdilim's ears perked up and she tilted her head curiously to the offering before her. Why had he done that? He never does that... This was strange and she felt weird about it. She shifted slightly, swallowing hard, but still not moving to take the offering from him. She didn't know if she had the strength to.

"No, my King.... I'm not well today," She said quietly, her voice crackling a tad at the unusualness of the situation before her. Had he just asked her how she was? "I apologize if it displeases you."

She sighed heavily, lurching a tad as a very unladylike sound came from her stomach. She winced. It was her hunger talking, and she eyed the rabbit hungrily awaiting for him to allow her to take it from him. She would not do so until he indicated otherwise.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:43 pm
Tichaona's ears went back and he cooed. "I'm sorry to hear that." He didn't have much more to offer besides pushing the rabbit closer to her. He bobbed his head as if to say 'it's yours, take it'. He watched her, unmoving although it would probably be better to try and comfort her physically some way. Except... He wasn't very good at that either. He'd gotten to the point where his fake emotions were plausible, but... His grooming skills of others weren't up to par. He could be as rough as he had to be with himself, he didn't mind, and he made himself look good.

He sighed and drummed his toes, not knowing what to do with himself but looking worried while he did it. "No, I just hope you feel better soon. Would you like me to leave?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:52 pm
Nkemdilim snatched the rabbit up fluidly, not waiting for him to possibly change his mind on her. Not that he had ever been so cruel to offer her food and than snatch it back from her, but she was weak and simply wanted to eat terribly. She tore into the rabbit quickly, shredding the poor thing in front of Tichaona with a ferocity no one would ever see from her out in the open.

She stopped for a moment, cleaning her face quietly, as if contemplating the notion of making him leave, "No, my King... I wouldn't mind some company..."

Later on he would learn that she preferred his presence to Mwenye's and he could bask in it than. Now, she had decided to let him stay. And although she was suspicious of his motives for the niceness he was showing her, she would not question it. She was enjoying it.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:57 pm
Tichaona didn't comment on how she ate the rabbit. It was interesting, though... He supposed. Messy, at least. He was glad that she'd fallen for his ploy. Offering to leave was the way to make her think that it was her decision that he wanted to stay. It wasn't, of course, but this was a part of him 'being nice'. Empowering her and making her feel important. That was nice, right? Even if it was just for today and to trick her, somewhat, into liking him more and spending more time with him.

He laid down and crossed his front paws but he still kept a distance from her. He was within reach but he thought it best not to touch her. Especially if her sick was contagious. That would simply be the worst. He couldn't stand to be sick. But right now, he would be the kind king- usually Mwenye's job.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:06 pm
Nkemdilim finished off the rabbit and cleaned her muzzles once more, than cleaned off her paws of the blood and returning her sandy and white colored fur to its beautiful coloring. She looked from her bedding to Tichaona, and back again. Some days she often wondered why he feigned niceness at all and didn't just ask for what was rightfully his.

"My King..." She began, switching to a more familiar terminology to pose her question, "Tichaona... Why do you never just ask?"

She gulped hard, knowing what she had just said was very forward of her, "I am your consort. This is my duty. Why do you play games?"

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:10 pm
Tichaona tilted his head, as though startled and offended, which with his then furrowed brows, made for all the more genuine display. He snorted and frowned. "Do you think that's all there is to me? And that that's all you are to me, Kifelwe?" He stood and continued. "You're not just a tool to me, Kifelwe. True, you are my consort, but in a pride everyone needs a rank or a position. That is yours, yes, but I didn't know you were so... unhappy with it."

He sighed and turned, as though to leave. "I didn't know that you thought so little of me." He hung his head and dropped his shoulders. "I hope you feel better, Kifelwe. I'll see you when you are well."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:21 pm
Nkemdilim flinched at Tichaona's words. Almost every one he spoke brought a new flinch to her body and she dared not look at him at the moment. He was angry with her, and she could tell, but she was uncertain as to why. Was it the fact she was so forward with him, despite being beneath him, or was it that she insinuated to some degree that he felt nothing for anyone but himself? All she knew is that she was flinching, shaking and scared.

When he announced he was leaving and that he would see her when she was better, Nkemdilim sighed heavily and tears began to flow from her cheeks. This was the type of thing that kept her from liking any part of this position she held. She could not be honest and truthful with either of them in the chance she upset them, and at the same time she could not fight back against whatever they requested even if she didn't like it. She was like some piece of debris caught in a wind-storm. She would simply be blown wherever, never to touch any sort of secure ground.

She cried... later, she found herself become ill.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items