Reply ¥ The Asian Boyz/Gurlz Crew ¥
trigonometry question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

holaphillip

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:15 am
i took a picture of my problem and its asking me to find the value of each trigonometric ratio to the nearest ten- thousandth.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:04 pm
P_Steezzy
i took a picture of my problem and its asking me to find the value of each trigonometric ratio to the nearest ten- thousandth.
User Image

Hey! This is easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy!!

First of all; the formula for Cos is Ajacent divided by Hypotenuse.

To find the Cos C, you have to find the side ajacent to (meaning "next to") angle C and that is segment CB which is 12. Then you find the hypotenuse of the triangle and that is segment AC which is 15.

Then you plug it in the formula: 12 divided by 15. Put it in your calculator and there's your answer. Whenever you're finding the trigonometric ratio, it doesn't matter what the problem tells you - you always round to the nearest ten thousandth, which is 4 digits to the right of the decimal. Why? It makes the answer more accurate.

In this case the answer would be: .8000

P.S. I'm in Geometry and I just learned this two chapters ago. Last chapter, we were on circles and I hated it. Now we're on areas polygons and circles which is a bit easier.

FatBestialSwan
Vice Captain

holaphillip

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:22 pm
_imlayzee_101
P_Steezzy
User Image

To find the Cos C, you have to find the side ajacent to (meaning "next to") angle C and that is segment CB which is 12. Then you find the hypotenuse of the triangle and that is segment AC which is 15.

Then you plug it in the formula: 12 divided by 15. Put it in your calculator and there's your answer. Whenever you're finding the trigonometric ratio, it doesn't matter what the problem tells you - you always round to the nearest ten thousandth, which is 4 digits to the right of the decimal. Why? It makes the answer more accurate.

P.S. I'm in Geometry and I just learned this two chapters ago. Last chapter, we were on circles and I hated it. Now we're on areas polygons and circles which is a bit easier.

Thank you![= I was getting really frustrated with it. You explained it better than my teacher aha.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:39 pm
P_Steezzy
_imlayzee_101
P_Steezzy
User Image

Thank you![= I was getting really frustrated with it. You explained it better than my teacher aha.[/quote]
Then you have a horrible teacher. Btw, are you in Geometry or Trigonometry?

FatBestialSwan
Vice Captain

holaphillip

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:15 pm
_imlayzee_101
P_Steezzy
_imlayzee_101
P_Steezzy
User Image

Thank you![= I was getting really frustrated with it. You explained it better than my teacher aha.[/quote]

geometry. this was just some kind of extra credit question.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:31 pm
P_Steezzy
_imlayzee_101
P_Steezzy
_imlayzee_101
P_Steezzy
User Image

geometry. this was just some kind of extra credit question.

Oh. Well, idk about you but for the Star Test that my district takes at the end of the year for geometry, at least 1/3 of it (or more) is all trigonometry stuff so we have to know this crap.

FatBestialSwan
Vice Captain
¥ The Asian Boyz/Gurlz Crew ¥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces