Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Too MUCH Support? Help! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kozmotis Pitchiner

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 pm
User Image
To focus on the positive: I wanna thank the majority of you for your passion, loyalty and *sanity*! Trust me- I owe you guys the world.

Okay. I'm straight, and I support the LGBT community hugely. I've nearly lost a friend or two because of my very, very firm belief that gay is not wrong. But lately I've been thinking: What if I show too MUCH support for this? I'm not gay. Isn't this a little weird? I sort of feel like I shouldn't be supportive, because I'm not a part of the LGBT community. Don't get me wrong; I still believe that gay isn't wrong and that it's just something that happens in nature. But I still feel odd. Help?

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:41 pm
The LGBT community would never make progress without allies.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:44 pm
lgtenos
The LGBT community would never make progress without allies.

This.

Eat the haters' faces,
Give cookies to the lovers,
and your life will be perfect heart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:01 pm
Mademoiselle Juko
User Image
To focus on the positive: I wanna thank the majority of you for your passion, loyalty and *sanity*! Trust me- I owe you guys the world.

I feel better now biggrin

User Image

Kozmotis Pitchiner

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gaian 50

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:30 am
we need straight people to stand up for us and help fight the good fight.

true, sometimes straight people can get a little carried away, but still, the help is always loved and needed. most of my friends are straight but they are very supportive and to me it means more when a straight person accepts what i am than when another glb member does  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:50 am
I'm proud to have an ally like you. heart  

Seraph of Thursday

Lonely Saint

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:58 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Until we're all seen as normal people, we can never have too much support or too many allies.

(Brushes by Obsidian Dawn)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:51 pm
I'm happy we have allies, and you're one of them. We need our straight allies now more than ever and I'm grateful to have you as one.  

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200

inu_fan77777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:38 pm
No it's good you support but it's bad if you hang out with gay frinds and everytime you hear some sort of gay reference you look at them that gets annoying I know ppl who do that for instance just yesterday I went to a resturant called sweet Tomatoes and you can sign up for coupons to the place and thats called club veg and my sis looks at me and says if you take out the e and put an a its club vag and I was just like uh.......... huh.............. stare and she said dont you get it its a lesbian club and I just looked at her and grumbled stare she does that allot it gets annoying and shes not the only one.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:41 pm
(huggles you) Hugs for the allies  

TheLostAngel-Mika

Rainbow Elder

14,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Juxtaposedjoker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:18 am
At one of the uni's I've attended, I can't remember which, they did include heterosexuals in the glbt club. The clubs acronym was changed to glbts. Now that I think of it, I think there may have been even more letters in it but I don't remember because I wasn't very active in it since I wasn't at that school for long. We nick-named the club "alphabet soup" but now I'm rambling.

Point: WE LOVE YOU AND YOU ARE JUST AS MUCH A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY. Should you need advice, a hug, shelter, compassion or tough love we will be here for you.

Give us your tired, your poor, your fabulous...erm...nvm.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:59 am
Quote:
I sort of feel like I shouldn't be supportive, because I'm not a part of the LGBT community.

In my opinion, you are part of the LGBT community.
If no one but LGBT people supported other LGBT's then it would be a group in complete exile.
Think of yourself as a kind of ambassador. If we want to be accepted, then we need people like you to start the process. Every person counts
<3

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

Kozmotis Pitchiner

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:57 pm
inu_fan77777
No it's good you support but it's bad if you hang out with gay frinds and everytime you hear some sort of gay reference you look at them that gets annoying I know ppl who do that for instance just yesterday I went to a resturant called sweet Tomatoes and you can sign up for coupons to the place and thats called club veg and my sis looks at me and says if you take out the e and put an a its club vag and I was just like uh.......... huh.............. stare and she said dont you get it its a lesbian club and I just looked at her and grumbled stare she does that allot it gets annoying and shes not the only one.

I don't have any gay friends anymore...they all moved away and I lost contact sad  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:09 pm
^^ We need as many allies as we can get, girlie. Thanks!  

Jellen-chan

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Generous 100

inu_fan77777

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:05 am
Mademoiselle Juko
inu_fan77777

I don't have any gay friends anymore...they all moved away and I lost contact sad
aww I'm sorry I know how you feel I lost contat with my really good friend once he grad. he ran off to CANADA with his fiance (another guy) and got married after that I havent heard from him! T-T  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff