Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sanctuary of Dreams

Back to Guilds

Guild for the SoD shop 

Reply {Journals} Where your journey unfolds!
*~Chadrick's Journal~* Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 pm
~Chadrick, Dream of The Wing~
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:29 pm
Introduction

Hello there. My name is Corny, who awakened the dream named Chadrick. He is of the essence wing, and is a loved companion, second to arrive under my guardianship. This is a journal I have started to keep information about my dew, including a chronicle of his interactions with myself and others. I hope to have many adventures with my dew, and am very excited to see what will come. I hope you will join me... <3  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:32 pm
RP Info:

Chadrick writes in Cornflower Blue

Corny writes in Green

RP Logs:

Tough Noogies *Finished*
City Streets, New Friends *Incomplete*
School Days *Complete*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:37 pm
Chadrick Basics:

Name: Chadrick
Essence: Wing
Likes: Pizza, heights, running, talking, moving fast, flying
Dislikes: Being left out, being bored
Personality: A bottomless pit of energy. Very self assured and confident, and he loves attention. And yes, it's even worse now that he's grown... At least he can focus on things better? He is sporting quite the attitude as well, bordering on being just plain cocky and self-centered now that he's a teen. Fingers crossed that he grows out of it.

Photos

Stage 1: Dew
Stage 2: Child Uncert
Stage 3: Teen Uncert

His pet guide fire cheep:
User Image  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:38 pm
Updates

1-28-12~ Chadrick met/obtained Cinder
12-31-11~ Chadrick grew into a teen
3-6-11~ Chadrick grew into a child
3-2-11~ I discovered my dew, Chadrick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm
~Entry 1~

I felt it while I sat daydreaming in my big chair by the front bay window. Gemini was on the floor practicing to color. I had a book in my lap, forgotten for a while by then. I remember it was a pull from the center of my gut. A tug that told me I had to get moving. It was the strangest feeling, but familiar, and I would realize until afterward why.

I put the book away and bundled Gemini for the trip. I never like dropping her anywhere at the last minute, and I figured it would be safe enough to take her with me. Though the pull had been forceful and prominent, it didn’t make me feel in danger of any sort. With the child in her cart, my feet carried me out the door.

Imagine my amazement when I arrived at a familiar archway, and the lush garden beyond. I had been drawn back to the sanctuary! (this was why the feeling had been familiar, having experienced it on a much subtler level with Gemini.) This calling was much more demanding and strong than my previous encounter. I found I was unable to linger to look at the garden. Even Gemini was at attention, her eyes focused forward, peeking over the edge of the cart.

When the tree was in sight, the ringing sounded. Very deep, very bold, very hearty. Though is rang loudly and emphatically, it was still a gorgeous, melodious sound. My breath was caught in my throat as I approached the dew, as though I was under a spell, but still conscious. When I finally saw the tiny dew making so much noise, it seemed to calm itself, either in relief or satisfaction. Though I call it tiny, I think it may have actually been a little larger than most of the other dews. I quickly plucked the leaf and headed for the special bottles.

I didn’t get far though. This little dew knew exactly what it wanted. He rang out with his bass bells when I stepped near a bottle of bright blue liquid. I was a little surprised, but I wasn’t about to question its decision. I heard Gemini climb out of her cart and crawl toward me as I squatted down. I told her that this was similar to how I’d found her. She watched with great interest as I let a single light blue droplet fall onto the dew. As the fluid spread, the dew chimed contently. Gemini hid behind me with her thumb back in her mouth. I was happy though. I could tell it was just her worry around strangers and not actual fear of the new family member. I turned and pulled Gemini closer, holding the dew between us, and I said, “Gemini, meet Chadrick.” She gave her meek little wave, while he let out a boisterous ring that startled even me.

I still am not sure where his name came from, much in the same way as Gemini. However, dews are mysterious entities. Who knows what other secrets and wonders they possess? I’ll find out soon enough what essence Chadrick picked for himself…

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:41 pm
~Entry 2~

With the arrival of Chadrick, Gemini has been hiding away in her pond. After bringing Chadrick back from the garden, even I had a headache. The little dew rang non-stop the entire trip home in that bass tone of his. Gemini babbled to him a little, but not much more. She seemed overwhelmed by his ceaseless jabber. Being used to Gemini’s silence, I think I was overwhelmed, too.

When we got home, I tried to find a good place for him to sleep, if he sleeps at all. He had a comment on every single spot, but he seemed to enjoy high places best, and where there was sunlight. I tried to find a place with both qualities. …A place not too close to my bedroom though. I’m sure he’d talk to himself all night and keep me awake. I ended up hanging a shelf from the ceiling near the front window. He was very pleased, and, of course, let me know. Gemini made a face and took her coloring into another room, shutting the door behind her. I hope they can get along when he grows.

I did more testing to see what he likes and doesn’t like. I’m not sure if this is good or bad, but the big dew seems fairly easy to please. He likes peppy pop and rock music, turned up loud. He likes the smell of musky cologne, and the smell of pizza. Oh goodness, pizza. I made some for myself earlier and he rang so much and so loudly that I had to put him at the other end of the house with his own slice just to keep the ringing from splitting my head.

He’s a spirited little guy, that’s certain. If I’m reading him correctly, he has a well of self-confidence and self-assurance. I don’t think I’ll ever have to worry about him not liking himself…

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:06 pm
~Entry 3~

It’s that time again. I think Chadrick is going to grow soon. He has been strangely quiet, as though deep in thought. Gemini simply looks at me and nods, like she knows as well. So, I’ve figured out that his essence was of wing. So many variables would affect his clothing. What would the shape of his wings be? What size? Would they be bird wings, pixie wings? What if he didn't have wings at all, simply covered with feathers?? I'm scaring myself now... Moving on!

So… after getting him to pick out a few basic colors, we were off. I tried to think what an average boy with his personality would dress like... Easier said than done. Even with him belting out his opinion at every turn, his tastes seemed able to change every instant.

Imagine my surprise when we passed by the movie section, heading for a different part of the mall, when his bell rang cheerfully. Gemini started giggling, and I was just confused. Gemini pointed out what had Chadrick so excited… I swear, it was hard for me to not laugh myself silly. Apparently, what had the dew’s attention was a movie poster for Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure, which showed the title character and a male fairy named Terence. I’m laughing about it even as I write this, and will glue a picture of this Terence to the bottom of this page. Perhaps it’s just because the other boy has wings, but that was the first outfit he reacted in such a way to. I asked him if he wanted me to buy him the movie, but he rang out irritably and Gem rolled her eyes, telling me that he said that was a girl’s movie. …Don’t worry, I can’t figure it out either.

I had to go to the local tailor and get the outfit custom made. From the worn vest to the pointy shoes, the outfit was built. To make it unique to him though, I used different colors. Dark blue vest, cranberry red shirt, black leggings, cream belt, and dark brown and cranberry striped bracers. I suppose if he’s comfortable with it, I guess I will be too. So long as he doesn’t turn around and tell me it’s too girly like the movie it came from. When I showed him the outfit, he loved it except that he told me to put the shoes back. It was twenty bucks just for those shoes... He's a self-assured little guy, I'll give him that.

And here is the picture of the clothing Chadrick had his clothes modeled after. I think it looks better with the colors Chad picked out for the fabrics. Soon I'll get to see how it looks on him.

His desired outfit XD

Oh! There's that sound again, and I can hear Gemini yelling for me! Chad must have grown! Here goes!  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:44 am
~Entry 4~

When I went to check on Chadrick and Gemini after my last entry, the poor boy was flailing underneath Gemini, who was lying on top of him with a blanket, her nose wrinkled in discontentment. She promptly told me to get his clothing right away. After a minute of laughing I pulled Gemini off the boy and picked up the squirming blanket, carrying him like a large taco to the bedroom. Once I had him dressed, I let him loose, which I soon regretted. That boy has a well of energy and he had run through the whole house before I could figure out where he'd gone off to, knocking over a couple chairs and a table in his arm flapping. Thankfully, nothing broke.

Chadrick is just as talkative as before, his speech being amazingly developed. He has spoken in one day nearly as much as I’ve heard from Gemini since she grew herself! He talked mostly about what he thought about as a dew and what he wants to do now that he can do things for himself. …And his tights. He talked for an hour about how disappointed he was that he couldn’t wear the tights he’d picked out. Instead, I got him pants, and he has already torn the bottoms.

Why can’t he wear his tights? Well, because Chadrick is a little bird. A hawk of sorts. Instead of human feet, he has bird-like talons, very thick and large. And sharp. He’s not allowed in any room with wood flooring because the claws scratch right through the wood. He has feathers down his arms and a tail like a hawk’s. Blue feathers with hints of yellow. He has a thick head of blue hair as well. He’s a very handsome little boy. It took some finagling, but the rest of his clothing fit him fine, thankfully.

I have a feeling that I’ll be sleeping well every night from now on; as in, Chadrick is going to be exhausting. I can hear him trying to flap his arms again. He can't fly yet, but one day, he might. I think for now, I'll go wrap him in a blanket again...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:06 pm
~Entry 5~

I’m trying to figure out an appropriate outlet for Chadrick. Running around the house yelling nonsense and knocking things over is not my idea of an appropriate outlet. It definitely needs to be something with movement. Even on his calm days he fidgets and taps his fingers and is easily distracted. He has the attention span of a gnat unless the subject immediately catches his interest.

I was thinking a sport of some type. Since he’s not a water bird, swimming will have to wait until he’s stronger. I really don’t want a rough contact sport either. ….Yes, perhaps I’m being a bit overprotective. I tried asking him if he’d like to pick a sport to do, and tried to show him what was out there. He wasn’t very focused, but seemed to get the idea of what I wanted him to do. He thought about it for a while before picking out his top five and then running off to play with Gemini some more. He had chosen kickball, soccer, baseball, track, and dancing.

Kickball, I’d be worried about his talons breaking the ball. And sort of the same problem with soccer. Baseball might be possible. As would track, I think. I was surprised he picked dancing though. ….Who am I kidding? Nothing that kid does should really surprise me anymore. Expect him to do the unexpected. He did pick out an outfit from a character in a movie that he considers too girly to watch.

So, now I have to figure out between baseball, track, and dance. I do worry about shoes. His claws are not made for shoes, and yet all three of these sports have regulated shoes of one type or another. I don’t quite see him pulling on a pair of cleats or little ballet slippers. Track might be the best bet… his claws will probably cause the least damage here….

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:08 pm
~Entry 6~

I have to keep a close eye on Chadrick when he’s able to get outside. He likes to try flying by jumping off of things. I’m not talking about the couple steps out the door or off the front porch… I mean climbing trees or off my car! Thankfully, the jump off the car didn’t hurt him much, but the jump off the tree came to a crash landing. I had been outside with Gemini, introducing a new fish to the pond, when Chadrick’s scream sounded from the other side of the house. I didn’t know what had happened at first, because when I found him he was lying on the ground, curled up into a little ball. I couldn’t get him to show me what was wrong for half an hour! I had to sit there and rock him, and then I let Gemini have a go at it. Finally, I noticed all the broken sticks on the ground where Chad had been lying. I’m still not sure how high he had climbed before jumping.

Leaving Gemini to sooth him, because he still hadn’t stopped screaming, I got the car ready. We piled in, though I was just barely able to buckle Chad in since he kicked and screamed louder when he couldn’t curl around his arm anymore, which I assumed meant it was broken. Luckily, traffic was flowing, so I made it to the hospital in record time. Inside, Gemini clung to my side because of all the strangers, and Chadrick kicked on the other. I think the brightness and all the people running around and being so closed in had him a little overwhelmed. That was a balancing act I’ll be happy never having to do again.

Once he was calm enough after the x-ray, they put his arm into a cast, which was difficult due to the feathers there, and we got to finally go back home. With two children traumatized by the experience, I let them have some ice cream and will let them both sleep with me. Tomorrow, a nice long talk will be had about jumping from heights…

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:50 am
~Entry 7~

Even with his broken arm, Chadrick has been making great progress with his reading and writing, considering that he can’t sit for more than half an hour it seems like. Gemini has been encouraging him by reading to him and pointing out the words that she is reading for him. He seems attentive enough, even when she reads her books to him instead of his own.

Reading can only hold his interest for so long though. In an attempt to get him out of the house to burn off his energy semi-safely, I took the two to an amusement park. It was a large park that had a kiddie area, adult area, and a water area. We spent most of the day in the kiddie area. Chadrick instantly fell in love with the little roller coasters. I have a feeling that he’ll be a so-called ‘roller rider’ when he’s old enough to go into the adult area with those taller and faster coasters.

He tried a few of the games, and actually won himself a giant panda bear. It’s almost taller than he is! Gemini didn’t go on the coasters, but stuck to the gentler rides and the water park rides. About the only incident we had was when a group of boys came over while I was getting us a light dinner. Chadrick and Gemini were sitting on a bench when those boys just walked over and started teasing them about their looks. Obviously, that scared Gemini, but Chad seemed to take it in stride. I couldn’t hear the exchange from where I was, but Chad stood on the bench so that he was at eye height with the boys, said something, and raised his leg, making a grabbing motion with his talons. Well, that sent the bullies scurrying. When I got back, the two refused to tell me what had been said. I hope he’s not learning nasty language from anywhere… Probably just threatened them with those large claws of his, which could scare anyone off.

After that, Chad seemed rather chipper and was happy to spend the rest of the day in the water park, even though we had to protect his cast with a large garbage bag and tape. His feathers aren’t water proof, but at least water resistant, so I made sure he never went anywhere the water was deep, sticking to small slides and inner tube rides. When it was time to go, he spent part of the car ride home chatting about how much fun he had, and the other part trying to stay awake. At home, he lasted just long enough to brush his teeth before falling into bed.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:47 am
~Entry 8~

Yesterday was a little one-on-one with the kids. In the morning, I took Chadrick out to a sporting convention for children. He seemed more excited about the children running around than the sports. There was a playground there, which he ran around on for an hour or so with the other children before remembering why I had taken him there. Though, it was nice for me to sit around with other moms of active children and chat.

Once he was able to focus enough, we walked around the different stalls together, looking at the offered sports. Of course, he got a lot of funny looks from the adults and children, and some of the grown-ups were rather tactless with their questions, but he didn’t seem to mind. As much of an attention hog as he is, I think he actually enjoyed the staring. Not sure what to say about that… At the least, it made him more receptive to discussing what sport he wanted to try.

Like I’d thought, most sports required he wear shoes, which wasn’t going to happen. Then we found there was another form of track called cross-country, where the children run on paths of dirt through certified fields and back roads. No asphalt to hurt his claws, and the dirt wasn’t rolled flat to a perfection that he might dig up and get in trouble for. He seemed excited, but wanted to see what else was there. In the end, he chose the cross-country. A few of his friends from the playground had joined as well, which made him even happier. We filled out the paperwork, got the jersey, and Chadrick was officially part of the team.

There is a team meeting in a few days, so he’ll get to have more time with the teammates and the coaches. All the way home he talked about how excited he was and how hard he was going to work for this. The team representative said that they would travel a lot, but a local bus would take them to their games, which is very good. I hope this works out for him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:08 pm
~Entry 9~

Mai turn! This mai jurnal! I tell Corny to no peek cuz is mai jurnal! From now on I rite evreetheeing!

Gemmi has lotsa fish, so I want pets to. Corny no I rite, so we go and get little birdz for me! Gemmi’s fish hav lotsa spas, so I get spas for mai birdz to fli around insid. Big cag that coverz a hole wall! Haz lotsa perchez and meerorz and seed stiks for them to eet.

I got to birdz, and Corny sed I kan get moar if I take car of theez onez. One I namd Klaw, and othr I namd Twitch. Klaw dont liyk anee one but me. He nice to me, but makes angree noise at straingers. He okae with Gemmi and Corny, but loves me best. He iz blu and wite. Twitch haz losta energy and always flyin. He is liyk me! He is greeen and yelow. He liyk all us and straingers. Klaw and him get along nis, and that makes me hapi. I go play with them now!

~*~

Oh goodness. We’ll have to do some work with his spelling. Well, in case his language is too difficult to decode, I’ll summarize it.

He was making noise that he was jealous that Gemini has all her fish, but he doesn’t have any pets for himself. I asked him what he’d like, and he said a hundred birds! I said no more than two until he can prove that he can care for them. He picked out two parakeets, one blue and white, which he named Klaw (yes, with a “K”), and the other green and yellow, which he named Twitch. Klaw tends to keep to himself, and Twitch seems to live up to his name. And, well… he wasn’t exaggerating about the cage. I knew he wouldn’t settle for the average bird cage when Gemini’s fish had so much space themselves. The birds are in a cage that takes up one whole wall, top to bottom. Besides, though Chadrick is a bit airy at times, I think he’ll take good care of his birds and foresee more in the future anyway.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:55 pm
~Entry 10~

Gemmi so mutch bigr then me now! It not fayer! She oldur, but ben same size az me sins I grow too! …She pretty, and still playz with me, so not all bad.

I luv mai birdz! They luv me to! Klaw keeps sitin on mai showldur, and Twitch fliez evreeware I go! They can make mess on flor, but I cleanz up, cuz I luv mai birdz! They no I the dadee!

~*~

At least he kept this one short. Anyway, he’s a little put off that Gemini has grown into a teen and is once again bigger than him. I’m not sure how long that will last though, once he grows. He’s already a big kid.

And he’s still as excited about Klaw and Twitch today as he was when we got them. He has actually been doing very well with feeding them and changing their water and cleaning the bottom of the cage. The birds have become accustomed to life around here. Klaw rarely strays from Chadrick’s shoulder, and Twitch still goes everywhere his wings will carry him. It’s cute watching them play together, especially since he calls himself the father sometimes. I think they’ve helped him learn how to focus more as well. He started a puzzle today, one of those child sized 20 piece ones, and he actually finished it!

Though I was worried at first, this may have been the best thing I’ve done for him yet, aside from the cross country team. His first competition is soon, so maybe he’ll tell you about it then. He is getting along very well with his teammates, even if he is still a bit of an attention taker. I hope the experience of working with others shows him that being the focus of everyone isn’t as important as working together.

{Journals} Where your journey unfolds!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff